Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,864 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Bible Message On Divorce - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Message On Divorce (13798 Views)

Osinachi: Daddy Freeze Disagrees With Becky Enenche Over Comments On Divorce / Dami Mike-Bamiloye: Emmanuela Sent Message On Facebook To Me, Now She’s My Wife / Pastor Chris Corrects Apostle Sulaiman's Wrong Teaching On Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Message On Divorce by Lexusgs430: 9:33am On Mar 04, 2018
So in essence, stay married either in bondage or harmony......

1 Like

Re: Bible Message On Divorce by chairman00100: 9:35am On Mar 04, 2018
dopemama:
What about those who hurt their wives without been sorry?
What about those that hit their wives and have refused to change? U expect her to. Continue?

the only condition given for divorce is adultery or fornication and you are still encouraged to forgive that is why you are not allowed to have sexual contacts with any other person, looks like the op wanted to add domestic violence or threat to ones life but those are not included
Re: Bible Message On Divorce by chronique(m): 9:43am On Mar 04, 2018
Houseofglam7:
Husband fall on me

Receive it.
Re: Bible Message On Divorce by chairman00100: 9:44am On Mar 04, 2018
Lexusgs430:
So in essence, stay married either in bondage or harmony......

like it said there, the law is not for everyone but for those who will keep it. And those who will keep it are those who are going to heaven. JESUS said that HE is the Shepard and it is only his sheep that will hear his voice. dogs and cats will not recognize the voice of the Shepard
Re: Bible Message On Divorce by PSTEMMA1960(m): 9:47am On Mar 04, 2018
segzybeez:

if a man divorces his wife because of sexual immoralities,can the man marry another woman.
yes, the man is free to marry another woman..bt that's if the man himself is nt guilty of commiting adultrey....

bt as for me i won't divorce the woman, bt it will take me time to love her again..

there is no guarantee that the new wife is nt going to cheat...
Re: Bible Message On Divorce by JourneytoEL(f): 9:55am On Mar 04, 2018
yeyerolling:
where in the bible did u see church wedding
that was why I said according to the principles of your church, if your church believes only traditional wedding is needed so be it, but if it believes a wedding must be done in a church, Then do so. I'm not a judge over anyone. thanks
Re: Bible Message On Divorce by livebullet(m): 9:56am On Mar 04, 2018
JourneytoEL:
ENDING NOTE TO MARRIED/INTENDING TO MARRY CHRISTIANS
The reason why a good number of marriages end up in divorce is because the couples made divorce an option which is in compliance of the prophecy of the end time in 2 Timothy 3 were men become lovers of themselves only.
When you have a child who is sick do you throw the child away or do you run the corners of the earth seeking treatment?.Make that child your marriage!!. A Christian marriage is a covenant which should not be broken by any man according to the divine will of God. There is no problem without a solution. Your spouse cheated on you and you want a divorce even though he/she is remorseful, Why? ,because you can't forgive. Don't thou know it should be unheard of that a Christian cannot forgive?Jesus gave us the command to forgive 70 times 7 (as much as possible), When you say the Lord's prayer,don't you pray for God to forgive you your trespasses as you forgive those who trespass against you? Do not be like the unbelievers and false Christians who go around blogs saying it is impossible to forgive a cheating spouse, DO NOT FALL FOR THE TRICKS OF SATAN. Stay away from immorality and immoral friends,do not be a channel to break your family, remember, sin begets more sin. Stay away from people who say things like "Man is polygamous by nature","A woman needs a side guy she can warm up to","somebody cannot be eating only one kind of food every day". Those might be true for heathens,non-believer,false Christians who belong to world but can never be true for True followers of Christ.
Heb 13:4 says, Marriage is to be honored by all,husbands and wives must be faithful to each other. God will judge those who are immoral and those who commit adultery.
Ensure you pray,study the Bible, eat, bath together. Always communicate with one another calmly any thing that bothers you e.g sexual issues. Husbands ought to love their wives just as they love their own bodies, a man who loves his wife loves himself(Eph 5:28),hence under no condition should you beat your wife. Wives learn to submit to your husbands as to the Lord (Eph 5:21).
After the Virgin Mary met the angel she ran straight to her cousin Elizabeth who was virtuous woman, Who do you run to when your marriage is shaky?, Blogs, friends, parents?. Every young family should have an older couple(20yrs above in marriage) who believe in the divine law of God and follow his commands,it is best if it is not your parents so they don't take sides, any issue that cannot be resolved between you two, you can take to them as they have seen it all. Ensure to place every war in the hands of God, we have a God who can raise the dead,make the blind see and the deaf hear,what more save your marriage if you believe.
Do not listen to those "Learned people" who preach divorce as freedom for just as Romans 1:22 says, they say they are wise but they are fools. They will never tell you how the kids suffer during divorce and how it can lead to adultery.
You don't meet a poor man for advice on how to get rich so in the same way know who you meet for marital counselling. Remember the vows you both made on the altar before God, for better and for worse,for richer and for poorer,in sickness and in health(both spiritual and physical) TILL DEATH DO US PART. I will end this sermon with a message to us from the book of Malachi 2:13-16, May the Peace and Grace of Our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.
MALACHI 2:13-16
13 Here is another thing you do. You cover the Lord’s altar with tears, weeping and groaning because he pays no attention to your offerings and doesn’t accept them with pleasure.14 You cry out, “Why doesn’t the Lord accept my worship?” I’ll tell you why! Because the Lord witnessed the vows you and your wife made when you were young. But you have been unfaithful to her, though she remained your faithful partner, the wife of your marriage vows.

