Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

Tired Of Nigerian Food? Join Me. Variety Is The SPICE For The BELLE. - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Tired Of Nigerian Food? Join Me. Variety Is The SPICE For The BELLE. (19173 Views)

See Variety Of Nigerian Soups. (pictures) / Lockdown Love? Bring Back The Spice! / Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tired Of Nigerian Food? Join Me. Variety Is The SPICE For The BELLE. by comtem2011: 4:23pm On May 31, 2018
bebiee:

You were making sense until it got to this point.
Demented fool
I assume your parents, your husband and your children are part of the wasted citizens
Lowlife piece of trash. Ontop cabbage again? Is that how the thing pain you reach?
Why don't you make yourself useful and educate others on how cabbage can be used on not only salad.
You're just too stupid to think of that.
Fool
My sister, no be small thing o. I wonder how some people reason.

4 Likes

Re: Tired Of Nigerian Food? Join Me. Variety Is The SPICE For The BELLE. by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 31, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:
Thinking of what to eat?
Cereal and strawberry/banana! kiss
5:00AM!
Some NETFLIX first.
Too early to chop.

*watch out for the NL-SHYTE-HOLE- e badu belle and e jolostic pipo* wink
This is nice.
Re: Tired Of Nigerian Food? Join Me. Variety Is The SPICE For The BELLE. by Mariangeles(f): 4:59pm On May 31, 2018
bebiee:

You were making sense until it got to this point.
Demented fool
I assume your parents, your husband and your children are part of the wasted citizens
Lowlife piece of trash. Ontop cabbage again? Is that how the thing pain you reach?
Why don't you make yourself useful and educate others on how cabbage can be used on not only salad.
You're just too stupid to think of that.
Fool
grin grin grin
Why are you wasting your compliments on her, 'cause to me she made absolute no sense at all...
She came out as an aggressive, angry, bitter person with zero class...probably from eating too much rooten cabbage grin "kimchi"
FAKE ASS PEOPLE EVERYWHERE!

13 Likes

Re: Tired Of Nigerian Food? Join Me. Variety Is The SPICE For The BELLE. by Nobody: 6:17pm On May 31, 2018
Going emotional like always.

Has it ever helped any of u achieve anything?
Nope.
So fast to rain curses while the rest of the world is moving on.
Enjoy ur rain of curses.

They don't even know how to pretend to act civil in a forum.
As if swearing and cursing will make one dollar equals a naira.

If Nigeria has different kinds of food like claimed, I will like to see them on the cook,snap and show thread not indomie, ewedu, egwusi etc or yam and foofoo.
That shows what an average Nigerian eat. If u love those foods,cook and celebrate them not throwing tantrums. Other countries cook and celebrate their foods.
I have one of the best selling Nigerian cook book from around the country and the things posted here are what is in that book. I have stayed in almost all parts of Nigeria and have tasted as many Nigerian dishes as I can see but guess what, we don't have cuisines.
Sorry folks but that's the hard truth.
Go to united kingdom or USA and enter a modest restaurant, will u see Nigerian food there?
Nope,why, because we don't have food of international standard except the ones we borrowed like fried rice.
So u can cry me a river, dears.
Who will want to swallow garri or foofoo.
In some countries by now they would have experimented on many ways to use cassava to cook instead of foofoo. What does food and nutrition or home management departments in Nigerian universities do?
Which Nigerian food crop have they experimented with to come up with new dishes?
Instead we are still in the 11th century but will do anything to copy foreign cuisines and later term them Nigerian.
Just like an average Nigerian.
Copy copy.

Is it only food, everything copy copy.
Nothing to be proud of.
Except throwing tantrums and cursing themselves everywhere in social media, what else can u boast of?
Mtcheew.

4 Likes

Re: Tired Of Nigerian Food? Join Me. Variety Is The SPICE For The BELLE. by Hyinkar97(m): 6:59pm On May 31, 2018
sassysure:

Nope.
Enjoy ur rain of curses.

