Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,552 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

‘I Feel Ashamed’ – Dino Melaye On Ghana’s Independence Day Celebration - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘I Feel Ashamed’ – Dino Melaye On Ghana’s Independence Day Celebration (44110 Views)

Dino Melaye On Christmas Vacation With His Children And Father (Pictures) / Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them / Shehu Sani: "Dino Melaye On Drip & Not On Handcuffs, His Neck Bandaged" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘I Feel Ashamed’ – Dino Melaye On Ghana’s Independence Day Celebration by winj: 3:18pm On Mar 06, 2018
a criminal and thief in NASS feels ashamed!
hahahahahah
Re: ‘I Feel Ashamed’ – Dino Melaye On Ghana’s Independence Day Celebration by SirBunky85(m): 3:19pm On Mar 06, 2018
Emmalez:

Nigerian Senator representing Kogi West in the Red Chamber, Dino Melaye, disclosed how amazed he was to witness Ghana’s Independence Day celebration which has so many cultural and national demonstration of love,unity and purpose.

Dino Melaye who is attending the celebration alongside President Buhari and many other politicians, further took a swipe at the Independence Day Celebration in Nigeria, which he said has been turned into a low key event in the Presidential Villa.

Here’s what he wrote;

I feel sad and ashamed this morning as I physically see the cultural and national demonstration of love,unity and purpose exhibited by Ghanaians here at the Black Star Square in Accra- Ghana as Ghana celebrate their 61st independence and 25 years of uninterrupted Democracy. It is sad that My President and eminent Nigerians watch this glamour and respect for heritage which Nigeria as Regional Champions lost years ago. We have stop celebrating anything in Nigeria. I.e Independece day,Democracy day and Children’s day.

Our Independence Day is now a low key event in the Presidential Villa. The Question is how did we get here and why did we get here! We are here president and citizens of Nigeria clapping for our’younger” brother Nation Ghana! What a shame. The reasons for the fear of National celebrations are the colossal injustices in the land. We as leaders at all levels must be fair and just to all. As long as we twist justice and flow in the gown of injustice and hypocrisy we will never openly celebrate like Ghana is doing today. We must decide to re-think and re-build. Altogether we have failed.

We must bring back our long lost reputation. As a child I always look forward to celebrations like this. What will my children and their generation look out for. God will ask us all,leaders of Nigeria our roles in getting to this abysmal level. Hope Mr President and all of us present in Accra today will learn a huge lesson from Ghana. Congratulations Ghana,Africa is proud of you. SDM

source
https://www.reportnaija.ng/2018/03/06/feel-ashamed-sen-dino-melaye-says-ghanas-independence-day-celebration/

dis dino is just a very thrashy hypocrite parading himself as a patriot.anyways, he can only receive d gullible fellows
Re: ‘I Feel Ashamed’ – Dino Melaye On Ghana’s Independence Day Celebration by dukecharles(m): 3:20pm On Mar 06, 2018
Abbeyme:
Do you remember how much was purportedly spent on the Millennial celebration (or whatever it was) during the former President Goodluck Jonathan days?? The amount was never made public.

Politicians as DM would arm-twist such events to satisfy their lust for money. Our leaders have shown us that they are scared of them such them they cant be trusted with public finance.

Where there is no expenditure (or budget allocation), there will be no corruption for such events.

You are so naive and uninformed, half education is dangerous. Stop showing your ignorance in public domain plz.
Check how much that was budgeted by Yaradua for Nigeria at 50, the amount approved by NASS and amount finally used by GEJ. APC has messed your head with propaganda because of your hate and inability to research facts.

Re: ‘I Feel Ashamed’ – Dino Melaye On Ghana’s Independence Day Celebration by TEYA: 3:21pm On Mar 06, 2018
Muzikluva:
Nonsense! I thought he was going to say he was ashamed of Nigeria's economy, Electricity Provision and other national issues compared to that of Ghana but the 'ijiot' is talking about independence day celebration... Gibberish. I was shocked the day I found out that one Ghana cedes is about 80-90naira.
Why are you guys obsessed with this exchange rate thing? Ghana cedis was just like Niger currency. They just slashed some zeros behind it to make it what it is, any country can do that! We Nigerians are good at manufacturing reasons why we must admire other countries but not ours. May God help nigerian youth with common sense.
Re: ‘I Feel Ashamed’ – Dino Melaye On Ghana’s Independence Day Celebration by BetaThings: 3:23pm On Mar 06, 2018
makydebbie:
Proudly Ghanaian. cool

Can you imagine
You are even laughing at us!

Fellow Nigerians, let us get our acts together
We need to hand Ghana a massive defeat in some intellectual contest
Please leave football out
Re: ‘I Feel Ashamed’ – Dino Melaye On Ghana’s Independence Day Celebration by Burgerlomo: 3:25pm On Mar 06, 2018
Muzikluva:
Nonsense! I thought he was going to say he was ashamed of Nigeria's economy, Electricity Provision and other national issues compared to that of Ghana but the 'ijiot' is talking about independence day celebration... Gibberish. I was shocked the day I found out that one Ghana cedes is about 80-90naira.