15 Didn’t the Lord make you one with your wife? In body and spirit you are his.And what does he want? Godly children from your union. So guard your heart; remain loyal to the wife of your youth. 16 “FOR I HATE DIVORCE !"SAYS THE LORD, THE GOD OF ISREAL. “To divorce your wife is to overwhelm her with cruelty,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies. “So guard your heart; do not be unfaithful to your wife.”

Cc: Lalasticlala, ishilove

You sound like a Catholic, This is what the church teaches.. Indissolubility of sacramental marriage!

1 Like

Re: Bible Message On Divorce by JourneytoEL(f): 9:57am On Mar 04, 2018
chairman00100:

like it said there, the law is not for everyone but for those who will keep it. And those who will keep it are those who are going to heaven. JESUS said that HE is the Shepard and it is only his sheep that will hear his voice. dogs and cats will not recognize the voice of the Shepard
thanks alot for your wonderful contribution, May his wisdom continue to be on you
Re: Bible Message On Divorce by JourneytoEL(f): 9:58am On Mar 04, 2018
passyhansome:
Firstly you did a great Job, I personally have been blessed by this. Trust me majority won't go thru this epistle, we loosing our culture of reading lengthy articles, I urge everyone Bible believing ones to becos this is the prevailing problem we find in our society. Divorce is a No-No situation to GOD, if you decide to then remain single till death it's a vow nobody forced you to partake. In Roman's 2:16 - In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.. Be guided let the word of God the gospel be your standard of living and not your emotions or something a pastor told you from his intelligence that's not in simulacrum with the Bible.
Do have a Blessed Sunday everyone
thanks for your kind words, we give God the Glory always

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bible Message On Divorce by passyhansome(m): 9:59am On Mar 04, 2018
JourneytoEL:
thanks for your kind words, we give God the Glory always
Re: Bible Message On Divorce by adetony244(m): 10:05am On Mar 04, 2018
dopemama:
What about those who hurt their wives without been sorry?
What about those that hit their wives and have refused to change? U expect her to. Continue?

Honestly, it's a bit complicated. However, according to the Catholic church teaching on marriage, they can not divorce. The option they have is temporary separation where the two of them are asked to live separately for a while for the issue to be resolved. During this time, none of them is permitted to have sexual relation with another person. If he or she does, it is an act of adultery. The other available is if the marriage can be anulled. The condition for anullment is not easy to come by. There must be a tangible proof that either of the husband or wife has been decieved or not duly informed about an important issue prior to the marriage.