If Nigeria has different kinds of food like claimed, I will like to see them on the cook,snap and show thread not indomie, ewedu, egwusi etc or yam and foofoo.
That shows what an average Nigerian eat. If u love those foods,cook and celebrate them not throwing tantrums. Other countries cook and celebrate their foods.
I have one of the best selling Nigerian cook book from around the country and the things posted here are what is in that book. I have stayed in almost all parts of Nigeria and have tasted as many Nigerian dishes as I can see but guess what, we don't have cuisines.
Go to united kingdom or USA and enter a modest restaurant, will u see Nigerian food there?
Nope,why, because we don't have food of international standard except the ones we borrowed like fried rice.
In some countries by now they would have experimented on many ways to use cassava to cook instead of foofoo. What does food and nutrition or home management departments in Nigerian universities do?
Which Nigerian food crop have they experimented with to come up with new dishes?
Instead we are still in the 11th century but will do anything to copy foreign cuisines and later term them Nigerian.
Copy copy.

Nothing to be proud of.
Except throwing tantrums and cursing themselves everywhere in social media, what else can u boast of?
Mtcheew.

This post doesn’t only reek of ignorance. It reeks of foolishness, bitterness and stupidity to say the least. It would be a shame on you if you ever taste any Nigerian food after this senseless post of yours.

Now, crawl back to whichever hole you crawled out from.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tired Of Nigerian Food? Join Me. Variety Is The SPICE For The BELLE. by Mariangeles(f): 7:27pm On May 31, 2018
sassysure:

Nope.
Enjoy ur rain of curses.

Copy copy.

Nothing to be proud of.
Mtcheew.
You just a FAKE ASS PERSON that is ANGRY because she is black! grin grin grin
Guess what....You're ALWAYS going to be BLACK no matter where you've been and what "cuisines" you've tasted ! kiss
You know what... You should create a thread and title DIARY OF A MAD BLACK NIGERIAN WOMAN ! kiss

FYI; It's FUFU and not foofoo cool

15 Likes

Re: Tired Of Nigerian Food? Join Me. Variety Is The SPICE For The BELLE. by eyinjuege: 7:51pm On May 31, 2018
Make una take am easy o.
Na ordinary food o. Whether intercontinental, or Nigerian, all na food. It will all end up as no 2 lastlast.
The main thing is eating in small portions, and exercising to live a healthier life.
There's nothing wrong in our carbohydrate meals, as its also an important food class. Chinese /Asianmeals are also nice, and they do have carbohydrate too. As I said earlier, it's all about portions and making the right choices in meals.
You guys shouldn't be so harsh on sassysure, as her exposure to Nigerian meals may just be limited to a few.
The same way an average Chinese man's meals is often limited to rice and noodles. That's a staple for them. Because the average Chinese restaurant has a very rich menu (at the end of the day, you find out its the same food they've given differnt names on the menu. You see menu of over hundred meals, and last last they're all similar. Either replacing beef for duck or chicken or shrimps or king prawns
Now, Nigeria is a very large country with several groups who all have their own meals. I can assure you that there are loads of meals many have never tasted. Is it from the different ways hausas make their meats- suya, balango, and about 10 other varieties. These can be taken as a meal on its own with some flat bread, masa, and so many other source of bread, to the various snacks such as kulikuli, groundnut which can be blended and used as a sauce on its own. Similar to some of the sauce in some Chinese meals.
We have so many vegetables from the west despite the fact that people believe Yorubas don't eat vegetables (I'm sure I will be told only ewedu, spinach and soko is available but what about ebolo, worowo and so many other vegetables my mother only brings back from her own mother's village?) Each vegetable with its own distinct taste. We havent talked about the beans and its products like moimoi, akara, apapa, ekuru, all different though from black eyed peas/beans. What of asaro/cottage, ikokore. These are all delicacies. What of the correct stews- atadindin, ayamase,omuoyo?
We havent gone to the Igbo people, and then South South with their differnt vegetable soups all tasting differnt and unique?
Swallows are our staples like rice and noodles to the Chinese. Heck, we even have tuwo shinkafa- rice turned into swallow to show you how we love swallows. Our swallow options are much more than the Chinese options of rice, vermicelli/spaghetti/noodles.
Most of our vegetables soups can be eaten on their own, but you do need a little carbohydrate so a small portion of rice or swallow option is fine with it
What Nigerian foods may need is packaging in terms of giving them some grandiose names.
But then again, why should we? I'm yet to see an Indian give their meals some grandiose names.
A lot of effort is put into our meals. I have felt like eating moimoi for the past weeks. I've been buying the ingredients small by small, and I have beans powder but i still don't have the energy to make it despite the major job of peeling beans is out of the way. I saw one beautiful okro soup on another food thread, and I wish there was someone to cook it for me. Suya, balango, chicken suya, chicken isiewu(not goat head) are just things i can dream of. I don't have energy to do that. Pounded yam is but a dream.

