Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,585 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House - TV/Movies (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House (290276 Views)

Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread / Nigerians Storm Gotv Facebook Page Over WWE / Rachel Johnson Goes Topless On Live TV Show During Brexit Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (298) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Corbin: 10:06am On Oct 03, 2020
Otis hasn't cash in his contract yet angry
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:48am On Oct 03, 2020
Lexi is soo good at this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by DanieBlinkz(m): 11:33am On Oct 03, 2020
Corbin:
Otis hasn't cash in his contract yet angry

Cash in to who? Beast Roman or psychopathic Drew. I believe he'll hold that briefcase till wrestlemania
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by DanieBlinkz(m): 11:39am On Oct 03, 2020
The Samoan Wrecking machines are coming
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by DanieBlinkz(m): 11:40am On Oct 03, 2020
Alexa be giving me the Harlie Quinn vibes
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 1:11pm On Oct 03, 2020
DanieBlinkz:

Cash in to who? Beast Roman or psychopathic Drew. I believe he'll hold that briefcase till wrestlemania

Even before Roman it was the Fiend and Braun grin grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by DanieBlinkz(m): 2:14pm On Oct 03, 2020
pu7pl3:

Even before Roman it was the Fiend and Braun grin grin

Lol yeah, Otis is gonna wait for a long time to cash in
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:32pm On Oct 03, 2020
DanieBlinkz:

Lol yeah, Otis is gonna wait for a long time to cash in

And I don't expect it to be successful
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 6:42pm On Oct 04, 2020
This Takeover be looking like a house show. Every champion retains.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:39am On Oct 05, 2020
WWE NXT Takeover 31 Reviews recaps and reactions

The main event was a banger of a match.
It established Kyle O’Reilly as a threat as a singles star despite losing to Finn Bálor. He endured abdominal pain stemming from a well placed kicked to the gut from the champ to stormed back and do what he does best - target the leg and try to earn a submission.
It led to a style of match that was different than your typical NXT main event. You know, those matches that are high paced, limited on selling, with multiple finisher kick outs. Instead, this was a more ground based match focused on two mean trying to outwrestle the other with more of a submission focus.
This type of match is more appealing to me than those others. Not that they’re bad or I haven’t enjoyed a good deal of them. But this is more my speed. The ending felt abrupt after a great flow, but the rest was top notch.
There was no interference from Undisputed ERA at all, which was surprising but welcomed. Kyle losing a very tight bout all by his lonesome did much more for him than losing with a bunch of ERA BS in there.
Now the very end of the show was weird. After KOR accepted a handshake from Bálor, the camera panned to the crowd to show newcomer Ridge Holland holding a beaten Adam Cole over his shoulder. He dropped Cole on the floor and walked off as Roddy Strong and Bobby Fish ran out to see what that was all about.
It surely an odd way to end. Ridge Holland is new so if he’s a new big villain for the ERA boys, it’s quite the jump for the man. It’s not the hook that has me dying to watch on Wednesday, but I’m curious what the angle is.
But the important takeaway here is they elevated Kyle O’Reilly big time here. That’s what matters.

Io Shirai def. Candice LeRae to retain the NXT Women’s championship
Io Shirai and Candice LeRae put on a good match for most of the time. It wasn’t the level of their match a year ago, but still very good. But the ending got almost silly and then multiple returning women took the headlines.
It all started with back to back ref bumps. The idea was likely that the second one (where a missed Io moonsault hit the referee) happened because he was just accidentally hit in the eye by LeRae when he was trying to get her to break a hold. But ref bumps in general can be eye rolling so two is a bit ridiculous.
This brought down Johnny Gargano who was wearing a referee shirt and tried to quick count Io Shirai, who kicked out. (As if that would have been legit anyway.) The actual official eventually recovered and argued with Johnny, who was able to slip his wife the championship belt during this. He left the ring as Candice clocked Io with the belt.
But Io kicked out before three and soon put LeRae away with a top rope Spanish Fly and her moonsault.
So all the Gargano shenanigans weren’t enough to make it even feel close against the champion. I’ve wondered for awhile what they’re doing to do with these two and I think after this, with Candice not at all effective stealing one from Shirai and Johnny losing earlier (more of that in a bit), they may be leaving NXT as part of the WWE Draft. Because there’s not much for them here after losing as their newest characters.
After the match, Toni Storm popped up on the big screen telling Io that she’s coming to NXT. She didn’t mention it, but they were in the finals of the second Mae Young Classic so there’s some history there. Then Ember Moon revealed herself as the mysterious motorcyclist so there’s a former champ that has her eyes on the prize.
The Women’s division, the strongest in wrestling, just got stronger. That’s another reason I think Candice may be on her way to the main roster.
If this was a farewell match for Candice, I can understand why they went this way. Put over the champion strong on the way out. If not, it’s going to take a good deal of work to build her back up after this.

