Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award (47849 Views)

Maryam Ogunbayo Among One Of The Three Best Nigerian Young Scientist / Meet Esther Chukwuemeka, The Youngest Lawyer Called To The Nigerian Bar (Photo) / Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award by chukzchenko: 4:49pm On Mar 09, 2018
plessis:
being an igbo man is a priviledge.
true talk

1 Like

Re: Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 09, 2018
BankeSmalls:
Professor Kenneth Dike from Anambra was the first VC in this school abi?

First indigenous V.C
Re: Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 5:31pm On Mar 09, 2018
Igbo people keep winning all the awards in AFONJA land...

children of hate will not see this one tongue

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 09, 2018
Adelaide2:
Esther is from Anambra State. Igbo Amaka; Igbo kwenu grin grin grin grin grin grin
Igbo di egwu grin
cc lzaa

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award by TheAngry1: 5:42pm On Mar 09, 2018
Igbos are celebrating her, but how many non-Igbos can win this in the East?

1 Like

Re: Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award by dignitate: 5:44pm On Mar 09, 2018
congrats!
Re: Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award by manikspears: 5:50pm On Mar 09, 2018
Adelaide2:
Esther is from Anambra State. Igbo Amaka; Igbo kwenu grin grin grin grin grin grin

But why is she looking terrified?
Re: Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award by tsmat(m): 5:50pm On Mar 09, 2018
Throwback:

Yes he was made vice principal of the University College Ibadan ahead of the most senior African on the academic board and first ever Nigerian professor, Prof. Oladele Ajose.

Dike's appointment was facilitated by the Igbo dominated NCNC who had also installed Dr Akanu Ibiam who was the first Igbo doctor, as the School Council chairman. While Oladele Ajose was most senior and readily available at the school, Dike was called back from the USA where he was on an unfinished sabbatical, to come take a position (Vice Principal) he wasn't the most qualified for.

When the British eventually withdrew their administration of the school, Akanu Ibiam as School Council Chairman, further ensured that Kenneth Dike who was a fellow Igbo like him, became the first Nigerian principal of University College Ibadan. Professor Oladele Ajose realised that he was forever going to remain a victim of the NCNC and Igbo version of "merit" system that only found the Igbos qualified for positions that their better educated and more experienced Yoruba superiors did not qualify for. Ajose read the Igbo writing on the wall and moved to the Western Region owned University of Ife, to become its first principal.

Prof Kenneth Dike and Akanu Ibiam led school council would eventually go on to conduct recruitment into UI after the departure of the British. Out of 115 new hires, only 3 were Yorubas while the bulk of the remainder were from the Eastern Region.

That is how Igbos practice a merit based system.

The foolish Yorubas who were members of NCNC were never offered any sensitive position in the NPC/NCNC partnership of the first republic. Not even the Eastern minorities were offered critical positions.

All that was good that the Northerners could not occupy, the Azikiwe led NCNC ensured it went to the Eastern region, and ultimately to only the Igbos of that multi-ethnic Eastern Region.

later they will lament why Yoruba and Hausa will not allow them to rule........ thank God they have ruled all we can allow them to rule in Nigeria
Re: Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award by noziz(m): 5:53pm On Mar 09, 2018
plessis:
being an igbo man is a priviledge.

no wonder u can't spell privilege...
Re: Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award by LZAA: 5:56pm On Mar 09, 2018
imhotep:
Igbo di egwu grin cc lzaa

Re: Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award by shankara7: 6:02pm On Mar 09, 2018
adadike281:
If I didn't come to this world as an Igbo girl, I would still have given anything to marry an Igbo boy. Igbo Amaka!!!
Nne ya gaziela gi..
Re: Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award by Nobody: 6:15pm On Mar 09, 2018
Throwback:

Was Dike more senior to Oladele Ajose who was the first tenured Nigerian professor in history?

Is it false tale that Dike was called back from sabbatical in the USA to take the position of Vice Principal. While a more qualified Oladele Ajose was right there in Ibadan on the campus?

You cannot erase the facts, and even Dike was apprehensive to accept the position that was being forced on him.

I repeat merit to the Igbos is Igbos first, others follow.