Still on our food abroad, people who know, know.
I have met several oyibo who when they hear im Nigerian, its the jollof they start talking about. One was testifying to his freind and licking his lips when I had a random meeting on the street wiyh them.
Even the swallow, those who dey chop am dey chop am among the oyibo abroad.
To say we don't have variety, na lie. But some foods are common amongst majority.
Anyway, back to oyibo food
Take and chop. Fish and chips. The staple food of Britons. They also don't have variety per say, just their bacon, baked beans, potatoes, eggs in different forms. They have a lot of dessert sha, and savoury dishes. Other foods they cook are imported

22 Likes

Re: Tired Of Nigerian Food? Join Me. Variety Is The SPICE For The BELLE. by bebiee(f): 10:26pm On May 31, 2018
sassysure:
[s][/s]Going emotional like always.

Nope.
Enjoy ur rain of curses.

Copy copy.

Nothing to be proud of.
Mtcheew.[s][/s]

You keep on spewing rubbish.
I have no problem with the food you're posting or whatever you call that trash.
Just don't insult Nigerians.
Why call us a stupid country and call it's citizens wasted? That's what started this argument

Well in your stupid, dark, ignorant, evil, mind you're black and you will continue to be black. Whether you like it or not. So all those degrading words up there are referring to you as well. Because you do nothing to make a change to our food.
You just sit with your phone and talk trash.
STUPID!!

Mofo

Now run along

14 Likes

Re: Tired Of Nigerian Food? Join Me. Variety Is The SPICE For The BELLE. by Mariangeles(f): 10:39pm On May 31, 2018
eyinjuege:
Make una take am easy o.
Na ordinary food o. Whether intercontinental, or Nigerian, all na food. It will all end up as no 2 lastlast.
The main thing is eating in small portions, and exercising to live a healthier life.
There's nothing wrong in our carbohydrate meals, as its also an important food class. Chinese /Asianmeals are also nice, and they do have carbohydrate too. As I said earlier, it's all about portions and making the right choices in meals.
You guys shouldn't be so harsh on sassysure, as her exposure to Nigerian meals may just be limited to a few.
The same way an average Chinese man's meals is often limited to rice and noodles. That's a staple for them. Because the average Chinese restaurant has a very rich menu (at the end of the day, you find out its the same food they've given differnt names on the menu. You see menu of over hundred meals, and last last they're all similar. Either replacing beef for duck or chicken or shrimps or king prawns
Now, Nigeria is a very large country with several groups who all have their own meals. I can assure you that there are loads of meals many have never tasted. Is it from the different ways hausas make their meats- suya, balango, and about 10 other varieties. These can be taken as a meal on its own with some flat bread, masa, and so many other source of bread, to the various snacks such as kulikuli, groundnut which can be blended and used as a sauce on its own. Similar to some of the sauce in some Chinese meals.
We have so many vegetables from the west despite the fact that people believe Yorubas don't eat vegetables (I'm sure I will be told only ewedu, spinach and soko is available but what about ebolo, worowo and so many other vegetables my mother only brings back from her own mother's village?) Each vegetable with its own distinct taste. We havent talked about the beans and its products like moimoi, akara, apapa, ekuru, all different though from black eyed peas/beans. What of asaro/cottage, ikokore. These are all delicacies. What of the correct stews- atadindin, ayamase,omuoyo?
We havent gone to the Igbo people, and then South South with their differnt vegetable soups all tasting differnt and unique?
Swallows are our staples like rice and noodles to the Chinese. Heck, we even have tuwo shinkafa- rice turned into swallow to show you how we love swallows. Our swallow options are much more than the Chinese options of rice, vermicelli/spaghetti/noodles.
Most of our vegetables soups can be eaten on their own, but you do need a little carbohydrate so a small portion of rice or swallow option is fine with it
What Nigerian foods may need is packaging in terms of giving them some grandiose names.
But then again, why should we? I'm yet to see an Indian give their meals some grandiose names.
A lot of effort is put into our meals. I have felt like eating moimoi for the past weeks. I've been buying the ingredients small by small, and I have beans powder but i still don't have the energy to make it despite the major job of peeling beans is out of the way. I saw one beautiful okro soup on another food thread, and I wish there was someone to cook it for me. Suya, balango, chicken suya, chicken isiewu(not goat head) are just things i can dream of. I don't have energy to do that. Pounded yam is but a dream.

