Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,983 members, 7,821,427 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? (1802 Views)

Does God Really Exist And If He Does Why Does He Allow For Evil To Happen? / If God Is All Powerful Then Why Does He Need People To Worship Him? / If God Doesn't Want Human Sacrifice Why Does He Allow Christian Martyrdom? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by orisa37: 8:25am On Mar 04, 2018
Evils and Sufferings that you see so are wickedness and punishment for those who deserve them.
Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by orisa37: 8:29am On Mar 04, 2018
KendrickAyomide:
That's a Dumb Reply
That's a Sin. And you shall be punished for it.
Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by Originakalokalo(m): 8:35am On Mar 04, 2018
When Judah disobeyed, God promised that they will be taken captive by Babylon. Their Children were killed.. gruesomely.

He vowed to purnish them severely by sending them to exile. He also promised to deliver them after 70 years in exile.

God is faithful.It is his faithfulness that makes him rain upon everyone...both good guys and Evil guys.

Because of his faithfulness, He will purnish your wrong doings regardless of who you are. At the same time,

He will rescue you if you show remorse.

God is hurt when HIS CHILDREN are being purnished.

But his Righteousness will not allow him IGNORE SIN.

He will purnish it.

He looked away from his son on the cross, because he carried the sin of the world.

He told us not to steal. We steal pensioners money.... There is poverty, and lack in the world.

Some pensioners died due to this. and you expect peace in the world.

Do not kill. We kill with ease.

Hatred and death fill the Earth... This is a result of disobedience.

Sexual immorality is plenty. Evil follows.

God purnish disobedience BY STEPPING ASIDE.

When he steps aside,

The Devil steps In.

To him is Extreme Faithfulness.... Extreme Humility..... Holiness undescribable.....I don't understand the extend of his Mercy....

He is simply great.

I bow down before HIM.

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by orisa37: 8:53am On Mar 04, 2018
KendrickAyomide:
we were made to believe in the Bible that the world is Controlled by the devil and his Army.

That's not true. Because we sinned, we were punished to dine with The Devil here on Earth till we know Jesus is Lord.
Just like we are dining with Fulani Herdsmen now till the sw, se, ss and cs take their destinies into their own hands and call off Buhari's guerrilla strategies. A person who cannot buhari Babangida alone, how can he be messing up Nigeria and we are watching?
Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by Efewestern: 8:55am On Mar 04, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
We have 2 billion People who call themselves Christians. That leaves you with 5 billion people who reject the path of life. Their actions is part of why we are suffering. They chose Satan.

You can imagine what a human being is saying.

so you mean those innocent kids suffering choose their part?, so because they are not Christian they can suffer?.. cry

2 Likes

Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by orisa37: 8:57am On Mar 04, 2018
Work and Pray.
Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by Jozzy4: 9:00am On Mar 04, 2018
kingcomet:
Good morning and happy Sunday nairalanders.
This question has been bothering me for a while now. if God is all good and powerful as we are told, why is there hardship, evil and suffering everywhere? Let us use Nigeria as a case study. Nigeria is one of the most religious countries in the world yet the level of suffering in this country is on a high.
Boko Haram and the Fulani Herdsmen are still going round doing evil. Many lives have been lost yet there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

My question now is, why can't God stop all the evil and suffering going on if he is truly all powerful and good?

1 John 5:19 the whole world lies in the power of Satan .

Mankind since rebelling against God , has accepted Satan as their leader and ruler . Even Jesus called Satan the ruler of the world (John 14:30) due to that, No wonder wicked things abound since the ruler of the world is wicked as well .

That is why We need to pray for Gods kingdom to come ... Jesus said we should pray ' Father, let your kingdom come ' Matt 6:10 .

Under that kingdom, suffering will be a thing of the past ( Rev 21:4)

For more information see the book What does the Bible really teach , chapter 3 : What is Gods purpose for humans ?

