Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,750 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Reading Can Get You High - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reading Can Get You High (11734 Views)

Things Everyone Who’s Written An Exam Without Reading Can Relate To / How Pleasure Reading Can Improve Students’ Writing Skills / How Reading Can Improve Your I.Q Reasoning By 2% In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Reading Can Get You High by Kayceenaz(m): 10:20pm On Dec 26, 2018
Electricboy:

please how do I inculcate a good reading habit ?? the type that can make me wake up at 2am in the morning to study
The answer lies in setting a definite intellectual/academic goal and desiring to attain it so bad. If you really want to graduate with a CGPA nothing less than 4.50, for instance, resolve to study to any length to make that happen. Imagine the benefits of your target and let those pleasant mental images drive you.

Furthermore, change your present perception of reading from boring to enriching. When you feel reluctant to lucubrate (read in the night), remind yourself that it will arm you with what you would need to accomplish your goal. Set an alarm to ring each night and try to get up when you hear it. Doing so for two to three nights for two hours begins adjusting your body to that activity. Such reading frequency, you would notice after a while, expands your memory, making you smarter.

Finally, reading is like an eight-month pregnancy. It will reflect on your speech, writing, and grades. Virtually everyone around you, including your tutors, would know you're in a sizzling romance with reading. Sacrificing few hours a day can get you there and addicted to reading.

2 Likes

Re: Reading Can Get You High by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 27, 2018
Electricboy:

can i send you a mail , ?I don't really know how to cultivate a good reading habit...

Yes do

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Students Protest In LUTH / Principal's comments On SS1 Female Student Exam Report Got People Talking (pics) / Reports Of Pandemic Is False - Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.