Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House - TV/Movies (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House (290383 Views)

Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread / Nigerians Storm Gotv Facebook Page Over WWE / Rachel Johnson Goes Topless On Live TV Show During Brexit Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (298) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:05am On Jul 27, 2021
WWE RAW REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

This might be the unpopular opinion, but I can’t help but agree with Charlotte Flair.
After her promo in ring to start the show, interrupting Nikki A.S.H. who had nice things to say about being the new champion and... still... almost a superhero (we’ll get to my feelings on that in a moment!), Flair said what a lot of people who aren’t into this gimmick say. The character of Nikki A.S.H. does not have the star power to carry this division.
That’s not to say she couldn’t! I truly do think that her super hero gimmick can be something great. But I’m confused about the messaging here. The messaging that essentially defines this character.
Nikki A.S.H. is a character that was born out of insecurity, and putting on the superhero outfit with the butterfly emblem and cape gives her the confidence to be Almost a Super Hero. She said in her opening promo that she was afraid to fail, and now she’s not afraid anymore. And she said if you believe in yourself, you can overcome and almost become a superhero.
That’s where I get confused. Because this promo is coming from the top women’s champion of the brand. So, without a championship, I can totally see someone almost being a super hero.
But... you’re still almost a super hero even with a championship? That doesn’t make much sense to me. Almost a super hero makes sense when you’re trying to attain something. When you do attain it, “almost” doesn’t fit anymore.
They’re sort of backed into a corner now with this because what are they going to do, call her Nikki S.H.?
Why I said that I don’t see the star power is because when mentioning her outfit and the butterfly (which her line about a metamorphosis in the division was great), it elicited some boos from the crowd. And it goes to prove that Nikki didn’t need this character to be champion. She’s been beloved for years. This was my worry about the character in the beginning. Let’s see how it goes to SummerSlam.
So, Flair whined and complained about losing the title, and Rhea Ripley came out to shut her up. Both women claimed they had rights to fight Nikki at SummerSlam, and Adam Pearce and Sonya Deville said that there would be a triple threat at the pay-per-view.
They also made Flair vs. Nikki for this show because Flair kept whining and Nikki accepted her demand for a match.
This match was not good. Flair barely sold for Nikki and Flair won, with Nikki challenging her for a rematch next week.
None of it makes sense. And her promo before getting beat up makes me feel vindicated for what I said above. “Almost” a super hero does not work when you’re the top women’s champion on Raw. Nikki’s promo was bad. I like her but this character is not working.
Most of what’s happening on Raw is in fact, not working out right now.

The Hurt Business reunion we didn’t want.
What was supposed to be a response to Goldberg, turned into a Hurt Business triple threat.
MVP got the sports reference in so that the crowd would boo.
He asked Bobby Lashley if Goldberg was in fact next, to which Lashley responded that he isn’t responding to Goldberg’s challenge.
Suddenly, Cedric Alexander interrupted and said he was excommunicated because Lashley knew that he was better than him. Shelton Benjamin interrupted him to say Alexander’s voice is terrible, and that he’s knows the Hurt Business is dead.
Basically both of them were there to do what Flair and Ripley were doing before, but Lashley just decided that he would take both men on at the same time right now.
Lashley threw Alexander into the ring post and wow did it sound nasty. Alexander and Benjamin decided to team up to take Lashley out, and then went for a double pin, which Lashley kicked out of immediately.
And then Lashley smashed ‘em, stacked ‘em, and pinned ‘em. Poor Cedric and Shelton.
Funnily enough, Lashley did the Jackhammer to send a message to Goldberg, but I’m way more interested in a Roman Reigns vs. Bobby Lashley match.
Goldberg didn’t even bother showing up.

The Rest
Damian Priest defeated Sheamus
Priest is another guy like Nikki ASH who should have more star power than they have right now. As I keep reminding you (and now WWE is too!) he was in a tag match with BAD BUNNY and won. And was then left to fend for himself and keep fighting the people that lost to him at WrestleMania. And then he was off television for weeks. Totally how you capitalize off of the momentum of BAD BUNNY. People... BAD BUNNY! Anyway, Priest and Sheamus hoss fought and Sheamus’ face covering fell off. Priest chokeslammed Sheamus after making him walk on the top rope for a two count. What I thought was a Brogue Kicked but was a high knee got Sheamus a near fall, but Priest won with the Reckoning. Yes I would like Priest to be the next US champion please!

AJ Styles and Omos defeated The Viking Raiders
The Raiders were smart in this one, isolating Styles and trying to get Omos knocked off his feet. However they keep forgetting that Omos doesn’t go down. He just charges, screams, powerbombs, and makes great facial expressions. Ivar cartwheeeled out of the way of a Phenomenal Forearm. That was cool. The Raiders fell to a springboard 450, not Styles usual finisher, but I like not always going to finisher to finish matches. Who could be next for these guys now?

John Morrison defeated Riddle
I am absolutely loving Byron Saxton getting squirted with the Dripstick every week. It’s so great, and wow reading that aloud does not sound PG. That’s fine though. Elsewhere on WWE programming the missionary position is being talked about. Miz squirted Riddle with the Dripstick, and Riddle kicked him so hard Miz fell backwards. When they came back from commercial, Styles and Omos appeared. Omos broke his scooter to distract him and Morrison pinned Riddle. Styles then gave Riddle a Styles Clash. No Randy Orton to come help his partner. And now we know who’s next!