I will drop the link here

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102015143
Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by orisa37: 9:07am On Mar 04, 2018
EweduAfonja:

watch as they come up with dumb Excuses

if i become a mother, no matter what, i cant just fold my arms and watch my kids pass through hell... If its possible to give them the moon i will do exactly just that.

That is if you as a Mother don't end up in Hell with your child.
Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by terrezo2002(m): 9:10am On Mar 04, 2018
Everyone suffers. Jesus Christ the Son of God suffered too here on earth. It will continue this way until God will restore all things after the devil, and everything sin brings are being destroyed
Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by EweduAfonja(f): 9:11am On Mar 04, 2018
orisa37:

That is if you as a Mother don't end up in Hell with your child.

u have comprehension issues...

i just gave u an illustration and u r ranting about hell
Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by orisa37: 9:16am On Mar 04, 2018
EweduAfonja:

permit me to say God is yet 4give humans for eating his precious fruit...

he's still Angry

God has forgiven humans since He sends Jesus. Up till now, 99.99% of humans, including you, don't still know JESUS.
Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by EweduAfonja(f): 9:18am On Mar 04, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE SAYING.

GOD HAS A PLAN FOR EVERYONE, A MASTER PLAN HE LAID DOWN SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE WORLD.

GOD DOESN'T JUST WATCH AND ALLOW SUFFERING HAPPEN, ITS ALL PLANNED.

GOD DOESN'T JUST FOLD HIS HANDS AND ALLOW 4 YEAR OLD GIRLS GET RAPED, HE CREATED THEM TO GET RAPED.

GOD DOESN'T JUST ALLOW DISASTERS AND DEATH HAPPEN.
HE ALREADY PLANNED WHO WILL DIE IN AN ACCIDENT TODAY, WHO WILL GET CANCER TODAY, HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL BE MURDERED BY CULTISTS ACROSS CAMPUS'.

DO YOU KNOW THAT FROM THEIR DAY OF BIRTH, HE HAS DESTINED WHICH GIRL WOULD BECOME A "RUNS GIRL" AND WOULD BE USED FOR RITUALS BEFORE THEY FINISH UNIVERSITY?
AND ALSO WHICH BOY BECOMES A KIDNAPPER OR ARMED ROBBER?

GOD PLANNED THAT PRAYERFUL NATIONS LIKE US, LIVE IN CRIME, DISEASES, AND POVERTY,
WHILE LESS PRAYERFUL NATIONS IN EUROPE LIVE THE BEST LIVES,
SO THAT HE WOULD ALLOW US INTO HEAVEN, AND PUT THEM IN HELL WHEN WE ALL DIE.

YOU ALL JUST ACCUSE GOD FOR JUST SITTING AND WATCHING, WHEN IT'S A FACT THAT HE IS ALL KNOWING, AND HAS THE PLAN OF OUR LIVES.

LET ME REMIND YOU, EVERYTHING IS GOD'S PLAN, AND GOD'S WILL IS BEST.

you replied like a true christain and a gent/lady...

From the above Explanation, U think am na... its unfair Aswear...

there was this man that died sometime ago... a renowed Christain but he died childless.. after years of marriage with no offspring...

i wept for the man.. the poor widow is just living from hand ro mouth...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by orisa37: 9:19am On Mar 04, 2018
Young03:
I don't know
Wrong answer.
Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by CAPSLOCKED: 9:24am On Mar 04, 2018
EweduAfonja:

you replied like a true christain and a gent/lady...

From the above Explanation, U think am na... its unfair Aswear...

there was this man that died sometime ago... a renowed Christain but he died childless.. after years of marriage with no offspring...

i wept for the man.. the poor widow is just living from hand ro mouth...

I WAS 7 WHEN I REALIZED WE'RE ON OUR OWN IN THIS LIFE.