Damian Priest def. Johnny Gargano to retain the North American championship
This match opened the show and it had a bit working against it, at least in regards to my enjoyment.
One was the fact this was the first match inside the new look PC (Capitol Wrestling Center) and the addition of fan screens like in the ThunderDome just didn’t work in this venue. It was distracting and getting used to it had to happen during this bout.
The other thing is that personally, I like but don’t love either of these guys. Johnny Gargano is very talented, but he’s been pretty consistently around in NXT for a long time and has become overexposed in that sense. Meanwhile, Priest took time to grown on me (which he has), but he’s still not a fave. So mixing these guys together was something I figured would be good but not something I was overtly looking forward to.
The match was in fact very good and drew me in at the end with a couple strong drama spots. It was a sharp match where Gargano went underhanded enough (tossing security guards in front of Damian’s dive which led to a low blow) to even the score given the size differential. So they did their job.
The intent of this match was likely to give Priest a win over one of NXT’s established guys. But it’s not like Gargano has had any long title reign or has been booked super strong lately. So this win over someone established didn’t help elevate Priest as much as they were probably helping. As I speculated before, if Johnny is on his way to Raw or SmackDown, this was putting over a rising talent on the way out.

Kushida def. Velveteen Dream
This is a match that’d likely receive pretty universal praise if it weren’t for the out of ring accusations of Velveteen Dream.
Because of those #SpeakingOut accusations, there are always going to be fans who don’t want to see him at all or can’t fully enjoy his matches. Certainly not everyone. Some people can just watch a match not think of those things. Everyone is different. But that shadow still hangs over Dream.
This was a very good bout and in general, I was able to enjoy it.
Kushida’s new aggression has been incredible for him. Velveteen Dream came down in a bit of a Doc Brown cosplay, mocking Kushy’s Marty McFly get up. He didn’t expect to be ambushed by a Kushida who’s aggression he awoke. Everything that happened here is his own fault.
The Japanese star mixing that aggression with his technical savvy is a an excellent combination. Meanwhile, Velveteen is playing the heel role differently from his initial heel run. He’s more vicious and more cunning. The two different character made for a mix in this bout.
Kushida absolutely needed to win this match. A loss in any fashion would cut the legs from the man after he just found a formula that is working better than before. He did win and rather dominantly. Then after the match, he beat the hell out of Dream more. That could be considered heelish, but again, this is all Velveteen’s doing. He asked for this by attacking Kushida months back. You reap what you sow.
It looks like they finally found what they need regarding Kushida. As for Dream, we’ll see how they handle him from here.

Santos Escobar def. Isaiah “Swerve” Scott to retain the Cruiserweight title
This was what you’d expect from a cruiserweight title match. Nonstop action, high risk moves, and some extra kickouts.
El Legado del Fantasma inevitably got involved, but Ashante “Thee” Adonis aided Swerve. I don’t recall a history established between the two. And the last time we saw Adonis, he was losing to Velveteen Dream so there’s no known animosity between him and Legado. It was all random.
At the same time, the Cruiserweight division needs more players on Wednesday night so if this is how they get here, it’s a net positive.
The ending involved Swerve hitting his head on what the announcers referred to as an exposed turnbuckle, but the exposure wasn’t clear and definitely wasn’t well set up. Still, didn’t take away from the main draw of these matches and that’s the high octane pace.

