Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Bible Message On Divorce - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Message On Divorce (13807 Views)

Osinachi: Daddy Freeze Disagrees With Becky Enenche Over Comments On Divorce / Dami Mike-Bamiloye: Emmanuela Sent Message On Facebook To Me, Now She’s My Wife / Pastor Chris Corrects Apostle Sulaiman's Wrong Teaching On Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Message On Divorce by jamescross: 1:33pm On Mar 04, 2018
bedspread:
of Course GOD Hates sin..
Divorce is the Topic here
one is a universal law while the other(divorce) is not

cheesy simple statements
Re: Bible Message On Divorce by LogicStatement: 1:42pm On Mar 04, 2018
swizzdre:
something happened in my church a while ago. brother married a sister after years of no sex before marriage thingy. brother stilll didnt touch sister after marriage only to discover later that brother was impotent. pastor dissolved d marriage cuz it was based on deceit. is it biblical?
Yes, the pastor was right to 'dissolve' that marriage because there was no marriage in the first place. If the brother knew about his impotency but hid it from the sister so that he could marry her and after wedding, she is already trapped and can not ask for divorce as a Christian, I'm telling you categorically, the man is only wasting his time. In the eyes of God, the wedding ceremony was just a drama presentation, no one can deceive God and so, the marriage didn't take place in the first place.
You see, there is nothing wrong going into marriage with baggage but there is everything wrong hiding this baggage from your intending spouse if such baggage will prevent God's purpose of marriage to be fulfilled. Therefore, the man should have told the sister about his baggage and if she accepts, they will be joined as a flesh all through their lives till death do them part, if not, the marriage is a fallacy is the first instance.
Re: Bible Message On Divorce by Lexusgs430: 1:52pm On Mar 04, 2018
chairman00100:

like it said there, the law is not for everyone but for those who will keep it. And those who will keep it are those who are going to heaven. JESUS said that HE is the Shepard and it is only his sheep that will hear his voice. dogs and cats will not recognize the voice of the Shepard

The dogs would only hear the voice of the calabar or Ondo indigene.........

The cats would only hear the voices of witches and wizards.......
Re: Bible Message On Divorce by JourneytoEL(f): 3:30pm On Mar 04, 2018
gr8tone:
Can someone please explain what this means?
it means that if a man divorces a woman for any reason apart from her cheating on her and marries another woman he has committed adultery with the woman
Re: Bible Message On Divorce by JourneytoEL(f): 3:32pm On Mar 04, 2018
LogicStatement:

Yes, the pastor was right to 'dissolve' that marriage because there was no marriage in the first place. If the brother knew about his impotency but hid it from the sister so that he could marry her and after wedding, she is already trapped and can not ask for divorce as a Christian, I'm telling you categorically, the man is only wasting his time. In the eyes of God, the wedding ceremony was just a drama presentation, no one can deceive God and so, the marriage didn't take place in the first place.
You see, there is nothing wrong going into marriage with baggage but there is everything wrong hiding this baggage from your intending spouse if such baggage will prevent God's purpose of marriage to be fulfilled. Therefore, the man should have told the sister about his baggage and if she accepts, they will be joined as a flesh all through their lives till death do them part, if not, the marriage is a fallacy is the first instance.
you are so right
Re: Bible Message On Divorce by greggng: 3:51pm On Mar 04, 2018
JourneytoEL:
ENDING NOTE TO MARRIED/INTENDING TO MARRY CHRISTIANS
The reason why a good number of marriages end up in divorce is because the couples made divorce an option which is in compliance of the prophecy of the end time in 2 Timothy 3 were men become lovers of themselves only.
When you have a child who is sick do you throw the child away or do you run the corners of the earth seeking treatment?.Make that child your marriage!!. A Christian marriage is a covenant which should not be broken by any man according to the divine will of God. There is no problem without a solution. Your spouse cheated on you and you want a divorce even though he/she is remorseful, Why? ,because you can't forgive. Don't thou know it should be unheard of that a Christian cannot forgive?Jesus gave us the command to forgive 70 times 7 (as much as possible), When you say the Lord's prayer,don't you pray for God to forgive you your trespasses as you forgive those who trespass against you? Do not be like the unbelievers and false Christians who go around blogs saying it is impossible to forgive a cheating spouse, DO NOT FALL FOR THE TRICKS OF SATAN. Stay away from immorality and immoral friends,do not be a channel to break your family, remember, sin begets more sin. Stay away from people who say things like "Man is polygamous by nature","A woman needs a side guy she can warm up to","somebody cannot be eating only one kind of food every day". Those might be true for heathens,non-believer,false Christians who belong to world but can never be true for True followers of Christ.
Heb 13:4 says, Marriage is to be honored by all,husbands and wives must be faithful to each other. God will judge those who are immoral and those who commit adultery.
Ensure you pray,study the Bible, eat, bath together. Always communicate with one another calmly any thing that bothers you e.g sexual issues. Husbands ought to love their wives just as they love their own bodies, a man who loves his wife loves himself(Eph 5:28),hence under no condition should you beat your wife. Wives learn to submit to your husbands as to the Lord (Eph 5:21).
After the Virgin Mary met the angel she ran straight to her cousin Elizabeth who was virtuous woman, Who do you run to when your marriage is shaky?, Blogs, friends, parents?. Every young family should have an older couple(20yrs above in marriage) who believe in the divine law of God and follow his commands,it is best if it is not your parents so they don't take sides, any issue that cannot be resolved between you two, you can take to them as they have seen it all. Ensure to place every war in the hands of God, we have a God who can raise the dead,make the blind see and the deaf hear,what more save your marriage if you believe.
Do not listen to those "Learned people" who preach divorce as freedom for just as Romans 1:22 says, they say they are wise but they are fools. They will never tell you how the kids suffer during divorce and how it can lead to adultery.
You don't meet a poor man for advice on how to get rich so in the same way know who you meet for marital counselling. Remember the vows you both made on the altar before God, for better and for worse,for richer and for poorer,in sickness and in health(both spiritual and physical) TILL DEATH DO US PART. I will end this sermon with a message to us from the book of Malachi 2:13-16, May the Peace and Grace of Our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.
MALACHI 2:13-16
13 Here is another thing you do. You cover the Lord’s altar with tears, weeping and groaning because he pays no attention to your offerings and doesn’t accept them with pleasure.14 You cry out, “Why doesn’t the Lord accept my worship?” I’ll tell you why! Because the Lord witnessed the vows you and your wife made when you were young. But you have been unfaithful to her, though she remained your faithful partner, the wife of your marriage vows.

