Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,331 members, 7,850,190 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:05 PM

Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House - TV/Movies (247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House (294430 Views)

Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread / Nigerians Storm Gotv Facebook Page Over WWE / Rachel Johnson Goes Topless On Live TV Show During Brexit Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (298) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Fro5t: 2:48pm On Jan 29, 2022
Something in me just feels that Bayley will return at the Rumble. I fit use shout wake the whole building if it happens.

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 6:51pm On Jan 29, 2022
Fro5t:
Even if I'm not able to catch the whole show, I must find a way to watch Trick's segments. The dude is a whole vibe

I swear bro...the guy is good

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 6:52pm On Jan 29, 2022
Fro5t:
Something in me just feels that Bayley will return at the Rumble. I fit use shout wake the whole building if it happens.
ding dong grin

I've missed her

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Debroslink: 7:21am On Jan 30, 2022
Same old same old. WWE keeps recycling old stars at the detriment of current stars.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 8:52am On Jan 30, 2022
can't believe I stayed up all night to watch this drab
[img]https://c./ae1RbhIVMLgAAAAC/shet-shit.gif[/img]
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Jokerman(m): 9:39am On Jan 30, 2022
It was a rubbish rumble this year.... thabk God I slept off at 3am before doudrop and becky match...
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 10:09am On Jan 30, 2022
Qu3sT:
can't believe I started up all night to watch this drab
[img]https://c./ae1RbhIVMLgAAAAC/shet-shit.gif[/img]
Meeehhhnnn! I've seen better battle royals on Raw.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 10:37am On Jan 30, 2022
Kaycee7:
Meeehhhnnn! I've seen better battle royals on Raw.
The women's rumble was sh1t and it was still better than whatever the men's rumble was. omo, no fit even post highlights sef.....dey make person vex

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Gidah: 10:39am On Jan 30, 2022
Just watching th highlight and haven't saw the men rumble yet but the women own was ok except I thought the elimination of Charlotte was fast .

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:45am On Jan 30, 2022
WWE ROYAL RUMBLE 2022 REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

Friend of Foe
I wondered why Roman Reigns entered the match first. Not only is it the champion’s honor to arrive second, but he’s Roman Reigns; he’s the damn Head of the Table! Then that familiar little Jim Johnston ditty echoed throughout the St. Louis arena, and the crowd went nuts. Seth Rollins, decked in Shield drip, entered the ring from the crowd, firmly setting himself up as the Joker to Roman’s Batman. Seth is firmly in Roman’s head and this was his way to cash in on that fact.
And I dug every second.
Rollins controlled this match from the opening ding. Seth countered a Superman Punch on the outside of the ring and turned it into a power bomb onto the commentary table, The Shield’s signature move. Every move Seth did was a matter of psychological warfare. Whether it was the bomb to the table, the frog splash, the buckle bomb, and, of course, the constant maniacal laughing.
Seth wanted to break Roman and for a while, it looked like that just wasn’t going to happen. No matter what Seth did, Roman didn’t give in and didn’t go down for the count. In a very poetic moment, Seth countered a spear with a pedigree, which has all of the subtlety of a sledgehammer. But it was great for the story and made better by the fact Roman kicked out. It was Triple H’s manipulation of Seth that led to the end of The Shield. Kicking out of that pedigree, and withstanding all of Seth’s Architect-era moves, was Roman fighting the past and doing his best to win.
But here’s the thing about chasing or even fighting ghosts: It’s impossible to win. Seth won this match the minute he showed up in tactical gear because he showed the Tribal Chief has cracks in his armor. The final crack reared its ugly head when Seth extended his hand for a fist bump while laughing in the face of his “brother.” From there, it was the guillotine choke and it seemed academic at that point.
Now, we can question Charles Robinson’s role in Seth reaching the ropes, but that’s not the main story here. Roman was DQ’d for not breaking the hold, yelling to the crowd to boo him because Seth “deserves this.”
The story took another turn when Roman finally let go of a lifeless Rollins and grabbed a chair. It was time for payback, even if it was a few years late. But hey, revenge is a dish best served cold, right? Roman nailed Seth in the back with a chair in the same manner Seth did to Roman all those moons ago.
And he wouldn’t stop. Roman gave Seth more hits than Bad Boy in the ‘90s. Even when it looked like he was done, he grabbed another chair and continued playing the hits. The man actually broke the back of the chair.
Roman, mercifully, grabbed his belt, and walked out of the arena talking to himself. Seth is living rent free in the Universal champion’s clearly crowded head.
This? This thing right here? This is a story. While the DQ finish might elicit groans because WWE goes to this well way too much, it’s the right move. A great match with an even better story that’s just getting started. This is a version of Reigns nobody knew existed. The champ is unsure of himself, erratic, and anything but dispassionate.
Rollins, typical of the Joker, is pushing Roman by making a mockery of everything his former friend holds dear. The Shield? A joke. Paul Heyman? Also a joke. The Bloodline? So many chuckles.
Family and loyalty are punchlines for Seth. Weaponizing them against Roman is smart, especially when Paul is no longer in his corner and we question if Roman’s dominance is partly due to having his cousins in his corner at all times.
Seth and Roman had my curiosity. Now, they have my attention. Pretend I used the Calvin Candie gif from Django Unchained.
As a brief aside—trust me, very brief—it was weird St. Louis was in the bag for Seth. He’s the guy who broke up the fan favorite group and has no scruples about exploiting his past villainy. By all accounts, Roman is the good guy here, or at the least, the person we can relate to the most. Weird. But I digress.

