Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,952 members, 7,817,795 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Why Are Protestant Churches See Catholic Churches As Weakness! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Protestant Churches See Catholic Churches As Weakness! (2906 Views)

Nigerians Hate White Garment Churches | see pics / The Thirty Year War: A Long Battle Between Catholics And Protestant Churches / Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Protestant Churches See Catholic Churches As Weakness! by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 1:46pm On Mar 04, 2018
good day to all.

firstly, i am not here to create war between Protestant churches & Catholic churches, am here to have some knowledge to add to mine which i already have then find out the Truth. without any argument on this, Catholic churches are the oldest among all other churches we have, and that speak a lot interms of integrity, faith, truth..... not just today i have come across such judgement against Catholic churches and just today i went to church a minister of God was giving a testimony about a woman who was sick but after she left her Catholic church she started started seeing the light of God and she started knowing the truth about God. but my questions now is , DOES IT MEAN THERE IS NO GOD IN CATHOLIC CHURCHES? AND DOES IT ALSO MEAN THEY ARE NOT TEACHING THE RIGHT THINGS?.

to my surprise since have been going to Catholic churches and Protestant churches have not had a revered father or bishop insight Protestant churches as weakening.
Re: Why Are Protestant Churches See Catholic Churches As Weakness! by torres89: 1:50pm On Mar 04, 2018
lipsrsealed

Protestant churches are filled with cheap lies

since the Catholic Church doesn't conduct 419 crusades ,

yet they still have the largest population of christains in the world and Nigeria,

Protestants decide to play dirty games , by insulting and saying all manners of rubbish against the Catholic Church

this dirty act or strategy is called a low blow in boxing
and no champion as ever made it to the top giving low blows.

did you see the woman the pastor healed with your eyes
can you even confirm if she was actually sick or her health is back 100 percent

Africans and Nigerians in particular are always amused by anything shortcuts. MMM should enlighten better.

don't get caught in some selfish people intrest.

the Catholic Church still remains one of respected organizations in the world

and I do tell people who care to listen
if not for the first missionaries who were Catholics
Nigeria won't be what it is today
the first and the best schools and hospitals were all built by Catholics

what has Protestants done

if you want to know more about the Catholic Church
ask someone sound or just use Google sef.

I remain a proud Catholic

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Protestant Churches See Catholic Churches As Weakness! by Crankshaft: 2:33pm On Mar 04, 2018
EMEKUSBOY9:
good day to all.

firstly, i am not here to create war between Protestant churches & Catholic churches, am here to have some knowledge to add to mine which i already have then find out the Truth. without any argument on this, Catholic churches are the oldest among all other churches we have, and that speak a lot interms of integrity, faith, truth..... not just today i have come across such judgement against Catholic churches and just today i went to church a minister of God was giving a testimony about a woman who was sick but after she left her Catholic church she started started seeing the light of God and she started knowing the truth about God. but my questions now is , DOES IT MEAN THERE IS NO GOD IN CATHOLIC CHURCHES? AND DOES IT ALSO MEAN THEY ARE NOT TEACHING THE RIGHT THINGS?.

to my surprise since have been going to Catholic churches and Protestant churches have not had a revered father or bishop insight Protestant churches as weakening.

Don't let these things bother you, you should be interested in greater things than this.
(Matt. 6:9–10). The believer’s mind should be consumed with heavenly things.

This is purely human's nature. For example, I can say the school I attended is miles better than yours, not because it is true but to make it seem right. There will always be argument, there is no limit to this.
Re: Why Are Protestant Churches See Catholic Churches As Weakness! by iamgenius(m): 5:49pm On Mar 04, 2018
EMEKUSBOY9:
good day to all.

Only a verse from the Holy Book revealed to the last messenger of God, Muhammad (peace be upon him) , who is a brother to Jesus(peace be upon him) likewise all other Prophets explains your question.

Allah says:

Quran Chapter 5 - Verse 14

And we made a covenant with those who proclaimed we are christians they then forgot a large portion of the advices given to them we have therefore instilled ENMITY and HATRED between them till the day of resurrection and allah will soon inform them of what they were doing

1 Like

Re: Why Are Protestant Churches See Catholic Churches As Weakness! by dragon2(m): 8:06pm On Mar 04, 2018
iamgenius:

Only a verse from the Holy Book revealed to the last messenger of God, Muhammad (peace be upon him) , who is a brother to Jesus(peace be upon him) likewise all other Prophets explains your question.