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by aragon4realz(m): 9:31am On Mar 04, 2018
because of third law of motion which that that for every action there is equal and opposite reaction...if you still don't understand I will explain further.
if there is hell there is heaven
if there is light there is darkness
if there is a man there is a woman
if there is joy there is sadness
if there dry season there is rainy season
if there is positive electron there negative electron
if there is apc there is pdp
if there is 36m in jamb office there most be a snake to swallow it
so you see...if there is one without the other is world will be boring...eg
if everybody is happy no body is happy
if everyone is rich no one is rich
so God created everything to be in balance in this world/universe

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by orisa37: 9:41am On Mar 04, 2018
EweduAfonja:

u have comprehension issues...

i just gave u an illustration and u r ranting about hell

Easy my friend. Why are you so petulant? The Lord will perish all wickedness in my ways too.

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by EweduAfonja(f): 9:51am On Mar 04, 2018
orisa37:

The Lord will perish all wickedness in my ways too.

funny U

2 Likes

Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by livingseed: 9:55am On Mar 04, 2018
You do yourself a great disservice when you bait yourself into thinking that because you're a Christian, all your problems are solved or all the problems you will ever have are addressed in the bible. They are not.

Having a problem simply proves you're human. We all have problems and you're not different if you're wrestling with a dilemma.
Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by OtemAtum: 1:00pm On Mar 04, 2018
If you ideated God as a manlike being with joystick, anus and scrotum like Yahweh or Allah, that's when you can justifiably ask this kind of question. But if you know the truth about what is GOD, you won't bother to ask.

NOW, GOD IS NOT Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu or Olorun, rather, GOD IS EXISTENCE and suffering, sorrow and inconveniences are parts of Existence just the way enjoyment, happiness and conveniences are parts of Existence. The earth here is one of the places in EXISTENCE(where both sufferings and enjoyments are present). There are other places in EXISTENCE where only PEACE OF MIND are found, but not definitely here on earth and we shall someday experience those places.
Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by Geesaintagape: 1:08pm On Mar 04, 2018
oyonu:
That's a choice made by man. He chosed the path of death and suffering

Deuteronomy 30:19 "I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:"
Do u mean nigera chose death or sufferng
Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by Horus(m): 1:55pm On Mar 04, 2018
In your bible, According to Isaiah 45:7 the Lord that you go to church and worship every Sunday created evil:

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by oyonu(m): 2:07pm On Mar 04, 2018
Geesaintagape:
Do u mean nigera chose death or sufferng
� by voting the wrong people into govt
Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by oaroloye(m): 4:51pm On Jan 06, 2020
MISHIGAS!

kingcomet:

Good morning and happy Sunday nairalanders.
This question has been bothering me for a while now. if God is all good and powerful as we are told, why is there hardship, evil and suffering everywhere?

I HATE WHEN PEOPLE ASK THIS SORT OF STUPID QUESTION- AS IF THE BIBLE WERE WRITTEN FOR NOTHING!

kingcomet:

Let us use Nigeria as a case study. Nigeria is one of the most religious countries in the world yet the level of suffering in this country is on a high.
Boko Haram and the Fulani Herdsmen are still going round doing evil.

BY WHAT JUDGMENT ARE THE BOKO HARAM AND FULANI HERDSMEN "EVIL?"

What Standard of Judgment do you apply to condemn them?

WHOM DID THEY KILL, WHO DID NOT DESERVE COMPLETELY, TO DIE?

. LUKE 10:1-16.

AFTER these things
the Lord appointed
other seventy also,
and sent them
two and two before his face
into every city and place,
whither he himself
would come.
2. Therefore Said he
unto them,

"The Harvest truly is great,
but the labourers are few:
pray ye therefore
The Lord of the Harvest,
that He would
send forth labourers
into His Harvest.
3. "Go your ways:
behold,
I send you forth
as lambs among wolves.
4. "Carry neither purse,
nor scrip, nor shoes:
and salute no man
by the way.
5. "And into whatsoever
house ye enter,
first say,

'PEACE BE TO THIS HOUSE.'

