Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience (10150 Views)

Itel And Olamide Launch Itel P36 And P36 Pro In First Virtual Product Launch / Nigeria’s First Virtual Reality Documentary On Life In IDP Camps Makes Its Debut / Mozilla Launches Firefox Reality Browser for Virtual Reality Browsing experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by irepnaija4eva(m): 9:12am On Mar 07, 2018
[quote author=Pangea post=65625844]

I don't know about her own but on the Samsung Galaxy Gear VR
The experience is crazy
Wish I can record a video of it for you guys!
Imagine flying over the Sun in all its glory,
Cascading down a water fall?
Or Sitting down alone before a screen that is wider than the one in the cinema, watching movies?
Its really great
In fact you can connect with the divine, in that environment, reason being, it puts you right there!
Take you from your bedroom into another dimension!
Those oculus people are into witchcraft!
Infact a villager will mistake VR as witchcraft![/quote

Which other type of phone can it be used with?]

2 Likes

Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by Nicklaus619(m): 9:56am On Mar 07, 2018
Pangea:

The experience is crazy
Or Sitting down alone before a screen that is wider than the one in the cinema, watching movies?
Its really great
In fact you can connect with the divine, in that environment, reason being, it puts you right there!
Infact a villager will mistake VR as witchcraft!

Where the heck have I been ? Dude abeg nah how much u buy ya own ?

2 Likes

Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by Nobody: 11:19am On Mar 07, 2018
Pangea:

The experience is crazy
Its really great
Infact a villager will mistake VR as witchcraft!
The experience is crazy, I heard Samsung is releasing another vr soon with a built in 4k display. But it would be expensive.

1 Like

Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by eleojo23: 11:20am On Mar 07, 2018
grossintel:
The experience is crazy, I heard Samsung is releasing another vr soon with a built in 4k display. But it would be expensive.

Does it work with other phones that are not from Samsung?

1 Like

Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 07, 2018
eleojo23:

Does it work with other phones that are not from Samsung?
no, can't work with non Samsung phones. Infact not even all Samsung phones, I think it supports only s6/s6 edge/edge plus, s7 and s7 edge, s8 and s8 plus, s9 and s9 plus and note 8. But mainly on there flagship phones. But can't work with other phones, it comes with a wireless controller, you can also buy other controllers.

3 Likes

Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by eleojo23: 11:27am On Mar 07, 2018
grossintel:
no, can't work with non Samsung phones. Infact not even all Samsung phones, I think it supports only s6/s6 edge/edge plus, s7 and s7 edge, s8 and s8 plus, s9 and s9 plus and note 8. But mainly on there flagship phones. But can't work with other phones, it comes with a wireless controller, you can also buy other controllers.

OK..thanks.

1 Like

Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by Horlaarsco: 12:25pm On Mar 07, 2018
Follygunners:

Imagine dis one...
Say �
Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by Pangea: 1:27pm On Mar 07, 2018
MrBONE2:
Please Will a BoneBeing like me be able to use it.

If your eyes are functioning, you don’t have a problem
Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by Pangea: 1:29pm On Mar 07, 2018
[quote author=irepnaija4eva post=65629669][/quote]

Any Samsung galaxy from galaxy 6 can use it
It has adapter for for micro usb and type c
Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by Pangea: 1:33pm On Mar 07, 2018
Nicklaus619:

Mine was a little expensive,it’s the one for Samsung note 8 and a little bigger than the normal.
I bought it on eBay for 79.99 dollars
The normal size can be bought for 50 dollars.