Yes it is, and before the exchange rate for that 80-90 naira to one cedes is almost millions Ghana cedes cool
Re: ‘I Feel Ashamed’ – Dino Melaye On Ghana’s Independence Day Celebration by Lipscomb(m): 3:25pm On Mar 06, 2018
undecided very stupid man.
Re: ‘I Feel Ashamed’ – Dino Melaye On Ghana’s Independence Day Celebration by BetaThings: 3:26pm On Mar 06, 2018
ANOWEDGREAT:

Nigerians lost it all when they started voting in their presidents based on tribal and religious sentiments.

And they have entrenched it in the brain, mind, DNA of Nigerians
Whenever any appointment is made, the scrutiny starts with
religion,
tribe

then qualifications
Re: ‘I Feel Ashamed’ – Dino Melaye On Ghana’s Independence Day Celebration by Burgerlomo: 3:29pm On Mar 06, 2018
michoim:
You should rather be ashame of that cockroach bridge that you built as your constituency project...

Don't mind him, he's now asking how did we get there as a country as if he's not part of the problems that people are facing cool

Re: ‘I Feel Ashamed’ – Dino Melaye On Ghana’s Independence Day Celebration by BetaThings: 3:39pm On Mar 06, 2018
dukecharles:

You are so naive and uninformed, half education is dangerous. Stop showing your ignorance in public domain plz.
Check how much that was budgeted by Yaradua for Nigeria at 50, the amount approved by NASS and amount finally used by GEJ. APC has messed your head with propaganda because of your hate and inability to research facts.

Source please
PDP does unparralled propaganda
Look at these threads

https://www.nairaland.com/433272/jonathan-goodluck-miracle-man
They claimed in APRIL 2010 that Jonathan had solved the power problem

https://www.nairaland.com/504086/jonathan-eliminate-power-outage-2012
Re: ‘I Feel Ashamed’ – Dino Melaye On Ghana’s Independence Day Celebration by BetaThings: 3:43pm On Mar 06, 2018
The national budget has been with Dino Melaye and his fellow senators since Nov
We are in March
The country's economy is at stake

Frontpage of Nairaland is dominated by comments on BBN and the future of Wenger/Arsenal
Re: ‘I Feel Ashamed’ – Dino Melaye On Ghana’s Independence Day Celebration by BetaThings: 3:46pm On Mar 06, 2018
TEYA:

Why are you guys obsessed with this exchange rate thing? Ghana cedis was just like Niger currency. They just slashed some zeros behind it to make it what it is, any country can do that! We Nigerians are good at manufacturing reasons why we must admire other countries but not ours. May God help nigerian youth with common sense.

It is not lack of common sense
It is because they don't understand economics
Exchange has an emotional appeal

When you tell them the rate of the Japanese yen to the US dollar, they begin to understand
Re: ‘I Feel Ashamed’ – Dino Melaye On Ghana’s Independence Day Celebration by makydebbie(f): 3:47pm On Mar 06, 2018
BetaThings:

Can you imagine
You are even laughing at us!

Fellow Nigerians, let us get our acts together
We need to hand Ghana a massive defeat in some intellectual contest
Please leave football out
Goodluck then.
Re: ‘I Feel Ashamed’ – Dino Melaye On Ghana’s Independence Day Celebration by PSTEMMA1960(m): 4:04pm On Mar 06, 2018
utenwuson:
just go to his facebook page and follow him, u will see projects all the senators representing you since 1999 can not boast of.
u mean the new bridge?
Re: ‘I Feel Ashamed’ – Dino Melaye On Ghana’s Independence Day Celebration by wakeupafricanyo: 4:18pm On Mar 06, 2018
DANKWAMBO time ticking
Re: ‘I Feel Ashamed’ – Dino Melaye On Ghana’s Independence Day Celebration by vertueptime: 4:20pm On Mar 06, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:
Dino my man, what has he as a senator done for his people in Kogi state?

He speaks on their behalf on all major nationl issues
Re: ‘I Feel Ashamed’ – Dino Melaye On Ghana’s Independence Day Celebration by Killurself: 4:27pm On Mar 06, 2018
He is feeling ashamed what did he contribute to Nigeria or kogi state. He build gather call it bridge and he was ashamed why not ashamed of himself. Shameless ashamed
Re: ‘I Feel Ashamed’ – Dino Melaye On Ghana’s Independence Day Celebration by TechAddiction: 4:32pm On Mar 06, 2018
makydebbie:
Proudly Ghanaian. cool

Makky wats up? Wud be coming to gh very soon, hope u gonna take me round?
Re: ‘I Feel Ashamed’ – Dino Melaye On Ghana’s Independence Day Celebration by gidgiddy: 4:35pm On Mar 06, 2018
Ghana is a country that works as a nation eith Ashantes, Ewes and Gans, to mention a few, who are proud to be Ghanaians.