6. "And if the Son of Peace
be there,
your Peace shall rest
upon it:
if not,
it shall turn to you again.
7. "And in
the same house remain,
eating and drinking
such things as they give:

'FOR THE LABOURER
IS WORTHY OF HIS HIRE.'

Go not from house-to-house.
8. "And into
whatsoever city ye enter,
and they receive you,
eat such things
as are set before you:
9. "And Heal the Sick
that are therein,
and say unto them,

'THE KINGDOM OF GOD
IS COME NIGH UNTO YOU.'

10. "But into whatsoever city
ye enter,
and they receive you not,
go your ways out
into the streets of the same,
and say,

11.'EVEN THE DUST
OF YOUR CITY,
WHICH CLEAVETH ON US,
WE DO WIPE OFF
AGAINST YOU:
NOTWITHSTANDING
BE YE SURE OF THIS,
THAT THE KINGDOM OF GOD
IS COME NIGH UNTO YOU.'

12. "But I Say unto you,

'THAT IT SHALL BE
MORE TOLERABLE
IN THAT DAY
FOR SODOM,
THAN FOR THAT CITY.'

13. "Woe unto thee, Chorazin!
Woe unto thee, Bethsaida!
For if the Mighty Works
had been done
in Tyre and Sidon,
which have been done in you,
they had a great while ago
repented,
sitting in sackcloth and ashes.
14. "But it shall be
more tolerable
for Tyre and Sidon
at The Judgment,
than for you.
15. "And thou,
Capernaum,
which art exalted to Heaven,
shalt be thrust down to Hell.
16. "He that heareth you
heareth me;
and he that despiseth you despiseth me;
and he that despiseth me
despiseth Him that sent me."

LORD YESHUA SAID THAT IF CHRISTIANITY IS NOT WANTED IN A REGION, THE CHRISTIANS SHOULD LEAVE.

What was unclear about that Commandment?

kingcomet:

Many lives have been lost yet there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

. MATTHEW 5:38-48.

38. "Ye have heard
that it hath been said,

'AN EYE FOR AN EYE,
AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH.'

39. "But I Say unto you,

'THAT YE
RESIST NOT EVIL:
BUT WHOSOEVER
SHALL SMITE THEE
ON THY RIGHT CHEEK,
TURN TO HIM
THE OTHER ALSO.'

40. "And if any man
will sue thee at The Law,
and take away thy coat,
let him have (thy) cloke also.
41. "And whosoever shall
compel thee to go a mile,
go with him twain.
42. "Give to him
that asketh thee,
and from him
that would borrow of thee
turn not thou away.
43. "Ye have heard
that it hath been said,

'THOU SHALT LOVE
THY NEIGHBOUR
AND HATE
THINE ENEMY.'

44. "But I Say unto you,

'LOVE YOUR ENEMIES,
BLESS THEM THAT
CURSE YOU,
DO GOOD TO THEM
THAT HATE YOU,
AND PRAY FOR THEM
WHICH DESPITEFULLY
USE YOU
AND PERSECUTE YOU.'

45. "That ye may be
the Children of your Father
Which is in Heaven:
for He maketh His Sun
to rise on the Evil
and on the Good,
and sendeth Rain
on the Just
and on the Unjust.
46. "For if ye love them
which love you,
what Reward have ye?
Do not even the Publicans
the same?
47. "And if ye salute
your Brethren only,
what do ye
more (than others)
Do not even
the Publicans so?
48. "Be ye therefore Perfect,
even as your Father
Which is in Heaven
is Perfect."

THOSE WHO ARE TOO STUPID TO LEARN FROM THE BAD EXPERIENCES OF OTHERS, SHOULD NOT BE SURPRISED WHEN THEY EXPERIENCE THE SAME BAD EXPERIENCES- BUT THAT IS HOW "STUPIDITY" WORKS!

