Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,826 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

From A Father's View I - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / From A Father's View I (927 Views)

From A Father's View V: I Stopped Yelling. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

From A Father's View I by Kindoo: 10:54am On Mar 05, 2018
Some Fruits or Snacks
(Little things that count. Family)

'Pon  Pon' Honey's car sounds,  the children burst out from wherever they are playing, working.  'Mum is back,  mum is back' they shout and run out to welcome her. Moment later, I see every one of them with a wrap of pop corn each, crunching! crunching!!

This how it usually happens. Whenever my wife goes to work,  or a long journey , the children are always eager, waiting for her to come back. And anytime  she comes,  life burst up in the house. On my own side,  when I come back from work, there was nothing like that. They stayed in their rooms playing  their  games, watching  cartoons or something  else.  They seemed not to bother about my presence.

I love to have them burst out to me that way,  it excites me.  So I look at what my wife does that I don't do. I found out that, I usually come back home with my office bag  alone. Nothing else. My wife will come with her bag and fruits, or snacks.
I decided to key into the spirit, I started buying snacks or fruits whenever I am coming back. Though it doesn't actually  cost much but it worked. They burst out saying 'Welcome dad, welcome dad' looking keenly at my extra bag, taking my office bag. I love the experience and I am happy I do it. If I will not do anything while coming back home from work or journey, I will surely try as much as I can, to get something for the children. Then I have a lovely  welcome that I love. They run to me,  saying,  'welcome dad,  welcome dad'

(1) (Reply)

Warm, Clear, And Sunny / ASHPAGAD- The War Of The New Worlds / Only Legends Can Relate To This Image

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.