Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Am Confused On How To Pay This Tithe: Pls Advise - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Am Confused On How To Pay This Tithe: Pls Advise (536 Views)

"It Pays To Pay Your Tithe" - D'banj Stands With The "Sheeple" / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Confused On How To Pay This Tithe: Pls Advise by nickxtra(m): 11:42am On Mar 04, 2018
My Christian brethren in the house, kindly advice me on how to remit/pay this tithe.

.. I have a tithe of a good sum I intend giving to my God, but am considering either of these options on how to remit same to my Father in Heaven, as follows:
1. Do I split/share it into 2 and give half each to the Church where worship(my main Church), which is big and rich Church and the other half to another Church - a small upcoming/growing Ministry (to contribute to the growth of the Church/God's house), where I sometime go to worship.

2. To use the tithe money to buy different food stuffs and take to my main church into what we call "house of blessing" where we take contributions to, for the welfare of the needy?

3. To look around within my neighborhood, Home Cell and the said Churches and share the money or consumables thereof to the needy?

Please, this is strictly for my Christian brethren to advise.

God bless you, as you advise in adherence to scriptural injunctions.

1 Like

Re: Am Confused On How To Pay This Tithe: Pls Advise by Nobody: 11:58am On Mar 04, 2018
Brother use pay about 51%( GOD first) to a church that teach the complete Bible as it is,not twisters to make themselves rich and use the rest for less privileged in the society
Re: Am Confused On How To Pay This Tithe: Pls Advise by PSTEMMA1960(m): 12:13pm On Mar 04, 2018
nickxtra:
My Christian brethren in the house, kindly advice me on how to remit/pay this tithe.

.. I have a tithe of a good sum I intend giving to my God, but am considering either of these options on how to remit same to my Father in Heaven, as follows:
1. Do I split/share it into 2 and give half each to the Church where worship(my main Church), which is big and rich Church and the other half to another Church - a small upcoming/growing Ministry (to contribute to the growth of the Church/God's house), where I sometime go to worship.

2. To use the tithe money to buy different food stuffs and take to my main church into what we call "house of blessing" where we take contributions to, for the welfare of the needy?

3. To look around within my neighborhood, Home Cell and the said Churches and share the money or consumables thereof to the needy?

since tithe is 10 percent, i will advice u to share it into 2 and give half to the up-coming church, it will go a long way to help..
Re: Am Confused On How To Pay This Tithe: Pls Advise by nickxtra(m): 12:14pm On Mar 04, 2018
profolaolu:
Brother use pay about 51%( GOD first) to a church that teach the complete Bible as it is,not twisters to make themselves rich and use the rest for less privileged in the society
I don't understand your point sir!
Re: Am Confused On How To Pay This Tithe: Pls Advise by nickxtra(m): 12:14pm On Mar 04, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:
since tithe is 10 percent, i will advice u to share it into 2 and give half to the up-coming church, it will go a long way to help..

My mind!
Re: Am Confused On How To Pay This Tithe: Pls Advise by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 04, 2018
nickxtra:
I don't understand your point sir!
I mean pay the greater part like 51% to a church that teach the complete truth of the Bible and they will the money glorify God, and use the remaining 49% to help the needy around U
Re: Am Confused On How To Pay This Tithe: Pls Advise by nickxtra(m): 12:26pm On Mar 04, 2018
profolaolu:
I mean pay the greater part like 51% to a church that teach the complete truth of the Bible and they will the money glorify God, and use the remaining 49% to help the needy around U
Okay, thanks for your advice
Re: Am Confused On How To Pay This Tithe: Pls Advise by PSTEMMA1960(m): 12:28pm On Mar 04, 2018
nickxtra:
My mind!
let me explain to u why i said so, by the grace of God i am a pastor, and my church it's jst a baby church, less than a year..

it's nt as if God will be angry with u if u decide to pay all ur tithe to the big church..

bt these up-coming churches always have some financial difficulties at the early stage..

if u should take ur tithe to a pastor who sees millions every month, maybe u paid 100k as tithe, he won't even feel any serious impact..

bt if u should take that money to an up-coming church, they can buy cement, chairs and other things needed for the work of God..

may the almighty God bless the work of ur hands my brother..