Betrayal
Roman Reigns—that guy again—and Paul Heyman played Brock Lesnar. At least that’s how it seems at the moment. And I really hope that’s the story they go with because it takes this entire Roman Reigns saga to another level of dope that I didn’t think was possible.
Before we even get to that finish, let’s talk about the few minutes before. And yes, it’s just a few minutes. Brock and Bobby Lashley engaged in anything you can suplex, I can suplex better. This was two MMA guys having a fight. Everything looked good for the WWE champion until Lashley slapped that Hurt Lock on him. Lesnar used their combined body weight—which I believe is two metric tons—to break up the hold and put Bobby in the F-5.
Oh but wait. The referee was in the way! With the ref out of commission, Reigns makes his way to the ring and spears the champ. After engaging in a brief stare session with the man he once called “wiseman,” Reigns motioned for the belt. And to the surprise of everyone in the arena, Heyman obliged.
This is wrestling so you know what happened from here. The second ref hits the ring, apparently missing Roman hitting Lesnar with the belt, and counts three as Bobby pinned Lesnar in their first-ever contest. If not for Roman and Paul, the big story here is the return of the All Mighty Era. But, yeah, this is all about the Tribal Chief, his counsel, and the Beast.
The match itself was okay. Brock and Lashley don’t work the best together and Lashley took those suplex bumps type awkwardly. As it was the case for most of last year and the first month of 2022, the WWE championship is secondary. Lashley’s big moment is the inciting incident for more Roman, Paul, and Brock.
On one hand, that sucks. Especially since Lashley looked weak even getting that win. On the other hand? It’s still the most compelling story in all of professional sports entertainment wrestling. SmackDown is must-see TV this week.

Rowdy, Rowdy
Prior to Ronda’s theme hitting the arena speakers, this was a semi-entertaining Rumble. Not every return worked—why did Melina do her split gimmick once Sasha eliminated her?—but it was a cool mix of nostalgia (shoutout to Ivory. RTC for life!), returning to old feuds (Michelle McCool and Mickie James), and furthering current stories. Rhea Ripley let Nikki A.S.H. distract her like we all predicted, but it didn’t cost her the match.
Sonya Deville not only eliminated a returning Cameron to mess with Naomi, but made sure Naomi’s 2022 highlight reel will not feature her defying gravity and avoiding elimination. We even got Mickie James sporting her Impact championship, accompanied by her Impact music and referenced as the Impact Women’s champion. That was probably the coolest moment of the night, and well-deserved.
But you’re here to talk about the winner. Eventually, it came down to Shayna Baszler, Charlotte Flair, Bianca Belair, and Ronda Rousey. We got a brief interaction between Shayna and Ronda broken up by, you guessed it, Charlotte. Eventually, Bianca and Shayna set eyes on each other while forgetting the other two women in the ring. Charlotte took advantage and threw them both out, much to the dismay of The EST.
From there, we got a very anticlimactic ending as Charlotte went at Ronda like the Hulk going towards a building, and Ronda simply tossed her out.
There were fun moments, but the match was filled with too many legends to create actual suspense. Ignoring the fact that Ronda’s music telegraphed the ending, but no one believes in their heart of hearts that any of those other surprise entrants have a shot at winning. Meaning the Rumble is missing one of its best ingredients: Suspense.
In the end, Ronda is getting her title shot and more than likely, her opponent is Charlotte. I’m not excited but maybe they’ll change my mind between now and then. Maybe.

Here We Go Again
Let’s not mince words here. And by “let’s” I mean “me.” The Men’s Rumble was not very good. Competent? Sure. They’re seasoned pros at this whole wrestling thing. But the match was boring and indicative of a larger problem within WWE. Outside of Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns, most of the roster are treated like mid-carders. Even when they’re supposedly main event staples. As a result, the place that used to be “where anything can happen” is more predictable than a rerun.
My issue isn’t with Brock winning; it’s with the fact it was predictable that no one else in that match posed even the slightest threat to Brock. Anyone shouting about Drew McIntyre needs to kill that noise. Despite beating Brock for the WWE championship, Drew’s position on the roster is just like everyone else’s. The same goes for Big E, the man who was WWE champ all of 5 minutes ago, and is now treated like just a body. WWE didn’t present anyone else on the roster as viable a option to win.
And rather than use the final spots to put someone young and upcoming over, the men standing were RK-Bro, Brock Lesnar, SHANE MCMAHON and...BAD BUNNY. There’s barely anyone young left for them to put over since they tossed everyone to the bushes due to budget cuts, and they devalued guys like Big E and AJ Styles by putting the boss’s son and a musician in the final standoff.
The boss’s son and a musician.
The Rumble itself isn’t worth talking about because it was just there. They didn’t even give us the Rey Mysterio and Dominik interaction they teased for two weeks! Did that make or break the thing? No, but it shows the level of neglect here with doing anything remotely interesting.
The Roman and Brock story is a great one, no argument here. But the fact we’re doing these two dudes again at yet another WrestleMania says more about WWE’s structural and creative problems. For *counts on fingers* seven years now, WWE made these two the only people we should truly care about. That’s seven years not building up anyone on that level on your roster. Seven years of creative bankruptcy, and seven years of openly admitting the last time you truly created someone big enough to hold it down with your current big star was 20 years ago.
If that’s not a problem, then the people at Webster need to redefine it in the dictionary.

Came Back For You
Doudrop isn’t over. WWE cut her legs out from under her early. But losing so many matches to Bianca Belair did her no favors. The fact that Becky did all she could to avoid Bianca but had no issue taking on Doudrop was also the big tell.
And that’s a shame because the match was solid. Putting this match right after the Women’s Rumble was a bad idea. No one believed Doudrop had an actual chance and the way WWE told the story to this point, they were 1000 percent correct.
That said, both women came to play. The story in question: Can Becky Lynch find a way to win against someone of Doudrop’s stature and power. For 99 percent of the match, the answer was an empathic “nah.” Doudrop was immune to all of Becky’s usual tricks, including the Dis-Arm-Her. Becky’s first Manhandle Slam attempt had no chance in hell of working, so she improvised when it looked like she was ready to take an L.
Doudrop climbed the top rope, Becky cuts her off, and then, finally, nails the Manhandle Slam to put her challenger away.
Solid match! But no one was into it and I confess, even I found it hard to sit through, despite the good work from both women.
Becky moves on to find her Mania dance partner and Doudrop? Only Vince McMahon knows the answer to that.

The Rest
You’re All I Need
Maryse is underrated. The former champ was the MVP of this match, working when she was in the ring and working even harder when she was outside of the ring. There’s not much to analyze or say about this match. It was fun! Seeing Beth in the ring was great. Seeing Beth powerbomb Miz was even better. Edge and Beth got the win with twin Glam Slams, and everyone went home happy.

