Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,200 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

Hunter Kills An Elephant At Janiyi Camp, Idanre, Ondo State. - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hunter Kills An Elephant At Janiyi Camp, Idanre, Ondo State. (47260 Views)

Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) / Hunter Killed A Warthog, Civet And Other Wild Animals / Huge Elephant Shaped Bunches Of Banana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hunter Kills An Elephant At Janiyi Camp, Idanre, Ondo State. by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 08, 2018
angry angry
Re: Hunter Kills An Elephant At Janiyi Camp, Idanre, Ondo State. by Elnensco(m): 9:27am On Mar 08, 2018
Hmm how ee take help us na
Re: Hunter Kills An Elephant At Janiyi Camp, Idanre, Ondo State. by mikolo4us: 9:27am On Mar 08, 2018
Nigeria full of sick people with a sick President and a sick system. South Africa and Kenya making billions of Dollars for just reserving their game...na meat dey hungry stupid Nigerians. That man ought to be in Jail. How many Nigerians have seen or touched an elephant.... Yet the only one that ought to be preserve d has been killed.
Re: Hunter Kills An Elephant At Janiyi Camp, Idanre, Ondo State. by Etianwanokon: 9:28am On Mar 08, 2018
This man should be arrested and prosecuted.
This is against Wild Life and Conservative Law.
Re: Hunter Kills An Elephant At Janiyi Camp, Idanre, Ondo State. by Yankee101: 9:28am On Mar 08, 2018
This is soooo wrong
Re: Hunter Kills An Elephant At Janiyi Camp, Idanre, Ondo State. by Chukazu: 9:28am On Mar 08, 2018
thesicilian:
This is very sad. I feel like crying. Why would any right thinking human being kill an elephant?

The most fooli.sh aspect is when you see Nigerian celebrities going to South Africa and Kenyan like Banky W and Adesuwa (spending hard currency) to watch animals in their game reserve and we are busy killing our own.

Southern Africa makes millions of dollars in tourism while we kill bush meat and sell them for 20 thousand embarassed embarassed naira

It has been reported there just Les than 40 lions left in the entire Nation ,with such irresponsible hunting soon they would be all gone

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hunter Kills An Elephant At Janiyi Camp, Idanre, Ondo State. by tjadeba(m): 9:28am On Mar 08, 2018
Una no get sense all of una... Una no think of how this untrained hunter go capture the elephant alive to go give zoo? Una no think say our conservationists suppose know say that endangered animal still dey for inside that Bush so as to conserve that area...una dey here dey vent una stupid computer fingers on this illiterate and uneducated hunter wey carry arms....shut!! Think deep my people.. The problem isn't with this hunter but the systemic rot

2 Likes

Re: Hunter Kills An Elephant At Janiyi Camp, Idanre, Ondo State. by RoyalBlak007: 9:28am On Mar 08, 2018
embarassed sad
Re: Hunter Kills An Elephant At Janiyi Camp, Idanre, Ondo State. by kwessiStewie2(m): 9:29am On Mar 08, 2018
shithole
Re: Hunter Kills An Elephant At Janiyi Camp, Idanre, Ondo State. by Baroba(m): 9:29am On Mar 08, 2018
GogobiriLalas:
That's a rare forest elephant...stupid illiterate hunter

Am even shocked we still have them in the wild in Nigeria.. Some acts just leave you speechless, tomorrow you will be accused of form oyibo for complaining.. Next na human beings this animal will be shooting.. despicable
Re: Hunter Kills An Elephant At Janiyi Camp, Idanre, Ondo State. by somehow: 9:29am On Mar 08, 2018
I was expecting to see "hunter kills Fulani herdsmen that turned to elephant just to destroy farmlands in the south".

BTW, is this not an illegal act to kill an elephant in a " camp"?
queensera:
A hunter guns down and poses with the elephant he killed at janiyi camp, idanre, ondo state. It was reported that the elephant has been destroying the crops in the community farms.

Source:
http://www.nairaplus.com/2018/03/hunter-kills-elephant-at-janiyi-camp.html

https://mbasic.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1428853460577173&id=100003575989438&refid=28&_ft_=qid.6530325838610352502%3Amf_story_key.8549170818096115667%3Atop_level_post_id.1681561311927058%3Asrc.22&__tn__=CH-R
Re: Hunter Kills An Elephant At Janiyi Camp, Idanre, Ondo State. by darlingnuel(m): 9:29am On Mar 08, 2018
Initially, I thought the caption was "HUNGER killed an elephant....". It's saddening to know that a right-thinking human outrightly killed a harmless elephant. I would have felt better if hunger had killed the elephant.
Re: Hunter Kills An Elephant At Janiyi Camp, Idanre, Ondo State. by Ipfreely: 9:30am On Mar 08, 2018
Billyonaire:
You all are crying and condemning the killing of elephants but in your stew and soup are the corpse of fishes, goats, cows, periwinkles and even chicken and turkey.

