Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Could My Abusive Marriage Preventing Me From Finding True Love Again? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Could My Abusive Marriage Preventing Me From Finding True Love Again? (756 Views)

Are The Kids Good Enough Reason To Endure & Stay An Abusive Marriage? / Man Impregnates His Sister In-law To Punish His "Abusive" Wife / Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Father Saved Her From An Abusive Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could My Abusive Marriage Preventing Me From Finding True Love Again? by Godslove2018: 2:18pm On Mar 07, 2018
Dear Lively Stones ,

Hello my name is Gracia, my friend added me to this group which i did not understand why but having been reading some of your posts i feel like perhaps it will benefit me on shedding some light on something i have recently discovered.

Feel free to share on both lively stone and naira land.

I am a single mom of two, my relationship with my kids’s father ended about a year and a half ago, it was overall a very unhealthy one with lots of emotional abuse.
I had a very rough year following the end of this relationship and struggled to find a home with my kids, after a year we are finally building our lives again in our new home and we are much happier.

Before then i met a lovely man who was very smitten with me and initially i thought i liked him a lot but then realised i actually feel nothing for him, infact i couldnt stand the sight of him and i quickly had to end it. I thought perhaps at the time i was not really ready for a relationship and maybe it was too soon, however i recently met my ideal kinda guy, christian, caring,and he is even talking of marriage, again i felt very excited at the beginning as i have been praying for a God loving God fearing man but those feelings of indifference has come back, i feel absolutely nothing and its killing me because i dont understand why!

I want to feel something, not necessarily butterflies but something. I know i care about him and i worry for him and i think about him and i dont want to lose him but i dislike his company for no reason, as soon as i see him i wish he would go. He has noticed this and i plucked the courage to tell him whats going on with me, at first he was very understanding and was willing to support me if i wanted to go for therapy but he suddenly ....

http://livelystones.com.ng/could-my-abusive-marriage-preventing-me-from-finding-true-love-again/
Re: Could My Abusive Marriage Preventing Me From Finding True Love Again? by MissRaine69(f): 2:51pm On Mar 07, 2018
Yes...and for that reason it’s necessary not to get caught up trying to fill the emotional void you have with a relationship. First understand yourself, recover your self esteem and self worth. This man is not going to fix how you feel inside. Putting your emotional burdens on someone will quickly kill that relationship.

4 Likes

Re: Could My Abusive Marriage Preventing Me From Finding True Love Again? by CAPSLOCKED: 2:59pm On Mar 07, 2018
MissRaine69:
Yes...and for that reason it’s necessary not to get caught up trying to fill the emotional void you have with a relationship. First understand yourself, recover your self esteem and self worth. This man is not going to fix how you feel inside. Putting your emotional burdens on someone will quickly kill that relationship.

THERE'S A LOT OF SENSE IN THIS.
Re: Could My Abusive Marriage Preventing Me From Finding True Love Again? by donstan18: 3:48pm On Mar 07, 2018
cheesy
Re: Could My Abusive Marriage Preventing Me From Finding True Love Again? by Godslove2018: 12:26pm On May 23, 2018
True Word

MissRaine69:
Re: Could My Abusive Marriage Preventing Me From Finding True Love Again? by KanwuliaExtra: 4:05am On May 24, 2018
Livingstones?

Next please! cry

(1) (Reply)

Please Read This And Advise Me, I Do Not Know Who To Trust / Make Your Family A Permanent Resident In Canada / Its Been 4years Away. Appreciation To Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.