Royal Rumble started hot. It actually started great. And it was all downhill from there. Despite the great opening, the solid women’s championship match, and the fun tag match, the main attractions of the show failed to deliver. I was unsatisfied and there’s only one grade I can think of associated with an unsatisfactory feeling.

Grade: D

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 12:17pm On Jan 30, 2022
Pu7pl3, I actually thought it was obvious that Ronda will be challenging Becky
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 2:53pm On Jan 30, 2022
Kaycee7:
nope, she'll most likely challenge Charlotte......becky will likely face bianca.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by luizpippo(m): 3:11pm On Jan 30, 2022
pu7pl3:
WWE ROYAL RUMBLE 2022 REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

Friend of Foe
I wondered why Roman Reigns entered the match first. Not only is it the champion’s honor to arrive second, but he’s Roman Reigns; he’s the damn Head of the Table! Then that familiar little Jim Johnston ditty echoed throughout the St. Louis arena, and the crowd went nuts. Seth Rollins, decked in Shield drip, entered the ring from the crowd, firmly setting himself up as the Joker to Roman’s Batman. Seth is firmly in Roman’s head and this was his way to cash in on that fact.
And I dug every second.
Rollins controlled this match from the opening ding. Seth countered a Superman Punch on the outside of the ring and turned it into a power bomb onto the commentary table, The Shield’s signature move. Every move Seth did was a matter of psychological warfare. Whether it was the bomb to the table, the frog splash, the buckle bomb, and, of course, the constant maniacal laughing.
Seth wanted to break Roman and for a while, it looked like that just wasn’t going to happen. No matter what Seth did, Roman didn’t give in and didn’t go down for the count. In a very poetic moment, Seth countered a spear with a pedigree, which has all of the subtlety of a sledgehammer. But it was great for the story and made better by the fact Roman kicked out. It was Triple H’s manipulation of Seth that led to the end of The Shield. Kicking out of that pedigree, and withstanding all of Seth’s Architect-era moves, was Roman fighting the past and doing his best to win.
But here’s the thing about chasing or even fighting ghosts: It’s impossible to win. Seth won this match the minute he showed up in tactical gear because he showed the Tribal Chief has cracks in his armor. The final crack reared its ugly head when Seth extended his hand for a fist bump while laughing in the face of his “brother.” From there, it was the guillotine choke and it seemed academic at that point.
Now, we can question Charles Robinson’s role in Seth reaching the ropes, but that’s not the main story here. Roman was DQ’d for not breaking the hold, yelling to the crowd to boo him because Seth “deserves this.”
The story took another turn when Roman finally let go of a lifeless Rollins and grabbed a chair. It was time for payback, even if it was a few years late. But hey, revenge is a dish best served cold, right? Roman nailed Seth in the back with a chair in the same manner Seth did to Roman all those moons ago.
And he wouldn’t stop. Roman gave Seth more hits than Bad Boy in the ‘90s. Even when it looked like he was done, he grabbed another chair and continued playing the hits. The man actually broke the back of the chair.
Roman, mercifully, grabbed his belt, and walked out of the arena talking to himself. Seth is living rent free in the Universal champion’s clearly crowded head.
This? This thing right here? This is a story. While the DQ finish might elicit groans because WWE goes to this well way too much, it’s the right move. A great match with an even better story that’s just getting started. This is a version of Reigns nobody knew existed. The champ is unsure of himself, erratic, and anything but dispassionate.
Rollins, typical of the Joker, is pushing Roman by making a mockery of everything his former friend holds dear. The Shield? A joke. Paul Heyman? Also a joke. The Bloodline? So many chuckles.
Family and loyalty are punchlines for Seth. Weaponizing them against Roman is smart, especially when Paul is no longer in his corner and we question if Roman’s dominance is partly due to having his cousins in his corner at all times.
Seth and Roman had my curiosity. Now, they have my attention. Pretend I used the Calvin Candie gif from Django Unchained.
As a brief aside—trust me, very brief—it was weird St. Louis was in the bag for Seth. He’s the guy who broke up the fan favorite group and has no scruples about exploiting his past villainy. By all accounts, Roman is the good guy here, or at the least, the person we can relate to the most. Weird. But I digress.

Betrayal
Roman Reigns—that guy again—and Paul Heyman played Brock Lesnar. At least that’s how it seems at the moment. And I really hope that’s the story they go with because it takes this entire Roman Reigns saga to another level of dope that I didn’t think was possible.
Before we even get to that finish, let’s talk about the few minutes before. And yes, it’s just a few minutes. Brock and Bobby Lashley engaged in anything you can suplex, I can suplex better. This was two MMA guys having a fight. Everything looked good for the WWE champion until Lashley slapped that Hurt Lock on him. Lesnar used their combined body weight—which I believe is two metric tons—to break up the hold and put Bobby in the F-5.
Oh but wait. The referee was in the way! With the ref out of commission, Reigns makes his way to the ring and spears the champ. After engaging in a brief stare session with the man he once called “wiseman,” Reigns motioned for the belt. And to the surprise of everyone in the arena, Heyman obliged.
This is wrestling so you know what happened from here. The second ref hits the ring, apparently missing Roman hitting Lesnar with the belt, and counts three as Bobby pinned Lesnar in their first-ever contest. If not for Roman and Paul, the big story here is the return of the All Mighty Era. But, yeah, this is all about the Tribal Chief, his counsel, and the Beast.
The match itself was okay. Brock and Lashley don’t work the best together and Lashley took those suplex bumps type awkwardly. As it was the case for most of last year and the first month of 2022, the WWE championship is secondary. Lashley’s big moment is the inciting incident for more Roman, Paul, and Brock.
On one hand, that sucks. Especially since Lashley looked weak even getting that win. On the other hand? It’s still the most compelling story in all of professional sports entertainment wrestling. SmackDown is must-see TV this week.

