Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,924 members, 7,810,547 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House - TV/Movies (298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House (288278 Views)

Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread / Nigerians Storm Gotv Facebook Page Over WWE / Rachel Johnson Goes Topless On Live TV Show During Brexit Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CoolUsername: 11:57am On Feb 06
The Reich and Hitler Hearst Himmler had it coming!

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 11:55am On Feb 07
Kaycee7:
Give the cameraman who lined up this shot a massive bonus
more like they all posed for it.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 11:48am On Feb 09
That rough play wey una try last week, no ever try that nonsense again.

We're back on the trail, boys

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 8:57pm On Feb 19
Kaycee7:
That rough play wey una try last week, no ever try that nonsense again.

We're back on the trail, boys
I thought y'all wanted Rock vs Roman for years. Why the sudden change of taste bud?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 9:10pm On Feb 19
ValeeLove:
I thought y'all wanted Rock vs Roman for years. Why the sudden change of taste bud?
Timing. The timing was wrong.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 12:07pm On Feb 20
Kaycee7:
Timing. The timing was wrong.
what timing. Wasn't Cody's timing also bad when he took Sami's opportunity from him? I'm a bit confused. Isn't the biggest draw what WWE fans pride themselves in having?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 1:02pm On Feb 20
ValeeLove:
what timing. Wasn't Cody's timing also bad when he took Sami's opportunity from him? I'm a bit confused. Isn't the biggest draw what WWE fans pride themselves in having?
What opportunity did Cody take from Sami? Cody had already won the Rumble before Sami turned face at the very same PPV. And there was literally only one belt for a Men's Rumble winner to challenge for at the time.

Meanwhile, Cody and the WWE build up to another Mania dance with Roman. Cody wins the Rumble a second time in a row and points towards Roman in his victory moment.
Seth proposes his World title the next night and the crowd boos massively.
Only for all that momentum to come crashing on Friday when The Rock comes in to take Cody's place.

Those 2 scenarios are not remotely similar at all

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 5:33pm On Feb 20
Kaycee7:
What opportunity did Cody take from Sami? Cody had already won the Rumble before Sami turned face at the very same PPV. And there was literally only one belt for a Men's Rumble winner to challenge for at the time.

Meanwhile, Cody and the WWE build up to another Mania dance with Roman. Cody wins the Rumble a second time in a row and points towards Roman in his victory moment.
Seth proposes his World title the next night and the crowd boos massively.
Only for all that momentum to come crashing on Friday when The Rock comes in to take Cody's place.

Those 2 scenarios are not remotely similar at all
I'm saying if we're to do it based on storylines and timing (as you said) Sami should have been the one to face Roman at Mania. Cody had zero story with Roman and yet he was chosen to fight him at Mania. It's the same scenario now, Cody now has a story (of sort) with Roman, but Rock - like Cody to Sami last year - is a bigger draw. That's what I'm saying.

I'm not saying about the fans booing or not? But when has that ever stopped WWE? Despite how many fans booed Cena, they still pushed him. Despite how many fans despised Roman, they still gave Mania Main event after Mania Main event, the list is endless. It's because the WWE knows that if the fans were truly serious about not wanting The Rock, they'd boycott the product rather than just make noise.

I'm saying WWE and it's fans need to pick a side. They're lucky it's HHH running things now, cause if it was Vince, their demands would have been overlooked and it'll be their fault because they encouraged part-timers and lazy booking over the years. I'm spitting facts.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by samistry(m): 5:11pm On Feb 21
ValeeLove:
I'm saying if we're to do it based on storylines and timing (as you said) Sami should have been the one to face Roman at Mania. Cody had zero story with Roman and yet he was chosen to fight him at Mania. It's the same scenario now, Cody now has a story (of sort) with Roman, but Rock - like Cody to Sami last year - is a bigger draw. That's what I'm saying.

I'm not saying about the fans booing or not? But when has that ever stopped WWE? Despite how many fans booed Cena, they still pushed him. Despite how many fans despised Roman, they still gave Mania Main event after Mania Main event, the list is endless. It's because the WWE knows that if the fans were truly serious about not wanting The Rock, they'd boycott the product rather than just make noise.

I'm saying WWE and it's fans need to pick a side. They're lucky it's HHH running things now, cause if it was Vince, their demands would have been overlooked and it'll be their fault because they encouraged part-timers and lazy booking over the years. I'm spitting facts.
Since when does a royal rumble winner needs to have a story before challenging for the title?

Sami is a sympathetic comedic indy babyface ala mick foley, they don't need to have the main title or hold it for long after having it. Funny enough, if they went with sami na still same you go still call em out for having a comedic goof as champion.

They already have Cody as classic companyman babyface in mould of hulkhogan, john cena, okada
The face of the company, the champ Who draws in casuals and mainstreamers.

