Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,270 members, 7,815,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? (13623 Views)

Yahoo Boys Spray Cash On A Pastor During Church Service / Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos / Pastor Anthony Olawale Dies During Mountain Of Fire Church Service In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by StrongAlphMale: 9:07am On Nov 20, 2022
How long do you think a church service should last?

For me, I think 1hrs 30mins is okay!
Anything aside this is tiring!

23 Likes

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by hopefulLandlord: 9:10am On Nov 20, 2022
zero minute. church is a time waster that drains your money too then promises you posthumous bliss they can't prove just because some ignorant goatherders who had no idea where the sun went at night wrote it.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by HarlequinLekex: 9:13am On Nov 20, 2022
It should last as long as the church directors want and church members want. For me church service you should be between 9 a.m and 12 p.m.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by Righthussle: 9:14am On Nov 20, 2022
It should end immediately the main business of the day (tithe and offering) is over.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by IslamIsIdiotic: 9:15am On Nov 20, 2022
Just because you are under a curse, doesn't mean everyone else shares your fate. You're what the Catholics call a perditissimi. Look up the term, it has an interesting history.

hopefulLandlord:
zero minute. church is a time waster that drains your money too then promises you posthumous bliss they can't prove

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by immortalcrown(m): 9:16am On Nov 20, 2022
Too much of everything is bad. Staying too long in a Church service is very wrong because the worshipers need time to live (manifest) the sermon outside the Church building.

You can't make Heaven by living inside the Church. You will make Heaven by learning from the Church and demonstrating the knowledge outside the Church.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:17am On Nov 20, 2022
IslamIsIdiotic:
Just because you are under a curse, doesn't mean everyone else shares your fate. You're what the Catholics call a perditissimi. Look up the term, it has an interesting history.

Correct one!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by hopefulLandlord: 9:17am On Nov 20, 2022
IslamIsIdiotic:

I don't give a rat's ass behind what some groups of people call me lol. I'm sure some religion somewhere has derogatory words for you too but do you care?

IslamIsIdiotic:
Your case is more serious than you realise. You are an unregenerate reprobate of the worst kind who woke up one morning and decided God didn't exist. You did this so you could justify your sinfulness and not because of the childish excuse you normally make about Christianity being nothing more than a superstition.
Be honest with yourself. You didn't become an atheist because of rationalism. You became an atheist to appease your insatiable lust and appetite for carnal things.

@bolded
I already created a thread addressing ignorant people like you here

https://www.nairaland.com/3227103/people-atheists-because-want-sin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:21am On Nov 20, 2022
StrongAlphMale:

In those days of the outpouring, Church was too sweet that even such that 2 hours would pass but one was too heavy to move or to go home (didn't even want to go home. I wanted church to continue forever. Ah but the stop too was sweet and the anticipation of coming back to church was also sweet.)

O God definitely moved in those days. I it was so very beautiful and so very sweet!

But today, The Spirit is gone and the church is useless. It is even a place of sinners and no different from beer parlour and strip clubs.

So it is not a place for those looking for cleansing nor for the holy.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by IslamIsIdiotic: 9:24am On Nov 20, 2022
Your case is more serious than you realise. You are an unregenerate reprobate of the worst kind who woke up one morning and decided God didn't exist. You did this so you could justify your sinfulness and not because of the childish excuse you normally make about Christianity being nothing more than a superstition.
Be honest with yourself. You didn't become an atheist because of rationalism. You became an atheist to appease your insatiable lust and appetite for carnal things.

hopefulLandlord:

I don't give a Bleep what some groups of people call me lol. I'm sure some religion somewhere has derogatory words for you too but do you care?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by AntiChristian: 9:25am On Nov 20, 2022
Since you are Christians following Christ then your church hours should be same number of hours Jesus spent with his disciples and choirs in church!

Anyone who thinks otherwise is either an antichrist or a perditissimi!
Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by urCreator(m): 9:31am On Nov 20, 2022
1Hr

3 Likes

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by DavSagacity(m): 9:31am On Nov 20, 2022
Hmmmm...
Our services are supposed to be spirit bound and not time bound

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by Offpoint1: 9:31am On Nov 20, 2022
cheesy Max 1 hour, anything longer than that I'm out.