Still on our food abroad, people who know, know.
I have met several oyibo who when they hear im Nigerian, its the jollof they start talking about. One was testifying to his freind and licking his lips when I had a random meeting on the street wiyh them.
Even the swallow, those who dey chop am dey chop am among the oyibo abroad.
To say we don't have variety, na lie. But some foods are common amongst majority.
Anyway, back to oyibo food
Take and chop. Fish and chips. The staple food of Britons. They also don't have variety per say, just their bacon, baked beans, potatoes, eggs in different forms. They have a lot of dessert sha, and savoury dishes. Other foods they cook are imported
THANK YOU!!!
Even the Indian cuisine is one food, many forms...Chapati, rohti, paratha are all the same flat bread eaten with their curry...and their Biryani are rice dishes in different forms
So, either they eating a rice dish with curry or flat bread with curry.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tired Of Nigerian Food? Join Me. Variety Is The SPICE For The BELLE. by sweetlaw: 2:59pm On Jun 01, 2018
Mariangeles:
What is right about someone that does not know how to balance his meal?

ask google
Re: Tired Of Nigerian Food? Join Me. Variety Is The SPICE For The BELLE. by Mariangeles(f): 3:55pm On Jun 01, 2018
sweetlaw:

ask google
Exactly!
When you don't know, you don't know! grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Tired Of Nigerian Food? Join Me. Variety Is The SPICE For The BELLE. by KanwuliaExtra: 12:35pm On Jun 16, 2018
Breakfast at work! cool

2 Likes

Re: Tired Of Nigerian Food? Join Me. Variety Is The SPICE For The BELLE. by CircleOfWilis: 7:41pm On Jun 16, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:
Breakfast at work! cool
Show some support to the supereagles....Ashoebi boiz, Try and watch the game kanwulia
Re: Tired Of Nigerian Food? Join Me. Variety Is The SPICE For The BELLE. by Nickigold(f): 10:49am On Jun 20, 2018
Food and drinks present INTENSIVE training on the following courses

COURSE OUTLINE

The following topics will be treated.

COCKTAILS, MOCKTAILS AND DRINKS

• Pinacolada • Mojito •Sunset • Blue Lagoon Cocktail • Cinderella • Screwdriver • Smoothies • Milkshake • Juices • Soya milk drink

CAKES

•Basics of baking • Plain cake • Banana cake • Vanilla cake • Carrot cake • Fruit cake • Chocolate cake • Fondant icing • Royal icing • Butter cream icing • Frosting

PASTRIES AND SMALL CHOPS

• Chin Chin • Doughnut • Cross buns • Meat pie ( How bake it without oven ) • Egg roll • Pancake • Stick meat • Club sandwich • Samosa • Masa plantain ( Plantain puff puff ) • Puff puff • Onion ring Vanilla cake Chocolate cake Fruit. Cake Chicken.pot.pie Peanut Hot dog Pizza Sharwarma Peanut Cracker biscuit Digestive buscuit Liquid soap

DELICACIES

• Fried rice • Jollof rice • Porridge yam • Concoction rice • Beans porridge • Coconut rice • Stir fry coconut rice

Bonus-> How to promote your business
-> How to handle events.