You said fans booed John Cena but you left out that cena was the biggest star in the ruthless agression after rock, Austin and even brock lesnar left.
He got so popular as heel that he turned face.
Fans started to boo him after the company tweaked his character from an edgy rapper to family friendly superman, who always defies the odds after the company went PG.
It's the same reason why Cody was booed in AEW, a smarky company as they couldn't relate to a character like that.

Rock is a bigger draw than cody but do you advocate we go from a part time champion to an even older part time champion?
What does winning the championship and breaking Roman's title reign do for the Rock? The man is already a legend.

The same Vince that you argue doesn't cave into fans demands gave us Wrestlemania 30 with Daniel Bryan going over Triple H, Batista and Randy Orton.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 9:26pm On Feb 21
samistry:

Since when does a royal rumble winner needs to have a story before challenging for the title?

Sami is a sympathetic comedic indy babyface ala mick foley, they don't need to have the main title or hold it for long after having it. Funny enough, if they went with sami na still same you go still call em out for having a comedic goof as champion.

They already have Cody as classic companyman babyface in mould of hulkhogan, john cena, okada
The face of the company, the champ Who draws in casuals and mainstreamers.

You said fans booed John Cena but you left out that cena was the biggest star in the ruthless agression after rock, Austin and even brock lesnar left.
He got so popular as heel that he turned face.
Fans started to boo him after the company tweaked his character from an edgy rapper to family friendly superman, who always defies the odds after the company went PG.
It's the same reason why Cody was booed in AEW, a smarky company as they couldn't relate to a character like that.

Rock is a bigger draw than cody but do you advocate we go from a part time champion to an even older part time champion?
What does winning the championship and breaking Roman's title reign do for the Rock? The man is already a legend.

The same Vince that you argue doesn't cave into fans demands gave us Wrestlemania 30 with Daniel Bryan going over Triple H, Batista and Randy Orton.
so you guys are contradicting yourselves now? Wrestling needs story, except it's for a Royal Rumble winner, right?

I agree, a comedy goof shouldn't be a champion, but you guys have always disagreed regardless of how much I tried drumming it in (it's funny how you agree now, we're getting somewhere I guess); but what I'm saying is pick a side - do you want storylines or not, do you want big draws or not?

So you're saying you want big draws, but not part-timers; did you maintain that same energy when Rock took Punk's spot twice at Mania, did you (hope you did)? Or when Austin took the main event of Mania from well deserving full timers. Or when Goldberg did it, and Taker, and the list goes on.

You're talking about what breaking Roman's title reign will do for the Rock? Again, who cares about logic in WWE? Isn't drawing power all that matters. They literally had Cody contradict himself on who he wanted to fight at Mania in a space of few days. Logic really doesn't mean that much in that company. Leave that thing.

Okay yes, lightning struck and Vince bulged. And what did he do the following year? Abeg abeg abeg.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by samistry(m): 4:19am On Feb 22
ValeeLove:
so you guys are contradicting yourselves now? Wrestling needs story, except it's for a Royal Rumble winner, right?

I agree, a comedy goof shouldn't be a champion, but you guys have always disagreed regardless of how much I tried drumming it in (it's funny how you agree now, we're getting somewhere I guess); but what I'm saying is pick a side - do you want storylines or not, do you want big draws or not?

So you're saying you want big draws, but not part-timers; did you maintain that same energy when Rock took Punk's spot twice at Mania, did you (hope you did)? Or when Austin took the main event of Mania from well deserving full timers. Or when Goldberg did it, and Taker, and the list goes on.

You're talking about what breaking Roman's title reign will do for the Rock? Again, who cares about logic in WWE? Isn't drawing power all that matters. They literally had Cody contradict himself on who he wanted to fight at Mania in a space of few days. Logic really doesn't mean that much in that company. Leave that thing.

Okay yes, lightning struck and Vince bulged. And what did he do the following year? Abeg abeg abeg.
You still haven't answered my question on why a royal rumble winner needs a story to fight the champion? You win the rumble, you get to challenge for any title.
Contending with and outlasting 30men for a chance to challenge for the title is a story in itself. You don't need to have a further personal story with the champion you're challenging. This is pretty basic that even my 9year old niece understands, yet grown up adult man has a hard time figuring it out.

For the plucky everyman underdogs like Sami Zayn, Daniel Bryan, mick foley, Tetsuya Naito there was a Rock, Stone-cold, Cody, Cena, Okada, Reigns as face of the company.
The plucky underdog works better as a chaser of the title than a dominant title defender.

It's why it took Sami so long to become NXT champion.
It's same reason we can't compare Naito to Okada dominance as champions.

I specifically said sami doesn't 'need to have the main title or HOLD IT FOR LONG AFTER HAVING IT'.

You ignored the later part of my sentence, to blabber away whatever preconceived notions you held. My original quote is still there.