This was a solid show with a strong main event. Outside the ending of the women’s bout getting a bit too ridiculous, the matches were good.
The new Capitol Wrestling Center was a mixed bag. The general look was strong with the fencing in front of the plexiglass pods. It would help not to have fans in front of the hardcam that routinely pulled down their masks to shout things though.
The remote fan screens did not work. The ThunderDome is set up specifically to display them in the large Amway Center. But placing them on the walls here just drew attention to how small the building is. They may be better suited to leave them black to give the illusion that the venue isn’t so small.

Grade: B

Sound off below.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Corbin: 11:02am On Oct 05, 2020
DanieBlinkz:

thought the brief case was meant for one belt
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 6:09pm On Oct 05, 2020
Corbin:
thought the brief case was meant for one belt

you can challenge for any title
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:42pm On Oct 05, 2020
One of the greatest female wrestlers of all time

2 Likes

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Corbin: 9:25pm On Oct 05, 2020
pu7pl3:
angry it's becoming boring now
They should give some else a chance
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Corbin: 9:26pm On Oct 05, 2020
pu7pl3:
why does she always call out Micheal cole
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:19pm On Oct 05, 2020
Corbin:
angry it's becoming boring now
They should give some else a chance

No it's not boring please...every single.day of that 500days has been memorable
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:23pm On Oct 05, 2020
Corbin:
why does she always call out Micheal cole

Cos it's always fun to call.ot Micheal Cole or Graves... she's not the only one that does it
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:59am On Oct 06, 2020
WWE Raw Reviews recaps and reactions

They did it. They finally did it.
Mustafa Ali challenged MVP to a match one on one to settle their feud.
Ali came out by himself, but of course all of The Hurt Business joined MVP to play the numbers game. Ali had a great sell of MVP’s clothesline and he kept one upping MVP. The Hurt Business decided enough was enough, and they were about to gang up on him, until the lights flashed.
RETRIBUTION surrounded the ring, and T-Bar and Mace were standing together on the ramp. MVP asked if Ali would join with them to help take them down. Ali accepted, and then slid out of the ring to confront the two behemoths.
And then he slowly turned around with a grin. MVP knew what was about to happen.
“Get ‘em!”
Mace, T-Bar, and the rest of the group bombarded The Hurt Business and destroyed them. Ali got back in the ring, as did RETRIBUTION, and he raised his hand up as he always does. Slowly, he closed his fist and the lights went out.
Mustafa Ali is the leader of RETRIBUTION. On paper this made the most sense. Ali was supposed to be the “Hacker” last year and that angle got dropped after getting praise from all over.
I have chastised this group since its inception and while I really liked Ali being revealed as the leader, I’m extremely eager to finally hear the reasoning for all of this. One would say Ali being revealed as the leader sort of makes them a babyface stable, and I can’t find a reason to disagree with that argument.
This moment was the highlight of my evening and as a huge Mustafa Ali fan, I am very happy that he has been put in this role.
Don’t screw it up, WWE.

Telenovella
This feud was getting lackluster, but they dialed it way up and gave it the injection of energy it needed.
Seth Rollins commanded Murphy to give him the mic, similar to how Roman does to Heyman on SmackDown, but Murphy needed Rollins to apologize to Aalyah.
Seth refused and said that he could have aired more dirty laundry between the two of them, and also where Aalyah revealed her true feelings about her family, and he needs to understand who he’s talking to. He is the Messiah, and Murphy is the Disciple. He repeated that a few times and then Dom & Carrillo came out to break that up.
Really digging Dom & Carrillo as a team. Also, Carrillo with a beard immediately makes him look more mature. The main story here was the tension between Seth and Murphy. Murphy tagged in and Seth was mad, and when Murphy did it again, it almost cost them the match. Murphy was able to pin Carrillo, and then walked off.
In the back, Rollins demanded that Murphy apologize to him later in the show. When that time came, Murphy couldn’t bring himself to apologize.
And then it happened!
Murphy turned on Rollins and gave him a hellacious beating with a kendo stick, making Rollins apologize to Aalyah. But then classic stupid babyface syndrome made Murphy drop the kendo stick, and Rollins took over. Aalyah came out to defend Murphy, and the Mysterio family followed, taking her away as Murphy writhed in pain.
That was awesome. I was ready to write off this feud last week and they turned me back around. I have been waiting since Payback for Murphy to snap out of this hold Rollins had on him. Now, will he stay away? That remains to be seen, because they seemed to tease that Murphy may think Aalyah abandoned him at his time of need. Let’s see what happens.