Mustafa Ali and Mansoor defeated MACE and T-BAR
Ah the old RETRIBUTION get together. I am very much enjoying the dynamic between Ali and Mansoor. Ali is so involved with making sure that Mansoor doesn’t fall into the same trap that he did, and Mansoor is trying to get Ali to like him. Mansoor was giddy after seeing Ali’s tornado DDT to T-BAR on the outside. (Tornado DDT-BAR is an awesome name, WWE. You can use that one for free.) Mansoor hugged Ali after they won and Ali just looked at him like what are you doing, bro? It’s great.

Karrion Kross defeated Keith Lee
They gave Kross the decency of a commercial break this time but they didn’t decide to give Lee decency. Lee losing here was sad because I really like him a lot, and I could not give less of a shit about Kross. So Lee is back on a losing streak after being out of action for months, the first time to get Lashley ready for Goldberg, and the second time for just... reasons. Boo.

Drew McIntyre defeated Veer via disqualification
Jinder Mahal brought out his attorney and said that he would sue if McIntyre didn’t apologize. You know what happened. McIntyre Claymored Veer as he held up a chair and the bell rang. “Veer should win by disqualification as a result of that, but Drew is announced as the winner, because none of this matters and WWE changes the rules on a whim.” And then McIntyre threw the attorney in the ring and Claymored him. Mmm’kay then.

Natalya and Tamina defeated Eva Marieeeeeee and DouDrop
Interestingly, Marie started the match but Natalya gave chase and she ran tot he ropes and tagged DouDrop. At one point it looked like when DouDrop went for a pin attempt, Natalya got some sort of leg injury so Tamina was tagged in. Marie tagged in when she thought she’d pin Tamina. Then the Lilly-Lution video package distracted her and she got superkicked and pinned. Okay, I laughed out loud at that video package. Don’t know if it was because it was good or bad yet, though.

Reginald defeated R-Truth
Christ, Reggie is athletic as f***.

Lilly-Lution and Miz squirting Saxton with the Dripstick were the funniest moments of the show. I have to give whoever deserves credit for this little video package. I laughed my ass off and thought that y’all needed to see it. Maybe I’m turning a corner on this? WWE will probably make me regret liking this next week.

Grade: D+
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Debroslink: 10:23am On Jul 27, 2021
pu7pl3:
WWE RAW REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

This might be the unpopular opinion, but I can’t help but agree with Charlotte Flair.
After her promo in ring to start the show, interrupting Nikki A.S.H. who had nice things to say about being the new champion and... still... almost a superhero (we’ll get to my feelings on that in a moment!), Flair said what a lot of people who aren’t into this gimmick say. The character of Nikki A.S.H. does not have the star power to carry this division.
That’s not to say she couldn’t! I truly do think that her super hero gimmick can be something great. But I’m confused about the messaging here. The messaging that essentially defines this character.
Nikki A.S.H. is a character that was born out of insecurity, and putting on the superhero outfit with the butterfly emblem and cape gives her the confidence to be Almost a Super Hero. She said in her opening promo that she was afraid to fail, and now she’s not afraid anymore. And she said if you believe in yourself, you can overcome and almost become a superhero.
That’s where I get confused. Because this promo is coming from the top women’s champion of the brand. So, without a championship, I can totally see someone almost being a super hero.
But... you’re still almost a super hero even with a championship? That doesn’t make much sense to me. Almost a super hero makes sense when you’re trying to attain something. When you do attain it, “almost” doesn’t fit anymore.
They’re sort of backed into a corner now with this because what are they going to do, call her Nikki S.H.?
Why I said that I don’t see the star power is because when mentioning her outfit and the butterfly (which her line about a metamorphosis in the division was great), it elicited some boos from the crowd. And it goes to prove that Nikki didn’t need this character to be champion. She’s been beloved for years. This was my worry about the character in the beginning. Let’s see how it goes to SummerSlam.

This is pure bullshit. Everything about Nikki and her packaging is rubbish. I guess A.S.H means Almost Super Hero.

I blame the management for this nonsense anyways. If you know you don't have faith on Nikki, why give her the Women's title in the 1st place?

Grade: F
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 12:00pm On Jul 27, 2021
Debroslink:

This is pure bullshit. Everything about Nikki and her packaging is rubbish. I guess A.S.H means Almost Super Hero.

I blame the management for this nonsense anyways. If you know you don't have faith on Nikki, why give her the Women's title in the 1st place?

Grade: F

My thoughts exactly, I think they wanted to just capitalise on her merch sales 5hats all
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 5:19pm On Jul 27, 2021
Happy birthday OG Paul Levesque

[img]https://c./HFoRY1Bmzn8AAAAM/abell46s-reface.gif[/img]
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by SILENTandSMART2: 5:37pm On Jul 27, 2021
Lol i don't know this thread det nairaland, wrestling is my number one sport. cheesy
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 5:39pm On Jul 27, 2021
SILENTandSMART2:
Lol i don't know this thread det nairaland, wrestling is my number one sport. cheesy

you're welcome
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by SILENTandSMART2: 5:44pm On Jul 27, 2021
pu7pl3:

you're welcome

Yoo i don't miss it every week, i only watch 3 , nxt, raw and smackdown ..
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by samistry(m): 6:10pm On Jul 27, 2021
Aew recap coming this week.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Debroslink: 6:37pm On Jul 27, 2021
samistry:
Once I sight CM Punk and Daniel Bryan at AEW, I'm done with WWE.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:56pm On Jul 27, 2021
SILENTandSMART2:

Yoo i don't miss it every week, i only watch 3 , nxt, raw and smackdown ..

