Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,513 members, 7,816,247 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu (10586 Views)

Prof. Maurice Iwu's Fraudulent Claims About Ebola Cure / Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC / Intercontinental Bank Manager Offers Maurice Iwu N50million Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by otukpo(f): 8:25am On Apr 29, 2010
Whether Iwu is the problem or not, GJ has done well by removing him.

He has done enough harm to the office of INEC chairman.
The most unpopular Chairman the commission has had.
It is really a shame to him.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by slap1(m): 8:28am On Apr 29, 2010
sinistyle:

Good move but Jonathan should know that witch hunting Ibori, who is purpoted to be the leader of the Yardua caucus has just portrayed him to be a proponent of 'do or die politics'. Johnathan is no different from his predecessors. Neglecting due process and the rule of law to achieve an end is simply not acceptable!
Could you throw more light on this, please.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by chelseabmw(m): 8:33am On Apr 29, 2010
There is no breaking news here.being removed is not news
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by bilymuse: 8:41am On Apr 29, 2010
The guy is a disgrace, every election he organise was a shamble. Even Yaradua and OBJ who benefited from Iwu's madness agree the elections were not free and fair.

Shame on Ojukwu and the other idiots calling for Iwu's tenure extension.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by DoubleN(m): 8:44am On Apr 29, 2010
Well, nice start but Nigeria's problems are bigger than that!
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by DoubleN(m): 8:44am On Apr 29, 2010
Well, nice start but Nigeria's problems are bigger than that!
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by Nobody: 9:04am On Apr 29, 2010
The wicked evil man should have been removed an era ago.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by slap1(m): 9:05am On Apr 29, 2010
bilymuse:

The guy is a disgrace, every election he organise was a shamble. Even Yaradua and OBJ who benefited from Iwu's madness agree the elections were not free and fair.

Shame on Ojukwu and the other idiots calling for Iwu's tenure extension.
Show some decorum.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by ojimboIV: 9:06am On Apr 29, 2010
jonathan warns against heating up the polity before sacking iwu.

master tactician. grin grin
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by slap1(m): 9:07am On Apr 29, 2010
frosbel:

The wicked evil man should have been removed an era ago.

Iwu is not evil, my dear sir.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by JoeMosco(m): 9:16am On Apr 29, 2010
looks like a move towards 'party election'
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by otokx(m): 9:26am On Apr 29, 2010
He is just a scape goat.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by COOLDK(m): 9:41am On Apr 29, 2010
Thank God 4 his removal but how i am sure dt d Ag. President is not trying 2 iwulize d forth coming election. Everybody believe me, this is a political gimmick. Lets wait & see who replaces him.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by princekevo(m): 9:46am On Apr 29, 2010
Thank God Iwu is out of the way, another impressive move by GJ. One bad pillar being uprooted among many. Will that make any difference? 2011 is already by the corner lets wait and see.
All i know is that IWU never decided on his own to be corrupt or rigging the election, but there were people who inspired him to do what ever they asked him to do(PDP). This people are still very much around in all arms and levels of governement.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by rhymz(m): 9:47am On Apr 29, 2010
Nigerians are so simple-minded, from the comments, an outside observer would think Iwu is what is wrong with our electoral system. As much as I want him removed, I dont agree that Iwu was the reason most of the elections went the way they did. Our electoral system is deeply flawed, that is not the making of Iwu, rather it allows the likes of an incompetent iwu to become the ceazer of INEC, it forces even men with the best of intentions to compromise along the way. How do U justify the fact that the INEC chairmanship is based on the goodwill, wims and caprices of the president, how can such umpire be unbiase when he was handpicked by an interested or potential contestant? The rogues at the NA have a way of deflecting from real issues that will benefit the common populace if it runs parallel to their own myopic benefits and advantages. Even our media, both print, audio  and visual are distracting us from the main issue, obsessing us with non-issues about IBB wanting to become president, Yerima in bethrodal to a kid, crooked ibori and over-flogged corruption charges story, all in a bid to sell their papers. Nigerians should not rejoice yet until the bigger problem of getting the electoral reform bill is passed, the incompetence and conivance of Maurice Iwu are a part of a bigger problem which is the electoral system. We should take this opportunity to lobby the rogues at the National assembly to accept the electoral reform bill without any alteration and pass it, then can we heave a sigh of relief. Anything other than that will be like Obama once described Mc Cains policy in a bid to ridicule it: wearing or rubbing a pig with a lipstick- it still does not stop the pig from being called Ugly. Even with a competent replacement and best of intentions, the gravely flawed system will betray everything. Wake up fellow Nigerians and smell the cofee!
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by bilymuse: 9:52am On Apr 29, 2010
COOL DK
Thank God 4 his removal but how i am sure dt d Ag. President is not trying 2[b] iwulize[/b] d forth coming election. Everybody believe me, this is a political gimmick. Lets wait & see who replaces him.

what does iwulize mean?
For God sake, the guy is a professor, don't bastardize his nomenclature identity.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by honeric01(m): 9:54am On Apr 29, 2010
Waiting to see the next man/woman to take charge.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by bisiaet: 9:54am On Apr 29, 2010
Right decision(Jonathan)!!!!! Carry on.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by DL(m): 9:55am On Apr 29, 2010
Go Jo! Abeg replace with ribadu.

rhymz:

Nigerians are so simple-minded, from the comments, an outside observer would think Iwu is what is wrong with our electoral system. As much as I want him removed, I dont agree that Iwu was the reason most of the elections went the way they did. Our electoral system is deeply flawed, that is not the making of Iwu, rather it allows the likes of an incompetent iwu to become the ceazer of INEC, it forces even men with the best of intentions to compromise along the way. How do U justify the fact that the INEC chairmanship is based on the goodwill, wims and caprices of the president, how can such umpire be unbiase when he was handpicked by an interested or potential contestant? The rogues at the NA have a way of deflecting from real issues that will benefit the common populace if it runs parallel to their own myopic benefits and advantages. Even our media, both print, audio  and visual are distracting us from the main issue, obsessing us with non-issues about IBB wanting to become president, Yerima in bethrodal to a kid, crooked ibori and over-flogged corruption charges story, all in a bid to sell their papers. Nigerians should not rejoice yet until the bigger problem of getting the electoral reform bill is passed, the incompetence and conivance of Maurice Iwu are a part of a bigger problem which is the electoral system. We should take this opportunity to lobby the rogues at the National assembly to accept the electoral reform bill without any alteration and pass it, then can we heave a sigh of relief. Anything other than that will be like Obama once described Mc Cains policy in a bid to ridicule it: wearing or rubbing a pig with a lipstick- it still does not stop the pig from being called Ugly. Even with a competent replacement and best of intentions, the gravely flawed system will betray everything. Wake up fellow Nigerians and smell the cofee!
Hmm,Solomon the wise one.
Guy relax, we know but one thing at a time. Would you have preferred that Yar'asick still be on the seat even though uncle Jo hasn't solved our problems?
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 29, 2010
@ slap1, guy which level angry, abi u be Iwu loyalist? BE REAL MEHN! & quit pretending. Millions of Nigerians can't be wrong! cool

I saw Iwu's removal coming, really. Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish, i must admit!

People say Iwu is not the main problem, i agree. but as Baralabe Musa rightly stated, Iwu is the Reflection of the problem. He's d face we all look upon, so he should be ABSOLUTELY RESPONSIBLE for the rot in the electoral system.

so Uncle Joe's next move should be to appoint a credible INEC Chairman. also there should be a massive clear-out of all INEC state commissioners, to inject fresh & determined folks.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA! cool cool
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 29, 2010
@rhymz, , Wake up fellow Nigerians and smell the cofee!, there goes a Cranberries' fan cool, i'm a huge fan of them also cool

Parli, as i stated earlier, Iwu might not be the root cause, but he's the mirror, the face, the lead, can go on & on. at least that was a gud move by big Joe.

MILLIONS OF NIGERIANS CAN'T BE WRONG, FOLKS!
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by dnext1(m): 10:29am On Apr 29, 2010
i hope dis is not a setup. Nice move joe joe. Waitin 2 see who d cap fit. Am think tinubu. Lol baba wil just relocate 2 ac.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by mishooo(m): 10:38am On Apr 29, 2010
@Topic

Good riddance ,
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by IROPAT: 10:43am On Apr 29, 2010
Anyway, every Nigerians are happy for iwu's removal. But the question is who will be the next chairman? How worthy is he? How corrupt free is he? How confident is he?, It is obvious that the seat is a hot one and it takes a strong mind to seat on it. Our society is so influential to an extend that a good intention can simply be influenced. So the question is who is coming up next??[flash=200,200][/flash][url][/url]
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by flowman3(m): 11:09am On Apr 29, 2010
Nice move by the AG. president.

he should consider Prof wole soyinka or Prof ribadu for that post i think

i wish nigerians a free and fair election in 2011.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by metalgong5(m): 11:14am On Apr 29, 2010
flowman3:

Nice move by the AG. president.

he should consider Prof wole soyinka or[b] Prof ribadu[/b] for that post i think

i wish nigerians a free and fair election in 2011.

Who is prof mallam Ribadu?
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by eros(m): 11:31am On Apr 29, 2010
FINALLY . . . . . . .
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by yeswecan(m): 11:48am On Apr 29, 2010
Lets wait and see the manner in which the next INEC chairman will be appointed, if the appointment is directly from the presidency then we as a people must be mad . . .

Maurice Iwu could not have exert influence in an unfair way all by himself, he was either asked to do so or positioned to suit the purpose, hence he should be interrogated so we can bring his patrons to book.  This guy has never been the problem, he is an agent  this is a nice shot but the triggerman could aim higher.

The political class has been the problem from the inception of Nigeria, FUNNY folks already named this - road to redemption.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by slap1(m): 11:57am On Apr 29, 2010
^^^ Wish more people would tow this line of reasoning.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by ndigbo: 11:59am On Apr 29, 2010
We are all happy atleast those of us that marched thru Ikeja last two weeks. But i still have a bad feeling that one Iwu has left and another Iwu to take over, in the person of Umeadi Philip who is one of the commisioners at INEC. I read that the man is as corrupt as his boss, God please help us from these demons in human form.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Removes Maurice Iwu by temmy888: 12:07pm On Apr 29, 2010
I dont know why some people dont just have any aorta of appreciation. They musy complain, Nigeria is going to get better and going to be great and we going to be proud of our country.You like it or not

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? / Gov. Ugwuanyi Directs Fixing Of Potholes, Traffic Lights, Asphalting (Pic) / PDP South East Zonal Congress Holds In Enugu Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.