Pinning the champion
In what reminded me of Aleister Black’s fireside chats in a dark room months ago, Orton recounted his dirty deeds from last Monday. Then he turned his attention to Drew and said that in order to cement his legacy, he’ll need to face Orton one more time in a match inside Hell in a Cell.
Throughout the promo I was hoping Drew would open the door and to my surprise, it actually happened! He brawled with Orton until being separated by Pearce and officials. He looked incensed and I am here for it.
Okay yes three matches when Orton lost all of them so far doesn’t really make sense. My fear also is that Orton will win, leading to a fourth match, and we definitely don’t need that. Raw is Repetition, though.
What doesn’t get me so excited is seeing Orton pin Drew in the main event. Last week I was harsh on Bobby Roode, and it was because he was undeserving of a title match. It was nothing against him as a wrestler. Orton has lost every interaction between he and Drew since SummerSlam.
There were other dudes there to take a pin. Just let them brawl every week to Hell in a Cell. I’m sure we’ll get another sort of match between them before then, too.

Paralyzer - We have another KO Show, and the really awesome thing about Owens’ promo was that for the first time, we heard what the experience is like getting a Mandible Claw by the Fiend. I didn’t realize until now how no one has given a real explanation about how the act of the Mandible Claw makes a person feel. Owens said that he felt the anguish and the emotions from it. He was paralyzed and couldn’t move as the fear washed over him.
Then WWE did another terrible Firefly Fun House segment. More stupid singing. Ugh. THEN they had Aleister Black attack Owens as he went to go after Bray. So, it looks like Owens is going to be drafted to SmackDown because how would Owens be feuding with Bray?

Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler def. The Riott Squad - This was a fun match and Ruby Riott and Liv Morgan sold death for Nia and Shayna. I was uncomfortable watching Shayna twist Ruby’s arm in such a way that I could see the bone and like... the tendons and shit. Ew. I wanted them to win, and they almost did but Shayna then locked Ruby in a great Kirifuda Clutch and she sold it so well.

Asuka, Mandy, and Dana def. Zelina, Natalya, and Lana - Asuka and Zelina “feud” does not need to continue. Third table spot for Lana. Hard to not call it what it is - pettiness.

Braun Strowman and Keith Lee ends in double countout - This is getting ridiculous. Lee once again in a match that doesn’t end in a decisive finish. There was no point in doing a match here. The LED board and tables destroying brawl could have been a segment on its own without teasing an exciting match between two legitimate slabs of beef and executing a bucket of meh.

The Hurt Business def. the people they’ve been feuding with for 3 months - At the end of this match, Ricochet said “We’re going to keep coming back until you get tired of us.” and I think I started sobbing a little. Bro, we’re all tired. Nothing of note happened, which has pretty much been the status quo here for the past month.

24/7 silliness - Gulak pulled an Orton from last week and dressed as a janitor and pinned R-Truth. Later, Gulak ducked behind a trash bin and Truth popped out of it. Akira Tozawa popped out of another trash bin, and they all fought in one. Truth ended up winning the title back. 42 times now!

No Raw Underground again this week, and I haven’t heard about it being dropped, but I won’t be surprised if it was. The storyline progression in RETRIBUTION and the Murphy/Seth angle was great. I wish WWE wasn’t so spotty with their creative, because I worry about them carrying this positivity over to next week. Time for the draft!
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 6:28pm On Oct 06, 2020
Ali being the leader of Retribution was a nice twist, finally they're moving in the right direction.

Who would haf tunk it

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:22pm On Oct 06, 2020
Qu3sT:

Ali being the leader of Retribution was a nice twist, finally they're moving in the right direction.