Same here...I wish I could watch AEW tho but no time
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:56pm On Jul 27, 2021
samistry:

Bring it on bruh we waiting cheesy cheesy
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:58pm On Jul 27, 2021
Debroslink:

Once I sight CM Punk and Daniel Bryan at AEW, I'm done with WWE.

What will CM punk and Bryan add there that isn't already there? grin grin AEW is like a nostalgia act to me even if I'm watching it I wouldn't ditch WWE for it
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 9:33pm On Jul 27, 2021
Roman reigns yawning while Cena is having a match in the ring. Classic heel.

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:16pm On Jul 27, 2021
grin grin
ValeeLove:
Roman reigns yawning while Cena is having a match in the ring. Classic heel.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 6:30am On Jul 28, 2021
WWE NXT REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

Climbing a “Colossal” mountain
Last week WWE announced that Bronson Reed and Adam Cole would finally have their singles match with each other. Reed had made his intentions clear ever since losing the North American title to Isaiah “Swerve” Scott — you’re the biggest name around here, and if I take you out that makes me the man.
Cole didn’t get to be the man though without being one of the most cunning and devious man on the roster, not to mention being one of the best wrestlers in the world bar none. Still just looking at the size of both men it was clear Adam Cole had a “Colossal” challenge in front of him. The only way to deal with a problem this big is to make it smaller, which Cole did by repeatedly working over the left leg and knee. Reed kept firing up for one comeback after another, but in the end Cole avoided the Tsunami Splash because a hobbled Reed was too slow to get to the top rope (that’s my theory and I’m sticking to it), and he immediately capitalized with a superkick and a knee to the back of the head (with the knee pad down) to get the three count.
His victory lap would be short lived. An enraged Kyle O’Reilly ran out from the back, steel chair in hand, and nailed him square in the back. He choked Cole with the chair, he broke down the steel steps, and he suplexed Cole right onto them. If you weren’t already amped up for the third match in this trilogy at Takeover 36, this closing segment was exactly what you needed. It’s a shame we’ve got to wait several more weeks to see it!

What are William Regal and Samoa Joe going to do?
To briefly recap what got us to this point — Samoa Joe refereed a title match between Karrion Kross and Johnny Gargano. Kross retained the NXT title but choked out Joe after the match. Joe declared himself “provoked” over General Manager William Regal’s objections and vowed to put his hands on Kross. Kross avoided Joe’s wrath and to make matters worse he left Regal laying in a heap in the parking lot battered and bruised before Joe could get to him. Now that Regal has been “provoked” how would he and Joe respond to these attacks?
Joe marched down to the ring and threw a chair and a table in, but then set them up politely and said Kross is too much of a coward to be here, so he invited Mr. Regal to join him instead. Joe presented his “three part plan” to Regal. Step one was his resignation from NXT management, effective immediately. Step two was a contract that would put Joe back on the active roster of talent.
Step three was a contract to face Kross for the NXT title at Takeover 36. Regal accepted his proposal, signed the contracts, and the deal was done!
This was the obvious and only solution to the problem, especially after weeks of teasing feuds between Joe and everybody on the roster from Adam Cole to Pete Dunne. Win or lose at Takeover 36, it’s great to have Joe back in the ring again. You’d expect Joe to win the title given Kross is already being used on the main roster on Raw, but only time will tell.

Josh Briggs vs. Carmelo Hayes (NXT Breakout Tournament)
After two great matches with KUSHIDA and Adam Cole, Carmelo Hayes has quickly become my favorite rookie on the NXT roster. He was rewarded with a spot in the NXT Breakout Tournament to further showcase his talents, but much like our Cole vs. Reed main event, there would be a significant size disparity for Hayes to overcome. Briggs was the final EVOLVE champion and at 6’8” and close to 300 pounds it’s not hard to see why. Could Hayes finally pick up his first official win against such overwhelming odds?
Briggs used his size to his advantage to manhandle Hayes, but Hayes was resilient and kept trying to chop Briggs down to size quite literally. Duke Hudson joined the commentary position to scout his second round opponent, at which point Hayes got on a roll with one move after another that stunned or staggered the big man. Briggs appeared to have it in hand with a one arm choke slam, but Hayes kicked out at the last second. When the moment was right he went to the top rope and came off with a flying leg drop to secure the win! For his part Hudson seemed happy the smaller man won, vowing that it would make his next match “much easier” as a result. Since this is NXT and not the main roster though there’s every chance they could make Hayes the underdog who overcomes the odds time and time again, and that’s exactly what I’m hoping for.

Kacy Catanzaro & Kayden Carter vs. Franky Monet & Jessi Kamea
After successfully taking over the Robert Stone Brand, Franky Monet (and her little dog too) had eyes on taking over the entire NXT women’s division. The first step in her master plan would be to team with Jessi Kamea to take out long time tag team competitors Kayden Carter and Kacy Catanzaro, and with Robert Stone watching their backs this couldn’t possibly go wrong for La Guera Loca... right?
She may have a grudge with Robert Stone though. He tried to use his hand bag (which Wade Barrett insisted was not a purse) as a foreign object, feeding it to Franky Monet over the referee’s objections, and the distraction allowed Kacy Catanzaro to tag in and hit the 450 for the win. Simple as that!
I know this isn’t their plan, but who here besides me wants to see Franky Monet vs. Robert Stone one on one, ending with Monet giving him the Glam Slam? I’d pay to see that.