Allah says:

And we made a covenant with those who proclaimed we are christians they then forgot a large portion of the advices given to them we have therefore instilled ENMITY and HATRED between them till the day of resurrection and allah will soon inform them of what they were doing

As if though Muslims don't have a sunni vs shia full blown war going on in Syria and Yemen.Is that not more enmity and hatred than that of Christians?
Men will always corrupt divine things for their selfish temporal benefit. No teaching that comes up, that there is not a corruption or alternate. The Jews had the Pharisees and Sadducees sects as the main sects fighting over the interpretation of scripture .They have different sects now,so do Muslims and Christians.That should inform you that the spirit of confusion is in full swing.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Protestant Churches See Catholic Churches As Weakness! by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 10:18pm On Mar 04, 2018
torres89:
lipsrsealed

Protestant churches are filled with cheap lies

since the Catholic Church doesn't conduct 419 crusades ,

yet they still have the largest population of christains in the world and Nigeria,

Protestants decide to play dirty games , by insulting and saying all manners of rubbish against the Catholic Church

this dirty act or strategy is called a low blow in boxing
and no champion as ever made it to the top giving low blows.

did you see the woman the pastor healed with your eyes
can you even confirm if she was actually sick or her health is back 100 percent

Africans and Nigerians in particular are always amused by anything shortcuts. MMM should enlighten better.

don't get caught in some selfish people intrest.

the Catholic Church still remains one of respected organizations in the world

and I do tell people who care to listen
if not for the first missionaries who were Catholics
Nigeria won't be what it is today
the first and the best schools and hospitals were all built by Catholics

what has Protestants done

if you want to know more about the Catholic Church
ask someone sound or just use Google sef.

I remain a proud Catholic

my brother am just tired of this country
Re: Why Are Protestant Churches See Catholic Churches As Weakness! by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 10:19pm On Mar 04, 2018
Crankshaft:

Don't let these things bother you, you should be interested in greater things than this.
(Matt. 6:9–10). The believer’s mind should be consumed with heavenly things.

This is purely human's nature. For example, I can say the school I attended is miles better than yours, not because it is true but to make it seem right. There will always be argument, there is no limit to this.

thank you for your encouragement
Re: Why Are Protestant Churches See Catholic Churches As Weakness! by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 10:23pm On Mar 04, 2018
iamgenius:

Allah says:

my brother please no religious war here, let us love each other
Re: Why Are Protestant Churches See Catholic Churches As Weakness! by Emmanystone: 10:39pm On Mar 04, 2018
Catholicism is a distinct religion with Mary as her goddess and the Pope as her high priest. She is not a Christian faith.

She is Hellenistic and pretending it is Christian doesn't change that. By her fruits we know her.

Babylon the great, the great harlot. Come out if her or perish with her.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Protestant Churches See Catholic Churches As Weakness! by Dnaz(m): 10:56am On Mar 05, 2018
Emmanystone:
Catholicism is a distinct religion with Mary as her goddess and the Pope as her high priest. She is not a Christian faith.

She is Hellenistic and pretending it is Christian doesn't change that. By her fruits we know her.

I love Mary . she led me to Christ
I love the Catholic church the true bride of Christ
I feel pity for you and other Protestants who are rebels

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Protestant Churches See Catholic Churches As Weakness! by Emmanystone: 12:30pm On Mar 05, 2018
Dnaz:

I love Mary . she led me to Christ
I love the Catholic church the true bride of Christ
I feel pity for you and other Protestants who are rebels
I know you love, but if you indeed have Christ you'd know she didn't lead you to Christ. At least not Jesus Christ of Nazareth, because He said, Come unto me all you who labour and are heavy laden. He didn't say come to me theough anyone.

Gerarahia.
Re: Why Are Protestant Churches See Catholic Churches As Weakness! by Ubenedictus(m): 5:51pm On Mar 05, 2018
Emmanystone:

I know you love, but if you indeed have Christ you'd know she didn't lead you to Christ. At least not Jesus Christ of Nazareth, because He said, Come unto me all you who labour and are heavy laden. He didn't say come to me theough anyone.