IGBO - I Go Before Others.
VCship isn't based on seniority, but based on who can make a good & proactive administrator, which Dike was. As a prof, Dike had a right to be VC just as Ajose. B4 his appointment, Akanu Ibiam travelled to England to inquire from d last principal (a whiteman) who should succeed him, to which he said that Dike was d best to take over, that he was a good manager of men & resources. Eni Njoku also repeated d feat at UNILAG. Was Akanu Ibiam there too? Stop this lie!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award by RALPHOW(m): 6:37pm On Mar 09, 2018
Adelaide2:

UI gave her the opportunity to showcase herself.
Greatest of the greatest for the greatest UItes
Re: Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award by ofai: 6:42pm On Mar 09, 2018
Mandeyy:
VCship isn't based on seniority, but based on who can make a good & proactive administrator, which Dike was. As a prof, Dike had a right to be VC just as Ajose. B4 his appointment, Akanu Ibiam travelled to England to inquire from d last principal (a whiteman) who should succeed him, to which he said that Dike was d best to take over, that he was a good manager of men & resources. Eni Njoku also repeated d feat at UNILAG. Was Akanu Ibiam there too? Stop this lie!!!

Are you minding the slowpoke? Do you think he is teachable?

1 Like

Re: Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award by LaudableXX: 6:42pm On Mar 09, 2018
Mandeyy:

Eni Njoku repeated which feat at Unilag? Una sabi lie, o! shocked
Re: Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award by alfredilly: 6:42pm On Mar 09, 2018
ofai:

Your self-serving and face-saving revisionism cannot fly this time.

NCNC my foot.

Professor Dike, Nigeria's first professor of history, in a clearly stated mission to narrate and preserve African history from the African perspective became the first VC of Univ. Of Ibadan based only on MERIT.

It was your awolowo that introduced tribalism and nepotism into academia.

Even unilags first black VC was pioneer professor Eni Njoku, another great academic of botany.

These men were the pioneers of their time. There was no egbe omo oduduwa in academics then. Everything was purely merit based that even your awolowo was scared of competing with igbos. no long revisionism can change the narrative.
The same way merit made nollywood english an Ibo dominated industry. Even the newly created version of Miss Nigeria beauty pageant, Most beautiful girl in Nigeria (MBGN) sponsored by silverbird has Ibo representing every state. Imagine an Ibo lady representing Zamfara. Ethnicity wont help this country but some are just champion of it.

3 Likes

Re: Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award by Diademk07: 6:52pm On Mar 09, 2018
ofai:

Of course whatever your Fulani masters say is correct and acceptable by you.

Dike's detailed research on Africa's history was groundbreaking because before then it was the foreigners that was writing our history for us. Dike put an end to it by narrating it with scientifically back research. Dikes research covered a lot of ethnicities and language clusters....even ajose's own language and your language, YORUBA included.
What trash is this one saying?
How does this nonsense justify appointing 113 Ibos and only 3 Yoruba in a Sw university? I go before others is really Osu name indeed.

1 Like

Re: Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 09, 2018
LaudableXX:

Eni Njoku repeated which feat at Unilag? Una sabi lie, o! shocked
U're d liar! Eni Njoku was d 1st VC of UNILAG. I thought u knew this before.

1 Like

Re: Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award by LaudableXX: 7:12pm On Mar 09, 2018
Mandeyy:
U're d liar! Eni Njoku was d 1st VC of UNILAG. I thought u knew this before.
Don't be daft. Eni Njoku was indigenous VC of Unilag, but he was certainly NOT an expert manager of men and resources, like you claimed. So why are you lying? His legacy in Unilag, was nothing to write home about. Go and check.
Re: Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 09, 2018
LaudableXX:

Don't be daft. Eni Njoku was indigenous VC of Unilag, but he was certainly NOT an expert manager of men and resources, like you claimed. So why are you lying? His legacy in Unilag, was nothing to write home about. Go and check.
Don't be stupid. Do u have any evidence to prove he did not perform? I need an objective evidence from u or else u're a tribalist.

2 Likes

Re: Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award by Diademk07: 7:26pm On Mar 09, 2018
Throwback:

Zik got Nigeria independence yet he was a protege of a Yoruba politician who himself was in the midst of other Yoruba politicians already demanding for home rule.

Zik got us independence, yet it is recorded as historical fact that the different times the motion for independence was moved, it was by the members of the Action Group, starting with Anthony Enahoro.

The question then goes that, if CMS with its many Yoruba returnee slaves were able to realise the need for education among the Yorubas, why didn't freed Igbo slaves return to establish even a kindergarten that early?

I gave a challenge early to an empty head. I now lay same challenge before you as BankeSmalls with a small brain couldn't face such mission impossible.

Mention 10 Igbo doctors and 10 Igbo lawyers before the year 1900, who were known to practise in what exist as present Nigeria.