1 Like

Re: Bible Message On Divorce by gr8tone: 10:13am On Mar 04, 2018
JourneytoEL:
Matthew 19:1-12

Jesus teaches about Divorce

9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

Can someone please explain what this means?
Re: Bible Message On Divorce by otokx(m): 10:19am On Mar 04, 2018
Nice discussion for a Sunday.
Re: Bible Message On Divorce by bedspread: 10:39am On Mar 04, 2018
The Bible is against Divorce..
GOD HATES DIVORCE MALACHI 2:16
Re: Bible Message On Divorce by swizzdre(m): 10:44am On Mar 04, 2018
something happened in my church a while ago. brother married a sister after years of no sex before marriage thingy. brother stilll didnt touch sister after marriage only to discover later that brother was impotent. pastor dissolved d marriage cuz it was based on deceit. is it biblical?
Re: Bible Message On Divorce by ProPastorChris(m): 10:50am On Mar 04, 2018
Divorce is not an option for the Christian irrespective of the error committed
Re: Bible Message On Divorce by jamescross: 10:53am On Mar 04, 2018
bedspread:
The Bible is against Divorce..
GOD HATES DIVORCE MALACHI 2:16
GOD ALSO HATES THE SHEDDING OF BLOOD - MURDER
Re: Bible Message On Divorce by Ellabae(f): 10:55am On Mar 04, 2018
I think sometimes they don't have a choice. I am from a broken home but I had always blame my mum until I realise she probably never had a choice. But I still stick nd grew up with my dad.So they had to share responsibility in my upbringing. But they are both alive and happy, no grudges held. That's all that matters to me as their child.
Re: Bible Message On Divorce by jamescross: 11:01am On Mar 04, 2018
swizzdre:
something happened in my church a while ago. brother married a sister after years of no sex before marriage thingy. brother stilll didnt touch sister after marriage only to discover later that brother was impotent. pastor dissolved d marriage cuz it was based on deceit. is it biblical?
marriage is legal sex, if both have not had sex then in reality they don't 'know' each other, are not married and are undefiled.

read ancient jewish books about their customs or early christian fathers. or do a research about marriage and sex.

if they have not sealed their marriage on the bed, then there was no union to dissolve in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Bible Message On Divorce by swizzdre(m): 11:21am On Mar 04, 2018
jamescross:
marriage is legal sex, if both have not had sex then in reality they don't 'know' each other, are not married and are undefiled.

read ancient jewish books about their customs or early christian fathers. or do a research about marriage and sex.

if they have not sealed their marriage on the bed, then there was no union to dissolve in the first place.
WOW. never tot of it like that. thanks!
Re: Bible Message On Divorce by jamescross: 11:23am On Mar 04, 2018
have you ever wonder why God focuses more on divorce and seems silent on polygamy.

did the law become stricter after Jesus? or are we making a spiritual teaching a physical law?

what is marriage? and what is adultery? is adultery marrying a second wife or marrying another wife (by casting the first one aside)?

why didn't God say the king must be a man of one wife but instead said a king must not have many wives?

why was reuben cursed for sleeping with bilah, was she jacob's wife? then hagar was cast out by abraham, was that divorce? david's first wife was a married woman, was he rebuked (maybe that's why he took another man's why)?

i can go on and on, many times we miss the point of God's words and fall into error.
Re: Bible Message On Divorce by winfy11(m): 11:45am On Mar 04, 2018
Houseofglam7:
Husband fall on me
reply my mail
Re: Bible Message On Divorce by segzybeez(m): 11:48am On Mar 04, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:
yes, the man is free to marry another woman..bt that's if the man himself is nt guilty of commiting adultrey....

bt as for me i won't divorce the woman, bt it will take me time to love her again..

there is no guarantee that the new wife is nt going to cheat...
thanks sir

1 Like

Re: Bible Message On Divorce by Edelweiss44: 12:00pm On Mar 04, 2018
ladiesreject:
I'm a practicing Christian but I've never believed in that for better, for worse bull crap. Again, how can two ppl become one because they're now married? If it is so, why can't they bury them together if one eventually dies? Two ppl can never be one, never!

To be on the safe side, just call yourself a church-goer, YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN. A Christian is one only because they believe everything Jesus says, a Christian is someone who is Christ-like. A Christian CANNOT OPEN THEIR MOUTH TO SAY THEY DISAGREE WITH THE WORDS OF JESUS. They may not understand some of the things Jesus has said, but they cannot disagree with it. That is why the bible clearly said that WITHOUT FAITH, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE GOD!

