Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,055 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Corolla 04 Gear Issue - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Corolla 04 Gear Issue (8921 Views)

Reverse gear issue When Engine Is Cold / Toyota Camry 2007 Model Gear Issue / Help With Gear Issue On 2003 Camry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by Alvin007: 8:04am On Mar 11, 2018
desquad:

I dropped this line cos I've anticipated his sheeples would come for my head as usual, every other person who counter their god knows nothing. God of mechanic (aka Google keyboard warrior) knows it all

But what do I know?

I have never been an ass licker all my life..but I don’t seem to understand what the man’s crime is ?..Coz he visits Google?...don’t you visit google for answers to your questions? How does google gather information? Isn’t it through people’s inputs?
Do you know there are a lotta questions that have been answered by this man, alongside other professionals...through this forum?
And when you’re faced with similar issues, what does google do when being asked?...it simply re-directs you to him...and other professionals here..(at least those close to your location)..Young uniformed man...stop hating..don’t beef...repent and become a vegetarian..you won’t move forward in life if you continue this way.

4 Likes

Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by geovidal(m): 8:32am On Mar 11, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

seems the socket just came off.
Geodeval go and push down all the sockets in this area down your self, it is under the battery area. Push harness down firmly, also check if rodents( rats) have been nibbling on your wires in same area.

Thanks boss, I will update you
Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by geovidal(m): 8:35am On Mar 11, 2018
Alvin007:

I have never been an ass licker all my life..but I don’t seem to understand what the man’s crime is ?..Coz he visits Google?...don’t you visit google for answers to your questions? How does google gather information? Isn’t it through people’s inputs?
Do you know there are a lotta questions that have been answered by this man, alongside other professionals...through this forum?
And when you’re faced with similar issues, what does google do when being asked?...it simply re-directs you to him...and other professionals here..(at least those close to your location)..Young uniformed man...stop hating..don’t beef...repent and become a vegetarian..you won’t move forward in life if you continue this way.
Just ignore him. He is ignorant, we are all learning and nobody know it all.
Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by geovidal(m): 8:36am On Mar 11, 2018
oluwaseunla:
Geovidal, you can call this guy in Ilorin:

Imperial Auto Clinic
0706 771 8297.

Never met him, but I was told he is foreign trained. Hopefully, he may be able to help since he is local. He used to operate a workshop inside Lubcon station beside stadium a few years ago, but I think he has moved.
Thanks
Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by geovidal(m): 6:23pm On Mar 12, 2018
geovidal:
Thanks boss, I will update you
Hello gazzuzz, I did exactly as you said with the help of another mechanic, he diagonosed that the transaxle system in the gear that has fault. He was also the one than scanned the car with his device that revealed all those codes. He said he can make the gear work again if I give him the go ahead. My worry now is that the code pointed to torque converter and now transaxle or whatever. How do we go about this.
Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:35pm On Mar 12, 2018
geovidal:
Hello gazzuzz, I did exactly as you said with the help of another mechanic, he diagonosed that the transaxle system in the gear that has fault. He was also the one than scanned the car with his device that revealed all those codes. He said he can make the gear work again if I give him the go ahead. My worry now is that the code pointed to torque converter and now transaxle or whatever. How do we go about this.

sadly you are not very technically inclined, and presently at the mercy of technicians around you.

I wish I could be of more help, but the mafia is strong.
Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by geovidal(m): 8:34pm On Mar 12, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

sadly you are not very technically inclined, and presently at the mercy of technicians around you.

I wish I could be of more help, but the mafia is strong.
New gear loading. cry. I Will need your help when the time comes.
Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by dejisvic(m): 9:20pm On Mar 12, 2018
Please i have similar challenge but my own is sienna 1999. Like play like play have spent over 60k yet no improvement. Pls what is d cost of new gearbox? 3pin(1999 model)
Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by FreshMekanik: 2:12am On Mar 13, 2018
desquad:

I dropped this line cos I've anticipated his sheeples would come for my head as usual, every other person who counter their god knows nothing. God of mechanic (aka Google keyboard warrior) knows it all

But what do I know?