Rowdy, Rowdy
Prior to Ronda’s theme hitting the arena speakers, this was a semi-entertaining Rumble. Not every return worked—why did Melina do her split gimmick once Sasha eliminated her?—but it was a cool mix of nostalgia (shoutout to Ivory. RTC for life!), returning to old feuds (Michelle McCool and Mickie James), and furthering current stories. Rhea Ripley let Nikki A.S.H. distract her like we all predicted, but it didn’t cost her the match.
Sonya Deville not only eliminated a returning Cameron to mess with Naomi, but made sure Naomi’s 2022 highlight reel will not feature her defying gravity and avoiding elimination. We even got Mickie James sporting her Impact championship, accompanied by her Impact music and referenced as the Impact Women’s champion. That was probably the coolest moment of the night, and well-deserved.
But you’re here to talk about the winner. Eventually, it came down to Shayna Baszler, Charlotte Flair, Bianca Belair, and Ronda Rousey. We got a brief interaction between Shayna and Ronda broken up by, you guessed it, Charlotte. Eventually, Bianca and Shayna set eyes on each other while forgetting the other two women in the ring. Charlotte took advantage and threw them both out, much to the dismay of The EST.
From there, we got a very anticlimactic ending as Charlotte went at Ronda like the Hulk going towards a building, and Ronda simply tossed her out.
There were fun moments, but the match was filled with too many legends to create actual suspense. Ignoring the fact that Ronda’s music telegraphed the ending, but no one believes in their heart of hearts that any of those other surprise entrants have a shot at winning. Meaning the Rumble is missing one of its best ingredients: Suspense.
In the end, Ronda is getting her title shot and more than likely, her opponent is Charlotte. I’m not excited but maybe they’ll change my mind between now and then. Maybe.

Here We Go Again
Let’s not mince words here. And by “let’s” I mean “me.” The Men’s Rumble was not very good. Competent? Sure. They’re seasoned pros at this whole wrestling thing. But the match was boring and indicative of a larger problem within WWE. Outside of Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns, most of the roster are treated like mid-carders. Even when they’re supposedly main event staples. As a result, the place that used to be “where anything can happen” is more predictable than a rerun.
My issue isn’t with Brock winning; it’s with the fact it was predictable that no one else in that match posed even the slightest threat to Brock. Anyone shouting about Drew McIntyre needs to kill that noise. Despite beating Brock for the WWE championship, Drew’s position on the roster is just like everyone else’s. The same goes for Big E, the man who was WWE champ all of 5 minutes ago, and is now treated like just a body. WWE didn’t present anyone else on the roster as viable a option to win.
And rather than use the final spots to put someone young and upcoming over, the men standing were RK-Bro, Brock Lesnar, SHANE MCMAHON and...BAD BUNNY. There’s barely anyone young left for them to put over since they tossed everyone to the bushes due to budget cuts, and they devalued guys like Big E and AJ Styles by putting the boss’s son and a musician in the final standoff.
The boss’s son and a musician.
The Rumble itself isn’t worth talking about because it was just there. They didn’t even give us the Rey Mysterio and Dominik interaction they teased for two weeks! Did that make or break the thing? No, but it shows the level of neglect here with doing anything remotely interesting.
The Roman and Brock story is a great one, no argument here. But the fact we’re doing these two dudes again at yet another WrestleMania says more about WWE’s structural and creative problems. For *counts on fingers* seven years now, WWE made these two the only people we should truly care about. That’s seven years not building up anyone on that level on your roster. Seven years of creative bankruptcy, and seven years of openly admitting the last time you truly created someone big enough to hold it down with your current big star was 20 years ago.
If that’s not a problem, then the people at Webster need to redefine it in the dictionary.

Came Back For You
Doudrop isn’t over. WWE cut her legs out from under her early. But losing so many matches to Bianca Belair did her no favors. The fact that Becky did all she could to avoid Bianca but had no issue taking on Doudrop was also the big tell.
And that’s a shame because the match was solid. Putting this match right after the Women’s Rumble was a bad idea. No one believed Doudrop had an actual chance and the way WWE told the story to this point, they were 1000 percent correct.
That said, both women came to play. The story in question: Can Becky Lynch find a way to win against someone of Doudrop’s stature and power. For 99 percent of the match, the answer was an empathic “nah.” Doudrop was immune to all of Becky’s usual tricks, including the Dis-Arm-Her. Becky’s first Manhandle Slam attempt had no chance in hell of working, so she improvised when it looked like she was ready to take an L.
Doudrop climbed the top rope, Becky cuts her off, and then, finally, nails the Manhandle Slam to put her challenger away.
Solid match! But no one was into it and I confess, even I found it hard to sit through, despite the good work from both women.
Becky moves on to find her Mania dance partner and Doudrop? Only Vince McMahon knows the answer to that.

The Rest
You’re All I Need
Maryse is underrated. The former champ was the MVP of this match, working when she was in the ring and working even harder when she was outside of the ring. There’s not much to analyze or say about this match. It was fun! Seeing Beth in the ring was great. Seeing Beth powerbomb Miz was even better. Edge and Beth got the win with twin Glam Slams, and everyone went home happy.

Royal Rumble started hot. It actually started great. And it was all downhill from there. Despite the great opening, the solid women’s championship match, and the fun tag match, the main attractions of the show failed to deliver. I was unsatisfied and there’s only one grade I can think of associated with an unsatisfactory feeling.

Grade: D

The Heyman-Lesnar betrayal i talked about.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:10pm On Jan 30, 2022
Kaycee7:

Nah, I think it's Charlotte but WWE can change gears anytime so I'm not banking on it too
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:12pm On Jan 30, 2022
luizpippo:

The Heyman-Lesnar betrayal i talked about.

yes, you talked about it
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 10:19pm On Jan 31, 2022
PW insider is reporting that Riddle was scheduled to win the Rumble. Randy was also scheduled since it was his home town, but he refused and pushed for Riddle to win instead to start his singles main event push. Brock apparently didn't like Riddle so had himself win it.
The decision for the Royal Rumble winner was changed more than 20 times on the event day. Nawa for WWE creatives o. Vince desperatly needs Jerry Briscoe and Pat Patterson by his side again.