1 Like

Re: Bible Message On Divorce by Houseofglam7(f): 12:04pm On Mar 04, 2018
chronique:

Receive it.

When will you realize you are that husband
Oya, do the needful
Re: Bible Message On Divorce by Houseofglam7(f): 12:05pm On Mar 04, 2018
winfy11:
reply my mail

Hi potential husband.
Just saw the email now
Re: Bible Message On Divorce by chronique(m): 12:16pm On Mar 04, 2018
Houseofglam7:

When will you realize you are that husband
Oya, do the needful

Lmfao. It wouldn't be a bad idea to take up that post if it's available. I'm doing the needful right away. grin
Re: Bible Message On Divorce by kingphilip(m): 12:21pm On Mar 04, 2018
Re: Bible Message On Divorce by nwakaibeya1: 12:33pm On Mar 04, 2018
Love&marriage are highly spiritual&you must conquer love � spiritually before physical because so many people in relationship or marriage are not spiritually compatible,some people are snakes �& chimpanzees&birds � spiritually in human form&are having relationship with dogs �&monkeys �& cats � in human form how would such relationships or marriages work?so many people in relationships& marriages are also married or hold relationships in spiritual world&the spiritual never allows the physical relationship to make head way,even when it escapes or manages to flow or even have children in them its always problematic& that's why you see so many marriages crash within days or two months or thereabout because the spiritual was not dealt with powerfully as it should before the physical& those teaching about marriages& relationships&even contracting marriages as prophets&pastors are always canal&blind spiritually&have no unbelievable power to deal the spiritual&are even blind folded hence many people who talk about love&marriage& relationships don't understand the spiritual they just teach just like bible school theology where as the spiritual remain a mirage to them&even if an opportunity arises they will never learn the spiritual they are comfortable with what some one somewhere has cooked up in spiritual ignorance to teach them&even when you say divorce they are the first to quote what god has joined together let no man put asunder what of the ones evil prophets and pastors joined together if we should say there are good prophets and pastor's?where did you even see god to join them together?So many people don't understand the parables of the bible&the circumstances surrounding so many quotes of the bible or quotes of Jesus Christ,but they just quote to suit their stand point or positions why? Behold,so many people don't understand their village parables but they claim to understand the parables of Jesus Christ the owner of parables how can that be whereas those who met Jesus Christ physically when he came before didn't understand him?what a world and that's why matter how you try to declare the truth& Revelation of Jesus Christ they will never understand but prefer to remain in ignorance and that's why now that we have come back it is accept our truth or perish,no apologies& truth remains the best friend if time for us to know who is who evil or good&that time is already here.watch out.be wise& think if you hear what you have never heard before &help yourself before its too late.power talks& not genesis to revelation stories as is the norm and we have the power to deal with this evil and give total liberation and most of all empower you without suffering people in night vigils and tasting. Mathew 13,13-14

Re: Bible Message On Divorce by Nobody: 12:33pm On Mar 04, 2018
Edelweiss44:

To be on the safe side, just call yourself a church-goer, YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN. A Christian is one only because they believe everything Jesus says, a Christian is someone who is Christ-like. A Christian CANNOT OPEN THEIR MOUTH TO SAY THEY DISAGREE WITH THE WORDS OF JESUS. They may not understand some of the things Jesus has said, but they cannot disagree with it. That is why the bible clearly said that WITHOUT FAITH, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE GOD!
Answer the simple question
Why is it that they don't bury two of them if one of them die? That you're a Christian or Christlike doesn't mean you should not have common sense to reason things on your own. Two ppl can never be one, take it or leave it!
Re: Bible Message On Divorce by bedspread: 1:08pm On Mar 04, 2018
jamescross:
GOD ALSO HATES THE SHEDDING OF BLOOD - MURDER
of Course GOD Hates sin..
Divorce is the Topic here
Re: Bible Message On Divorce by LogicStatement: 1:23pm On Mar 04, 2018
segzybeez:

if a man divorces his wife because of sexual immoralities,can the man marry another woman.

No. If he does, he commits adultery as long as the woman is alive. Know that the perfect will of God is that, a union of a man and a woman in marriage shall not be untied by any man until death do them apart. God hates divorce.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? / Communist Leaders Killed 250 MILLION Because Of Atheism. ATHEISM motivated them / What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.