Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,987 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House - TV/Movies (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House (288122 Views)

Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread / Nigerians Storm Gotv Facebook Page Over WWE / Rachel Johnson Goes Topless On Live TV Show During Brexit Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (298) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 7:46pm On Apr 09, 2021
pu7pl3:

I know who you are bro...this is a new account, the old one got thanosed last night cry
Just saw it. Done.

Now how you gon' get Cena to follow you back? Again.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 7:47pm On Apr 09, 2021
pu7pl3:

Nah, I specifically don't..please tell us grin
Taya Valkyrie.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:48pm On Apr 09, 2021
Kaycee7:
Just saw it. Done.

Now how you gon' get Cena to follow you back? Again.

Don't remind me cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:49pm On Apr 09, 2021
Kaycee7:
Taya Valkyrie.

I know you know I knew it but was just being sarcastic grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:50pm On Apr 09, 2021
Kaycee7:
It might actually be interesting, if they don't do it as a Fiendette angle.

well it's true..she already even calling herself mrs Lumis on her twitter
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 7:51pm On Apr 09, 2021
pu7pl3:

I know who you are bro...this is a new account, the old one got thanosed last night cry

@The bolded
I don't think I'll be able to do that for 90days o
Well, I've actually got a lot of studies to cover, so that should keep me occupied. And my mentor says it gets easier as time goes by. Something about your brain adjusting to new preferences.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 7:53pm On Apr 09, 2021
pu7pl3:

I know you know I knew it but was just being sarcastic grin
I just dey look you. I say make I just bite the bait. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 7:54pm On Apr 09, 2021
pu7pl3:

well it's true..she already even calling herself mrs Lumis on her twitter
Abeg abeg, make them no come short the girl stock like that
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:27pm On Apr 09, 2021
Kaycee7:
Well, I've actually got a lot of studies to cover, so that should keep me occupied. And my mentor says it gets easier as time goes by. Something about your brain adjusting to new preferences.

This man will be great ffs...bruh, I'm rooting for you like maaaad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:28pm On Apr 09, 2021
Kaycee7:
Abeg abeg, make them no come short the girl stock like that

You seee grin grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 8:29pm On Apr 09, 2021
pu7pl3:

This man will be great ffs...bruh, I'm rooting for you like maaaad
Thanks, boss. This means a lot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:30pm On Apr 09, 2021
Kaycee7:
I just dey look you. I say make I just bite the bait. grin grin

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:31pm On Apr 09, 2021
Kaycee7:
Thanks, boss. This means a lot.

Even though I'll miss you cry...God speed man.. I'll also think about trying it down the road

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 9:24pm On Apr 09, 2021
pu7pl3:

Nah, I specifically don't..please tell us grin
John Morrison's fiancé...... forming ignorance
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 9:28pm On Apr 09, 2021
Kaycee7:
my favourite bojack quote is apt for this moment
[img]https://media1./images/fa5c0391a2f7b6b00b22a05370fe1e44/tenor.gif?itemid=12533952[/img]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:29pm On Apr 09, 2021
Qu3sT:

John Morrison's fiancé...... forming ignorance

seems everyone caught me in 4k

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:40pm On Apr 09, 2021
Qu3sT:

my favourite bojack quote is apt for this moment
[img]https://media1./images/fa5c0391a2f7b6b00b22a05370fe1e44/tenor.gif?itemid=12533952[/img]

I don't know when I'll make out time to see this series...been on my watchlist for years
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 9:59pm On Apr 09, 2021
pu7pl3:

I don't know when I'll make out time to see this series...been on my watchlist for years
u should, it's outstanding
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:34pm On Apr 09, 2021
Qu3sT:

u should, it's outstanding

Yes boss
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Nezzjnr: 7:10am On Apr 10, 2021
Apollo vs BigE in a Nigeria Drum Match cheesy cheesy
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:23am On Apr 10, 2021
Nezzjnr:
Apollo vs BigE in a Nigeria Drum Match cheesy cheesy

[img]https://c./6TTJUypdUlUAAAAM/nodding-nod.gif[/img]
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by samistry(m): 9:27am On Apr 10, 2021
Our Nigerian ancestors are behind him.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:32am On Apr 10, 2021
WWE SMACKDOWN REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

Are you ready for a good time?
It’s WrestleMania weekend. The big one. Last Monday on Raw, I was very underwhelmed by the way they booked the show to get me excited for their matches. It was not up to the great quality we know they have in them.
This show, however, used promos and video packages to make SmackDown’s matches stand out. There isn’t one match for the blue brand that I am not excited to see.
That was my hope for Raw too. It just didn’t happen. I’m sure that we’ll see greatness regardless, though. WWE does pay-per-views well. They’ve proved that time and time again.
Who’s excited for WrestleMania 37? Who’s excited to see people again?
I’m ready to lose my mind.