15 Didn’t the Lord make you one with your wife? In body and spirit you are his.And what does he want? Godly children from your union. So guard your heart; remain loyal to the wife of your youth. 16 “FOR I HATE DIVORCE !"SAYS THE LORD, THE GOD OF ISREAL. “To divorce your wife is to overwhelm her with cruelty,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies. “So guard your heart; do not be unfaithful to your wife.”

Cc: Lalasticlala, ishilove

I like your write up. But if God says on account of adultery one can divorce so why then should you judge someone that refuses to forgive an adulterer? I guess we 've to becareful the way we interpret the word of God.
Re: Bible Message On Divorce by gr8tone: 4:05pm On Mar 04, 2018
JourneytoEL:
it means that if a man divorces a woman for any reason apart from her cheating on her and marries another woman he has committed adultery with the woman
Does it means that if she cheats on me I can divorce her?
Re: Bible Message On Divorce by mofeireoluwa(f): 4:06pm On Mar 04, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
LogicStatement:

What of the men and women that lied and told their spouses things they were not and could nit do. Some profers to be good Christians, children of God only for their spouses to realise after marriage that they married wolves in human skin. Is such marriages not based on lies and deceit? Is it not better to leave from such marriage than die there.
Re: Bible Message On Divorce by JourneytoEL(f): 5:25pm On Mar 04, 2018
gr8tone:
Does it means that if she cheats on me I can divorce her?
based on the modification given by Jesus to the Jews due to their hardness of heart, but most Christians opt for forgiveness of their spouse which supercedes others
Re: Bible Message On Divorce by yinkbell: 5:54pm On Mar 04, 2018
nwakaibeya1:
Love&marriage are highly spiritual&you must conquer love � spiritually before physical because so many people in relationship or marriage are not spiritually compatible,some people are snakes �& chimpanzees&birds � spiritually in human form&are having relationship with dogs �&monkeys �& cats � in human form how would such relationships or marriages work?so many people in relationships& marriages are also married or hold relationships in spiritual world&the spiritual never allows the physical relationship to make head way,even when it escapes or manages to flow or even have children in them its always problematic& that's why you see so many marriages crash within days or two months or thereabout because the spiritual was not dealt with powerfully as it should before the physical& those teaching about marriages& relationships&even contracting marriages as prophets&pastors are always canal&blind spiritually&have no unbelievable power to deal the spiritual&are even blind folded hence many people who talk about love&marriage& relationships don't understand the spiritual they just teach just like bible school theology where as the spiritual remain a mirage to them&even if an opportunity arises they will never learn the spiritual they are comfortable with what some one somewhere has cooked up in spiritual ignorance to teach them&even when you say divorce they are the first to quote what god has joined together let no man put asunder what of the ones evil prophets and pastors joined together if we should say there are good prophets and pastor's?where did you even see god to join them together?So many people don't understand the parables of the bible&the circumstances surrounding so many quotes of the bible or quotes of Jesus Christ,but they just quote to suit their stand point or positions why? Behold,so many people don't understand their village parables but they claim to understand the parables of Jesus Christ the owner of parables how can that be whereas those who met Jesus Christ physically when he came before didn't understand him?what a world and that's why matter how you try to declare the truth& Revelation of Jesus Christ they will never understand but prefer to remain in ignorance and that's why now that we have come back it is accept our truth or perish,no apologies& truth remains the best friend if time for us to know who is who evil or good&that time is already here.watch out.be wise& think if you hear what you have never heard before &help yourself before its too late.power talks& not genesis to revelation stories as is the norm and we have the power to deal with this evil and give total liberation and most of all empower you without suffering people in night vigils a
nd tasting. Mathew 13,13-14