Stranded on Hit Row
I can’t help but think of this song every time I see Hit Row. As Kurupt says himself on the track, “Row rolling like the mafia.” That’s exactly how Isaiah Scott’s crew operates — they overwhelm the opposition by working together as a unit. They’d need that kind of unity going against Imperium’s Fabian Aichner and Marcel Barthel, because “the mat is sacred” and WALTER’s fearsome leadership motivates them to take out anyone they face. One wild card was in play though — potential interference from Legado del Fantasma in the match.
Hit Row had the crowd on their side and seemed to be well in control of the match thanks to the agility of Ashante “Thee” Adonis and sheer size and strength of “Top Dolla” AJ Francis. I didn’t expect the faces to be in control going into the commercial break, but perhaps the NXT brass hasn’t figured out they are babyfaces just yet. Going against Imperium though how could they not be? If it wasn’t already obvious what happened at the end solidified their face turn — Legado del Fantasma interfered in the match and caused Adonis to eat a double team power bomb, with Barthel making the cover for three. Imperium took their win and took a powder as Top Dolla took a three on one beatdown from Escobar, Wilde and Mendoza, but a chair swinging Isaiah Scott made the save as the crowd erupted for him. Now who hotter than Hit Row? Nada nada. How about a six man match at Takeover 36?
Actually you won’t even have to wait that long — the match is signed for next week!!

Raquel González is betrayed
It’s been so subtle that you might have missed it, but every time Raquel González has mentioned that there’s nobody who could take the women’s title from her, long time friend Dakota Kai has shot her a look — the “oh really?” look if you know what I mean. Still after González dominated Xia Li in last week’s main event, you had to think these former tag team were on the same page. If I was Kai I certainly wouldn’t want to cross González. Is it really worth the risk of being crushed the way Li was, both figuratively and literally?
Apparently fear is not a word that this kick master knows. She played González like a fiddle, buttering her up by telling her she was “Big Mami Cool” and the most dominant champion in NXT history. As González took a victory lap with the title thinking she had no worthy challengers to face her, Kai flew in with a knee and laid González out! You love to see it.

Pete Dunne & Oney Lorcan vs. Timothy Thatcher & Tommaso Ciampa
Ah yes. This is exactly the kind of match I live for on NXT. Four of the most technically sound and physically violent wrestlers in the world paired up to square off in tag team competition. What could possibly be bad about this? “Bruiserweight” Pete Dunne and Oney “Don’t Call Me Biff” Lorcan. “Toothless” Timothy Thatcher and “Sicilian Psychopath” Tommaso Ciampa. If I could cover these shows while eating a bucket of popcorn during a match like this, you can damn well believe I would.
Wade Barrett called for “a masterpiece of savagery” and that’s exactly what we got from the opening contest of the show. The chops were hard, the submissions were fierce, the brawling was brutish. What could have been a stellar two-on-two contest though was disrupted by the return of Ridge Holland,. His distraction let Pete Dunne hit the Bitter End on Ciampa to get the pin. I wanted to hate this for screwing up a great match but... I actually don’t? I feel like it’s the perfect set up for a six man match at Takeover 36. All we need is for Ciampa and Thatcher to find a partner as violent and dangerous as they are. My mind is spinning with the possibilities and all of them make me smile.

What else do you need to know?
We had a series of comedy vignettes with LA Knight and Cameron Grimes on the golf course. Knight kept plunking balls into the water, and after Grimes was sent to retrieve one, Ted DiBiase pulled up in a golf cart and told Grimes that he’s a fighter — not a butler — and he should remember that. Grizzled Young Veterans wanted to play through because Knight was moving too slow, and this escalated into a $20,000 bet going to the next man to sink the ball into the hole they were on. Knight plunked another shot into the water, so Grimes stepped up to the plate to win it for his team, gold (and presumably monogrammed) golf ball in hand. His back swing managed to crack Knight in the nuts and the head, but his follow through landed the ball right on the green and it rolled straight into the cup. A dazed and confused Knight thought he had been jumped by James Drake and Zack Gibson, and he gave chase as they fled in a golf cart. Good times, good times.

Candice LeRae and Johnny Gargano were upset that Austin Theory had “run away from home.” Indi Hartwell received a present from Dexter Lumis - a caricature showing him as the newest family member of The Way. Gargano said “NO WAY.” Hartwell proposed a one on one match between Gargano and Lumis — if Lumis wins, she gets to date him. Gargano added a stipulation of his own — if Lumis loses, she never brings him up or mentions him ever again. This quickly got added to next week’s show along with Bobby Fish vs. Roderick Strong, and Joe Gacy vs. Trey Baxter in the final opening round match of the Breakout Tournament.

We also had Zoey Stark pitching a “friendship date” to a very reluctant Io Shirai.

Grade: A+
It’s hard to screw up a show when you tape it in advance, and NXT most certainly did not. Even if you disliked the outcomes, you can’t argue that they all advance the ongoing story lines in exactly the right way. This was a fantastic episode. I have no complaints

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by SILENTandSMART2: 7:50am On Jul 28, 2021
pu7pl3:

Same here...I wish I could watch AEW tho but no time

Okay , i don't really have time also...
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:59am On Jul 28, 2021
SILENTandSMART2:

Okay , i don't really have time also...