Gerarahia.
your pastors are allowed to lead people to Christ but it is forbidden for Mary to do so.

what type of stupidity has fallen on Protestant Christianity?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Protestant Churches See Catholic Churches As Weakness! by Ubenedictus(m): 6:03pm On Mar 05, 2018
Emmanystone:

the stupidity of this post becomes glaring when one realises that anyone who believes that Mary is a goddess is considered a heretic and ripe for excommunication in the Catholic Church.

why will you go to such length to accuse Catholics of things that is abhorrent to them and which they condemn? what kind of hatred will make you lie about what another man believe? why will you say they believe the very things they condemn?

you are just a liar and you know your father, the father of lies.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Protestant Churches See Catholic Churches As Weakness! by Ubenedictus(m): 6:03pm On Mar 05, 2018
EMEKUSBOY9:
good day to all.

it is called bad mouthing, people do it to other who are their superior
Re: Why Are Protestant Churches See Catholic Churches As Weakness! by Emmanystone: 7:46pm On Mar 05, 2018
Ubenedictus:
your pastors are allowed to lead people to Christ but it is forbidden for Mary to do so.

Hahahahahahaha. Oh he meant it in that sense? I see. So a dead Mary led him to Christ?
Re: Why Are Protestant Churches See Catholic Churches As Weakness! by Emmanystone: 8:06pm On Mar 05, 2018
Ubenedictus:
the stupidity of this post becomes glaring when one realises that anyone who believes that Mary is a goddess is considered a heretic and ripe for excommunication in the Catholic Church.

why will you go to such length to accuse Catholics of things that is abhorrent to them and which they condemn? what kind of hatred will make you lie about what another man believe? why will you say they believe the very things they condemn?

you are just a liar and you know your father, the father of lies.
You are saying this to still pretend that Catholics don't worship Mary?

Listen, you know it, i know it, and every one who reads his or her Bible who also had been a Catholic knows that Mary is a goddess worshipped by Catholics, deny it all you want, the truth glares at your face.

Catholicism is Hellenism period.
Re: Why Are Protestant Churches See Catholic Churches As Weakness! by shadeyinka(m): 9:12pm On Mar 05, 2018
iamgenius:

Allah says:

And when last did you hear that Catholics bombed a Protestant church or vice vassal.

At least, in our divisions we are not murderers like your people!
Re: Why Are Protestant Churches See Catholic Churches As Weakness! by danvon(m): 11:03pm On Mar 05, 2018
Emmanystone:

While I don't like everything about the Catholic Church please it's not the great harlot..that's Israel
Re: Why Are Protestant Churches See Catholic Churches As Weakness! by Emmanystone: 7:25am On Mar 06, 2018
danvon:
While I don't like everything about the Catholic Church please it's not the great harlot..that's Israel
Lolzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Your understanding of scriptures is backward.
Re: Why Are Protestant Churches See Catholic Churches As Weakness! by Dnaz(m): 7:33am On Mar 06, 2018
Emmanystone:

Lolzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Your understanding of scriptures is backward.
You have a problem, u think u know but u are so empty
Re: Why Are Protestant Churches See Catholic Churches As Weakness! by Emmanystone: 7:56am On Mar 06, 2018
Ubenedictus:

My pastor is alive, Mary is dead.
Re: Why Are Protestant Churches See Catholic Churches As Weakness! by Emmanystone: 7:59am On Mar 06, 2018
Dnaz:

You have a problem, u think u know but u are so empty
I never said i know, you just implied it now. Thanks dear.

Read your Bible sir, Jesus is coning soon, if he comes and meets you on the wrong side of the road, you be sorry.

He came like the lamb to be killed, when he comes back, He shall be like the Lion who Roars against those who are opposed to Him.

Do not be caught unprepared. My dear, you can't stand hellfire o.
Re: Why Are Protestant Churches See Catholic Churches As Weakness! by Nobody: 8:03am On Mar 06, 2018
Catholics wants to be seen as the true church even with their extrabiblical practices. Check out the Christian joining forces with freeze to fight the pentecostals, most are catholics(nairaland as a case study).