Other reports are Lashley is scheduled to defend the WWE championship in an Elimination Chamber match in Saudi Arabia.

Ronda is scheduled to face Charlotte at WrestleMania.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 11:00pm On Jan 31, 2022
JEFF HARDY DRUG TEST WAS NEGATIVE.

I don't know if you guys heard the news, it's really shocking, but Jeff tested Negative to the drug test. His goofy behaviour at the live event was due to him hitting his head(so I heard) while wrestling. He also claimed to have left the live event cause he was fed up with WWE. His results came out negative weeks after the incident and WWE refused talking about it and tried persuading Jeff to return with John Laurenitis offering him a HOF induction. Jeff simply rejected the offer because he knew he was clean and WWE embarrassed him publicly, daunting his image and firing him.
I heard something about law suits against the WWE coming up.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 11:04pm On Jan 31, 2022
Kurt Angle will return soon.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:43am On Feb 01, 2022
WWE RAW REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

LITA IS BACK
No clever headline here. Becky Lynch needed an opponent for Elimination Chamber, Lita needed something to do. Sometimes in WWE, simple arithmetic still works.
But before we get to that, let’s talk about how we got here. Ronda Rousey made her way to the ring to tell us all whom she will face at WrestleMania. She cut the blandest of bland promos with a scowl on her face while doing her best to hide the smile she wanted to crack as the fans chanted her name.
According to Ronda, “Rebecca” is beneath her but she’s torn. After saying Rebecca’s name so many times, Becky came to the ring because of course she did. After a very brief back and forth between the two, Ronda put the champ on her back and kinda threatened to put her in a submission. I say kinda because Becky’s look of shock and amusement said otherwise. Ronda told Becky—and us—that she’ll have her answer on Friday.
I hate when WWE does this. When you tell me someone is coming to Raw to make an announcement, let them make the announcement. They told us Brock Lesnar was coming to Raw to announce his WrestleMania opponent. I don’t think anyone passed out when he said Roman Reigns, but at least he said something.
Anyway, Ronda exited the ring and while Becky complained about Rousey’s rude behavior, a familiar early 2000s Rock tune played over the arena speakers.
Lita came to the ring, commiserated with Becky on the way Ronda treated her, and even called Lynch the GOAT. Becky returned the favor by telling the WWE legend how much she admired her back in the day and still thinks the world of her now.
That last part might change in a few weeks because Lita challenged Becky to a Raw Women’s championship match at Elimination Chamber. Lita actually goaded Becky, lauding her for never backing down from a challenge and then issuing one of her own. Becky was flustered but had to accept.
So at the “live premium event” none of us want to see or even think about, we’re getting Lita and Becky Lynch. On one hand, that sounds great. On the other, it says a lot about the Women’s division that this is even a thing.
But that’s WWE these days: You take the good with the bad and accept they’re way more intertwined than they ever should be.

Phenomenal...That’s All
AJ Styles and Rey Mysterio. Those names are pretty important in the history of this thing we love. Their resumes are longer than the time it takes me to find the perfect analogy to end this sentence. AND, they’re both WWE 2K cover wrestlers! It’s only fitting that two guys with that much clout wrestle each other for the last spot in the Elimination Chamber next month.
Shocker, and stop me if this isn’t news, they put on a great match worthy of their talents and the prize at the end of the ding ding.
What I liked most is when they knew each other’s moves so well. AJ knew a 619 was coming so he ducked it and hit the top rope for a Phenomenal Forearm. Rey, also a smart vet, knew what was coming and ducked because duh. The funniest moment was the way AJ simply sat up in the most lackadaisical way possible to dodge Rey’s high risk maneuver. The match was that easy for both dudes. The tempo and tenor was just perfect.
There was a moment when AJ styles attempted the Styles Clash from the top rope. I say attempted because Rey escaped and the match continued. But there was something Rey did a lot of throughout the bout: Climbed those ropes. Damn near every chance he got, Rey ascended to the top to hit AJ with something.
Then came the moment when he tried one more time, landing on Styles’ chest. But rather than get the pin attempt, AJ rolled through and finally nailed the Styles Clash that alluded him twice before. Like the match itself, it was a smooth transition and perfect.
This was a great match and easily the best of the qualifiers. Watch it as soon as you can.

The Rest
Beastly Elimination Chamber
Brock Lesnar and Bobby Lashley set off Raw this week. Not in a match, although Brock came prepared to fight, but in a battle of words. Lashley crowed about his W over Brock but let Adam Peace know how angry he is about the fact he’s defending his title in the Elimination Chamber in a couple weeks.
Brock acknowledged Lashley...kinda..and told the champ that his match with Reigns at WrestleMania will be a title vs. title match. How? He wanted to fight Lashley right there for the title. But Adam Pearce decided to put Brock in the Elimination Chamber instead.
I don’t know bout you but I’m already prepping for a Brock Lesnar victory. One doesn’t just throw out phrases like “title vs. title” and not back them up. The WWE Championship feels meaningless now anyway, so maybe this is the answer to that frustrating enigma.

Do You Believe in Miracles?!
For about an hour and a half, Chad Gable and Riddle did laps around the arena on scooters. I’m in the bag for anything Chad does at this point, so of course I was thoroughly entertained. While it wasn’t great as last week’s spelling bee, it still got the job done.
On the final lap—they did 50 if you’re wondering—they raced out to the ringside finish line. Chad hurt his knee somehow, giving Riddle an easy win.
Nope!
Otis, apparently so aerodynamic thanks to his slick suit that nobody saw him coming, ambushed Riddle and stopped him from crossing the checkered line. Gable crossed, and granted Riddle a match with Otis since Riddle complained about the race and called Chad a cheater. Adam Pearce declared the winner of the impromptu match will earn a spot in the Elimination Chamber. To quote Marcus Burnett, sh*t just got real.
Riddle made Otis look like a million and three bucks. Otis controlled this match and Riddle took a beating. He made every move from Otis look like a car crash.
In the end, Riddle pulled out the W. Barely. But a W is a W no matter how it happens.
Okay match between these two. The weakest of the qualifying matches this week. But Riddle in the Elimination Chamber sounds like a lot of fun.
Next week? RK-Bro and Alpha Academy will go toe-to-toe in a Quiz Bowl. I can’t wait.
Oh and Randy didn’t even show up to have his partner’s back. What a guy, that Orton. With a friend like that...