One more miracle
Edge has had some fire promos since returning last year, but whew boy was this one the best.
He told about how being at WrestleMania 6 made him want to be a wrestler. He did everything he could to be in the WWE. He did it! But he never got to end his career on his terms. He said he didn’t come back for a greatest hits tour, he came back to steal the show and main event WrestleMania, and he won’t apologize for that. He called Daniel Bryan an indie bookstore clerk, and he doesn’t owe Roman Reigns anything since he modeled his career after the Rated-R Superstar and called him the Samoan Edge!
Sunday night is ten years to the day after his retirement, but nobody wants to talk about that. He emphasized how impossible his comeback was and the pain he went through to get back.
Phenomenal. The lights out spotlight gimmick ruled. This was the best promo and I almost think its because it felt more real than any of the ones he did with Randy Orton.
Bryan started the show with a promo talking about how every time he was told no, his parents and mentors told him to ignore the negativity and say yes. He’s not bringing the regular Yes man, though. He’s gonna be dangerous, he’s gonna be violent, and he’s going to do whatever he needs to do to win.
Roman Reigns ended the show and said Edge and Bryan have each had one good week, but he’s been killing it since he came back 30 weeks ago. He changed everything since he came back and at WrestleMania, he’ll smash ‘em, stack ‘em, and pin ‘em.
Roman. My goodness.
All three men sold WrestleMania for me, as did most of this show. But Edge... I don’t know. Edge really brought it home here. His passion matched Bryan and it solidified his tweener role in the feud. It was exactly what he needed to make all three players go into this where they needed to be. The presentation of it was incredible too.
But, who is going to walk away with the title? This is a tough one to predict. Either man could realistically walk away with it.
I’m so excited for this.

Historic
Bianca Belair and Sasha Banks are the main event of WrestleMania night one.
Incredible.
For way too long, we’ve had the same look in the main events. The women’s evolution only meant that eventually, we’d see a women’s main event of a pay-per-view, which we got. Then it led to an all women’s pay-per-view, and we need another one of those.
Then it led to a WrestleMania main event two years ago.
But this one feels different. And of course, it’s because for the first time ever, two African American women will main event for a top title. In 2021, it shouldn’t be the first time.
It shouldn’t, but we can’t change the past. We can now only hope and pray that this positive change leads to more.
Congratulations to Bianca and Sasha. This was well deserved.
And Bianca deserves this win.

No more playing games
WWE played a video package with Big E talking about his roots.
This was a really great video package that reminded me of Big E’s 24 documentary WWE filmed a few months ago.
Big E took us to his barber, where he goes to get grounded and focused. They then took us to Raymond James Stadium, where Big E played football. It was a great way to give us a more human side of Big E. Not that we needed that necessarily, but it played to the contrast of Apollo Crews using his roots for evil, so to speak.
E’s blood runs through Raymond James Stadium, and he’s not going to lose at home.
Honestly, I feel like this is going to be the time Apollo gets the win. I’m not really playing into the “hometown boy/girl loses trope” WWE does, it just feels like Apollo’s booking needs to have purpose. This has been quite a drastic change from just 6 months ago, when Apollo was the smiling babyface facing Lashley for the U.S. Title.
He lost a lot leading up to this, which sucks. But I think it’s going to be his hand raised at the end of the match.

The Rest
The Dirty Dawgz retain the SmackDown tag team championships
Roode and Ziggler started the match making sure Dominik Mysterio couldn’t reach a corner. Unfortunately for Roode, Gable tagged himself in and went to take Dom’s arm off. Rey tagged in and bounced off the ropes into a DDT. Both Mysterios flew over the ropes to take out Gable and Otis. After the commercial Ford and Roode were the legal men, and Roode hit a great spinebuster on Ford. All the heels took advantage of Ford being the other man and had moments to take him out, but Ford did a spinning powerbomb to tag Dawkins. Almost thought that the Mysterios had it won, but Otis broke the pin. Ford tagged in but Gable didn’t see it and suplexed Dawkins(this looked really awesome), Ford flew through the air and hit the frog splash, and Roode tagged in to get the victory.
I was expecting the father/son duo and was super excited when I thought it was happening, but Otis ruined it. I don’t really see why not put the titles on a different team going into the post WrestleMania show and beyond. They really haven’t done much with the Dirty Dawgz except two title defenses since Royal Rumble. If we get some new life into the tag divisions, I’ll see why. If not, there’s no reason why we don’t have new champions right now.