Pictures, Videos and E-books, inclusive of bonuses. Only Interested people should join using link. https:///8C55E2o9tCLCiAfphmSOwH
Re: Tired Of Nigerian Food? Join Me. Variety Is The SPICE For The BELLE. by KanwuliaExtra: 12:43am On Jul 11, 2018
Chicken Quesidillas for dinner. kiss

3 Likes

Re: Tired Of Nigerian Food? Join Me. Variety Is The SPICE For The BELLE. by 1Sharon(f): 1:47am On Jul 11, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:
Chicken Quesidillas for dinner. kiss

Yumm
Re: Tired Of Nigerian Food? Join Me. Variety Is The SPICE For The BELLE. by KanwuliaExtra: 6:06pm On Jul 11, 2018
Lunch:

Mac n cheese, green beans and fried chicken! cool

3 Likes

Re: Tired Of Nigerian Food? Join Me. Variety Is The SPICE For The BELLE. by KanwuliaExtra: 10:02pm On Jul 12, 2018
Kale salad and tuna salad sandwich for dinner. kiss

2 Likes

Re: Tired Of Nigerian Food? Join Me. Variety Is The SPICE For The BELLE. by KanwuliaExtra: 6:31pm On Jul 25, 2018
Lunch at work. cool
Welcome to “The South”. kiss
Broccoli/rice/cheese casserole
Collard greens
Fried Chicken
Corn bread

Yummy!

4 Likes

Re: Tired Of Nigerian Food? Join Me. Variety Is The SPICE For The BELLE. by KanwuliaExtra: 2:09am On Jul 26, 2018
Italian Wedding Soup and saltine crackers for dinner. kiss

Re: Tired Of Nigerian Food? Join Me. Variety Is The SPICE For The BELLE. by kenex4ever(m): 4:54pm On Jul 28, 2018
Mariangeles:
I already deleted the ORIGINAL NIGERIAN YAM PORRIDGE pictures I had on my phone, but not to worry... I accept your challenge and I'll post the picture here when next I cook it...in the mean time... make do with these"BREAKFAST FOR CHAMPIONS" grin
ENJOY! kiss
and u call these fries food?
Re: Tired Of Nigerian Food? Join Me. Variety Is The SPICE For The BELLE. by kenex4ever(m): 4:58pm On Jul 28, 2018
Mariangeles:
What is right about someone that does not know how to balance his meal?
you dat is frying plantain n egg, is dat one balanced? Or is it d "peer"

Guy dat her porridge is yummy
Re: Tired Of Nigerian Food? Join Me. Variety Is The SPICE For The BELLE. by Mariangeles(f): 5:01pm On Jul 28, 2018
kenex4ever:
and u call these fries food?
You can have this then since you are such a busybody and you only eat boiled foods... kiss

3 Likes

Re: Tired Of Nigerian Food? Join Me. Variety Is The SPICE For The BELLE. by Mariangeles(f): 5:04pm On Jul 28, 2018
kenex4ever:

What porridge is yummy?? undecided
Is that what Nigerian yam porridge looks like??

2 Likes

Re: Tired Of Nigerian Food? Join Me. Variety Is The SPICE For The BELLE. by Mariangeles(f): 5:10pm On Jul 28, 2018
kenex4ever:

YES, I'LL FRY PLANTAIN AND EGGS BECAUSE IT'S ONE OF MY FAVOURITE FOOD COMBINATION AND I ENJOY IT!
grin
Re: Tired Of Nigerian Food? Join Me. Variety Is The SPICE For The BELLE. by kenex4ever(m): 5:16pm On Jul 28, 2018
Mariangeles:
You can have this then since you are such a busybody and you only eat boiled foods... kiss
this your porridge looks yummy, hers looks yummy too, especially because of the sauce n meat.

