Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,034 members, 7,953,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:50 AM

Reading Can Get You High - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reading Can Get You High (11829 Views)

Things Everyone Who’s Written An Exam Without Reading Can Relate To / How Pleasure Reading Can Improve Students’ Writing Skills / How Reading Can Improve Your I.Q Reasoning By 2% In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reading Can Get You High by Kayceenaz(m): 10:50am On Mar 05, 2018
A bit worried as that issue strolled unrestrainedly in my mind, "how do I deal with this?" I soliloquized. An unlikely suggestion pops up in my occupied mind to finish up that book I gratuitously deserted for a while. Perusing the remaining pages left me nodding my head in agreement with the apt points made by the author, smiling, and unexpectedly oblivious of my earlier concerns. Like a fully charged phone, I was reinvigorated and animated by those priceless words in print. I felt stronger and on top of the world like the marijuana consumers would often describe, as my immense God-given capacity to conquer dawned on me once again.

This episode which has recurred in my earthly sojourn brings to our notice a very vital fact: Reading a good, self-enhancing book can really get you high as long as you're willing to immerse yourself in the act. Besides enriching you knowledge-wise and giving your vocabulary a facelift, reading, I have discovered, is a therapeutic activity that can checkmate emotional stress, worries, and anxieties. It is as effective as those hard drugs which many today, especially youths, resort to for solace, inspiration, getting high, strength, and courage.

"But, reading can be boring and uninteresting. I read when I have to, thrive in my studies and that's it. I cannot 'comman' kill myself," you may retort. I reply "hold on!" Keep at it. You don't fancy the idea? Then get ready to wallow in your anxieties and be myopic about your capability of crushing that stumbling block. I presume you wouldn't want that, would you? So when next you're feeling down and unhappy, pick up a sound self-developing book and soak yourself in the waters of its pages. Give it a try! You are welcome.

Kaycee Naze
(Rational Pen)

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reading Can Get You High by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 06, 2018
A reading culture is cultivated at home during a person's formative years and/or by good teachers. A skilled reader enjoys a good book as much as a good film. The letters on the page do not only mean something but trigger imagination. However, if you have problems understanding what you actually read because you are not a proficient reader, you will never enjoy the pleasure that reading can create, but find the activity strenuous.

19 Likes

Re: Reading Can Get You High by Yusfunoble(m): 12:30pm On Mar 09, 2018
Dunno why it's hard to cultivate this habit of reading.. the only time I read consistently is during test/exam or on Quora (kinda addicted to that site).

I've read just a book in the last 3years lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Reading Can Get You High by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 09, 2018
Indeed

1 Like 1 Share

At a time Canadian doctors are protesting that they are being paid too much (your eyes don't deceive you), doctors in Nigeria are on strike for not being paid enough. We can't pay our doctors well, but we can budget ₦1.1 billion to clean a government office. Which way Nigeria?
- Common Sense Senator
In other News,
I have read about a lot of women getting turned on while their babies suck their breasts. It's obviously an unspoken secret among women,I believe same thing happens to most African women. As usual only the white women are open enough to speak about it. However masturbating to it is the worrisome part

4 Likes

Re: Reading Can Get You High by odeade1(m): 12:30pm On Mar 09, 2018
coman buy RMB

1 Like

Re: Reading Can Get You High by dukeprince50: 12:30pm On Mar 09, 2018
lol
Re: Reading Can Get You High by Jh0wsef(m): 12:30pm On Mar 09, 2018
High on knowledge or what

1 Like

Re: Reading Can Get You High by Aden777(m): 12:31pm On Mar 09, 2018
I wonder when reading turn to SK
Re: Reading Can Get You High by jamael(m): 12:32pm On Mar 09, 2018
oww
Re: Reading Can Get You High by Ipisi(m): 12:33pm On Mar 09, 2018
High ke with ogogoro or with Kai kai

Meanwhile watch this lovely goals from Nigeria to get high!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWo003pI8_g

1 Like

Re: Reading Can Get You High by pero45: 12:33pm On Mar 09, 2018
Chai people eeeh

Re: Reading Can Get You High by NLbully(m): 12:33pm On Mar 09, 2018
Yes that's why I don't read grin

11 Likes

Re: Reading Can Get You High by MirJay: 12:36pm On Mar 09, 2018
NLbully:
Yes that's why I don't read grin

no wonder u spend your time typing trash online

2 Likes

Re: Reading Can Get You High by Benjom(m): 12:36pm On Mar 09, 2018
True... you can be reading and be acting movies at the same time. Only you will be the actors, director, producer, etc... all in your head o grin

2 Likes

Re: Reading Can Get You High by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 09, 2018
Like seriously? ! No wonder some peeps here can't even read a 4 sentence long word!
Re: Reading Can Get You High by anochuko01(m): 12:41pm On Mar 09, 2018
I did about ten books last year.
and I'm already on my 5th book for this year.
and yeah, it makes me act weird. I could stroll around in the sitting room for over an hour, trying to meditate on what I've read.

''I read not because I love reading, but because I love success''
~~Me!

8 Likes

Re: Reading Can Get You High by Stevengerd(m): 12:46pm On Mar 09, 2018
We only read on quora
Re: Reading Can Get You High by bellville: 12:47pm On Mar 09, 2018
Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.

Check my siggy for books. You will be impressed with our delivery service.

1 Like

Re: Reading Can Get You High by boyjo: 12:52pm On Mar 09, 2018
Reading does get me high. Literally.

1 Like

Re: Reading Can Get You High by millomaniac: 1:04pm On Mar 09, 2018
Wow. This type of mentality is what africa sorely needs and should be vigorously promoted. Rather its perverseness, irresponsibility, get rich quick schemes, immorality that are shoved on our faces everyday.

3 Likes

Re: Reading Can Get You High by Gangster1ms: 1:08pm On Mar 09, 2018
Reading makes me weak not high undecided
Re: Reading Can Get You High by Nobody: 1:17pm On Mar 09, 2018
I am addicted to reading, I always feel there's an information am not knowing, the more i know the more i want to know though some reading is dangerous, one time I read this manifesto by breivik , the Norway terrorist who killed alot of people in 2011, I remember watching it live on TV, the book almost made me Islamophobia.

2 Likes

Re: Reading Can Get You High by olowobaba10: 1:23pm On Mar 09, 2018
READING IS BORING, MOVIES MAKE ME HIGH
Re: Reading Can Get You High by piagetskinner(m): 1:24pm On Mar 09, 2018
I mostly read spiritual books...I want to be versatile in other areas as well I.e books on motivation business psychology fiction etc

any recommendations?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

In Akwa Ibom, Early Marriage, Teenage Pregnancy Deprive Many Girls Of Education / FUTO Gets $6 Million To Execute World Bank Project / Top 20 Degree Courses With Best Employment Opportunities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.