Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

Hello I Need Help - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Hello I Need Help (1775 Views)

Hello I Am Igor, Moving To Nigeria Very Soon What Chance Of Relationship Have I? / Hello I Am The Satan. A Pretty Satan / Pre-Wedding Photos Of 2 Corpers Set To Wed In Imo: "From Hello, Hi To Wedding" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hello I Need Help by Nobody: 9:06pm On Mar 05, 2018
I am new in relationship issue.

i called a girl, we have been friends for long now. i told her straight that I want to marry her.

she told me to call later, but not today

please like how many days can i call.

and i need advice from professionals in the house. thanks
Re: Hello I Need Help by blackpanthar: 10:01pm On Mar 05, 2018
give her time to break up with other fvck boys disturbing her.... and time to think about your qualities again with respect to marriage.

BUT dont break her heart o

yankeedodo:

i called a girl, we have been friends for long now. i told her straight that I want to marry her.

Re: Hello I Need Help by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:09pm On Mar 05, 2018
yankeedodo:

Was it over the phone you were telling her that you want to marry her?
Re: Hello I Need Help by CuriousMynd: 10:12pm On Mar 05, 2018
Wait for 730½ days

4 Likes

Re: Hello I Need Help by QueenSuccubus(f): 12:16am On Mar 06, 2018
grin

Men nowadays sha...juz proposing anyhow. Anyway, ur not the first & definitely u will not be the last But make sure the ring is pawnable once u decided to put the ring on it... grin

2 Likes

Re: Hello I Need Help by Martin0(m): 5:47am On Mar 06, 2018
QueenSuccubus:
grin

Men nowadays sha...juz proposing anyhow. Anyway, ur not the first & definitely u will not be the last But make sure the ring is pawnable once u decided to put the ring on it... grin

gringrin abeg what the best way to propose to a philipino coz only that I know will be good and accepted by yougrin
Re: Hello I Need Help by Lionessza(f): 5:56am On Mar 06, 2018
yankeedodo:

I'm no " professional " and your post sounds funny. Lol, you called a friend to propose marriage? WTF? . Why not start dating her if she has interest?.

@the bolded, that should tell you she doesn't have time for you lol.
Re: Hello I Need Help by QueenSuccubus(f): 7:24am On Mar 06, 2018
Martin0:

gringrin abeg what the best way to propose to a philipino coz only that I know will be good and accepted by yougrin

grin

Honestly...it's very seldom to find a filipino guy that will propose to his gf unless both them like a fancy proposal cheesy

Usually & it's very common that the guy will bring his parents or relatives to his gf's house and ask her hand for marriage.. grin
Re: Hello I Need Help by Sunexy(m): 7:36am On Mar 06, 2018
Lionessza:

I'm no " professional " and your post sounds funny. Lol, you called a friend to propose marriage? WTF? . Why not start dating her if she has interest?.

@the bolded, that should tell you she doesn't have time for you lol.
In some parts of Africa, u don't have to date b4 u marry...just ask the opposite sex if he/she will marry u or not..perhaps, he is from one of such places
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Hello I Need Help by Lionessza(f): 7:44am On Mar 06, 2018
Sunexy:

In some parts of Africa, u don't have date b4 u marry...just ask the opposite of he/she will marry u or not..perhaps, he is from one of such place
cheesy

Lol, I didn't know people still do this. Perhaps you are correct. I wonder if such marriages last cry.
Re: Hello I Need Help by amprat: 8:20am On Mar 06, 2018
Lionessza:

Lol, I didn't know people still do this. Perhaps you are correct. I wonder if such marriages last cry.
According to the post, they've been Friends for long, meaning they should know and understand each other.
But proposing over the phone....?

1 Like

Re: Hello I Need Help by Lionessza(f): 8:38am On Mar 06, 2018
amprat:

According to the post, they've been Friends for long, meaning they should know and understand each other.
But proposing over the phone....?

Yes , I got the part about them being friends. But I'm also confused about the over the phone proposal , it kind of suggests the friendship wasn't close enough or he wasn't comfortable discussing this with her in person , which speaks volume. Perhaps they should first try have a romantic relationship before thinking about marriage, what's the rush ?.
Re: Hello I Need Help by amprat: 8:43am On Mar 06, 2018
Lionessza:

Yes , I got the part about them being friends. But I'm also confused about the over the phone proposal , it kind of suggests the friendship wasn't close enough or he wasn't comfortable discussing this with her in person , which speaks volume. Perhaps they should first try have a romantic relationship before thinking about marriage, what's the rush ?.
maybe he has self esteem issues, can't handle face to face rejection .

1 Like

Re: Hello I Need Help by CAPSLOCKED: 9:37am On Mar 06, 2018
yankeedodo:

YOU'RE NEW TO RELATIONSHIP ISSUES..

MEANING YOU HAVE VERY LITTLE OR ZERO KNOWLEDGE OF HOW RELATIONSHIPS WORK.
AND YOU'RE HEADING STRAIGHT TO MARRIAGE?

I FELT MY OWN SHARE WHEN I HAD A FIRST TASTE OF POSITIVE EMOTIONS. I DESPERATELY NEEDED TO MARRY HER THAT DAY, WHEN I WAS JUST A FRESHMAN IN UNI.. A MONTH INTO THE SEMESTER.
ALMOST A DECADE NOW AND I LAUGH AT MYSELF, AND THE TERRIBLE DECISIONS I HAD MADE IN THE PAST.