Who would haf tunk it

I wouldn'ted haved
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:32am On Oct 08, 2020
WWE NXT Reviews recaps and reactions

A New Star
There were probably plenty of NXT fans who heard the hype about Kushida when he signed but didn’t yet see why. He had a pretty good start before his first injury, but he was never jumping off the screen.
Now those fans likely get it. I know I do.
Kushida opened the show against Tommaso Ciampa, a match that would have seemed like a gimme match for Ciampa if this were a month ago. But now the Japanese sensation is almost as aggressive as the man known as Psycho Killer. And now this match was anyone’s game.
It was a fantastic bout. Kushida’s mixture of focused aggression and technical savvy is a great combination. Tommaso Ciampa seemed dangerous against a man like Jake Atlas. He was on the same level as Kushida.
As you could have guessed, the match ended with Velveteen Dream trying to attack Kushida. At this point, Kushy had the Hoverboard Lock hooked in tight and Tommaso was in trouble, so Kushida looked very good in this non-finish. Dream ended up accidentally hitting Ciampa, so that will be a problem.
This is a way to introduce Ciampa for this feud and giving Kushida two challenges to try to fend off. Ciampa and Kushida will need to happen again eventually, which is great because it was a very fun match.
NXT has found what they were looking for when they signed Kushida and touted him as a blue chip talent. He’s ascended greatly in such a short period of time that I could see him in the NXT title picture sooner than later. With his new character, he’s killing it.

The Best Women’s Division
I feel like I’m beating the same drum over and over again, but the NXT women’s division is so damn good.
They had a tag match to close the show - Dakota Kai & Raquel González against Rhea Ripley & Ember Moon. It was set up earlier in the night. Ember cut a pretty standard promo about coming back and now taking what she wants. She was interrupted by Io Shirai, who was interrupted by Rhea Ripley, who was attacked by Dakota and Raquel. Ember got involved. Io Shirai did not.
Io explained later that she doesn’t care about those four women. She cares about the championship. Just like she should. Badass.
The main event tag was rather fun. Ember looked fantastic out there. Everything she did was crisp, with no evidence of ring rust like you could expect after a 14 month hiatus. She looked to be wrestling with the fire from not being able to do what she loves for a year.
Outside a weird spot with Rhea and Raquel that looked like it was supposed to be a fallaway slam through the announce table that went awry, this was a really good match.
It sets up plenty of options for Io Shirai with plenty of title challenges for that NXT Women’s title.

Comedy Duo
The odd couple team of Killian Dain and Drake Maverick continues to deliver.
Drake booked them a match against Ever-Rise this week (of course against the wishes of Killian). This included some incredible entrance music - a happy-go-lucky, upbeat whistling tune that’s pretty much the anthesis of everything Dain is.
Their comedy chemistry carried over to the match from the moment it started, with Killian tagged Maverick so hard, it hurt the smaller man’s hand.
Maverick took a beating (because that’s what he does) before Ever-Rise was dumb enough to call Dain a bozo, motivating him. The big man dragged Drake to his corner to tag him in and wreck house. However, Maverick isn’t the smartest either so he tagged himself back in as the Beast of Belfast was putting the match away. So Dain powerbombed Drake into their opponent to pick up the win that way.
Drake was annoying enough afterwards that he ate another punch from Dain, but he seemed happy enough when his partner carried him out as that cheesy music played.
This has all been very very entertaining. The music and Drake jumping around to it was laugh out loud funny. I look forward to watching this progress.

Tempting Fate
Austin Theory has to stop asking for trouble.
He had a match with Leon Ruff, which didn’t even go as smoothly as he’d have liked. Leon had a flurry of offense and even came close to scoring an upset before the young phenom was able to put him away.
But then Theory got on the mic and started running his mouth about how he wasn’t prepared to face Adam Cole last week but he’ll face anyone now.
That brought out Dexter Lumis (who technically returned last week by just briefly creeping backstage), to take him up on that offer. Theory was able to endure the offensive of Dexter and fight back. But Lumis wouldn’t stay down, which included popping right back up from an Austin drop kick, and put him to sleep with his choke submission.
Theory continues to go on a pretty big losing skid. Sure he beat Ruff, but who doesn’t? Not that it’s an issue now. Theory is such a cocky bastard who’s future you know is very bright that he can afford this series of losses without it affecting him down the road.
Lumis was immediately attacked by Cameron Grimes and the Cave In after the match, setting up that feud. This is all because Dexter didn’t talk to Grimes backstage last week, instead just giving him the icy stare.