Nigeria on the other hand does not work as a nation

Re: ‘I Feel Ashamed’ – Dino Melaye On Ghana’s Independence Day Celebration by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 06, 2018
Nigerians are already building Ghana, because we are global citizens, if Nigeria fails, Africa will accept our brains. When you put structures on ground, businessmen will come, so why must I be loyal and patriotic to a country where Humans lives and those of animals are not respected ?

We kill and eat everything that walks, crawls, swims and flies. Now we are about to invent ways to eat witches and wizards, raw. All because we love Mohammed and Jesus more than we love each other and we are ready to vote a cow to be President as long as his faith and tribe is an ally to ours.

I do not even know why I am even reading Nigerian news sef.
Re: ‘I Feel Ashamed’ – Dino Melaye On Ghana’s Independence Day Celebration by sleemomymy: 4:41pm On Mar 06, 2018
O my God. Dino! Dino!! Dino!!!. This someone who build covelt and said he build bridges as constituency project. you are surpose to hide your face in shame. You are in a position bring the much needed change yet what did you do? you join Saraki to loot Nigeria. God is watching.
Re: ‘I Feel Ashamed’ – Dino Melaye On Ghana’s Independence Day Celebration by ameh99: 4:48pm On Mar 06, 2018
When you and all other criminal at the upper house sent all your kids to school abroad...

Which pikin you wan come use take celebrate or portray culture...
Re: ‘I Feel Ashamed’ – Dino Melaye On Ghana’s Independence Day Celebration by Muzikluva(m): 4:54pm On Mar 06, 2018
TEYA:

Do you really know the meaning of obsession?? May God help you also with common sense.
Re: ‘I Feel Ashamed’ – Dino Melaye On Ghana’s Independence Day Celebration by makydebbie(f): 4:55pm On Mar 06, 2018
TechAddiction:

Makky wats up? Wud be coming to gh very soon, hope u gonna take me round?
I can't promise this please. I'm very busy these days and work takes most of my time.

Secondly, I don't know Accra that much to take you round.
Re: ‘I Feel Ashamed’ – Dino Melaye On Ghana’s Independence Day Celebration by TechAddiction: 5:03pm On Mar 06, 2018
makydebbie:
I can't promise this please. I'm very busy these days and work takes most of my time.

Secondly, I don't know Accra that much to take you round.

Makky don't even go dere cos u do comment on every thread here on Nairaland so u gat d time, if not for anything during d weekend, moreover u not knowing Accra too well, where u cum dey for gh na? Eastern or Western region?
Re: ‘I Feel Ashamed’ – Dino Melaye On Ghana’s Independence Day Celebration by makydebbie(f): 5:09pm On Mar 06, 2018
TechAddiction:

Makky don't even go dere cos u do comment on every thread here on Nairaland so u gat d time, if not for anything during d weekend, moreover u not knowing Accra too well, where u cum dey for gh na? Eastern or Western region?
You're seeing me online by this time because it's a public holiday, today and tomorrow.
And no, of late, I don't 'comment on every thread on nairaland'.

I stay in Accra, but I hardly go out, I'm not the right candidate that'll make you enjoy your stay here.
Re: ‘I Feel Ashamed’ – Dino Melaye On Ghana’s Independence Day Celebration by Nobody: 5:10pm On Mar 06, 2018
The annoying part of this write-up is where he called Ghana "Our younger brother".....Is dino mad or what? How is Ghana our younger brother?.....
Re: ‘I Feel Ashamed’ – Dino Melaye On Ghana’s Independence Day Celebration by TechAddiction: 5:13pm On Mar 06, 2018
makydebbie:
You're seeing me online by this time because it's a public holiday, today and tomorrow.
And no, of late, I don't 'comment on every thread on nairaland'.

I stay in Accra, but I hardly go out, I'm not the right candidate that'll make you enjoy your stay here.

Good nd fine.. I can see u re a reserved lady...But nothing will stop me from seeing u where ever u re in Accra be it kasoa - madina, or dansoman- tema, east legon nd d rest... I just wanna see makydebbie
Re: ‘I Feel Ashamed’ – Dino Melaye On Ghana’s Independence Day Celebration by makydebbie(f): 5:19pm On Mar 06, 2018
TechAddiction:

Good nd fine.. I can see u re a reserved lady...But nothing will stop me from seeing u where ever u re in Accra be it kasoa - madina, or dansoman- tema, east legon nd d rest... I just wanna see makydebie
Lmao, okay. grin
Re: ‘I Feel Ashamed’ – Dino Melaye On Ghana’s Independence Day Celebration by subcbouy: 5:22pm On Mar 06, 2018
UnknownT:
You will be 58 by October, but calling your brother who is 61 "younger brother". Wetin we dey feel like sef as Nigerians angry
Haha age is just a figure, bro. Ask Ghanaians about Nigeria, you would be drilled and surprised about what the people will tell you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Could Have Slapped Kwankwaso At Aso Rock, Says Ganduje / Young Soldier Dies In Enugu State After His Passing Out Parade In Kaduna. Photo / Special Message By DSS On Social Media In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.