Just watch the ones you can bro... someone has volunteered to start an AEW recap so you can catch that here also
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by SILENTandSMART2: 10:06am On Jul 28, 2021
pu7pl3:

Just watch the ones you can bro... someone has volunteered to start an AEW recap so you can catch that here also

Yeah i don't miss the 3 i mentioned earlier....... I'm following it back to back...
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by SILENTandSMART2: 10:08am On Jul 28, 2021
Nicki ash is a joke ...... grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:04am On Jul 28, 2021
SILENTandSMART2:

Yeah i don't miss the 3 i mentioned earlier....... I'm following it back to back...

okay bruh, no problems

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by samistry(m): 2:58pm On Jul 29, 2021
AEW presents :Fight for the Fallen.
We begin this week with a All or Nothing 10 man elimination tag match.
The Elite( AEW world Champion Kenny Omega, AEW Tag Team champions The young bucks(brothers Matt and Nick Jackson), Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson). Vs
Hangman Page and The Dark Order( Evil Uno, Stu Greyson, John Silver and Alex Reynolds).
This match presents a big opportunity for the Dark Order, should they successfully eliminate all of the elite, then Hangman Page earns a worldheavyweight title match while Evil Uno and Greyson get a tag team title match.
The Elite are geared in space jam inspired jerseys complete with basketballs and rimposts.
The match starts with the usual team brawl to the outside before it settles in the ring. Silver and Reynolds perform a quick fast tag combination attack, resulting in a pin on Gallows which is broken by Karl Anderson.
This leads to a quick roll up on Reynolds by Karl Anderson with hands on tights for cheat support.
Reynolds is eliminated.
Elite-5, Darkorder-4.
K.Anderson finds himself surrounded and being a punching bag for each member of the Dark order, resulting in the fatality tag finisher from Uno and Greyson. K. Anderson eliminated.
Elite-4, Dark Order-4.
Greyson hits a Springboard Twisting body corkscrew to all members of the Elite outside. Gallows and Greyson both continue to fight in the crowd, Greyson also hits a diving splash from the crowd towards Gallows and both men are down. This leads to a double count out and elimination for both men as they are unable to get back in the ring on time.
Elite-3, Dark Order-3.
Evil Uno and Omega square off in the ring, as a diving senton attack from Uno proves costly with knees up by omega followed by vtrigger and one winged angel. (nobody kicks out from that). Evil uno eliminated.
Elite-3, Dark Order-2.
We are left with Kenny omega and the bucks against Hangman and Silver.
Silver is cornered and isolated by bucks. The bucks being heel goofballs decide to have a little space jam action in the ring as Nick does a basketball dribble in the ring scores a 3 pointer. (Never seen anything like this).
The bucks hit a tag team apron powerbomb on Hangman outside.
Silver is attacked three on one by the bucks and Omega. The bucks perform a meltzer driver on Silver on the mat floor outside of the ring while simultaneously performing a slam dunk with the basket ball on the hoop. (Wtf am I watching!)
BTE trigger elimates Silver.
Elite-3, Dark Order -1.
Hangman is left alone to face his former friends. This leads to Hangman and Omega exchanging forearms. Hangman kicks out of a v trigger knee attack, double superkick by Bucks, suplex by Omega, triple superkick by Omega and the Bucks. Nick hits a 450 splash on Hangman. Another kickout.
(if this was another wrestling show, it would be the finish but we don't do that here in AEW).
Hangman eventually gains momentum and hits a slingshot lariat which eliminates Matt.
Elite- 2, Dark Order - 1
Omega clobbers Hangman with the belt. Kick out again. Hangman hits the Deadeye reverse piledriver on Omega and proceeds to setup the slingshot lariat before being distracted by Nick. This proves advantageous for Omega as he clobbers Hangman again the title. Yet another kickout!
Omega hits two vicious vtriggers to cranium of Hangman and finally hits the one winged angel.
The Elite win.
The ELITE - 2, Darkorder-0.
(Fast paced, hard hitting with lots of tag moves. Puts over hangman's heart and resiliency. I have a feeling this two will battle for the AEW title again. However,
the near falls and kickouts were over done).

FTW Champion Celebration.
The Betrayal and ousting of Brian Cage by the cowardly charismatic Ricky Starks.
Tazz has gone out of his way to setup a matching band parade for the newly crowned FTW champion, Ricky starks is accompanied to the ring by Tazz's son, Hook. Ricky Starks is one of the promising young stars of AEW. In a promotion more focused on mat skills than promo skills on the mic. This guy clearly stands out from the pack. Ricky
Stated he turned on Brian Cage because, the later wasn't there for him when he broke his neck. The parade however is interrupted by Brian Cage who takes out the matching band members. The rest of Team Tazz flee.

Announcement: The second episode of AEW new show Rampage will be held on 20th August in Second City Saint's home of Chicago.
We cut to Darby Allen and sting. Darby challenges whoever thinks he is the best in the world.

Njpw us title match.
Hikuleo vs Lance Archer.
This match was purposely setup for Archer showcase his destructive prowess against a much more larger foe. We see an undertaker's inspired old school walk across the top rope with a moon sault variation. Followed by a superplex and finisher. Archer wins.
We get promo from njpw icon Hiroshi Tanahashi who steps up for a title shot for the njpw us title. The match will take place in japan.

Darker than Black.
Cody is interviewed backstage for his match next week against Malaika Black. Fka Aleister Black. When suddenly Black attacks Cody . They brawl onstage but Black gains advantage and takes out Cody with a jumping knee strike. This isn't the Black we knew from wwe rather a much twisted version.

Miro Fka Rusev the TNT champion. Cuts a really good promo about how nobody can take away his divine right now that he's motivated by a vengeful God and a double jointed wife. promises a glorious reckoning for his opponent next week.