I hate fried egg n fried plantain especially ripe plantain.

I'm actually tired of Nigerian foods too like her, mainly swallow, rice, yam, beans n other derivatives.
Though I have not seen much of other Nigerian tribes sha but they are still fatty foods.

Nobody is saying Nigerian foods are bad, she is only saying you should try other foods, she never chose any particular country over Nigeria that's y she is sharing foods from different countries.
I would love to marry a woman dat tries different healthy foods from different countries including Nigeria.
Re: Tired Of Nigerian Food? Join Me. Variety Is The SPICE For The BELLE. by Mariangeles(f): 5:34pm On Jul 28, 2018
kenex4ever:
this your porridge looks yummy, hers looks yummy too, especially because of the sauce n meat.

I hate fried egg n fried plantain especially ripe plantain.

I'm actually tired of Nigerian foods too like her, mainly swallow, rice, yam, beans n other derivatives.
Though I have not seen much of other Nigerian tribes sha but they are still fatty foods.

Nobody is saying Nigerian foods are bad, she is only saying you should try other foods, she never chose any particular country over Nigeria that's y she is sharing foods from different countries.
I would love to marry a woman dat tries different healthy foods from different countries including Nigeria.
SHE IS saying Nigerian foods are bad!
I posted on this thread because she condemned Nigerian foods... You don't even know her!
If she had created this thread to show variety of foods from across the world, it would have been nice and insightful.
But she and her cohorts had to condemn Nigerian foods...and most of the foods she's posting are white flour products
If you call Nigerian foods fatty, then you don't know much about Nigerian foods... You don't know what you have until you can't have it!
Talking about swallows, do you know how many variety of Nigerian soups ( healthy vegetable soups) you can eat with swallows??

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tired Of Nigerian Food? Join Me. Variety Is The SPICE For The BELLE. by okeyben10: 6:34pm On Jul 28, 2018
na wa

mariangeles follow kanwulia here to worry her. I no no whether to call Liftedhands here as she se she dey like drama well well

2 Likes

Re: Tired Of Nigerian Food? Join Me. Variety Is The SPICE For The BELLE. by Mariangeles(f): 6:40pm On Jul 28, 2018
okeyben10:
na wa

mariangeles follow kanwulia here to worry her. I no no whether to call Liftedhands here as she se she dey like drama well well
Pikin wey say her mama no go sleep, she too no go sleep! smiley

3 Likes

Re: Tired Of Nigerian Food? Join Me. Variety Is The SPICE For The BELLE. by kenex4ever(m): 7:01pm On Jul 28, 2018
Mariangeles:
SHE IS saying Nigerian foods are bad!
I posted on this thread because she condemned Nigerian foods... You don't even know her!
If she had created this thread to show variety of foods from across the world, it would have been nice and insightful.
But she and her cohorts had to condemn Nigerian foods...and most of the foods she's posting are white flour products
If you call Nigerian foods fatty, then you don't know much about Nigerian foods... You don't know what you have until you can't have it!
Talking about swallows, do you know how many variety of Nigerian soups ( healthy vegetable soups) you can eat with swallows??
there many good soups and I can cook a lot of them sha but swallow itself is heavy. I understand ur point, may be she made it seem like our foods are bad.

Some of those foreign foods she posted I don't think I can eat them but some are cool too.

1 Like

Re: Tired Of Nigerian Food? Join Me. Variety Is The SPICE For The BELLE. by KanwuliaExtra: 1:22am On Jul 29, 2018
Breakfast at work today. cool

1 Like

Re: Tired Of Nigerian Food? Join Me. Variety Is The SPICE For The BELLE. by KanwuliaExtra: 1:23am On Jul 29, 2018
I don close from work.
Time to treat myself to a real dinner. cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

World Food Day Is Today. What's Your Favorite Food? / Recipe: How To Prepare Obe 'ila Alasepo'; Okra Soup / How Much Is GARRI In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.