Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Help Solve This THERMODYNAMICS - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help Solve This THERMODYNAMICS (531 Views)

The Fear Of Thermodynamics � / Help Solve Primary 4 Qualitative Assignment / Can U Solve This Primary 6 Quantitative Reasoning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help Solve This THERMODYNAMICS by Adebowhales(m): 6:43pm On Mar 05, 2018
Engineers oyaa come solve the problems.
1) An engine developing 37.5 kw uses 9.0kg of oil per hour of calorific volume 45 mj. 8.5 kw are used to overcome friction in the engine itself.
Determine
i) brate power (BP),
ii) S. F. C (specific fuel consumption) (brake basis.
Iii) mechanical efficiency of the engine.

2) A vessel of volume 0.2m³ contains nitrogen at 1.013 bar and 15°c. If 0.2kg of nitrogen is now pumped into the vessel, Calculate the new pressure when the vessel has returned to its initial temperature. The molar mass of nitrogen is 28 kg/kmol.

3) The overall volume expansion ratio of a car not cycle is 15. The temperature limits of the cycle are 260°c and 21°c.
Determine
I) volume ratio of isothermal and adiabatic processes.
Ii) The thermal efficiency of the cycle.
Take y =1.4

Engineers oyaa come solve the problems.
1) An engine developing 37.5 kw uses 9.0kg of oil per hour of calorific volume 45 mj. 8.5 kw are used to overcome friction in the engine itself.
Determine
i) brate power (BP),
ii) S. F. C (specific fuel consumption) (brake basis.
Iii) mechanical efficiency of the engine.

2) A vessel of volume 0.2m³ contains nitrogen at 1.013 bar and 15°c. If 0.2kg of nitrogen is now pumped into the vessel, Calculate the new pressure when the vessel has returned to its initial temperature. The molar mass of nitrogen is 28 kg/kmol.

3) The overall volume expansion ratio of a car not cycle is 15. The temperature limits of the cycle are 260°c and 21°c.
Determine
I) volume ratio of isothermal and adiabatic processes.
Ii) The thermal efficiency of the cycle.
Take y =1.4
Re: Help Solve This THERMODYNAMICS by Aminu212: 8:25pm On Mar 05, 2018
Listening for solution

(1) (Reply)

What's The Name Of This Plant? / Apply For 2018 Western Union Foundation Global Scholarship Program / OAU Diploma And Certificate Programmes For 2017/2018 Session Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.