Dynamic Duo Disassembled
Not sure if this is truly the end of this thing between Rhea Ripley and Nikki A.S.H.(more like A.S.V.) but this was a solid match. Nikki lost because she showed off one too many times and paid the price. My one complaint is wishing it was a bigger match with a tad more violence. Not blood and guts because we know WWE is beneath such things, especially for women, but a fight worthy of a friendship gone sour.

Theory of Relativity
There was no way Austin Theory was winning this match. Right? I mean, c’mon, it’s him vs, Kevin Owens. Owens is a lock for the Elimination Chamber. Right?!
Wrong.
KO and Austin put on a hell of a match worthy of the prize of which they were fighting. I need matches to meet the stakes like Geno and Pat. And that’s exactly what we got here. KO did everything in his power to put the young cat away but nothing worked. KO made one mistake: He forgot he was fighting someone willing to do whatever to win. Austin escaped a power bomb that surely spelled his undoing, kicked the middle rope while KO was getting back in the ring—which reverberated in KO’s lower region—and nailed him with the ATL.
KO is hot. Why? Because prior to the match, Seth Rollins revealed on the KO Show that he has a spot in the Elimination Chamber simply because he’s Seth Rollins. Meanwhile KO not only had to fight for his spot, but didn’t make the cut.
We haven’t heard the last of this. Not by a long shot.

Two for the Price of One
Last week, Bianca Belair beat Queen Zelina. This week, she did the same to Carmella. WWE knows they need Bianca on TV but don’t have anything for her at the moment sooo holding pattern city is her residence. I love Bianca and like Carmella. But this wasn’t for me. It’s just weird the one women’s match of the night had no purpose other than getting a star in front of the crowd.

Papa Don’t Preach
Me thinks Miz and Rey Mysterio are converging to fight. Dominik faced Miz this week and lost rather quickly thanks a quick distraction from the always evil Miz. I really have no opinion on the match since it wasn’t much of anything, or the idea of Miz and Rey beefing.
TBD

Homecoming
Big solo win for Angelo Dawkins. Not only did he beat Dolph Ziggler, but he did it in his hometown! Which, if you know WWE, is quite the rarity. The match was okay but there were no stakes in it at all. It was just there to get the hometown hero in front of the crowd since Cincinnati is the place to be at the moment.

I enjoyed Raw for the most part tonight. We got a lot of matches with actual things on the line and reasons for existing! Which is a big deal. For the most part, those matches delivered and we set the table for WWE’s next “premium live event.” Yes, I’m using quotations every time I type those words together.
We also got two updates from Alexa this week, who looks more like her normal self the longer therapy goes on. While the segments aren’t my favorite, I do enjoy that detail.
Solid show and an okay way to end the month.

Grade: B-
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Gidah: 9:58am On Feb 01, 2022
Been a while raw get B rating I guess it quite good lol
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 6:32pm On Feb 01, 2022
Gidah:
Been a while raw get B rating I guess it quite good lol

yea they tried
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 4:54pm On Feb 02, 2022
Here I was thinking I've posted NXT reviews for today...real life problems na bitcvh
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 4:58pm On Feb 02, 2022
WWE NXT REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

Dogs of War
Tommaso Ciampa says it’s his mission to ensure Bron Breakker stays NXT champ. While that part I buy, I’m not entirely sure about his motivations. NXT knows we know Ciampa’s history, along with his passion for that championship. Bron might be a little suspicious but maybe not suspicious enough.
That said, the first test of Ciampa’s loyalty came in the form of a tag match with Legado Del Fantasma and, lo and behold, the two of them work really well together. Even against the well-oiled machine of Joaquin Wilde and Raul Mendoza, they represented well. Bron’s improvement as a wrestler, specifically as a storyteller, is a big reason this match works. For most of the match, he took the punishment. Sure, he dished it out because, well, look at him, but Ciampa was the hot tag and got most of the really fun spots. Ciampa even threw Joaquin through the announcer table. Yes, he launched him like a dart and the table exploded. This was a violent match, with Ciampa clearly the most sadistic cat in the ring.
From there, Bron scored the win for his team with his patented military press.
After the match is where things got interesting again. Santos Escobar, not at all distraught over his boys losing, got in Bron’s face. Ciampa looked out of sorts, dismayed even. Ciampa looked disappointed in the young champion. While I was waiting for him to stab Bron in the back. there’s something else going on and I’m not entirely sure what. But I’m interested in finding out. Maybe Tommaso really wants Bron to be better and learn that a king must pick his battles wisely. There’s a time and place for Escobar and it looks like Tommaso doesn’t think this is the that time and definitely not the place. It was subtle character stuff and I dig when wrestling can do that.

The Imperial
Guess what? Imperium is pretty damn good at this wrestling thing. The Brothers Creed and Roderick Strong aren’t slouches either, creating a dope opening match this week.
Interestingly, Imperium did all they could to limit Strong’s participation. They took him out of commission before the bell even dinged, which kept his actual match participation to a minimum. Roddy was visibly hurt when he tagged in and did his best. But I mean, c’mon, this is Imperium. Your best needs to be the greatest when you face them.
What does this all mean? Glad you asked.
Imperium doesn’t believe Diamond Mine as a whole is a challenge for them. But they do maybe possibly fear Roddy. That bit of psychology alone meant this was always a tough go for the Mine. Despite how physical the Creeds boys got, it was still a three on two war of attrition for a bit.
Oh, and one of those three was GUNTHER. Yes, NXT crowd, despite your best wishes, that’s still his name.
Eventually we got to GUNTHER vs. Roderick but, again, it was extremely brief. Roddy put GUNTHER down just long enough to tag in a partner. While GUNTHER and Brutus went to work in the ring, Fabian Aichner and Marcel Barthel isolated Julius and what was left of Mr. Strong. One GUNTHER power bomb later, and Imperium walked away with the win.
BUT, keep in mind it was GUNTHER who got the pin here, not Aichner or Barthel. As the Brothers Creed continue in the Dusty Cup, that’s something to remember and hopefully a plot point going forward.

