Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,137 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' (25675 Views)

Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage / Folorunsho Alakija Adds To The Beautiful Skyline Of Lagos / Folorunsho Alakija Gorgeous In Native Wear, Poses With Her Numerous Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 04, 2018
spot-on! characteristics of a shithole!
nig is bereft of good leaders!
Re: An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' by ZombieBuster: 7:23pm On Mar 04, 2018
Yankee101:
Free this woman abeg. She don hammer she don hammer. Ask same God to bless your hustle, simple.

Why is she thanking God
That's taunting Gods children and God himself

We know her story
She should be thankful to her punna

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' by omogidi234(m): 7:28pm On Mar 04, 2018
Queenext:
Only in Nigeria, absurd things are attributed to God.

Why attach God to a clear case of corruption, I really don't know when God is now supporting rubbish.

I am not hating on her,but her submission, would truly misled people, thinking that,spending countless times in church and prayer ground, expecting one nonsense miracle, spending manpower in pursuit of "come and see ,American wonder"

Madam,go siddon

Sir, in life one must balance everything. Pray and Work. NOT Pray and Pray or Work and Work.
Re: An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' by fortune1968: 7:38pm On Mar 04, 2018
Yankee101:
Free this woman abeg. She don hammer she don hammer. Ask same God to bless your hustle, simple.
Which God ? Obviously your own is an evil god .She don hammer ? People like you are disgrace to humanity .In fact ,you are a supporter of thievery if not actively involved .

5 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' by holuphisayor(m): 8:00pm On Mar 04, 2018
true talk. She doesn't have any element in her to be a motivational speaker.

if not for IBB
Re: An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' by oglalasioux(m): 8:00pm On Mar 04, 2018
The man's letter summaries the folly of mankind in thinking there's a god anywhere who blesses some selected people. It only rubishes this god if the fraud even exist.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 04, 2018
She brought it upon herself. Good for her
Re: An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' by InfernoNig: 8:27pm On Mar 04, 2018
Nothing goes for nothing. She gave something for something. Twas a good something she got in return.
Re: An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' by lastmessenger: 8:40pm On Mar 04, 2018
There is nothing motivating about this alakija woman. This is a clear case of government nepotism. Like the op said,she should let us be with her story because such success story may not happen again in this modern world.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' by Nobody: 8:48pm On Mar 04, 2018
Giving oil bloc like biscuits and candy. Imagine the concunbility. Hey, Jesus, Oil bloc oooo, not even maybe one oil wells, but many oil wells.
Re: An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' by Yankee101: 8:49pm On Mar 04, 2018
fortune1968:
Which God ? Obviously your own is an evil god .She don hammer ? People like you are disgrace to humanity .In fact ,you are a supporter of thievery if not actively involved .

No one would have given her that oil field if they thought it was viable. She was given a bad 'prospect' in the deep offshore when we had not yet fully even deployed offshore drilling in Nigeria. Dem give her marshland/wasteland.

There are oil field owners who lose money. Go and check. I can buy an oil field right now in the United States if I wish. But will it be viable? Most likely not. But that was the gamble she took. No one wants to talk about that risk.

When they finally hit oil the FG tried to collect it back under Obasanjo. She went broke fighting it to the Supreme Court. So shut your mouth if what you see and critisize is the final product and don't know what pressure the ingredients had to go through to become a beautiful cake. Shut your mouth!

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 04, 2018
Franzinni:
Never envy anybody... Everybody has problems that is directly proportional to thier riches....

A thousaniere has thousaniere problems
A millionaire has millionaire problems
A billion.......you know the rest.

Until you find contentment, life will always be a big hole that nothing you have can fill.

This is not envy but a blatant disregard of rule of law and squandering of national resources. How can one man gift somebody the Nation's wealth. It happens only in Nigeria, oral come take this oil bloc.... it's inhumane and God hates such.
Re: An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' by Nobody: 8:54pm On Mar 04, 2018
omogidi234:

Sir, in life one must balance everything. Pray and Work. NOT Pray and Pray or Work and Work.

I hate Nigeria and Nigerians.. we seem to be stupid and bring God into everything. In fact STFU. This woman stole the nation's wealth and you are here writing nonsense. What did she do to merit an oil bloc.. ask questions why our collective wealth was squandered and you are being foolish.
PS: sorry for using bad words but you deserved it..

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' by Nobody: 8:59pm On Mar 04, 2018
Yankee101:

No one would have given her that oil field if they thought it was viable. She was given a bad 'prospect' in the deep offshore when we had not yet fully even deployed offshore drilling in Nigeria. Dem give her marshland/wasteland.