I doubt If you know anything. Hate won't take you far in life. Grow up
Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by dejisvic(m): 7:21pm On Mar 13, 2018
Please i have similar challenge but my own is sienna 1999. Like play like play have spent over 60k yet no improvement. Pls what is d cost of new gearbox? 3pin(1999 model)
geovidal:
thanks
Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:16am On Mar 14, 2018
desquad:

But what do I know?

desquad:
It's driving me nuts, I'm a soldier and once a soldier in bed also, I could last up to 40mins before but it all changed after I treated gonorrhea, I can't even last 5mins anymore. Please what could be the cause?

Please if you have gone through a similar dilemma, please share.

Doctors in the house please I need solutions cos I'm freaking out and it's already affecting my sexual life and appetite, if I remember I don't last long anymore I won't bother going down with her.

Help a brother here, old soldier should never die!!!

what would I rather be? A keyboard warrior or a d1ckless warrior?

I'm still thinking.......
https://www.nairaland.com/3828043/cant

2 Likes

Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:21am On Mar 14, 2018
geovidal please buy a small hand held Bluetooth Scanner (5,000 konga or jumia), connect it to your smart phone and test, get an untrained mechanic that can speak English Hausa, or Youruba, get a smart phone that can do video conferencing via whatsapp, once all this is set call me.

1 Like

Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by obekediamondfuto(m): 4:15am On Mar 15, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

what would I rather be? A keyboard warrior or a d1ckless warrior?

I'm still thinking.......
https://www.nairaland.com/3828043/cant

haha haha haha, impossicantly impossible! lmfao
Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by obekediamondfuto(m): 4:16am On Mar 15, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
geovidal please buy a small hand held Bluetooth Scanner (5,000 konga or jumia), connect it to your smart phone and test, get an untrained mechanic that can speak English Hausa, or Youruba, get a smart phone that can do video conferencing via whatsapp, once all this is set call me.

@ op emphasis is on untrained! so he will not add his own

1 Like

Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by geovidal(m): 11:52am On Mar 15, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
Thanks Boss.
Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by geovidal(m): 2:18pm On Mar 17, 2018
Good afternoon to you all. Let me update you guys. I finally allowed the Mech guy that scanned the transmission to go ahead and do repair on the gear. I posted the codes here and it was suggested that it was electrical problem. But he said it wasn't electrical after carrying out more diagnosis. Later, his findings revealed that the transaxle system was the culprit and needed to be changed, I consented with the mind that something must be done at least. The stress I have undergone in the past 2 weeks has become unbearable so I decided to give him a trial. He replaced the "transaxle " (picture attached) and informed me the gear is now working fine. After close of work yesterday, we met and test drove , it was smooth drive for 3 trips. We returned to his workshop to scanned the car, no code. Meanwhile, we drained the gear oil and replaced with 4 litres of type t-IV before we test drive. I hope no problem resurface as I drive the car throuthro today. Thanks to everyone that contributed especially Oga Gazzuzz and others. I will keep you guys posted.

1 Like

Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:32pm On Mar 17, 2018
geovidal:
Good afternoon to you all. Let me update you guys. I finally allowed the Mech guy that scanned the transmission to go ahead and do repair on the gear. I posted the codes here and it was suggested that it was electrical problem. But he said it wasn't electrical after carrying out more diagnosis. Later, his findings revealed that the transaxle system was the culprit and needed to be changed, I consented with the mind that something must be done at least. The stress I have undergone in the past 2 weeks has become unbearable so I decided to give him a trial. He replaced the "transaxle " (picture attached) and informed me the gear is now working fine. After close of work yesterday, we met and test drove , it was smooth drive for 3 trips. We returned to his workshop to scanned the car, no code. Meanwhile, we drained the gear oil and replaced with 4 litres of type t-IV before we test drive. I hope no problem resurface as I drive the car throuthro today. Thanks to everyone that contributed especially Oga Gazzuzz and others. I will keep you guys posted.