God bless you
Which Church do you belong to?
Re: Bible Message On Divorce by Nobody: 6:16pm On Mar 04, 2018
So a wife/husband will continue to stay in an abusive marriage? She/he should allow the hubby to keep beating the hell out of him/her. I won't tolerate this, Jesus will understand.

1 Like

Re: Bible Message On Divorce by dominique(f): 6:32pm On Mar 04, 2018
ProPastorChris:
Divorce is not an option for the Christian irrespective of the error committed
i
So the person should remain in a toxic marriage till it sucks life of him or her? I will never subscribe to such. Divorce must always be an option
Re: Bible Message On Divorce by gr8tone: 7:08pm On Mar 04, 2018
JourneytoEL:
based on the modification given by Jesus to the Jews due to their hardness of heart, but most Christians opt for forgiveness of their spouse which supercedes others
ok, thanks you
Re: Bible Message On Divorce by IMASTEX: 8:48pm On Mar 04, 2018
yeyerolling:
where in the bible did u see church wedding
He is among those that follow after what my pastor said, not what the bible says.
Re: Bible Message On Divorce by Edelweiss44: 9:58pm On Mar 04, 2018
ladiesreject:

Answer the simple question
Why is it that they don't bury two of them if one of them die? That you're a Christian or Christlike doesn't mean you should not have common sense to reason things on your own. Two ppl can never be one, take it or leave it!

Oga calm down there and stop your Oversabi. There is no argument on the matter, the point is Jesus clearly said the two will become one, and you are not wiser than Jesus. If the God who created you says a thing, then you better believe it. If you had more wisdom and understanding than Jesus, then why didn't you create the universe with your wisdom?

I REPEAT AGAIN - WITHOUT FAITH, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE GOD! You cannot contain or understand God with your brain. Your common sense cannot help you understand or obey God. If it could, then explain how Jesus dying over 2000years ago gave you salvation. Explain how it makes sense to love your enemies. The fact that you don't understand some things in scriptures does not mean they are not truths. When we were in primary school, 2 minus 3 did not make sense to us, we were told it's "impossible". But when we got into secondary school, we understood that 2 minus 3 = -1

That you don't understand a truth today does not mean it is not true. You will understand many things when you grow spiritually.

1 Like

Re: Bible Message On Divorce by komekn(m): 2:51pm On Mar 05, 2018
frosbel2:

Bullshit, if her husband is a serial cheater, she has the right to get the hell out of that marriage and marry another man.

According to a me, myself and I generated self justified ideology you are correct although I do not appreciate your caustic language.

But with regards to being a Christian, she has the right to leave and remain single but to be remarried not an option.

Unless she want to live in continous adultery for any one who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.
Re: Bible Message On Divorce by JourneytoEL(f): 7:46pm On Mar 05, 2018
greggng:

I like your write up. But if God says on account of adultery one can divorce so why then should you judge someone that refuses to forgive an adulterer? I guess we 've to becareful the way we interpret the word of God.
thanks for your contribution, in no way did I judge anyone or intend to,I'm not Christ, so I can't be a judge over any one. Both reasons are acceptable to God based on the teaching, I only chose to promote one because that was the method of the early Christians. Thanks
Re: Bible Message On Divorce by JourneytoEL(f): 7:49pm On Mar 05, 2018
Arondizuogu:
So a wife/husband will continue to stay in an abusive marriage? She/he should allow the hubby to keep beating the hell out of him/her. I won't tolerate this, Jesus will understand.
no, in such a case you separate but can't remarry according to the teaching

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2015 / Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe / Vision: The Great Tribulation Has Begun. Rapture Is Imminent!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.