Let us see who were the illiterate tribe as at 1900, and who did not have a secondary school as at then.
You should have known that Osu and stupidity are quite synonymous. Very greedy self entitled losers
Re: Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award by Diademk07: 7:35pm On Mar 09, 2018
mercyville:

Yoruba did not know anything about skull mining until you exported it through okija and otokoto to the SW.You Igbos that were still walking n.aked until 1920 when the whites visited you and took pictures of your dangling mantool comparing yourselves to Yoruba who built empire?
Wonders if I may say.
You forgot to mention reverend King and Clifford Orji. Those two were the pioneers of skull mining and ritualism in the SW.

3 Likes

Re: Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award by LaudableXX: 7:39pm On Mar 09, 2018
Mandeyy:
Don't be stupid. Do u have any evidence to prove he did not perform? I need an objective evidence from u or else u're a tribalist.
Didn't I call you daft before? shocked Okay, maybe ignorance has blinded you. Google is your friend. undecided Search for the facts, and stop bellyaching. If you are too lazy to do so, then ask anyone who graduated from Unilag. The story is still told, till today. Eni Njoku was not infallible. People criticised his tenure, the same way they criticised the tenure of Prof. Nurudeen Alao, and Prof. Adadevoh. Were Alao and Adadevoh from Igbo land?

When you were alleging that Eni Njoku was an expert manager of men and resources, where was your proof or infallible evidence? Did you provide any?

1 Like

Re: Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award by Diademk07: 7:40pm On Mar 09, 2018
ofai:

Really? Okija and otokoto was exported to Lagos? Lol.... It shows you and your "likes" are seriously unschooled. Olodo, So igbos exported okija to soka forest, Ogun shrines, etc...? Your people must be real dumbasses then.

Yoruba built empire? Lol.... Pls show me the empire abeg. Pls show me the brown roof republic.... Lol...
clifford orji and reverend king rings a bell. I bet they wouldn't have been caught if they were operating their activities in the SE where Ibos tends to shield criminals and rather call their glutton elders to oversee such cases. Shioor.

1 Like

Re: Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award by Elxandre(m): 7:43pm On Mar 09, 2018
cooldipo:
To what gain is the ethnic card being played here?
Nairaland Is certainly a significant sample of Nigeria's educated populace.
It's safe to say most of the sampled are idiots.

Nairaland is such a bore these days.

These daft tribalists have killed this forum already.
Re: Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award by Nobody: 7:50pm On Mar 09, 2018
Diademk07:

What thrash is this one saying?
How does this nonsense justify appoing 113 Ibos and only 3 Yoruba in a Sw university? I go before others is really Osu name indeed.

Show us d list with verifiable links or become a hateful liar all d rest of ur life
Re: Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award by Elxandre(m): 7:59pm On Mar 09, 2018
None of you talked about the essence of the award or anything meaningful for that matter before delving into your usual tribal diatribes.
Bunch of idiotss like you seek to run away to countries like the USA where even Puerto Ricans get fair chances at life.
Re: Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 09, 2018
LaudableXX:

Didn't I call you daft before? shocked Okay, maybe ignorance has blinded you. Google is your friend. undecided Search for the facts, and stop bellyaching. If you are too lazy to do so, then ask anyone who graduated from Unilag. The story is still told, till today. Eni Njoku was not infallible. People criticised his tenure, the same way they criticised the tenure of Prof. Nurudeen Alao, and Prof. Adadevoh. Were Alao and Adadevoh from Igbo land?

When you were alleging that Eni Njoku was an expert manager of men and resources, where was your proof or infallible evidence? Did you provide any?
Didn't i say u're stupid? U disputed d fact; then, disprove it by giving facts or else u're brain.less. He that objects must corroborate it with facts.
Re: Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award by LaudableXX: 8:04pm On Mar 09, 2018
Mandeyy:
Didn't i say u're stupid? U disputed d fact; then, disprove it by giving facts or else u're brain.less. He that objects must corroborate it with facts.
Are you too lazy to conduct your own research? Must I spoon feed you with info? Or don't you know how to use Google again? undecided When you were making noise about how Eni-Njoku was an expert manager of men and resources, where was your proof? Answer me first...

If you provide the correct answer, then I would direct you to the link where you can get the info on Eni-Njoku.
Re: Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award by Diademk07: 8:11pm On Mar 09, 2018
Mandeyy:
Will you shut your lousy mouth? Your self entitled greedy brain is yet to tell you of how disgusting of an act it is to appoint 113 Ibos and only 3 Yorubas in a SW based university?
Greedy losers, you have yet to see your karma.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

12ft Python Killed In FUTA (Photos) / Protesting Residents In Benin Wore Red Outfits For Their March Today. Photos / 15 Hilarious Tweets By Nigerian Students As ASUU Calls Off Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.