The scam has been completed sad
congrats sir.
Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by geovidal(m): 6:33pm On Mar 17, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

The scam has been completed sad
congrats sir.
Oga Gazzuzz, I know the possibility of getting scammed is inevitable with my little technical knowledge and the fact that I can no longer endure the stress. I just want the car to be alive again. It is possible that the mech just removed that part from a scrap and claimed it was removed from my car. I want to suggest that you open a workshop in Ilorin with capable hands so in order to forestall future occurrences.

1 Like

Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by Cashrange660: 10:31pm On Mar 17, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

The scam has been completed sad congrats sir.
Hello sir, do you have a workshop or capable hands in Delta State?
Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by ray48: 9:27pm On Mar 18, 2018
Congratulations. At least d car is working fine now.

1 Like

Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by Nobody: 1:22am On Mar 19, 2018
Modified.

No, most of mechanics in Ilorin are fraud. I go there every weekend. Especially if you show them you know nothing about car the first time. Your own don done, I remember when I had problem with my pencil Camry v6, the plugs were bad and the meco told me to be putting injector cleaner, in fact he said he never seen a pencil Camry with 6 plugs, before he was able to remove those plugs, took almost half a day, imagine. My current corolla, there was a time it's consuming fuel and there telling me nonsense until someone here in nairaland told me what to do and I did and I didn't experience it again,same way the ac man in Ilorin didn't put enough gas and he said my compressor is bad, I had that feeling the man Na fraud, I traveled to Osogbo opposite ripples and the man gauge everything and said the gas is not enough, since last year November, the ac is still freezing only by putting right amount of gas, what they know how to do best in Ilorin is yellow taxi with that frog like headlamps. I'm not saying there are no good auto mechanics in Ilorin but Im yet to see one.

NobleEngineer:
most of the mechanics in ilorin are very incompetent. Especially when you have a highly technical issue with your car, you feel like giving up. My car still rattles on acceleration till today (no CEL or error codes thrown) no mechanic in town could fix it. last last i was told "na so Toyota engine dey do" lwkmd.
OP lets collabo and tow our vehicles to Gazzuz's workshop in lagos.

cc: Gazzuz

1 Like

Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by tjsadiq(m): 3:12pm On Mar 19, 2018
geovidal:
Vehicle has been scanned. The following codes are shown:
1. P0741, torque converter stuck.
2. P0974
3. P0977
4. P2716.
Please help a brother. Gazzuzz, kingreign, kashif,autologic. Thanks

I have a similar issue with my corolla 05. when the car is stationary for a while (eg in traffic), it will refuse to drive after awhile, then jerks when I pump the accelerator further to force it to move. I was told by a kazeem that I have to replace the gear entirely. I scanned the vehicle, and this is the codes P0420 and P2716.

help please cc Gazzuzz, autologic.

I am in lagos by the way.
Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by autologic: 7:51pm On Mar 19, 2018
tjsadiq:

I have a similar issue with my corolla 05. when the car is stationary for a while (eg in traffic), it will refuse to drive after awhile, then jerks when I pump the accelerator further to force it to move. I was told by a kazeem that I have to replace the gear entirely. I scanned the vehicle, and this is the codes P0420 and P2716.

help please cc Gazzuzz, autologic.

I am in lagos by the way.
You have solenoid Line pressure malfunction which is due a defective ecu according to toyota TSB on Toyota repair documentation manual or bad solenoid or circuit issue. You need to go for further diagnosis to confirm which of the case but my bet is on the ecu
That kazeem that suggest outright change of transmission deserve to be canned .
Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by geovidal(m): 8:03pm On Mar 19, 2018
ray48:
Congratulations. At least d car is working fine now.
Yes thanks.
Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by geovidal(m): 8:10pm On Mar 19, 2018
OriEyeLe:
Modified.