The Inbetween.
FTR Fka The Revival def Pride n powerful.
Thunder Rosa def Julia Hart.
AEW Women's champion, Brit Baker while injured stated she will be bringing a backup for her matches.
Jon Moxley accuses Tanahashi of avoiding a match with him while he was the njpw us champion.
Andrade interrupted Pac's interview.
Jurassic Express and Christian def HFO. The announcers stated during the match that the undefeated Christian is next in line to challenge for the AEW title.

Main Event:
The labours of jericho chapter 2.
This match is a fallout from the war between two stables. The inner circle led by Jericho and The Pinnacle led by Mjf.
The second of the five part match saga set up by Mjf against jericho. In which jericho must win a set of five weekly matches with varying stipulations in order to face Mjf.
This week Jericho squares off against the death match king Nick Gage with Mjf on commentary.
Match starts with Gage using a pizza cutter to slice up the bicep of jericho. Jericho is pushed face first into ring post and busted open.
Gage grabs light tubes from the ring. Jericho grabs bat in hand and hits gage with it. Gage uses his trusty Pizza cutter to slice across the forehead of Jericho again and again in a gruesome and sadistic manner.
(You won't find this on wwe ND NXT folks,We weep and bleed only on Wednesday nights).
Gage sets up a pane of glass between two chairs and sets jericho underneath before going up the top rope.
Jerichi counters with a hurricana and flips Gage through the glass. (The barbarity!)
Jerichi goes for code breaker but gage counters it into powerbomb on the broken glass shards. Light tubes get broken on the back and the head of Jericho along with pile driver on the broken glassshards. (bwagaadd!) Kickout by jerericho.
A Shank and broken light tubes are carved into the forehead of Jericho. (The man is bleeding buckets).
Jericho sprays black mist in Nick Gage eyes and cracks a bundle of light tubes on the head of Gage before finishing him off with the judas effect elbow.
Jericho wins (This ain't pg).
Mjf proceeds with a post match announcement for the stipulation of third Labour: Next week, a 23year old wcw cruiserweight rivalry is revisted as jerixho goes against Juventud Guerrara. in which the only way Jericho can win is with a top rope maneuver.
Final grade: 3 out of 5 stars. The opening and closing matches more than delivered. However for what was supposed to be a special episode, it felt more like a setup for next week and future episodes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 3:59pm On Jul 29, 2021
samistry:
The Elite( AEW world Champion Kenny Omega, AEW Tag Team champions The young bucks(brothers Matt and Nick Jackson), Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson). Vs
Hangman Page and The Dark Order( Evil Uno, Stu Greyson, John Silver and Alex Reynolds).
This match presents a big opportunity for the Dark Order, should they successfully eliminate all of the elite, then Hangman Page earns a worldheavyweight title match while Evil Uno and Greyson get a tag team title match.
The Elite are geared in space jam inspired jerseys complete with basketballs and rimposts.
The match starts with the usual team brawl to the outside before it settles in the ring. Silver and Reynolds perform a quick fast tag combination attack, resulting in a pin on Gallows which is broken by Karl Anderson.
This leads to a quick roll up on Reynolds by Karl Anderson with hands on tights for cheat support.
Reynolds is eliminated.
Elite-5, Darkorder-4.
K.Anderson finds himself surrounded and being a punching bag for each member of the Dark order, resulting in the fatality tag finisher from Uno and Greyson. K. Anderson eliminated.
Elite-4, Dark Order-4.
Greyson hits a Springboard Twisting body corkscrew to all members of the Elite outside. Gallows and Greyson both continue to fight in the crowd, Greyson also hits a diving splash from the crowd towards Gallows and both men are down. This leads to a double count out and elimination for both men as they are unable to get back in the ring on time.
Elite-3, Dark Order-3.
Evil Uno and Omega square off in the ring, as a diving senton attack from Uno proves costly with knees up by omega followed by vtrigger and one winged angel. (nobody kicks out from that). Evil uno eliminated.
Elite-3, Dark Order-2.
Silver is cornered and isolated by bucks. The bucks being heel goofballs decide to have a little space jam action in the ring as Nick does a basketball dribble in the ring scores a 3 pointer. (Never seen anything like this).
Silver is attacked three on one by the bucks and Omega. The bucks perform a meltzer driver on Silver on the mat floor outside of the ring while simultaneously performing a slam dunk with the basket ball on the hoop. (Wtf am I watching!)
Elite-3, Dark Order -1.
Hangman is left alone to face his former friends. This leads to Hangman and Omega exchanging forearms. Hangman kicks out of a v trigger knee attack, double superkick by Bucks, suplex by Omega, triple superkick by Omega and the Bucks. Nick hits a 450 splash on Hangman. Another kickout.
(if this was another wrestling show, it would be the finish but we don't do that here in AEW).
Hangman eventually gains momentum and hits a slingshot lariat which eliminates Matt.
Elite- 2, Dark Order - 1
Omega clobbers Hangman with the belt. Kick out again. Hangman hits the Deadeye reverse piledriver on Omega and proceeds to setup the slingshot lariat before being distracted by Nick. This proves advantageous for Omega as he clobbers Hangman again the title. Yet another kickout!
Omega hits two vicious vtriggers to cranium of Hangman and finally hits the one winged angel.
The Elite win.
(Fast paced, hard hitting with lots of tag moves. Puts over hangman's heart and resiliency. I have a feeling this two will battle for the AEW title again. However,

The Betrayal and ousting of Brian Cage by the cowardly charismatic Ricky Starks.
Tazz has gone out of his way to setup a matching band parade for the newly crowned FTW champion, Ricky starks is accompanied to the ring by Tazz's son, Hook. Ricky Starks is one of the promising young stars of AEW. In a promotion more focused on mat skills than promo skills on the mic. This guy clearly stands out from the pack. Ricky
Stated he turned on Brian Cage because, the later wasn't there for him when he broke his neck. The parade however is interrupted by Brian Cage who takes out the matching band members. The rest of Team Tazz flee.