The Rest
Shoot for the Moon...
Carmelo Hayes and Cameron Grimes did the damn thing on the microphone this week. Both of them were comfortable, poised, and believable. Grimes held his own against the fast-talking Trick, made a couple SpongeBob SquarePants jokes, and said he’s taking the title at Vengeance Day.
Trick, who got serious for a moment—he took off his glasses!—looked dead in Grimes’ eyes, and told him “I really am that guy. I am him.” Followed by the killer: “I’m gonna shoot for the moon and take the stars as casualties.”
Even Cameron respected that one with a nodding approval and nothing but silence as a response.
The segment wasn’t here for a long time, but it was a good time.

Nowhere to Hide
I love running storylines throughout a show. I believe every wrestling program needs a spine to guide it and us through the runtime. That came in the form of Kay Lee Ray and Mandy Rose this week. The former challenged the latter to a championship match very early in the program. Mandy refused. KLR kidnapped Gigi and Jacy Jayne—it’s NXT, of course she did—only to double back to the arena solo and stalk the Women’s champ for the rest of the night.
They went into the men’s locker room, much to the delight of Malik Blade and Edris Enofe, complete with a high school penis joke. Then we got them in that NXT dining area, where KLR dumped a bowl of spaghetti on the champ’s head.
The torture continued to the very end of the show when the two made their way ringside, and KLR finally got her wish. Next week, it’s her vs. Mandy Rose for the title. And when it was all said and done, the final shot of the night was Mandy getting a superkick for her troubles.
While I still have no idea why they have Enofe and Blade lusting after Mandy and the rest of her crew, and I rolled my eyes at the erection joke, I liked this. Mandy is nothing without her girls by her side, and KLR showed she’s nothing to f*ck with. More importantly, both women know their roles and play them really well.

No Shopping for You
Tiffany Stratton has beef with Wendy Choo. Why? Because she thinks Wendy is a freak who doesn’t belong. Tiff used Daddy’s credit card to bribe Amari Miller into a match against Choo, with a shopping spree as her ultimate prize.
Despite the reasoning for the match, it was pretty damn good! Wendy and Amari have nice chemistry and made the most of their minutes.
You watch wrestling so you know how this ended. Wendy won and snatched Daddy’s credit card for a shopping spree of her own.

Did We Just Become Best Friends?
Raquel González defeated Cora Jade in a match the latter didn’t need to win. The point was to show enough fight to earn Raquel’s respect. Raquel gave her young opponent the chance to back out but nah. Cora asked for the fight and is a woman of her word. As we all learned from The Matrix Reloaded, you never truly know someone until you fight them.
It was an okay match. Cora played the role of fly while Raquel was often the windshield. Raquel was probably having some wardrobe issues as well because we lost the picture a few times only to come back to Ms. González fixing her top. Props to both women for working through that and getting the job done.
At the end of the day, these two will formally enter the Women’s Dusty Cup.

Yeah...Nah
LA Knight, thanks to Grayson Waller and his muscle, took an L from Joe Gacy. Prior to Waller and Sanga and Waller’s attack, Knight and Gacy were having a pretty good match. Two big guys slugging it out is sometimes all I need. Damn you, Waller.
But this was the right move to move this story forward, give Gacy a cheap win, and get more heat on Waller and Sanga. Next week, if Knight defeats Sanga, then Waller might lift the restraining order.
Who knew the justice system was so loose?

Ain’t No Sunshine
Sarray made her triumphant return this week. Also, she’s apparently magic now? I really don’t like the gimmick because Japanese magic girl reeks of a stereotype. But I’m also not going to let that blind me from in-ring action.
It wasn’t the most interesting or exciting match, but it made Sarray look very strong and reintroduced her to the crowd.

No More Games
Duke Hudson is done playing with us. They managed to use his haircut as part of character progression. He’s focused on making his own luck now rather than leaving thing to chance. Great work moving him forward and incorporating his past gimmick rather than pretending it didn’t happen. Take note, people working with Damian Priest.

The Chase
So this was weird. We got a vid package about Draco Anthony. We got his background, his vision for the future, and why he’s in NXT. Then he loses his match with Andre Chase. I didn’t think much of the match, but the ending perplexed me. Although Chase challenged Wagner when it was over so that’s a thing we’re getting.

Here Come’s the Money
Robert Stone has deep pockets. And in those pockets is a lot of money, which he has no problem forking over to pay Von Wagner’s fines. I wish he wouldn’t. Stone says Wagner is the future of WWE. If that’s true, we are in the darkest timeline.

Interesting
Nikkita Lyons is almost ready for primetime. Specifically, 8 p.m. on Tuesday nights. In my purely professional opinion, she looks fantastic. And she can carry a tune since it looks like they’re going with a musician gimmick. But the rapping part? Yeah, nah. Let’s get rid of that ASAP.

A LOT happened on NXT this week. Vengeance Day is taking shape, the Women’s Dusty Cup is filling out, Pete Dunne and Tony D’Angelo are headed to the cage, and personalities are getting filled out. I had low expectations for these two hours but I was pleasantly surprised. Good show.

Grade: B+

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 6:46pm On Feb 02, 2022
that nxt main event was really beautiful.. damn smiley
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 6:59pm On Feb 02, 2022
Tor, they said Shane McMahon has been 'quietly let go' by WWE. He was said to have been the chief Booker of the Royal Rumble and a huge influence on it. Shane was reported to have booked himself strong till the last 4 and possibly have himself win the whole thing until that booking was stopped. He was said to have received a lot of dislike and complain from the writers and people backstage for his bully attitude on the Rumble day.
Wetin dey do Shane sef?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:47pm On Feb 02, 2022
ValeeLove:
Tor, they said Shane McMahon has been 'quietly let go' by WWE. He was said to have been the chief Booker of the Royal Rumble and a huge influence on it. Shane was reported to have booked himself strong till the last 4 and possibly have himself win the whole thing until that booking was stopped. He was said to have received a lot of dislike and complain from the writers and people backstage for his bully attitude on the Rumble day.
Wetin dey do Shane sef?