THE DEFINITION OF "INSANITY:" DOING THE SAME THING REPEATEDLY, EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS EACH TIME![/b]

If Christians stay where BOKO HARAM or FULANI HERDSMEN can find them, they will be attacked, and killed.

Why are they so surprised?

Did God give them permission to remain in those places?

Is there some amendment to The Gospel I am not aware of, that only they read?

kingcomet:

My question now is, why can't God stop all the evil and suffering going on if he is truly all powerful and good?

WHAT EVIL?

Do you mean the Evil of Christians provoking attack, through disobeying His Explicit Commandments?

If THE WORD OF GOD is not good enough, they will one day face THE JUDGMENT OF GOD.

God is not in any hurry to implement His Judgment Day- why should He be?

. GENESIS 1:26-31.

26. And God Said,

"Let us make Man
in Our Image,
after Our Likeness:
and let them have Dominion
over the Fish of the Sea,
and over the Fowl of the Air,
and over the Cattle,
and over all the Earth,
and over every creeping thing
that creepeth upon the Earth."

27. So God created Man
in His Own Image,
in The Image of God created He him;
male and female
created He them.
28. And God Blessed them,
and God Said unto them,

"Be fruitful, and multiply,
and replenish the Earth,
and subdue It:
and have Dominion
over the Fish of the Sea,
and over the Fowl of the Air,
and over every Living Thing
that moveth upon the Earth."

29. And God Said,

"Behold,
I have given you
every herb bearing seed,
which is upon
the Face of all the Earth,
and every tree,
in the which is the fruit
of a tree yielding seed;
to you it shall be for meat.
30. And to every
Beast of the Earth,
and to every fowl of the air,
and to every thing
that creepeth upon the Earth,
wherein there is life,
I have given
every green herb for meat:"

and it was so.
31. And God saw
every thing
that He had made,
and, behold,
it was Very Good.
And the evening
and the morning
were the sixth day.

. DEUTERONOMY 6:4-9.

4. Hear, O Israel:
The LORD our God
is one LORD:
5. And thou shalt love
The LORD thy God
with all thine Heart,
and with all thy Soul,
and with all thy might.
6. And these Words,
which I Command thee this day,
shall be in thine heart:
7. And thou shalt teach Them
diligently unto thy children,
and shalt talk of Them
when thou sittest
in thine house,
and when thou walkest
by the way,
and when thou liest down,
and when thou risest up.
8. And thou shalt bind Them
for a sign upon thine hand,
and they shall be as frontlets
between thine eyes.
9. And thou shalt write Them
upon the posts of thy house,
and on thy gates.

. DEUTERONOMY 8:1-6.

ALL The Commandments
Which I Command thee this day
shall ye observe to do,
that ye may live,
and multiply,
and go in and possess the land
which The LORD sware unto your fathers.
2. And thou shalt remember
all the Way which The LORD
thy God led thee
these forty years
in the wilderness,
to humble thee,
and to prove thee,
to know
what was in thine heart,
whether thou wouldest
keep His Commandments,
or no.
3. And He humbled thee,
and suffered thee to hunger,
and fed thee with Manna,
which thou knewest not,
neither did thy fathers know;
that He might
make thee know that

"MAN DOTH NOT
LIVE BY BREAD ONLY
BUT BY EVERY (WORD)
THAT PROCEEDETH
OUT OF THE MOUTH
OF THE LORD
DOTH MAN LIVE."

4. Thy raiment
waxed not old
upon thee,
neither did thy foot swell,
these forty years.
5. Thou shalt also
consider in thine heart,

"THAT, AS A MAN
CHASTENETH HIS SON,
SO THE LORD THY GOD
CHASTENETH THEE."

6. Therefore thou shalt keep
The Commandments of
The LORD thy God,
to walk in His Ways,
and to fear Him.

GOD GAVE DOMINION OVER THE EARTH AND ALL OF ITS CREATURES TO MAN.