Announcement: The second episode of AEW new show Rampage will be held on 20th August in Second City Saint's home of Chicago.
We cut to Darby Allen and sting. Darby challenges whoever thinks he is the best in the world.

Njpw us title match.
Hikuleo vs Lance Archer.
This match was purposely setup for Archer showcase his destructive prowess against a much more larger foe. We see an undertaker's inspired old school walk across the top rope with a moon sault variation. Followed by a superplex and finisher. Archer wins.
We get promo from njpw icon Hiroshi Tanahashi who steps up for a title shot for the njpw us title. The match will take place in japan.

Darker than Black.
Cody is interviewed backstage for his match next week against Malaika Black. Fka Aleister Black. When suddenly Black attacks Cody . They brawl onstage but Black gains advantage and takes out Cody with a jumping knee strike. This isn't the Black we knew from wwe rather a much twisted version.

Miro Fka Rusev the TNT champion. Cuts a really good promo about how nobody can take away his divine right now that he's motivated by a vengeful God and a double jointed wife. promises a glorious reckoning for his opponent next week.

The Inbetween.
AEW Women's champion, Brit Baker while injured stated she will be bringing a backup for her matches.
Jon Moxley accuses Tanahashi of avoiding a match with him while he was the njpw us champion.
Jurassic Express and Christian def HFO. The announcers stated during the match that the undefeated Christian is next in line to challenge for the AEW title.

Main Event:
This match is a fallout from the war between two stables. The inner circle led by Jericho and The Pinnacle led by Mjf.
The second of the five part match saga set up by Mjf against jericho. In which jericho must win a set of five weekly matches with varying stipulations in order to face Mjf.
This week Jericho squares off against the death match king Nick Gage with Mjf on commentary.
Match starts with Gage using a pizza cutter to slice up the bicep of jericho. Jericho is pushed face first into ring post and busted open.
Gage grabs light tubes from the ring. Jericho grabs bat in hand and hits gage with it. Gage uses his trusty Pizza cutter to slice across the forehead of Jericho again and again in a gruesome and sadistic manner.
(You won't find this on wwe ND NXT folks,We weep and bleed only on Wednesday nights).
Gage sets up a pane of glass between two chairs and sets jericho underneath before going up the top rope.
Jerichi counters with a hurricana and flips Gage through the glass. (The barbarity!)
Jerichi goes for code breaker but gage counters it into powerbomb on the broken glass shards. Light tubes get broken on the back and the head of Jericho along with pile driver on the broken glassshards. (bwagaadd!) Kickout by jerericho.
A Shank and broken light tubes are carved into the forehead of Jericho. (The man is bleeding buckets).
Jericho sprays black mist in Nick Gage eyes and cracks a bundle of light tubes on the head of Gage before finishing him off with the judas effect elbow.
Mjf proceeds with a post match announcement for the stipulation of third Labour: Next week, a 23year old wcw cruiserweight rivalry is revisted as jerixho goes against Juventud Guerrara. in which the only way Jericho can win is with a top rope maneuver.
Final grade: 3 out of 5 stars. The opening and closing matches more than delivered. However for what was supposed to be a special episode, it felt more like a setup for next week and future episodes.

Holy shit, you did it man cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 4:10pm On Jul 29, 2021
Can't believe Chris Jericho is 50 years old, man is built different
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by samistry(m): 6:24pm On Jul 29, 2021
Big ups to u purple, doing this review ain't easy. I don't knw how u put up with three per week.

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 6:58pm On Jul 29, 2021
samistry:
Big ups to u purple, doing this review ain't easy. I don't knw how u put up with three per week.

Nah man, you really got this bro...you did more than good ..a huge W for this thread

I see you bro

2 Likes

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 7:50pm On Jul 29, 2021
Finally AEW updates. Thanks boss.
samistry:
Reynolds is eliminated.
Elite-5, Darkorder-4.
Elite-4, Dark Order-4.
Elite-3, Dark Order-3.
Elite-3, Dark Order-2.
Elite-3, Dark Order -1.
Elite- 2, Dark Order - 1
The Elite win.

Njpw us title match.
Hikuleo vs Lance Archer.

Darker than Black.

The Inbetween.

Main Event:

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:21pm On Jul 29, 2021
ValeeLove:
Finally AEW updates. Thanks boss.

