Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,670 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House - TV/Movies (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House (291390 Views)

Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread / Nigerians Storm Gotv Facebook Page Over WWE / Rachel Johnson Goes Topless On Live TV Show During Brexit Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (298) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Corbin: 6:29pm On Aug 11, 2020
pu7pl3:

This boy needs to hit the gym tho...
how old is he
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 8:16pm On Aug 11, 2020
pu7pl3:

This boy needs to hit the gym tho...
Chill, even rollins is not as chiseled as he once was, give him time
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 1:20am On Aug 12, 2020
Corbin:
how old is he

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 1:21am On Aug 12, 2020
Qu3sT:

Chill, even rollins is not as chiseled as he once was, give him time

I'm giving him time sir
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:51am On Aug 13, 2020
No NXT reviews today cos all I have to say is GIVE ME MORE OF KROSS AND LEE FOR ETERNITY!!!!

And now it seems like Kross has finally crossed the line into the supernatural cheesy..

Dream is back too and looks like he would be feuding with Balor..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 10:29pm On Aug 13, 2020
pu7pl3:
No NXT reviews today cos all I have to say is GIVE ME MORE OF KROSS AND LEE FOR ETERNITY!!!!

And now it seems like Kross has finally crossed the line into the supernatural cheesy..

Dream is back too and looks like he would be feuding with Balor..

Nigga now using fire ball techniques.......
wetin Rey Mysterio no go see for wrestling grin

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:00am On Aug 14, 2020
Qu3sT:

Nigga now using fire ball techniques.......
wetin Rey Mysterio no go see for wrestling grin

The guy is really killing it ..his face when Burch was submitting him eh grin grin

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 11:45am On Aug 14, 2020
pu7pl3:

The guy is really killing it ..his face when Burch was submitting him eh grin grin

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 6:09pm On Aug 14, 2020
pu7pl3:

He's still rough around the edges, not seeing him defeating Keith lee
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:54pm On Aug 14, 2020
Qu3sT:

He's still rough around the edges, not seeing him defeating Keith lee

me neither...but if he does I'd be cool with it...what I really want tho is for their feud to be endless cheesy grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Debroslink: 10:01am On Aug 15, 2020
pu7pl3:

me neither...but if he does I'd be cool with it...what I really want tho is for their feud to be endless cheesy grin

Abeg con drop smackdown update make I use am reduce my sefia pains
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 12:29pm On Aug 15, 2020
Debroslink:

Abeg con drop smackdown update make I use am reduce my sefia pains

Currently working on it grin grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 12:46pm On Aug 15, 2020
WWE Raw Reviews recaps and reactions

Alright, I’m going to try and figure out what I just saw.
Braun Strowman can teleport, Alexa Bliss slapped him like crazy, and the Fiend… tried to save her?
Let’s break this down.
Braun came out, bald now, and said the Fiend knows exactly what he’s gonna get at SummerSlam, because he’s the most evil son of a bitch that anyone on this earth has ever laid eyes on, and he called the Fiend out to face his fears so he can eat his entrails. Gory stuff.
Alexa answered the call instead, and got in the ring, as Braun kept staring forward. She wanted answers from him regarding his comments last week about not caring about her because they’ve been friends for years. Braun said she was using him, and everyone that comes in contact with the Fiend changes.
So Alexa told him to be careful what he wished for, told him to face her, and then SLAPPED him. Repeatedly. He picked her up, and then the Fiend appeared.
And Braun… disappeared. Braun showed up on the tron and laughed, the Fiend laughed back, and Alexa was on the floor. The show ended with the classic Fiend cut off.
So.. is this a double turn? I’m really confused.
I don’t know how to feel yet about this, because the thought of the Fiend as a babyface is strange. But as the story is being presented right now... yeah no I don’t like that. What are your opinions about this?