Rock ended Punks long title reign and proceeded to have a twice in a lifetime rematch with Cena for the WWE Championship.
Guess what? That match would still have sold tickets just for the personalities involved regardless if it was for the title or not.
As bad as the situation was for CM Punk, he still had a wrestlemania match with undertaker. This was the last good match that Taker had at Wrestlemania.

Rock came back and tried to hijack a wrestlemania that didn't need him vying for the title.
History was about to repeat itself until fans rallied and made their voices heard about Cody.
The resultant effect for all of this is it gave Cody more momentum than ever before.
We Want Cody became a hash tag which trended across twitter. Many have questioned if the Rocks hijacking attempt was the initial plan or a ploy to make Cody more popular.

As regards drawing power, many folks were critcising Wwe in 2018 for hosting saudi shows yet years later, boxing events and la liga super cup are being played in saudi to garner profits.
Boxing events and soccer sef dey find drawing power.

You have to strike a balancing art as a company drawing viewers to make profit as well as giving fans what they want.
If it was all about drawing power we would still have Rock Vs Roman Reigns for the championship and Cody challenging Seth.
Yes, Vince historically has made some decisions that i do not agree with. He has also caved into fan demands like kofimania, Seth beating brock at wrestlemania and summerslam for the title, Drew Mcintyre going over brock at wrestlemania, giving the women wrestlemania main event in 2019.

Roman Reigns was booed as a face and loved as a heel. Why didn't Vince continue to stubbornly leave him as a face?

I praise the company when due and criticise em when they fumble, unlike you who is obssesed with what he doesn't like yet won't quit.

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 8:21am On Feb 22
samistry:

You still haven't answered my question on why a royal rumble winner needs a story to fight the champion? You win the rumble, you get to challenge for any title.
Contending with and outlasting 30men for a chance to challenge for the title is a story in itself. You don't need to have a further personal story with the champion you're challenging. This is pretty basic that even my 9year old niece understands, yet grown up adult man has a hard time figuring it out.

For the plucky everyman underdogs like Sami Zayn, Daniel Bryan, mick foley, Tetsuya Naito there was a Rock, Stone-cold, Cody, Cena, Okada, Reigns as face of the company.
The plucky underdog works better as a chaser of the title than a dominant title defender.

It's why it took Sami so long to become NXT champion.
It's same reason we can't compare Naito to Okada dominance as champions.

I specifically said sami doesn't 'need to have the main title or HOLD IT FOR LONG AFTER HAVING IT'.

You ignored the later part of my sentence, to blabber away whatever preconceived notions you held. My original quote is still there.

Rock ended Punks long title reign and proceeded to have a twice in a lifetime rematch with Cena for the WWE Championship.
Guess what? That match would still have sold tickets just for the personalities involved regardless if it was for the title or not.
As bad as the situation was for CM Punk, he still had a wrestlemania match with undertaker. This was the last good match that Taker had at Wrestlemania.

Rock came back and tried to hijack a wrestlemania that didn't need him vying for the title.
History was about to repeat itself until fans rallied and made their voices heard about Cody.
The resultant effect for all of this is it gave Cody more momentum than ever before.
We Want Cody became a hash tag which trended across twitter. Many have questioned if the Rocks hijacking attempt was the initial plan or a ploy to make Cody more popular.

As regards drawing power, many folks were critcising Wwe in 2018 for hosting saudi shows yet years later, boxing events and la liga super cup are being played in saudi to garner profits.
Boxing events and soccer sef dey find drawing power.

You have to strike a balancing art as a company drawing viewers to make profit as well as giving fans what they want.
If it was all about drawing power we would still have Rock Vs Roman Reigns for the championship and Cody challenging Seth.
Yes, Vince historically has made some decisions that i do not agree with. He has also caved into fan demands like kofimania, Seth beating brock at wrestlemania and summerslam for the title, Drew Mcintyre going over brock at wrestlemania, giving the women wrestlemania main event in 2019.

Roman Reigns was booed as a face and loved as a heel. Why didn't Vince continue to stubbornly leave him as a face?

I praise the company when due and criticise em when they fumble, unlike you who is obssesed with what he doesn't like yet won't quit.

I promise I'll answer your questions, but what I want is a simplified reply to mine. It could take just 2 sentences even. What do WWE fans want? Draws, stories or ring ability? Phrase it however you want to but give me a simple response so I can hold you and your likes accountable when necessary.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CoolUsername: 10:08am On Mar 11
ValeeLove:
I promise I'll answer your questions, but what I want is a simplified reply to mine. It could take just 2 sentences even. What do WWE fans want? Draws, stories or ring ability? Phrase it however you want to but give me a simple response so I can hold you and your likes accountable when necessary.

I want it all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (Reply)

Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' / ARROW and THE FLASH fan page....... / Top 15 Nollywood Stars Who Have Passed Away In Recent Years

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.