All those worship, praises, offering, tithing, unnecessary announcement and other stuff is ABSOLUTELY of no importance. Go to your house and do them.

A normal church should go straight to the Bible, read, preach Max of 45 minutes and dismissed.

Most annoying part are those invited ministers who are never out of stories to tell or brag about.

Let me not go to those ministers invited when church wants to raise project funds, those ones are sweet talkers.

I quit church when our branch pastor was threatened to be transferred to a remote village because he was not meeting up with headquarters financial targets.

CHURCH is strictly business venture, all pastors know this, except the sheeples call members.

All those expansion they're talking about is purposely for the financials, the top guys know this. A successful pastor is the one that always meet up with the headquarters financial targets.

If by 0000000.1 chance the Christian biblical stories of judgement day is true and the final trumpet blows today... Believe you me, Christians who will be rapture won't be up to 2.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by Olachase(m): 9:31am On Nov 20, 2022
I don't kW cus I don't have permanent church, if u kW any church doing anniversary pls give me location, I remember when I left lagos to Kano for on church Anniversary like that all in the name of one plate of rice, see wetin them serve me grin grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by Christane: 9:32am On Nov 20, 2022
maximum 2 or 3 hours ...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by ugodson(m): 9:32am On Nov 20, 2022
For me not more than 1:30mins

5 Likes

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by Hezzyluv: 9:33am On Nov 20, 2022
2hours

1 Like

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by Zonefree(m): 9:33am On Nov 20, 2022
45 minutes max.

There's this Redeemed Church close to where I stay, they no dey stay pass 11am. Very cordinated Church. Their sound system is on moderation, they don't even make noise. I think their head pastor is a perfect gentleman.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by Itsokayo: 9:33am On Nov 20, 2022
2 hrs max

3 Likes

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by staga: 9:33am On Nov 20, 2022
StrongAlphMale:

One hour thirty minutes.

But occultists and native doctors do endless night vigils. Then you try to contest with them in elections and business deals, and you wonder why some of them have been successful politicians for endless years.

Jokers everywhere!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by Exmilitant(m): 9:33am On Nov 20, 2022
One hour. My attention span though.
Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by jubrilELsudan: 9:34am On Nov 20, 2022
SHORT ENOUGH SO THAT ONE CAN HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO CARRY THE CHICKS IN CHURCH FOR FVCK

1 Like

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by Dididrumz(m): 9:34am On Nov 20, 2022
Church service time shouldn't be too long, else, it becomes tiring.

I personally think the maximum closing time shouldn't be more than 12PM.

My Church (CGMi) closes between 10:30AM to 11:00AM, maximum.

4 Likes

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by Richy4(m): 9:34am On Nov 20, 2022
As the spirit Leads
Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by Homologous: 9:34am On Nov 20, 2022
1 hour and at most 2 hours.

When I first moved to the UK. The church I currently attend was recommended by my mentor. I attended the service for the first time and by the time we finished at 12:15. Take note service started at 11:00. I asked if it was Sunday school we just finished. They told me they don't have Sunday school. I was surprised.

Besides, all the other things that take time in Nigerian services are not here. There's no such thing as special offerings, testimonies, dancing and singing for an hour, special this and that.

On weekdays which is only Wednesdays the service last only an hour. Nobody has the time to be sitting around while some dimwit who calls him/herself a pastor makes a stupid display of falsehood for 2 hours, as some Nigerian pastors do.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by Hezzyluv: 9:35am On Nov 20, 2022
IslamIsIdiotic:

God bless you plenty plenty...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by Ikenna17(m): 9:35am On Nov 20, 2022
2 hours Maximum..

Meanwhile, catch the latest episode of the booze with the Bros podcast. Currently available on your favourite streaming platforms in the link in my signature.

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by Exmilitant(m): 9:35am On Nov 20, 2022
staga:

One hour thirty minutes.

But occultists and native doctors do endless night vigils. Then you try to contest with them in elections and business deals, and you wonder why some of them have been successful politicians for endless years.

Jokers everywhere!
you don't need to spend twenty four hours to be spiritually fortified. Just the word! For those of us awakened I mean.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? by Mermaid123: 9:36am On Nov 20, 2022
About 2hrs

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment / If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac? / To All Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.