P.I.S.S.
AJ said there’s a lot going on right now but they have more pressing matters than hooligans tearing up the ring (seriously THIS is how they present RETRIBUTION), like who gets to face him for the IC title. It shouldn’t matter, but because of Daniel Bryan, he has to be a fighting champion. He wants to just hang out and enjoy his reign and stream on Twitch, but everybody always throws out suggestions for who he should defend the title against, with all these statistical reasons as to why.
But he likes statistics in sports, so he’s a handsome nerd. So he hired the Phenomenal Intercontinental Statistic System.
PISS. Hahaha!
So he had a whiteboard out, and he listed himself as #1 on the list for the IC title, and #2… NO ONE! ( I really popped for that reveal, even though I knew it was coming.)
And then Jeff Hardy came out and said that he didn’t get a fair chance for the title, and it’s a special title to him. He said Jeff vs. AJ is mega cool, and AJ says hell no. So Jeff attacked him and now we have a title match next week.
Well as you know I was hoping for Big E to be the one to go against AJ for the title at SummerSlam, but here we are. It does have logic in it though, as Jeff was supposed to face Daniel Bryan in a qualifying match before Sheamus framed him in a hit and run and never went to jail for it. I was geeking out more for the big TNA reunion of Hardy, Styles, and the WWE debut of Joseph Park! If you weren’t aware, Joseph Park was Abyss in TNA. I’m not a huge TNA/IMPACT fan, but I like Abyss and a few others from a few years ago.
No build for this one, as we’re getting the title match next week, before SummerSlam. That’s an odd choice.

RETRIBUTION is causing chaos
So, RETRIBUTION caused much more chaos on this show, but it’s weird.
The lights were really screwed around with, and they showed up immediately running people off and beating up Big E and Morrison. This is better presentation than we’ve seen, but I’m still meh… Let me explain.
Sheamus told security to amscray before his match and they didn’t take advantage of it. Later on, they destroyed the backstage area and attacked some referees. I liked that part more, but I think it would have been better to not have them in featured as much with The Fiend and Strowman angle.
I’m still not sold on this, but we’ll inevitably see them back on Raw and I don’t really like that they pick and choose their spots. It looked stupid for them to not interfere in Sheamus’ match, or when AJ called them hooligans. They’re supposed to be these anarchists and trouble makers.
WWE isn’t investing in this angle the way they should. It’s causing me to not care.

Asuka wins the battle royal - didn't really concentrate during this match and I saw very few parts of it. Here’s what I liked from what I saw.
Bianca Belair and Tamina had a really fun showing. Commentary put over big the fact that Bianca got the biggest woman in the ring out, and personally I would have loved a swerve and she won. But I didn’t get that. The other thing I liked was that Sasha and Bayley interfered and Shayna got Asuka off the ring but she landed on Sasha and Bayley on the floor after she attacked them.
And that’s all I saw. But my feelings on Asuka winning are torn. Asuka’s been the MVP of the crowd-less era and I like her in both feuds with Sasha and Bayley, but we have a lot of other women around that aren’t being elevated. Like I said, I’d have loved Bianca to win as a surprise but I get what they’re doing with Asuka. Will we see Asuka two belts? We might.

Sheamus def. Chad Gable - What I thought was going to be keeping up with the theme of the night, Sheamus told security stationed by gorilla to clock out and go get a pint, and… they listened to him. Paid security listened to a rando because he said he’s got it? Yeah that’s stupid.
Gable tried his best with some nice crossfaces and working Sheamus’ leg, including a missile dropkick for a 2 count. A white noise and Brogue Kick put him away. And that was it. No RETRIBUTION.
How stupid does that make them look, as if they haven’t looked ridiculous for most of their run so far up to this point, that security LEFT and they didn’t take advantage?

Big E is wonderful - I just want to say I love Big E. His promo after RETRIBUTION attacked was so wonderful and I’m happy to see that he won the match without interference. Then he was Brogue Kicked by Sheamus and I’m sad because it reminded me that I’m not getting Big E vs. Styles. Sheamus and E doesn’t really excite me. Maybe that will change, but we’ll see.