1 Like

Re: Why Are Protestant Churches See Catholic Churches As Weakness! by Dnaz(m): 2:07pm On Mar 06, 2018
salvation101:
Catholics wants to be seen as the true church even with their extrabiblical practices. Check out the Christian joining forces with freeze to fight the pentecostals, most are catholics(nairaland as a case study).
We can't be seen as, we are the true church of Christ built by Christ on the rock of peter
Re: Why Are Protestant Churches See Catholic Churches As Weakness! by Dnaz(m): 2:09pm On Mar 06, 2018
Emmanystone:

I never said i know, you just implied it now. Thanks dear.

Read your Bible sir, Jesus is coning soon, if he comes and meets you on the wrong side of the road, you be sorry.

He came like the lamb to be killed, when he comes back, He shall be like the Lion who Roars against those who are opposed to Him.

Do not be caught unprepared. My dear, you can't stand hellfire o.
Unfortunately you are not Jesus. Leave the judgement to him and get thee behind us Satan for the gates of hell shall never prevail
Re: Why Are Protestant Churches See Catholic Churches As Weakness! by Dnaz(m): 2:13pm On Mar 06, 2018
Et unan sanctam CATHOLICA et APOSTOLICA ecclesiam
The only church truely Catholic and truely Apostolic.
The Church of the living God, the pillar and bulwark of truth
Re: Why Are Protestant Churches See Catholic Churches As Weakness! by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 06, 2018
Dnaz:

We can't be seen as, we are the true church of Christ built by Christ on the rock of peter
keep Deceiving ursef u hear? So Peter was tge one who introduced u to bowing to Mary image
Re: Why Are Protestant Churches See Catholic Churches As Weakness! by Ubenedictus(m): 3:34pm On Mar 06, 2018
Emmanystone:

You are saying this to still pretend that Catholics don't worship Mary?

Listen, you know it, i know it, and every one who reads his or her Bible who also had been a Catholic knows that Mary is a goddess worshipped by Catholics, deny it all you want, the truth glares at your face.

Catholicism is Hellenism period.

you know you are lying about what Catholics believe, you know your father, the father of lies.
Re: Why Are Protestant Churches See Catholic Churches As Weakness! by Ubenedictus(m): 3:47pm On Mar 06, 2018
salvation101:
the Catholic Church is the true and original church from which all others false teachers schism from.

if freeze is speaking the truth why won't Catholics agree? you guys have decided to scare the people of God with terrible teaching just to steal their wealth under false pretense all in the name of old testament laws that have long been eroded.

you guys should repent, if your church needs funds your pastor should say so not hide under an obsolete law to scare people with curses.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Protestant Churches See Catholic Churches As Weakness! by Dnaz(m): 3:48pm On Mar 06, 2018
salvation101:
keep Deceiving ursef u hear? So Peter was tge one who introduced u to bowing to Mary image
Peter would have definitely bowed before Mary as a sign of respect and not worship. So yes we imitate the humility of the prince of the Apostles
Re: Why Are Protestant Churches See Catholic Churches As Weakness! by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 06, 2018
Ubenedictus:
the Catholic Church is the true and original church from which all others false teachers schism from.

if freeze is speaking the truth why won't Catholics agree? you guys have decided to scare the people of God with terrible teaching just to steal their wealth under false pretense all in the name of old testament laws that have long been eroded.

you guys should repent, if your church needs funds your pastor should say so not hide under an obsolete law to scare people with curses.
Freeze is teaching the truth? Now let's bring out catholic hypocrisy.
Does the catholic church teach against tithe? Why is it left to be optional. If u don't support tithe, why don't u outrightly condemn it..
All the other means you guys employ to get funds like giving out letters to unbelievers and corrupt individuals so dat dey contribute for you church projects, are such practices biblical?
You say old testament law has been eroded, where dis you get such practices such as burning of insense and many old testament ceremonial practices u indulge in? Who is receiving who here?

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Protestant Churches See Catholic Churches As Weakness! by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 06, 2018
Dnaz:

Peter would have definitely bowed before Mary as a sign of respect and not worship. So yes we imitate the humility of the prince of the Apostles
any biblical proof?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Only Satan Shall Set You Free. What's Satan? / Prayer Of The Day / Finding It Difficult To Believe That Jesus Died For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.