There are oil field owners who lose money. Go and check. I can buy an oil field right now in the United States if I wish. But will it be viable? Most likely not. But that was the gamble she took. No one wants to talk about that risk.

When they finally hit oil the FG tried to collect it back under Obasanjo. She went broke fighting it to the Supreme Court. So shut your mouth if what you see and critisize is the final product and don't know what pressure the ingredients had to go through to become a beautiful cake. Shut your mouth!

No one should even dash out an oil field even when not viable.. You don't see USA doing that, be like.. Oh Ivanka, take this oil bloc, you know nothing it in it.... It doesn't happen. More like giving the Lagos stadium to a private individual free of charge and he resurrects it. Infact you STFU.. You said you can buy an oil bloc.. she didn't buy her own, freely given.. had it been she paid one naira that would have been better, but no..

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' by futurism: 9:02pm On Mar 04, 2018
Yankee101:

She did not buy it. It was given to her.
Re: An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' by superhumanist(m): 9:02pm On Mar 04, 2018
blackpanda:
When u are poor penniless and completely useless with no future ambition. Every persons success in life seems like a sharp needle pricking your ugly soul.

My advice to mrs alakija is to ignore the useless morons

Bro, you are the one exposing yourself as a poor and completely useless person.

Someone used corrupt means to own an oil block that is worth billions and you are here praising the corrupt woman and insulting her detractors.

Do you know what a billion naira can do for an impoverished community?

You are the kind of person that can vote a tyrant that will suppress your rights as long as the tyrant is rich.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' by Franzinni: 9:02pm On Mar 04, 2018
Arondizuogu:

This is not envy but a blatant disregard of rule of law and squandering of national resources. How can one man gift somebody the Nation's wealth. It happens only in Nigeria, oral come take this oil bloc.... it's inhumane and God hates such.
sorry, I digress.
Re: An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' by futurism: 9:03pm On Mar 04, 2018
Arondizuogu:

I hate Nigeria and Nigerians.. we seem to be stupid and bring God into everything. In fact STFU. This woman stole the nation's wealth and you are here writing nonsense. What did she do to merit an oil bloc.. ask questions why our collective wealth was squandered and you are being foolish.
PS: sorry for using bad words but you deserved it..
no need to be sorry. When u read comments of most Nigerians, you have no option than to give up hopes on making the country great.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' by fortune1968: 9:04pm On Mar 04, 2018
Yankee101:

See ignoramus citing us as an example .Tell me the details of laws governing the US possession of oil blocks . She was given what they thought was not viable ? Are you saying that arbitrariness was not involved here ? A military general doing that ? To you ,that's how its done in other climes .No reasonable person with a clean source of income can be proud of somebody like you.

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' by Yankee101: 9:07pm On Mar 04, 2018
Arondizuogu:

No one should even dash out an oil field even when not viable.. You don't see USA doing that, be like.. Oh Ivanka, take this oil bloc, you know nothing it in it.... It doesn't happen. More like giving the Lagos stadium to a private individual free of charge and he resurrects it. Infact you STFU.. You said you can buy an oil bloc.. she didn't buy her own, freely given.. had it been she paid one naira that would have been better, but no..

Now you are displaying crass ignorance. You pay for an exploration licence, you don't get 'dashed'.
Re: An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 04, 2018
Yankee101:

Now you are displaying crass ignorance. You pay for an exploration licence, you don't get 'dashed'.

That woman did not pay one kobo. Where would she get the money? A seamstress that she was? Who dash money to pay for what you just mentioned.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' by Yankee101: 9:10pm On Mar 04, 2018
fortune1968:
See ignoramus citing us as an example .Tell me the details of laws governing the US possession of oil blocks . She was given what they thought was not viable ? Are you saying that arbitrariness was not involved here ? A military general doing that ? To you ,that's how its done in other climes .No reasonable person with a clean source of income can be proud of somebody like you.

Maybe you don't know, when bids open, you can walk in and place your bid like anyone else. She's a billionaire and you're not. Get over it if e dey pain you
Re: An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' by Yankee101: 9:13pm On Mar 04, 2018
Arondizuogu:

That woman did not pay one kobo. Where would she get the money? A seamstress that she was? Who dash money to pay for what you just mentioned.

After receiving a signature bonus, out of which Alakija was able to pay the balance of the license to the government, Alakija started working with her new partners. Chevron set up an office four months after signing the partnership contract, with Alakija holding on to 60% of the shareholding of the oil block and Chevron taking 40%. Chevron later sold an 8% stake to Petrobras in exchange for their deep offshore technical expertise.

https://www.cnbcafrica.com/news/west-africa/2016/09/17/africas-second-richest-woman/
Re: An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' by superhumanist(m): 9:13pm On Mar 04, 2018
Yankee101:

Maybe you don't know, when bids open, you can walk in and place your bid like anyone else. She's a billionaire and you're not. Get over it if e dey pain you

Lol. Keep worshipping rich people who cheat you.