Bad Turn of Events
Ridge Holland’s hot night ended in disaster.
They booked the big man to beat up both Danny Burch (after winning his match against him in short order) and Oney Lorcan. But in a very unfortunate turn of events, Lorcan hit the big man with a splash over the top rope and Ridge’s left leg gave out.
He ended up getting stretchered out.
This is of course very unfortunate. They were clearly pushing Holland big time with a major role in a top billed angle against Undisputed ERA. He had a comment before the show in the parking lot that he now has a Mercedes “thanks to Adam Cole,” implying someone paid him to attack Cole at TakeOver 31. It was intriguing and could have developed into a fun mystery angle.
But that’s all going to have to wait. That injury looked gnarly. Let’s hope it wasn’t as bad as it appeared, but the fact he was stretchered out is not a good sign.
Get well fast, Ridge.

All the Rest:
- Johnny Gargano & Candice LeRae returned from walking their dog in rad couples track suits to find a new TV gifted to them by Indi Hartwell. Indi included a video that highlighted how much she helped Candice in the battle royal, looking to team up with the Garganos it seems.

- Because of how banged up both Kyle O’Reilly and especially Finn Bálor (a fractured jaw is more than banged up to be fair) are, they got a Prime Target fallout video this week.

- Shotzi Blackheart defeated Xia Li. After the loss, Boa walked out and handed her an envelop. Interesting...

This was a good show, though playing a lot of set up with O’Reilly and Bálor out of action tonight. The women shined as usual. Dain & Drake are pretty dang hilarious. Obviously the Ridge injury was very unfortunate.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 5:36pm On Oct 08, 2020
Happy birthday to the greatest wrestler to ever walk the planet and cosmic realms...

And you too Mike Rome

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:54am On Oct 10, 2020
WWE Smackdown reviews recaps and reactions

Bait and switch
While I was not necessarily a fan of Bayley’s and Sasha’s feud being blown off on a SmackDown, I wanted to see how they’d fare and take a positive attitude.
Silly me.
All that hype for a five minute match ending in a DQ. Not even an inventive way of getting there, either. I should have seen it coming, but I decided to let my guard down and enjoy the match, as it started off really hot. Both Sasha and Bayley had urgency to get the pinfall, and Sasha came out swinging right from the jump.
And then the chair spot. I was hoping Stephanie McMahon would restart it since she was there. But all of this was the classic bait and switch so we would get their match at Hell in a Cell.
K. Cool.

Don Roman Reigns
Jey Uso came down and asked Reigns what the big stipulation for their match at Hell in a Cell was going to be? No Reigns, but Heyman appeared on screen and said Jey doesn’t get to dictate the terms on when Reigns gets to come out.
Don Roman Reigns of the Anoa’i crime family announced from behind his desk that Hell in a Cell will be the first I Quit match in the cell, and that when he says I quit, there will be consequences.
What will those consequences be?
Roman did not clarify that the I Quit would be quitting SmackDown, or WWE in general.
I think Jey will have to quit the family. Because if there’s anything a Don doesn’t want, it’s an underboss with an itch to be head of the family before it’s his time.