Now you can feast grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:46pm On Jul 30, 2021
Why do I have a strong feeling that this won't go as planned grin

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Nezzjnr: 6:36am On Jul 31, 2021
pu7pl3:
Why do I have a strong feeling that this won't go as planned grin
And you were right

By the way AEW might push WWE off the radar in few years time.... Vince is just an ego maniac
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by samistry(m): 7:06am On Jul 31, 2021
Nah wwe has gone too big to fail.
Nezzjnr:

And you were right

By the way AEW might push WWE off the radar in few years time.... Vince is just an ego maniac
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Nezzjnr: 7:07am On Jul 31, 2021
samistry:
Nah wwe has gone too big to fail.
They should start calling their A list wrestlers
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:47am On Jul 31, 2021
WWE SMACKDOWN REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

What Contract?
So, when I saw that John Cena was coming back to be in the Universal championship match, I was really excited about it.
Cena getting to go all out with this version of Reigns, not the heavily scripted to his eyeballs Reigns from 2017, was a major selling point for me.
We’re still going to get that, and I’m excited for that.
... just less so now.
Last week, Finn Balor surprised us and came out to challenge Reigns for a match for the Universal championship and a bunch of ideas popped into my head of how this would happen. The big question - how would Cena fit in?
Well, after this show, the real question I should have been asking is, how could I be stupid enough to fall for this?
WWE’s Twitter announced that there would be a contract signing for Balor and Reigns for SummerSlam a few hours before the show. I was immediately intrigued thinking that Cena had to get involved somehow.
So Cena started the show and more penis stuff was flung around, and all of a sudden Baron Corbin came out begging for money. Cena gave him a few bucks and wasn’t keen on making Corbin a stunt double, and Corbin whined and pouted.
So Cena gave him an Attitude Adjustment. Standard stuff.
Reigns and Balor entered the ring for their contract signing, and Reigns made an excellent point that I did not think would come to fruition the way it did.
Reigns said that Cena thinks Balor is a lesser man than him, but Reigns doesn’t think that at all. He actually put Balor over really nicely, saying he thinks he’s worthy to challenge for the Universal championship. But if he did sign the contract, he’s going to smash him and send him right back to NXT.
And right as Balor was about to sign the contract, Corbin surprised us and took Balor out. And then Cena came back out and took Corbin out and signed the contract where it said “Finn Balor” on the dotted line.
Paul Heyman went to Adam Pearce and Sonya Deville to rightfully complain, and they just said that they see a signature there so the match with Cena is official.
Um... huh?
What was the point of bringing Balor into this? It was a bait and switch, and the fact that they’re making a “legally binding contract” with the wrong signature a legitimate thing is just... come on, man.
I didn’t need that. Finn didn’t need that. The crowd wanting Corbin to sign the contract was phenomenal by the way, This is Corbin finally getting over organically. A nice sight to behold
So now it looks like Balor will be feuding with Corbin. Sorry, Finn. Welcome back to the main roster! Maybe you’ll get a title shot after SummerSlam

The Boss is back!
Welp.
Sasha Banks returned to make the save for Bianca Belair on a two on one beatdown by Zelina Vega and Carmella.
Carmella wanted a another title shot and Vega told her to hit the bricks. Belair accepted Vega’s challenge and then they both just beat up on her. Out came Banks and a tag team match was made for the main event.
We ALL knew what was coming.
But for some reason, Belair happily accepted Banks back into her life. To her credit, she did look confused at first. I just don’t get why that confusion turned into immediate trust for the match.
After said match, Belair and Banks celebrated their win and all was seemingly going well for the champion.
The champion forgot who she was in the ring with.
The crowd was electric for Banks’ return and followed swiftly with a shower of boos as she hit the Bank Statement on an unsuspecting Belair.
Man did she solidify that turn holding onto Belair’s head in that crossface. The boos were great.
I feel weird that Bianca was made to just forget everything about Sasha and look silly not thinking that Sasha would turn on her in a heartbeat. But this is going to be a great match at SummerSlam.

The Rest
Rollins is a mad man
Well that escalated quickly. Edge came out to talk to us and during the commercial break, Seth Rollins attacked him. Rollins was incensed at Edge taking the opportunity away from him. I love that this is has made Rollins so incredibly upset that he isn’t even wanting to fight Edge, he just wants to murder him, like Randy Orton last year. I have been digging this version of Rollins’ character. The transition out of the “Messiah” gimmick has worked very well for him. I am very much looking forward to this SummerSlam bout.

Rey Mysterio defeated Jimmy Uso
Mysterio’s flying moves are still a delight to see after all these years. Jimmy looked vicious with that neck spot into the top turnbuckle. Mysterio countered the superplex and man did he pick up the pace with the senton flying off the ropes. Very smart finish with Dominik holding his father in place away from the referee’s eyes, mirroring what the Usos did to them. Yes we have champions losing here (not surprising anymore) but it fit with the story. So more than likely I see this rematch at SummerSlam.

Big E, Cesaro, and Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Apollo Crews and the Dirty Dawgs
Cesaro had a really great 10 swing to Dolph Ziggler but Ziggler was able to halt King Nakamura’s momentum with a zig zag. It was so interesting to see all these people who have had history together in the ring at once. Big E and Ziggler, Cesaro and Nakamura, brought me back to the past. Nakamura pinning the Intercontinental champion gives me a title match vibe between them, but where does Big E go if they do that?

Reggie defeated Chad Gable via disqualification
This is the first time that the 24/7 title made an appearance on SmackDown since the blue brand moved to FOX. Reggie (formerly Reginald) had himself a nice outing with Chad Gable. They did a nice tease to make us think that Otis would be the challenger. But Otis was the reason why the disqualification happened. A disqualification in a 24/7 title match seems odd, but I can forgive it since it was an actual match, and not a bunch of roll ups.

Hey Raphael Varane - I know you had that contract for Man U but HAHA looks like MY NAME is on the contract now. SUCKER!

Grade: B-

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (298) (Reply)

Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' / ARROW and THE FLASH fan page....... / Top 15 Nollywood Stars Who Have Passed Away In Recent Years

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 181
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.