Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,628 members, 7,816,588 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Corolla 04 Gear Issue - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Corolla 04 Gear Issue (8929 Views)

Reverse gear issue When Engine Is Cold / Toyota Camry 2007 Model Gear Issue / Help With Gear Issue On 2003 Camry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by geovidal(m): 1:09pm On Mar 24, 2018
chukel:
same thing happened to a friend's 04 corolla sport. Only difference is that he sped over a bump cos it was dark and didn't see it. Ended up replacing the transmission. Still shows solenoid code. Returned 2 transmissions cos of that code. Yet the 3rd still has the code. Movement is swift, so he is living with the code.
How much was the transmission
Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by chukel(m): 1:27pm On Mar 24, 2018
geovidal:
How much was the transmission
70k in abuja
Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by NobleEngineer(m): 7:20am On Apr 18, 2018
how far? any development? how did you solve this problem.

geovidal:
Good morning everyone, i will make it short, on my way to work this morning, after climbing a bump I noticed that the gear suddenly didnt respond, as if the gear is in neutral. I parked and switched off the engine, restart and engage the gear yet the car didn t move. I 've called my mechanic to check it while I join a cab to work. Gear hasn't been worked on before, gear oil is intact (faint pink). Please any suggestion because I don't trust all these kazeems. Car is corolla sport 04. c.c Gazzuzz, autologic, deportivo.

Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by solaris1: 3:52am On Apr 22, 2018
hi, my everwise nairalanders, does anybody know a very reliable and experienced Toyota paseo mechanic that won't drill holes in my pocket, I got a 1992 paseo, slightly old smiley and I'm fixing things, trying to avoid trial and error mechanics, i reside in ogba, thank you for your speedy reply
Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by OPUSDEI1(m): 4:32am On Apr 22, 2018
solaris1:
hi, my everwise nairalanders, does anybody know a very reliable and experienced Toyota paseo mechanic that won't drill holes in my pocket, I got a 1992 paseo, slightly old smiley and I'm fixing things, trying to avoid trial and error mechanics, i reside in ogba, thank you for your speedy reply

Oga GAZZUZZ, is right there with you at Ogba. Unless your Ogba is not that of Ikeja, Lagos.
Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:45am On Apr 22, 2018
OPUSDEI1:

Oga GAZZUZZ, is right there with you at Ogba. Unless your Ogba is not that of Ikeja, Lagos.

92 Toyota? they will deny that there is a workshop there, they will tell u it's now an abbatoir, lest u enter by force and see other cars being repaired
Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by geovidal(m): 9:22pm On Apr 22, 2018
NobleEngineer:
how far? any development? how did you solve this problem.

something was replaced and I also changed the transmission oil. So far since March, it has not give any problem.
Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by okete(m): 12:20am On Jan 04, 2020
Pls can I get Gazzuz number it's very urgent. Thks
Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by Kaybaba5(m): 9:10am On Jan 04, 2020
okete:
Pls can I get Gazzuz number it's very urgent. Thks

Check his profile
Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by Kwekuzi: 11:14pm On Mar 16, 2022
@geovida please I have exactly the same problem.... came down from a speed brake and it refused to engage. I have read ur solution, please how was the car after the repair please
Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by Kwekuzi: 11:18pm On Mar 16, 2022
@geovidal are u sure it was the transaxle that was changed? My brother I’m confused
Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by Kwekuzi: 11:36pm On Mar 16, 2022
Please o I need geovidals number, I’m loosing it oo
Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by temmym4(m): 11:43pm On Mar 16, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Geovidal let me teach you a quick way to know your gear is good.

Go to workshop, start car, put it in drive, depress accelerator, if the speedometer moves gear is fine,
call police grin

This is so damn true.

I was on my way to work one morning and immediately i got to the highway, vehicle started behaving as if i was revving. Like seriously? I just worked on that gear. I managed to park at the side of the road and i was just about to blast the Gear mechanic on phone when i noticed somethin unusual..

Putting the car on drive, speedometer moves and i hear some funny noices from the front wheel areas.
Then i turned the steering, put the gear in drive again to check what was happening under the wheel... Oboy, na one iron dey roll there o. lol.
Called my mechanic and told him my shaft was out.

I knew if i had mistakenly called the gear repairer, he would definitely tell me about one thing or the other that has to be fixed in the gear.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please Help Me Choose Between Golf 3 And Nissan Almera 1995-1998 / Innoson Full Option Fox And Umu Selling Now At 2.5m- Pictures / Does Double Cell Radiator Consume More Fuel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.