1 Like

Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by Pangea: 1:34pm On Mar 07, 2018
grossintel:

Let them bring it on! grin
Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by Asapdenny: 4:01pm On Mar 07, 2018
Pangea:

Mine was a little expensive,it’s the one for Samsung note 8 and a little bigger than the normal.
I bought it on eBay for 79.99 dollars
The normal size can be bought for 50 dollars.

how did you manage to buy stuff from eBay and ship to Nigeria? I always wanted to buy from eBay but couldn't because they don't ship to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by Jaculze(m): 4:59pm On Mar 07, 2018
Can I use it on any android device like my TECNO Spark?
Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by eleojo23: 6:18pm On Mar 07, 2018
Jaculze:

Your phone must have a gyroscope for you to really enjoy the virtual reality
Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by Annibel(f): 6:22pm On Mar 07, 2018
Jaculze:
yes, it can be used with the tecno spark but then it wouldn't be that great because both the spark k7 and k9 doesn't have a gyroscope which means you wouldn't be able to get head tracking and the resolution isn't that great either because it can only play video with about 1280 x 720 resolution.
in short you'd be able to watch 3d side by side videos or games but you wouldn't get the best experience.

1 Like

Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by mayorall(m): 6:26pm On Mar 07, 2018
Asapdenny:

how did you manage to buy stuff from eBay and ship to Nigeria? I always wanted to buy from eBay but couldn't because they don't ship to Nigeria

We at mayorall can do that for you.

Check signature down below and click on the link to our thread.

Looking forward to seeing you place order with us.

O. Isreal
Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by Pangea: 6:45pm On Mar 07, 2018
Asapdenny:

I'm in the US!
Sorry

1 Like

Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by Annibel(f): 7:30pm On Mar 07, 2018
Nicklaus619:

Wow this is so cute, pls tell me how it works, I mean is it a kind of a prerecorded games and video or what, abeg gist me I need one ASAP
You'd be able to interact with the virtual environment for games. most games require a remote control in other for you to be able to move around and pick up stuff. But videos are prerecorded. you'd be able to look around tho depending on the type of video, like 360° or 180°.
You can find lots of video like this on YouTube.
Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by MrBONE2(m): 9:00pm On Mar 07, 2018
Pangea:

If your eyes are functioning, you don’t have a problem
Thanks,i will get it.
Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by Nmaster: 10:08pm On Mar 07, 2018
Which phone are you using?
Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by LOVEGINO(m): 10:35pm On Mar 07, 2018
Which app is d best for it?
Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by Pangea: 1:59am On Mar 08, 2018
VR Apps and Games On my Phone (Samsung Note 8 )

Conflict0: Shattered
Blade Runner
Suicide Squad: Special OPS VR
The Missed Space Flight
Coaster Combat
Amazing Cinema
Samsung Phonecast (This is very useful, it allows you to use all your phone apps in VR, all of you using Terrarium, you are covered)
Rilix Coaster
Earthview 3D
Pyramids Roller coaster
Epic Roller Coaster
Netflix VR
Facebook 360
Oculus Browser
Discovery VR

Please be careful when you are playing the VR games, so that you dont hit the wall with your face or fall something down, ok?

2 Likes

Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by fr3do(m): 5:52am On Mar 08, 2018
Annibel:

I bought it for 3k... from Jumia. Since it was shipped from overseas, I paid a shipping fee of 800. total 3800

3800 shocked
Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by Ksslib(m): 11:16am On Mar 08, 2018
Asapdenny:

You have nothing to worry, speciut cargo have you covered. They have a thread here on NL and they've been helping clients bring goods to Nigeria for years. I ordered a couple of goods through them.

cc: bizbloke

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by Thebrightest(m): 11:20am On Mar 08, 2018
grossintel:
you can adjust the focal length.
Thats cool.
Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by geezyk(m): 12:53pm On Mar 08, 2018
Nicklaus619:

I have a gear vr 2017 for sale 20k flat.
Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by Nicklaus619(m): 1:07pm On Mar 08, 2018
geezyk:
I have a gear vr 2017 for sale 20k flat.

Gimme ya digit
Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by geezyk(m): 1:09pm On Mar 08, 2018
[quote author=Nicklaus619 post=65664456]

Gimme ya digit [/ Whatsapp only
Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by Jaculze(m): 3:03pm On Mar 09, 2018
eleojo23:

Your phone must have a gyroscope for you to really enjoy the virtual reality
Thanks Bro.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Action Launcher V33 Update Brings Adaptivezoom Feature & More / Airtel Trybe Night Browsing A Big Scam / My Phone Give A Busy Signal When You Call It..pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.