This one was obvious, I complained about it thoroughly in my recap

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 8:18am On Feb 03, 2022
MJF has beaten CM Punk.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:17am On Feb 03, 2022
ValeeLove:
MJF has beaten CM Punk.

Who were you backing?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 7:12am On Feb 05, 2022
pu7pl3:

Who were you backing?
my guy CM Punk. It's sad.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 7:13am On Feb 05, 2022
Goldberg vs Roman Reigns at Elimination chamber. Talk about a big money fight for Saudi.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:22am On Feb 05, 2022
ValeeLove:
my guy CM Punk. It's sad.

Chai pele

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:33am On Feb 05, 2022
WWE SMACKDOWN REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

Ronda Rousey continues to be a polarizing figure in the world of sports, entertainment, and sports entertainment.
I, too, never quite know how feel about her.
On Friday Night SmackDown this week, she showed up to refute Sonya Deville’s claim that she would be accepting a match with Becky Lynch for the Raw women’s championship at WrestleMania 38, instead making clear she’s going after Charlotte Flair and the SmackDown women’s championship. She was sure to say that it’s not that Flair is special, it’s just that she’s first.
Because she’s back to teach her new baby the family business, and that business is kicking ass. Flair is simply the first name on a long list of asses that need kicked. So she’ll go about doing that in the main event of the biggest show of the year.
Lynch comes later.
Flair responded to this by saying, well, the women’s title is her baby and it’s a lot prettier than Rousey’s. Which, that’s a pretty damn good line for a heel like Charlotte to throw at a person who we all know is going to take it far too personally.
That may be what is most interesting about these two going at it. It wasn’t long ago Flair was going off script to protect her character in a segment with Lynch. Might we expect some level of tension between these two in a similar manner?
Something tells me we won’t, but the fact that we could is enough to keep some of my interest.
Meanwhile, it’s worth noting Rousey was openly smiling and interacting with fans on her way to the ring. I suppose she’s back to being a babyface? Maybe she fell for the fans giving her so much love again?

It wasn’t a plot all along.
Not by Roman Reigns, at least.
Paul Heyman opened this week’s episode of Friday Night SmackDown explaining that there never was a convoluted plot on the part of The Bloodline to screw Brock Lesnar, with Heyman jumping between the two sides only in service of a greater strategy employed to give the Universal champion the advantage over his greatest foe. No, it turns out Heyman wanted the best of both worlds, and he copped to that.
Lesnar as champion running Raw.
Reigns as champion running SmackDown.
It didn’t work out, though, because Lesnar, the big lug, won the WWE championship and instantly decided to challenge Reigns to a title vs. title match at WrestleMania. Heyman, understanding what this meant, had to pick a side. And when the time came, he did so.
He chose The Tribal Chief.
So we got the mea culpa, and the effusive praise, and the fanning, and the fawning, and the full nine.
Then, Goldberg.
This guy.
I’ll just say that I fully understand why WWE would seek to take advantage of having Goldberg under contract, seeing as he is most definitely still something of a draw for them. I can not say I understand why that’s the case but I have to acknowledge it to be true. Hell, even on our humble thread, he draws traffic when we talk about him.
He’s just not all that interesting as an actual character on television. He hasn’t been since 1998 or so. Everything that made him so compelling then does not exist in 2022. The fact that they’re still presenting him mostly the same way all these years later is a damning indictment against him, in fact.
But, again, if he can still draw, use him. So we deal with it.

All the Rest
Ricochet def. Ridge Holland in a nothing match that was given very little time. Cesaro distracted Sheamus on the outside and the bad guys were very upset about the good guys going over. The WWE Twitter called it a “BIG” win for Ricochet. As it turns out, this was just to set up a tag team match that would take place after a commercial break. Naturally, Holland scored the pin on Cesaro to get one back right away. BIG win.

The Viking Raiders will challenge for the SmackDown tag team titles at Elimination Chamber, so we got Jimmy Uso vs. Erik in a singles match on this show. Jimmy won, as the champs showed superior teamwork, even in a singles match. Not sure how that’s good promotion for the Raiders as challengers, but whatever.

Natalya, the Guinness World Record holder, lost another match, this one to Aliyah, because she’s too cocky and full of her own shit now that she is, in fact, a multiple time Guinness World Record holder. This is the kind of angle I can get behind. Looking forward to seeing where it goes next.

Drew McIntyre returned to tell us a doctor informed him he wouldn’t be making WrestleMania, let alone Royal Rumble. Well, he did make the Rumble, though that didn’t go according to plan. He left open the door to go after Roman Reigns in the future before turning his attention back to Happy Corbin & Madcap Moss. McIntyre made Moss tell him a joke, it was bad, he laid him out, and then promised Corbin he would make his life hell. It was very much a standard fun time babyface style segment where fans could simply be happy for someone they like getting one over on folks they don’t like.

Jinder Mahal was fed to Shinsuke Nakamura for the sake of promoting his Intercontinental title match against Sami Zayn, which we learned will take place on Feb. 18. It was a simple way to get the champion a win against a guy everyone knows while Zayn was on commentary to promote. Easy, effective booking.

Naomi punked Sonya Deville so hard she got a SmackDown women’s title match out of it. Deville has done such a good job of making herself unlikeable that it felt great seeing Naomi make her squirm. Which, I suppose that’s a testament to the story working as intended, so maybe I shouldn’t be so harsh on it. We’ll see about next week, though.

The New Day wrestled Los Lotharios on this show because Big E & Kofi Kingston crashed a Valentine’s Day photoshoot Angel and Humberto were doing. Look, I love New Day as much as the next guy but how am I supposed to cheer them for doing such a thing?!? Anyway, they won the match, and said match was far more entertaining than it had any business being.

This show lives and dies by the main event stuff, and that stuff was solid this week.

Grade: B-

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (298) (Reply)

Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' / ARROW and THE FLASH fan page....... / Top 15 Nollywood Stars Who Have Passed Away In Recent Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.