Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,799 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience (10138 Views)

Itel And Olamide Launch Itel P36 And P36 Pro In First Virtual Product Launch / Nigeria’s First Virtual Reality Documentary On Life In IDP Camps Makes Its Debut / Mozilla Launches Firefox Reality Browser for Virtual Reality Browsing experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by Jaculze(m): 3:04pm On Mar 09, 2018
Annibel:

yes, it can be used with the tecno spark but then it wouldn't be that great because both the spark k7 and k9 doesn't have a gyroscope which means you wouldn't be able to get head tracking and the resolution isn't that great either because it can only play video with about 1280 x 720 resolution.
in short you'd be able to watch 3d side by side videos or games but you wouldn't get the best experience.
Okay, thanks.
Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by Emisco1(m): 7:23pm On Mar 09, 2018
@op. Just have few questions please. Before i get mine

Can all movie play on it. Or only videos that support VR. e.g movie from O2tvseries (the flash)

And again can i use it on any phone, presently am using a tecno boom j7 and infinix hot5 pro.

Lastly. Do u use app in playing movie, therefore ignoring oda video app like MX player
Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by Annibel(f): 11:36pm On Mar 09, 2018
Emisco1:
@op. Just have few questions please. Before i get mine

Can all movie play on it. Or only videos that support VR. e.g movie from O2tvseries (the flash)

And again can i use it on any phone, presently am using a tecno boom j7 and infinix hot5 pro.

Lastly. Do u use app in playing movie, therefore ignoring oda video app like MX player

yes you can watch any movie on it, but normal movies like the once from O2tvseries would be flat and static, just like when you're watching movies on a flat screen or in a cinema.

you can use it on any phone but check if your phone has a gyroscope ( for head tracking) otherwise you wouldn't be able to look in any other direction.

yes you will need an app, the one I have on my phone is Var player pro and VRTV Free. you can search for "Vr Player" on the playstore to find more.

1 Like

Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by Nobody: 10:27am On Mar 12, 2018
Such a great and interesting thread, lalasticlala please come and move this to FP, not everyday BBNiJa and Roman goddess usless ass of poo we don't need such irrelevant topics in FP for christ sake.

1 Like

Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by NaijaTechGuy(m): 10:58am On Mar 12, 2018
Annibel:
So...its been a very long time I've been hearing about this "Virtual reality" thing. I got so interested in it, I decided to get one for myself.
Searched lots of tech stores in PH but didn't find it.
finally I got it on Jumia. mehn... it was awesome!! you know when you watching a movie and it's like you're acting the movie? or like you're in the exact place where the movie is been shown?? It's an amazing experience.

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUOdylnBT-I[/flash]

nice...if you want to have a better experience of virtual reality try visiting Xcapereality in Pleasure Park. Just before Boricamp
Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by frankmoney(m): 10:14am On Apr 03, 2018
Annibel:

I bought it for 3k... from Jumia. Since it was shipped from overseas, I paid a shipping fee of 800. total 3800
can you give me a link ? I want to get one asap
Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by Ufemia26: 9:18pm On Apr 04, 2018
frankmoney:

I have one for sale..
SHINECON VIRTUAL REALITY
Chat me up on WhatsApp 07033654952.
Mine came with headset
Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by Neoteny(m): 6:26am On Apr 05, 2018
This isn't VR. This is crap VR.

I've the Gear VR and even that is a bit of a joke, as is Google Daydream and the Oculus Go (though it's a bit better than the others).

Want true VR? Try HTC Vive Pro or Oculus Rift.

Or go mixed reality with Hololens

1 Like

Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by bobo65(m): 6:30am On Apr 05, 2018
frankmoney:

Come and buy original Samsung VR jare

Very cheap

Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by MarkWayne89: 8:25pm On May 24, 2018
If you're on Samsung phone, I find this website helpful on which VR devices works well smoothly https://www.unlockunit.com/blog/samsung-gear-vr-compatible-phones/
Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by supaflex: 10:44am On Aug 22, 2018
Pangea:
Using the Note 8 edition.
Abeg no use am play those horror games from oculus store if you don't want to get hypertension!
My problem with it is the headache I get after 30 mins.

please where did u get this note 8 edition,av been searching for where to buy it.
Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by Fundango: 1:14pm On Aug 22, 2018
eleojo23:

Your phone must have a gyroscope for you to really enjoy the virtual reality
please infinix note3 have the sensor but 6 inchs display which cheap ones can you help me suggest to use
Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by eleojo23: 6:40pm On Aug 22, 2018
Fundango:

please infinix note3 have the sensor but 6 inchs display which cheap ones can you help me suggest to use

I don't really have any one in mind but I think you can do a search on jumia or AliExpress and buy any one with good reviews that can accommodate a 6 inch phone.

I used a generic VR box to test with my 5.5 inch phone when I tried it.
Re: Wow! My First Virtual Reality Experience by bikerzworld: 1:54pm On Mar 27, 2022
Hello, op. Do you have or know how I can get low cost full body tracker for vr for hand and legs movement.? I am new to vr and its for sports related games. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Airtel Trybe Night Browsing A Big Scam / Data Cap For Mtn BBC Daily... / Action Launcher V33 Update Brings Adaptivezoom Feature & More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.