Jey Uso won the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
Very strange decision at the start of this where Ali, disgraced former RETRIBUTION leader, led former RETRIBUTION members and the rest of the men in the ring in taking out Shelton Benjamin and Cedric Alexander. And they all... listened to him. That was quite a head scratcher. They made it look like Alexander and Benjamin would survive, but they were both just tossed out moments later. Mace and T-Bar eliminated Elias and Ryker, and then Ali eliminated them. I did not expect that, either. Of course Ali’s behind was tossed out moments after that. Angel “Buns of Steel” Garza and Murphy were on the apron and Murphy tore Garza’s pants off. Thank you and sorry for getting eliminated right after by Corbin, Murphy.
The final three were Jey Uso, Shinsuke Nakamura, and King Corbin. Uso and Corbin took turns taking down Nakamura, but Uso turned on him and almost got him out. Nakamura eliminated Corbin and fought with Uso. Nakamura hit him with the Kinshasa but Uso reversed the throw and eliminated Nakamura to win the Andre.
Wrong decision in my opinion. I really thought Nakamura was winning this. He was set up perfectly for it, too. Just off a loss to Rollins, and Jey hasn’t won anything in months. It was perfect for Shinsuke. Reigns hasn’t expressed a need or desire for Jey to win things anymore so I kind of feel like he didn’t need this.

Tamina vs. Nia Jax ends in a disqualification
THAT SLAP THOUGH! I started this off like “Why?” and then said “YEAH!” Tamina shoved Jax but Reginald got involved so Jax could take advantage. Then there was a disqualification because of course. This was mainly to show some dominance by Tamina and hey ya know what? I liked it! No complaints this time. After the match, they then tore through the other women in the gauntlet tomorrow night. That I wasn’t too pleased with. The rest of them didn’t have to be taken out.

Kevin Owens attacked Sami Zayn
Sami Zayn went to commentary to tell them that WWE is against him because they didn’t get the rest of his interaction with Logan and Jake Paul. I cannot believe I just typed that. As the Andre wrestlers were coming down to the ring, KO attacked Zayn and Zayn ran away before he could get stunnered. Logan will be there and hopefully it won’t take away too much from KO and Zayn having their first ever singles match at WrestleMania.

Grade: B

What are your predictions for WrestleMania, GUYS?

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:32am On Apr 10, 2021
samistry:
Our Nigerian ancestors are behind him.

Why don't you like quoting the comment you're replying to?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 11:34am On Apr 10, 2021
Rankings for the Go Home Promos for the Universal Championship match.

In first position is Edge who deadass has me solidly rooting for him now.

In second place is Daniel Bryan.

And coming in at third place is Roman Reigns.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 12:01pm On Apr 10, 2021
Kaycee7:
Rankings for the Go Home Promos for the Universal Championship match.

In first position is Edge who deadass has me solidly rooting for him now.

In second place is Daniel Bryan.

And coming in at third place is Roman Reigns.

How it would probably go down:-
Roman retains, Edge snaps and is locked in another feud with Daniel post Wrestlemania grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 12:05pm On Apr 10, 2021
pu7pl3:

How it would probably go down:-
Roman retains, Edge snaps and is locked in another feud with Daniel post Wrestlemania grin
Makes sense. Can't really see Roman losing the gold anytime soon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 12:21pm On Apr 10, 2021
You think you know Edge.
But on this day, the Rated-R Superstar was dripping hard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 2:20pm On Apr 10, 2021
Kaycee7:
You think you know Edge.
But on this day, the Rated-R Superstar was dripping hard

Tbh, even Rollins was pleasantly shocked

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by manikspears: 4:04pm On Apr 10, 2021
Kaycee7:
Had to break my 90-day social media fast to ask Io Shirai, "E choke?" grin grin

grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 4:49pm On Apr 10, 2021
manikspears:

grin
Which kind weed she smoke wey make am go challenge Raquel? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by manikspears: 5:32pm On Apr 10, 2021
Kaycee7:
Which kind weed she smoke wey make am go challenge Raquel? grin grin

She wan cement her legacy ni cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (298) (Reply)

Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' / ARROW and THE FLASH fan page....... / Top 15 Nollywood Stars Who Have Passed Away In Recent Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.