1 Like

Re: Am Confused On How To Pay This Tithe: Pls Advise by PSTEMMA1960(m): 12:29pm On Mar 04, 2018
nickxtra:
My mind!
let me explain to u why i said so, by the grace of God i am a pastor, and my church it's jst a baby church, less than a year..

it's nt as if God will be angry with u if u decide to pay all ur tithe to the big church..

bt these up-coming churches always have some financial difficulties at the early stage..

if u should take ur tithe to a pastor who sees millions every month, maybe u paid 100k as tithe, he won't even feel any serious impact..

bt if u should take that money to an up-coming church, they can buy cement, chairs and other things needed for the work of God..

may the almighty God bless the work of ur hands my brother.....for thinking about his house..
Re: Am Confused On How To Pay This Tithe: Pls Advise by allenbaker5(m): 12:51pm On Mar 04, 2018
profolaolu:

So you now share tithe in half to help the needy, which Bible passage did you get this doctrine from? You either pay your full tithes or you don't, atleast that's what the Bible says.

But if you ask me OP, tithing is a waste of your time, you're better off spending that money on Nkwobi and chilled juice grin
Re: Am Confused On How To Pay This Tithe: Pls Advise by allenbaker5(m): 12:53pm On Mar 04, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:

may the almighty God bless the work of ur hands my brother.....for thinking about his house..

So this whole tithe wahala was all about the pastor feeling your impact? I thought you tithe payers wanted God to feel your impact, well now I know better
Re: Am Confused On How To Pay This Tithe: Pls Advise by PSTEMMA1960(m): 1:01pm On Mar 04, 2018
allenbaker5:

So this whole tithe wahala was all about the pastor feeling your impact? I thought you tithe payers wanted God to feel your impact, well now I know better
don't get me wrong sir, even though it's God almighty we are paying the tithe to, do u expect God to come from heaven to carry the money?it is the pastor incharge of the church that makes use of the money..

that was why i said that even if he should pay all at the big church, God will still be happy and bless him..

i was only trying to tell the op that the tithe will really go a long way in helping a small church that the already standing one..
Re: Am Confused On How To Pay This Tithe: Pls Advise by PSTEMMA1960(m): 1:02pm On Mar 04, 2018
allenbaker5:

don't get me wrong sir, even though it's God almighty we are paying the tithe to, do u expect God to come from heaven to carry the money?it is the pastor incharge of the church that makes use of the money..

that was why i said that even if he should pay all at the big church, God will still be happy and bless him..

i was only trying to tell the op that the tithe will really go a long way in helping a small church that the already standing one......
Re: Am Confused On How To Pay This Tithe: Pls Advise by sammyobi584: 5:18pm On Mar 04, 2018
nickxtra:

instead of giving it to that pastor let me send my account number so that U sow some into my life even if Na 1% ,I no dy greedy
Re: Am Confused On How To Pay This Tithe: Pls Advise by HigherEd: 5:44pm On Mar 04, 2018
Send it to your local church even if it is a rich church.
Re: Am Confused On How To Pay This Tithe: Pls Advise by MrPRevailer(m): 8:13pm On Mar 04, 2018
nickxtra:

Answer: 1)

TITHE IS NOT
*Offering,
*Charity,
*Seed sowing,
*Pledge,

These are things you do on your own, how/if you want. Tithe is a Special sum/occasion. It is a fixed sum of 10℅.

1 Like

Re: Am Confused On How To Pay This Tithe: Pls Advise by nickxtra(m): 9:46am On Mar 05, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:

Amen. Thank you for this

(1) (Reply)

UNESCO Declares Islam As The Most Peaceful Religion Of The World / 15 Signs That We Are In The End Times-part 1 / Could This Be A Sign Of Evolution?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.