YOU DON'T JUST MARRY THE FIRST PERSON YOU COME ACROSS THAT YOU LIKE, WITHOUT HAVING A FEEL OF WHAT RELATIONSHIPS ARE. DON'T BE A CLOWN.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hello I Need Help by LegendMessenger: 10:02am On Mar 06, 2018
yankeedodo:

www.wetclef.com
Re: Hello I Need Help by XhosaNostra(f): 10:15am On Mar 06, 2018
Just friends or dating?

If just friends, that's a bit creepy & overwhelming.

If dating, she probably needs time to think it through. Marriage is a huge commitment for some people. It requires real thinking because life as you know it will change etc.

1 Like

Re: Hello I Need Help by Lionessza(f): 11:12am On Mar 06, 2018
amprat:

maybe he has self esteem issues, can't handle face to face rejection .

Perhaps .sigh.
Re: Hello I Need Help by 1stfamous(m): 11:28am On Mar 06, 2018
I did the same thing you did, and now am married, pls call her today and tell her you want to see her, fix a place and open up to her, pls dont break her heart! God bless your union
Re: Hello I Need Help by Martin0(m): 9:51pm On Mar 06, 2018
QueenSuccubus:

grin

Honestly...it's very seldom to find a filipino guy that will propose to his gf unless both them like a fancy proposal cheesy

Usually & it's very common that the guy will bring his parents or relatives to his gf's house and ask her hand for marriage.. grin

waow in Nigeria such practice Is best described as old school pattern, u know Nigerians are copy copygringrin
Re: Hello I Need Help by Nobody: 10:07pm On Mar 06, 2018
That statement was too straightforward.
Re: Hello I Need Help by QueenSuccubus(f): 2:28am On Mar 07, 2018
Martin0:

waow in Nigeria such practice Is best described as old school pattern, u know Nigerians are copy copygringrin

grin

Well, Nigeria was part of the British colony for many decades so i am not surprised that until now y'all practising the Brit-ish way wink

But it's up for the new generation if they gonna change the usual custom or will juz continue to practised what they been taught..
Re: Hello I Need Help by Nobody: 2:50am On Mar 07, 2018
Perhaps she has someone else. Or she wants to pray about it. Give her that call next month
Re: Hello I Need Help by Nobody: 9:00pm On Mar 07, 2018
thanks for all your comments. I still need more
Re: Hello I Need Help by Martin0(m): 5:23am On Mar 08, 2018
QueenSuccubus:

grin

Well, Nigeria was part of the British colony for many decades so i am not surprised that until now y'all practising the Brit-ish way wink

yeah

But it's up for the new generation if they gonna change the usual custom or will juz continue to practised what they been taught..
we hope they will.
Re: Hello I Need Help by QueenSuccubus(f): 6:22am On Mar 08, 2018
Martin0:

we hope they will.

grin

Hey...why ur friend said that he didn't know u posted his numba lipsrsealed

He sent me a VN about killing in Ng angry cry nawa ooo
Re: Hello I Need Help by Martin0(m): 6:38am On Mar 08, 2018
QueenSuccubus:

grin

Hey...why ur friend said that he didn't know u posted his numba lipsrsealed yeah coz he never told me to do so, I only informed him of it after I did.

He sent me a VN about killing in Ng angry cry nawa ooo
really? Na WA ooo gringrin
Re: Hello I Need Help by QueenSuccubus(f): 7:16am On Mar 08, 2018
Martin0:
really? Na WA ooo gringrin

I tot it was his VN...only to find out its about someone talking about the killings in Ng embarassed

Nawa for ur friend..but don't tell him i do undastand pidgin..i don't want to scare him grin
Re: Hello I Need Help by Martin0(m): 7:28am On Mar 08, 2018
QueenSuccubus:

I tot it was his VN...only to find out its about someone talking about the killings in Ng embarassed

hahahahah Na WA for u ooogringrin

Nawa for ur friend..but don't tell him i do undastand pidgin..i don't want to scare him grin
no wahala u know one time I was scared to talk to you coz I thought you a Nigerian scammer who portrays himself as a lady, but now I ve got that likeness for you and u never what I really thought.

no problem I work with your deal, won't tell himgringrin
Re: Hello I Need Help by QueenSuccubus(f): 7:58am On Mar 08, 2018
Martin0:
no wahala u know one time I was scared to talk to you coz I thought you a Nigerian scammer who portrays himself as a lady, but now I ve got that likeness for you and u never what I really thought.

no problem I work with your deal, won't tell himgringrin

@bolded.. Chaaaaaiiii! shocked shocked shocked

I juz joined NL to learn pidgin ooo... grin
Re: Hello I Need Help by Martin0(m): 8:29pm On Mar 08, 2018
QueenSuccubus:

@bolded.. Chaaaaaiiii! shocked shocked shocked
I juz joined NL to learn pidgin ooo... grin
hahahahah just only pidgingrin iffa run enter u ehgrin and also Mr Rightgrin
Re: Hello I Need Help by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 08, 2018
1stfamous:
I did the same thing you did, and now am married, pls call her today and tell her you want to see her, fix a place and open up to her, pls dont break her heart! God bless your union
I will like to hear more of your story

(1) (Reply)

Iamairforce1 / Cooking Is Not A Woman's Responsibility In Marriage, How True? / Nigerian Singer, Timaya Reportedly Impregnates Curvy Widow (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.