Gran Metalik def. Shinsuke Nakamura - Before the match, LHP stole the tag titles from The Artists backstage, and then they casually walked out with them without being chased around. Cesaro and Nakamura did that sitcom “look back, look at each other, look back again” thing because that’s what people normally do, right?
Kalisto returned and helped the LHP win. I wonder if Kalisto helps them win the tag titles. I enjoy the Artists but I didn’t see their reign last long.

SmackDown was decent. I wanted to see that women’s battle royal and of course I didn’t get to see most of it. I’m intrigued by Mandy and Sonya doing a hair vs. hair match at SummerSlam. The Universal title program is… something. I don’t know where the alignments are and I don’t know what role Alexa will play. But I feel like she WILL play a role at SummerSlam and I hope we all get to enjoy it "another classic"

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 12:47pm On Aug 15, 2020
We might see it grin

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 7:28pm On Aug 15, 2020

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:44pm On Aug 15, 2020
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 15, 2020
Where has this thread been all my life shocked shocked shocked
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:51pm On Aug 15, 2020
Palema007:
Where has this thread been all my life shocked shocked shocked

Seun and all his Mod cohorts will never feature us on the front page..instead they keep pushing irrelevant news and topics but we have been here sha, enduring in the shadows and growing....one of the longest running threads in this section if I'm not mistaken
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 15, 2020
pu7pl3:

Seun and all his Mod cohorts will never feature us on the front page..instead they keep pushing irrelevant news and topics but we have been here sha, enduring in the shadows and growing....one of the longest running threads in this section if I'm not mistaken
Waooo! Never noticed the thread until Kaycee shared a post here, and I was like" A WWE thread on Nl?" Damn! I'm a WWE fan! been watching since 8 or so... I love it! From Royal Rumble to SmackDown to TNT to Money in the bank.. just name it! cheesy grin . Oh! I'm definitely follow this and you for updates! smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:15pm On Aug 15, 2020
Palema007:
Waooo! Never noticed the thread until Kaycee shared a post here, and I was like" A WWE thread on Nl?" Damn! I'm a WWE fan! been watching since 8 or so... I love it! From Royal Rumble to SmackDown to TNT to Money in the bank.. just name it! cheesy grin . Oh! I'm definitely follow this and you for updates! smiley

Welcome aboard bro
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 15, 2020
pu7pl3:

Welcome aboard bro
I'm a lady angry why do people address me with "bro" cry
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:50am On Aug 16, 2020
Palema007:

Jesus grin grin my bad I'm sorry...

I think it's cos of the spelling "palema" and the double o seven effect
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 1:09pm On Aug 16, 2020
pu7pl3:

Jesus grin grin my bad I'm sorry...

I think it's cos of the spelling "palema" and he double o seven effect
[img]https://media1./images/027af2c70a60536a7d311e8b084a9ae7/tenor.gif?itemid=12628636[/img]
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 1:34pm On Aug 16, 2020
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 2:55pm On Aug 16, 2020
pu7pl3:

Why you dey laugh now undecided
Is that how you welcome a new member?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 3:36pm On Aug 16, 2020
Qu3sT:

Is that how you welcome a new member?

I thought you were the HR and welfare manager here undecided continue neglecting your duties o
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Corbin: 3:41pm On Aug 16, 2020
No more Corbin Again ??
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Corbin: 3:43pm On Aug 16, 2020
Palema007:
welcome aboard woman

Just add the f sign to ur profile wink
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 3:48pm On Aug 16, 2020
pu7pl3:

I thought you were the HR and welfare manager here undecided continue neglecting your duties o
grin
Man cannot take vacation from his duties again.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 5:01pm On Aug 16, 2020
Qu3sT:

grin
Man cannot take vacation from his duties again.

From vacation you now came to be laughing at the poor lady ABI..weyrey boy
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 8:32pm On Aug 16, 2020
pu7pl3:

From vacation you now came to be laughing at the poor lady ABI..weyrey boy

[img]https://media1./images/526568ce9bc4da5241091dcf743e6414/tenor.gif?itemid=16142393[/img]
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:09am On Aug 17, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (298) (Reply)

Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' / ARROW and THE FLASH fan page....... / Top 15 Nollywood Stars Who Have Passed Away In Recent Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.