He stipulated that Man should not eat like the Beasts, but differentiate between what Beasts eat, and what Men eat.

THE WORD OF GOD IS ALSO FOOD.

This should tell us that not all Words need to be taken into our hearts, and assimilated into our being.

. Leviticus 11:43-47.

43. "Ye shall not
make yourselves abominable
with any Creeping Thing
that creepeth,
neither shall ye
make yourselves unclean
with them,
that ye should be defiled thereby.
44. "For I am The LORD your God:
ye shall therefore
sanctify yourselves,
and ye shall be holy;
for I am holy:
neither shall ye defile yourselves
with any manner of creeping thing
that creepeth upon the Earth.
45. "For I am The LORD
That bringeth you up
out of the land of Egypt,
to be your God:
ye shall therefore be holy,
for I am Holy.
46. "This is The Law of The Beasts,
and of The Fowl,
and of Every Living Creature
that moveth in the Waters,
and of every Creature
that creepeth upon the Earth:
47. "To make a difference
between the unclean and the clean,
and between the Beast
that may be eaten
and the Beast
that may not be eaten."

THE KOSHER/TREIF LAW IS A PRINCIPLE THAT APPLIES TO ATTITUDE, BEHAVIOR, AND CORRECT USE OF THE MIND- NOT JUST DIET.

This is the INNER KNOWLEDGE of The Bible, that Unworthy Readers can never learn.

[See: EPISTLE OF BARNABAS 9:1-20.
EPISTLE OF BARNABAS 10:11-12.]

Those who live like the UNCLEAN ANIMALS are allowing THE EARTH and ITS CREATURES to have Dominion over them. This includes THE DEVILS.

.    LUKE 10:16-24.

16. "He that heareth you
heareth me;
and he that despiseth you
despiseth me;
and he that despiseth me
despiseth Him
that sent me."

17. And the seventy returned
again with joy,
saying,

"Lord, even the Devils
are subject unto us
through thy Name."

18. And he Said unto them,

"I beheld Satan as lightning
fall from Heaven.
19. "Behold,
I give unto you Power
to tread on Serpents
and Scorpions,
and over all
the Power of the Enemy:
and nothing shall
by any means hurt you."
20. "Notwithstanding
in this rejoice not,
 that the spirits are subject
unto you;
but rather rejoice,
because your Names
are written in Heaven."

21. In that Hour
Jesus rejoiced in spirit,
and Said,

"I thank Thee,
O Father,
Lord of Heaven and Earth,
that thou hast hid these things
from the wise and prudent,
and hast revealed them
unto babes:
even so, Father;
for so it seemed Good
in Thy Sight.
22. "All things are
delivered to me
of my Father:
and no man knoweth
who The Son is,
but The Father;
and Who The Father is,
but The Son,
and he to whom The Son
will reveal him."

23. And he turned him
unto his Disciples,
and Said privately,

"Blessed are the eyes
which see The Things
that ye see:

24. "For I Tell you,

'THAT MANY
PROPHETS
AND KINGS
HAVE DESIRED TO SEE
THOSE THINGS
WHICH YE SEE,
AND HAVE NOT
SEEN THEM;
AND TO HEAR
THOSE THINGS
WHICH YE HEAR,
AND HAVE NOT
HEARD THEM.' "

Those who apply THE GOSPEL have their Power over the Earth restored: they can *STOP* and *REVERSE* any Evil, and nothing can make them suffer.

Therefore, at His Judgment Day, God is going to require US to give account of why WE allowed EVIL and SUFFERING on Earth.

It is OUR JOB to CONTROL It, *STOP* It, and UNDO ITS WORKS.

THAT is what God MADE us for.

If God has to come to Earth to make It run like HEAVEN, creating the Earth will become POINTLESS.

