Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,798 members, 7,956,046 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:26 PM

Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) (52161 Views)

My Sojourn Of 4 Years In Obafemi Awolowo University: Signing Out Pictures' / Pictures Only People Who Attend Obafemi Awolowo University Will Relate To / Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) by ADRIAN88(m): 6:24pm On Mar 05, 2018
Na longest building we wan chop! Mtchewwwwww!
If u can, pls travel abroad for some decent, standard education.

We outta here!!

Re: Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 05, 2018
EsotericMonk:
Unnecessary grandstanding going on here, we just love to cover our mediocrity with visually stimulating achievements.
*Giant of Africa
*Largest factory in Africa
*Longest building in West Africa
*Most populous nation in Africa
*Largest parry in Africa
........all to no end. How does this improve the university output
How does it improve the university standing in terms of research and quality of graduates?
Till tomorrow, Egypt, SA, Ethiopia, Kenya make less noise but are head and above the best of our universities at the world stage.
As they say, empty barrels make the loudest noise
Re: Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) by olawonder(m): 6:29pm On Mar 05, 2018
Greatness is attributed to the place simply because it has a long building? OP is amazed by a structure that didn’t fall from sky, didn’t appear overnight and certainly isn’t built with marble and gold... It isn’t a miracle you dumb fu€k! Hv u ever been anywhere in your life other the village whr the uni is located? Or how do u jump to the conclusion that this is “possibly the longest building in West Africa”
Re: Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 05, 2018
HighIQ:
The building is said to be the new building for the the faculty of environmental design and management (EDM) believed to be the longest structure in West Africa.
see waste of land...assuming that land was used for farming,the price of garri won't be high.
I,ambassador of garri was here
Re: Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) by Bimpe29: 6:39pm On Mar 05, 2018
Good to know, but maintenance culture here has always been poor.

1 Like

Re: Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) by bamoski(m): 6:39pm On Mar 05, 2018
AbuMikey:

The Same UAM I visited last year? that is almost a forest? gringrin

Even Benue State University is better!

The whole UAM?

Please don't ever repeat that statement again.

1 Like

Re: Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) by Hakeem12(m): 6:51pm On Mar 05, 2018
Lol, their father. We lead, others follow. Except for the faded ones who need renovating. Especially amphitheatre
Re: Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) by SoldierBoy1(m): 6:51pm On Mar 05, 2018
Adedayobusayo12:
Na learner where Convenant and Landmark they.
Oga mi Sir, thanks for appreciating my school and her Sister University

1 Like

Re: Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:05pm On Mar 05, 2018
rickyboss333:

exactly! then what will third mainland bridge be na

Correct!

I just brought forward an example of a structure longer than that building.......so.....
Re: Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) by Salym(m): 7:06pm On Mar 05, 2018
HighIQ:
The building is said to be the new building for the the faculty of environmental design and management (EDM) believed to be the longest structure in West Africa.
I disagree. Check this building in BUK new site.

Re: Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) by cadre88(m): 7:34pm On Mar 05, 2018
Them don start, Ife people. All these gragra no dey tire una?
HighIQ:
Re: Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) by wman(m): 7:46pm On Mar 05, 2018
Stop hyping crap. Stop exaggerating shit.
From an OAU alumnus
Re: Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) by Nuesbab: 7:48pm On Mar 05, 2018
I know this building. That's where building department student used to have some of their lectures back then circa 2009/2010. I use to read there too. just behind pharmacy faculty close to where the EBA and Okoro soup joint. choi i miss those days
Re: Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) by Suko110(m): 8:02pm On Mar 05, 2018
kolafolabi:
Thanks to TETfund
No, thanks to good management
Re: Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) by Nobody: 8:02pm On Mar 05, 2018
TEYA:
Other countries are displaying engineering genius by smashing records for tallest building and here we are competing for longest building. Any stupid bricklayer can build a very long building.
So what is the difference tallest and longest...all na est...if tallest is worth celebrating the why not longest?

1 Like

Re: Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 05, 2018
more like a poultry
Re: Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 05, 2018
Universities in the Western world celebrate and boast about innovations and amazing discoveries in medicine, tech and science but universities in dark Africa celebrate "longest" building. Shame! Shame!! Shame!!!
Re: Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) by Toyin001: 8:46pm On Mar 05, 2018
Icon79:
Abeg, mek I hear word, jor. That's how they used to claim that Uni Ife is the most beautiful campus in Nigeria .... only to find nothing but a savage wasteland when I eventually visited the campus.

O pari

Mr pained fellow, Amphitheatre-Oduduwa Hall and Spider alone will buy all the best buildings in that your school that I don't even know... undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) by Toyin001: 8:51pm On Mar 05, 2018
And for all those moaning, longest in West Africa, they mean amongst tertiary institutions and not the general public. Your minds should've been quick enough to think that...
Re: Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) by wmoruf(m): 9:01pm On Mar 05, 2018
bamoski:
University of Agriculture Makurdi is the best uni in nigeria and sub saharan africa at large.
are u sure bout dat??
Re: Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) by abdulkayus(m): 9:18pm On Mar 05, 2018
Salym:

I disagree. Check this building in BUK new site.

Tell them my guy, they always think the world revolve around their bumbum. They never tend to know much about what is happening in the north apart from bad news.
Re: Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) by bigtt76(f): 9:28pm On Mar 05, 2018
More like a poultry house if you ask me grin BTW is it bigger than the mall at Sangotedo? tongue
Re: Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) by Mubarak05(m): 10:54pm On Mar 05, 2018
Another Great Ife is a counterfeit.....
what do you expect ��
#Greatest ife......
Re: Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) by pope5(m): 11:12pm On Mar 05, 2018
Pretty nice building, i supervised the New pharmacy building just opposite it and then the drain beside it. Its actually about 245m long
Re: Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) by pope5(m): 11:29pm On Mar 05, 2018
Throw back pics during construction

1 Like

Re: Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) by Bhol28: 11:32pm On Mar 05, 2018
Only one Great Ife in d universe,Another one is counterfeit!!!!
Re: Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) by AbuMikey(m): 12:48am On Mar 06, 2018
bamoski:

The whole UAM?

Please don't ever repeat that statement again.

Yes!
The Whole UAM gringrin

From North Core to South Core! cheesy

I had enough time to tour around after winning a Gold Medal during NUGA games.

Once again, BSU is wayyyyyyy better(finer) than UAM.
Re: Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:05am On Mar 06, 2018
Inception:

IT is!

Just had to quote you to confirm bruv grin
Nigerians and yeye so others no follow.... Who dis best de epp nowadays...
Re: Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) by bamoski(m): 7:09am On Mar 06, 2018
AbuMikey:

Yes!
The Whole UAM gringrin

From North Core to South Core! cheesy

I had enough time to tour around after winning a Gold Medal during NUGA games.

Once again, BSU is wayyyyyyy better(finer) than UAM.

grin grin Hater

Not surprised sha, BSU students have always being jealous of UAM for reasons unknown.
Re: Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) by Richohm(m): 11:33am On Mar 06, 2018
any other great ife, is a counterfeit!!!! the only available university... u go to others... na ur fault...
Re: Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) by Auxcoty(m): 12:22pm On Mar 06, 2018
The Federal Government has been on it since the days of Shagari... Get your facts before saying what you don't know
kolafolabi:
Thanks to TETfund

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Mum Pays N1.58k School Fees She Owed In 1969, Principal Writes Letter / Picture Of Professor Cyril Ndifon (UNICAL) By Stella Dimokokorkus / PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.