Smh
Re: An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' by Nobody: 9:21pm On Mar 04, 2018
Yankee101:

After receiving a signature bonus, out of which Alakija was able to pay the balance of the license to the government, Alakija started working with her new partners. Chevron set up an office four months after signing the partnership contract, with Alakija holding on to 60% of the shareholding of the oil block and Chevron taking 40%. Chevron later sold an 8% stake to Petrobras in exchange for their deep offshore technical expertise.

https://www.cnbcafrica.com/news/west-africa/2016/09/17/africas-second-richest-woman/

Oh please! History is always twisted. So you expected them to write that oh she was a seamstress with no money and FG did everything for her.
Re: An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' by hedonistic: 9:25pm On Mar 04, 2018
blackpanda:
When u are poor penniless and completely useless with no future ambition. Every persons success in life seems like a sharp needle pricking your ugly soul.

My advice to mrs alakija is to ignore the useless morons

If you truly like her, your advice to her should be to keep her stupid 'motivational' stories to herself and enjoy her undeserved good fortune quietly. That can't be too hard to do.

If she must taunt others with her unnecessary stories without disclosing what exactly entitled her to the oil block (the real back story), then she fully deserves the backlash she's getting. There are tons of billionaires in Nigeria who made money through the back door and are enjoying their illicit wealth quietly without drawing any attention to themselves. Why can't Alakija tow that line? This isn't about envy.

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' by Yankee101: 9:28pm On Mar 04, 2018
Arondizuogu:

Oh please! History is always twisted. So you expected them to write that oh she was a seamstress with no money and FG did everything for her.

I leave you with your poverty mentality. Since you believe you can never make it big

You said no payments made. I showed you. Now you say history twisted. If she no pay she for no win FG for court. One hand.
Re: An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' by delpee(f): 9:37pm On Mar 04, 2018
I don't understand why her case alone is receiving so much attention. The reality is that many of the wealthy people in this country derived their wealth from or through the government. Oil blocks, import waivers, beneficial laws with insider knowledge, indirect monopolies, outright looting etc

When we learn to follow due process without fear or favor and punish those who refuse to comply, things will change.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' by hedonistic: 9:39pm On Mar 04, 2018
holuphisayor:
true talk. She doesn't have any element in her to be a motivational speaker.

if not for IBB

You don't know how annoying it is when some fools mention this woman's name in the same sentence with Oprah Winfrey. It's almost sacrilegious. Alakija is not even qualified to wash Oprah Winfrey's underwear.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' by ice4u999(m): 9:40pm On Mar 04, 2018
CastedAyo:

Some weeks ago, Mrs Folorunsho Alakija, the richest Woman in Nigeria, tweeted that she accepted her oil well given to her by former military leader, Ibrahim Babangida, ''by faith''.

So, an unidentified Nigerian actually sent a hilarious open letter to her which was published in the dailies last week.

Read the open letter below;

https://www.torimill.com/2018/03/read-open-letter-a-nigerian-wrote-to-alakija-after-saying-she-accepted-her-oil-well-by-faith.html

People need to take time to listen to this woman's interview on Forbes TV then some of us might then understand what she meant by what she said.
This woman is a success story that u feel we all can learn from. If this was a foreigner I bet a lot of Nigerians would want to publish their stories in book but now she is a Nigerian, instead we learning one or two things, we are all online condemning this woman that has made Nigeria proud.

We all want to attain success but we can't even identify with our own. Hmmmm
Re: An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 04, 2018
Yankee101:

I leave you with your poverty mentality. Since you believe you can never make it big

You said no payments made. I showed you. Now you say history twisted. If she no pay she for no win FG for court. One hand.

You don't even know if I have made it big lol. I'm not talking about paying FG to win in court. Jesus you have twisted what I wrote
Re: An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' by Yankee101: 10:13pm On Mar 04, 2018
Arondizuogu:

You don't even know if I have made it big lol. I'm not talking about paying FG to win in court. Jesus you have twisted what I wrote

I don't know how you read. Let's give you in Queen's. If she had not paid her prospecting license fees, her default would have been grounds for seizure in the Courts. I hope you have made it. If not I pray you do.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MTN Group CEO Dabengwa Resigns Over N1.04tn Fine / Forex Traders: Lets Share Our Experience / Allen Onyema And Egahaga Should Resign During The Fraud Trial To Save Air Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.