Have you any more dumb questions on this topic?
Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 06, 2020
kingcomet:

God has the power to do everything, but because he is HOLY (PURE in thought) and JUST, his way of thinking is far higher than that of humans! Isaiah 55:9

For instance, If a man (rich or having high position in authority) commits a crime like

Adultery ~ sleeping with another man's wife.

Physical Assault ~ publicly slaps someone poor.

Murder ~ kill or pay assassin to kill a poor man.

Covet ~ snatch what belongs to a poor man

e.t.c. All these are crimes before God, but as God he is well aware of the limitations of human intellect to manage POWER. Psalms 103:14
So God won't strike him dead as humans will hastily suggest {2Samuel 12:1-6}, God will be patient with him due to man's weakness to manage POWER! Exodus 6:1

But what of the innocent souls who are suffering due to the consequences of such crime?

That's why God sent his WITNESSES out to educate all of us about his coming government which will restore righteousness on earth. Only those who humbly welcome God's idea of governance will be allowed to live on this planet FOREVER!

You can ask for any of these three publications from Jehovah's Witnesses.

(1)What does the Bible REALLY teach?

(2)What can the Bible teach us?

(3)Good news from God

You'll see the topic in chapter 11 of both the first and second book, but on the third which is a brochure you'll get the topic in chapter 8.

Read and follow up the Bible references backing what is discussed. You can also discussed the chapters with Jehovah's Witnesses, a witness living in your neighborhood will volunteer to come at the time and venue that's most convenient for you! smiley
Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by Speaklove: 6:48pm On Jan 06, 2020
It was sin that bought suffering through Adam into the world.
And it is faith in Christ that would usher those who believed in his [Christ's] name, into everlasting peace.
����
Hallelujah
Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by SamjohnnyB(m): 7:25pm On Jan 06, 2020
aragon4realz:
because of third law of motion which that that for every action there is equal and opposite reaction...if you still don't understand I will explain further.
if there is hell there is heaven
if there is light there is darkness
if there is a man there is a woman
if there is joy there is sadness
if there dry season there is rainy season
if there is positive electron there negative electron
if there is apc there is pdp
if there is 36m in jamb office there most be a snake to swallow it
so you see...if there is one without the other is world will be boring...eg
if everybody is happy no body is happy
if everyone is rich no one is rich
so God created everything to be in balance in this world/universe

U are getting it.. If there is no bad u won't appreciate good. If there is no darkness u won't appreciate light. If there is no Satan u won't appreciate God. Everything is up and down. Without one the other is useless.

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by Bacteriologist(m): 9:18pm On Jan 06, 2020
SamjohnnyB:

U are getting it.. If there is no bad u won't appreciate good. If there is no darkness u won't appreciate light. If there is no Satan u won't appreciate God. Everything is up and down. Without one the other is useless.

But according to your mythology, at one point God was alone in the "universe." There was no Satan or anything like that so by your logic, God was useless then. And had to create Satan and humans to make himself useful. Sounds like a bored being with extremely low self-esteem.

You Christians can surely do better in defense of your so-called "all powerful" Yahweh. If you want critical thinking individuals to at least take your lot a tad seriously.
Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by SamjohnnyB(m): 5:45am On Jan 07, 2020
Bacteriologist:

But according to your mythology, at one point God was alone in the "universe." There was no Satan or anything like that so by your logic, God was useless then. And had to create Satan and humans to make himself useful. Sounds like a bored being with extremely low self-esteem.

You Christians can surely do better in defense of your so-called "all powerful" Yahweh. If you want critical thinking individuals to at least take your lot a tad seriously.

U don't understand... Everything u see now is God. But the religion God and Satan. The God am referring to is not the God of region.
Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by Niflheim(m): 12:51am On Jan 11, 2020
There is no such thing as a crime fighting god, just as there is no such thing as a crime fighting buttocks!!!

Both of them belong to the realm of fiction!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

WIZKID And Apostle Johnson Suleman In Same Cult / A Message To Budaatum / Scientific And Interesting Facts In The Holy Qur'an

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.