No, most of mechanics in Ilorin are fraud. I go there every weekend. Especially if you show them you know nothing about car the first time. Your own don done, I remember when I had problem with my pencil Camry v6, the plugs were bad and the meco told me to be putting injector cleaner, in fact he said he never seen a pencil Camry with 6 plugs, before he was able to remove those plugs, took almost half a day, imagine. My current corolla, there was a time it's consuming fuel and there telling me nonsense until someone here in nairaland told me what to do and I did and I didn't experience it again,same way the ac man in Ilorin didn't put enough gas and he said my compressor is bad, I had that feeling the man Na fraud, I traveled to Osogbo opposite ripples and the man gauge everything and said the gas is not enough, since last year November, the ac is still freezing only by putting right amount of gas, what they know how to do best in Ilorin is yellow taxi with that frog like headlamps. I'm not saying there are no good auto mechanics in Ilorin but Im yet to see one.

I gave the opinion that Gazzuzz should open a auto workshop in Ilorin. SAVE ILORIN CAR'S

1 Like

Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by Coolgent(m): 8:18pm On Mar 19, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Geovidal let me teach you a quick way to know your gear is good.

Go to workshop, start car, put it in drive, depress accelerator, if the speedometer moves gear is fine,
call police grin
Oga Gazzuzz the digital mechanic!
Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by Coolgent(m): 8:43pm On Mar 19, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
God bless yoy Gazzuzz, You once help me when Kazeems was draining my pockets for 3weeks but with just a few phone calls from with u the issue has been resolved since.

1 Like

Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by tjsadiq(m): 8:44am On Mar 20, 2018
autologic:

You have solenoid Line pressure malfunction which is due a defective ecu according to toyota TSB on Toyota repair documentation manual or bad solenoid or circuit issue. You need to go for further diagnosis to confirm which of the case but my bet is on the ecu
That kazeem that suggest outright change of transmission deserve to be canned .

I had change the ECU around November last year to solve the bad selonoid issue. but the check engine sign still persisted, only that the drag/jerk reduced at the time. Now, its back again.
Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by autologic: 9:03am On Mar 20, 2018
tjsadiq:

I had change the ECU around November last year to solve the bad selonoid issue. but the check engine sign still persisted, only that the drag/jerk reduced at the time. Now, its back again.
That is why I said ,"go for further diagnosis (this is beyond scanning ) @ more sensible place cos there is lot of kazeems diagnosticians too
Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by NobleEngineer(m): 2:44pm On Mar 22, 2018
lol..so what later happened to that v6 pencil?
OriEyeLe:
Modified.

Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by Justbright(m): 11:46am On Mar 24, 2018
OriEyeLe:
Modified.

Bros pls I have some questions pertaining ur corolla fuel consumption...am experiencing same high fuel comsption....pls kindly email me ur no ...brightolowole@yahoo.co.UK. or u can beep me on 08036253428

Re: Corolla 04 Gear Issue by chukel(m): 1:01pm On Mar 24, 2018
geovidal:
Good morning everyone, i will make it short, on my way to work this morning, after climbing a bump I noticed that the gear suddenly didnt respond, as if the gear is in neutral. I parked and switched off the engine, restart and engage the gear yet the car didn t move. I 've called my mechanic to check it while I join a cab to work. Gear hasn't been worked on before, gear oil is intact (faint pink). Please any suggestion because I don't trust all these kazeems. Car is corolla sport 04. c.c Gazzuzz, autologic, deportivo.

same thing happened to a friend's 04 corolla sport. Only difference is that he sped over a bump cos it was dark and didn't see it. Ended up replacing the transmission. Still shows solenoid code. Returned 2 transmissions cos of that code. Yet the 3rd still has the code. Movement is swift, so he is living with the code.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Quick Steps On How To Handle A Stuck Accelerator Pedal / Please The Correct Way Of Setting Side View Mirrors / How You Deal With Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Mechanic(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.