Draft day Part 1
So, this show had Part 1 of the WWE Draft and I have some words on this.
McIntyre remains on Raw, and Reigns on SmackDown. This was an obvious and necessary choice. The first big move was Seth Rollins to SmackDown, and I was really excited about it!
Then he had an interview backstage that said he never wanted to face the Mysterios again, and I knew what was coming. Drafted later - the Mysterios to SmackDown! They just moved this whole feud to another show. This has been ongoing for months! Ugh.
But the biggest news out of this draft was the break-up of the greatest trio in all of WWE (besides the Shield). Right after New Day regained the SmackDown tag titles, Stephanie McMahon announced Raw drafted Kingston and Woods and SmackDown was keeping Big E.
What. A. Blow. Now, there are two things I see with this move, one for the immediate future, and one for the long term.
1 - I think Raw is also going to draft the Raw tag team champions and WWE is going to unify the men’s tag titles. More tag teams may be breaking up, as Raw took Angel Garza alone and SmackDown kept just Otis. WWE just aren’t that into tag teams. Or, I’m totally wrong and SmackDown will draft the Street Profits on Monday.
2 - they’re doing Big E vs. Roman Reigns. They have to. E has proven to be a legitimate contender for top titles, and I think there’s a hot program with Roman awaiting. My prediction as of today - Big E will win the men’s Royal Rumble and challenge Roman at WrestleMania. I’ve been calling for that for weeks. I think it’s the best big money feud for the hottest show of the year.
Let’s see where other big names land next Monday!

The Fiend def. Kevin Owens - Kevin Owens had a good outing in The Fiend’s first television match on SmackDown. Alexa Bliss played her part before the match walking up to Owens to tell him to let Him in. Owens did a bunch of superkicks and the Fiend stayed up. The really cool part of this was the end, where Fiend put the Mandible Claw on Owens and Owens did a Stunner, but he never let go and Mandible Claw Chokeslammed him for the win.
Then the Fiend joined Alexa Bliss on the stage and they both looked at each other as the show ended.
I…uh, I... thought they were going to kiss.

Big E def. Sheamus -Sheamus took some lessons from the former Monday Night Messiah and tied E up in the ropes and swung at him with a kendo stick. E duck taped Sheamus’ legs together and chased him to the back. For some reason there were eggs backstage. Sheamus threw them at E. They made their way back to the parking area and Sheamus once again drove E through a windshield. Big E did a Big Ending through a table off a car for the win! Ow. These guys were bloody and messed up. Their feud was full of some more violent moments, and I think that it was a perfect way to show some real seriousness out of Big E.

After the match, WOODS AND KINGSTON RETURNED! As you can see, I was happy at this point. sad

New Day def. The Artists - Woods started off hot with Cesaro and looked great throughout the match. Kingston turned a slight botch into a cool looking DDT on the outside. Cesaro swung Kingston but Woods held Nakamura’s leg. Woods hit a great elbow drop and scored the pinfall to make New Day tag team champions once again.

Matt Riddle and Jeff Hardy def. Miz and Morrison - Corey Graves called Miz and Morrison the greatest tag team while they did not do anything offensively in this whole match. After, Lars Sullivan returned and attacked the winners, making their win totally meaningless.

Delayed court date for Otis’ Money in the Bank - Good.

The biggest moment of the show, New Day winning the tag titles, was immediately deflated by the announcement of New Day’s break-up. As a result, this show was not great. Big E’s win and the end of the show with Alexa and the Fiend were good, too
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 11:21am On Oct 10, 2020
So the fiend just casually brainwashed alexa bliss and nobody has a problem with it/wants to do anything about it. ok o
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Corbin: 11:48am On Oct 10, 2020
Rollins to smackdown is the bomb
I need drew mlcIntrye to turn heel he's smiling to much angry angry
What about Corbin.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 12:02pm On Oct 10, 2020
Qu3sT:
So the fiend just casually brainwashed alexa bliss and nobody has a problem with it/wants to do anything about it. ok o

Lol...they can try...Look at my man Kevin grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 12:02pm On Oct 10, 2020
Corbin:
Rollins to smackdown is the bomb
I need drew mlcIntrye to turn heel he's smiling to much angry angry
What about Corbin.

we will know next week
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 12:29pm On Oct 10, 2020
Dumb move tbh

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Corbin: 12:33pm On Oct 10, 2020
pu7pl3:
Dumb move tbh
ain't dumb to me
Big E will be alone
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Corbin: 12:34pm On Oct 10, 2020
I pray big e will have his own music not that new day music angry
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 12:56pm On Oct 10, 2020
Corbin:
ain't dumb to me
Big E will be alone

Read my review...it's still wishful thinking rn I just hope they push him

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (298) (Reply)

Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' / ARROW and THE FLASH fan page....... / Top 15 Nollywood Stars Who Have Passed Away In Recent Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.