To truly feel be free from your hypocrisy, stop eating animals. It is disgusting

You do realize there's a reason CITES, IUCN and the WWF have endangered species lists? Have you ever seen any of the wildlife you mentioned in your rather ignorant post on those lists?

Smh

2 Likes

Re: Hunter Kills An Elephant At Janiyi Camp, Idanre, Ondo State. by sweetgala(m): 9:30am On Mar 08, 2018
That looks like a baby elephant that may have gotten lost. An adult elephant would be at least 3 times the size of that animal laying there

1 Like

Re: Hunter Kills An Elephant At Janiyi Camp, Idanre, Ondo State. by somehow: 9:31am On Mar 08, 2018
Sorry sir but who counted this?
PAGAN9JA:
Useless country. I wish I was never born here.

Special Thanks to Nairaland as well for promoting animal killings on daily basis on fp.

A nation with people that reason like animals. Can't expect anything better.

Less than 40 elephants left in all Southern Nigeria. pitiful.

1 Like

Re: Hunter Kills An Elephant At Janiyi Camp, Idanre, Ondo State. by Abogwara: 9:31am On Mar 08, 2018
Stupid hunter. So Nigeria still has elephants outside the Northeastern and Cross River area.
Re: Hunter Kills An Elephant At Janiyi Camp, Idanre, Ondo State. by sircrabo: 9:31am On Mar 08, 2018
in saner climates, this man would be arrested
Re: Hunter Kills An Elephant At Janiyi Camp, Idanre, Ondo State. by somehow: 9:32am On Mar 08, 2018
Sorry but I can't find any comment praising him. Seems you just typed what came to your mind.
modelmike7:
In a sane society, this man will be in prison at the moment, but look at him being praised and feeling like an Elephant - killer Celebrity.
The biggest animal on the land being just slaughtered this way?
Cruelty of the highest order!
There was a country!!
Re: Hunter Kills An Elephant At Janiyi Camp, Idanre, Ondo State. by Fedrick111: 9:32am On Mar 08, 2018
thesicilian:
This is very sad. I feel like crying. Why would any right thinking human being kill an elephant?

The Zoo must fall.. ...Nonsense! !!
Re: Hunter Kills An Elephant At Janiyi Camp, Idanre, Ondo State. by Mandrake007(m): 9:33am On Mar 08, 2018
these creatures are endangered I'm even surprised we've got them in Nigeria,isn't there an animal rights organization in the country? or a policy protecting these animals,well what does our cowsident know about animals,so sad.
Re: Hunter Kills An Elephant At Janiyi Camp, Idanre, Ondo State. by Baroba(m): 9:35am On Mar 08, 2018
Billyonaire:
You all are crying and condemning the killing of elephants but in your stew and soup are the corpse of fishes, goats, cows, periwinkles and even chicken and turkey.

To truly feel be free from your hypocrisy, stop eating animals. It is disgusting

Please let us know when you start raising elephants like cattle and chicken.. Do you realise forest elephants are rare and endangered; elephants compared to periwinkle, only on Nairaland..smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hunter Kills An Elephant At Janiyi Camp, Idanre, Ondo State. by kingsmaila(m): 9:37am On Mar 08, 2018
The Hunter should be arrested for poaching.
Re: Hunter Kills An Elephant At Janiyi Camp, Idanre, Ondo State. by afoobabs(m): 9:37am On Mar 08, 2018
ode aperin
ogboju ode.

Erin wo
ajanaku subu lule bi oke
ajanaku subu kole dide
Re: Hunter Kills An Elephant At Janiyi Camp, Idanre, Ondo State. by Nobody: 9:39am On Mar 08, 2018
dominique:
This is horrible! Elephants are endangered species and killing them has been outlawed all over the world. In a sane country, this Hunter would have been arrested and slammed with at least 20 years imprisonment. Here, he is being hailed as a hunter. Must we kill every animal we see? Who did this to us in this country?
Yes he is an hunter, unfortunately he killed a rear African Elephant, i felt horrible knowing how important and profitable it would have been for the Elephant to been captured alive... But in a community where there only means of livelihood is being destroyed by trhe big herbivore I think there is very little option left for the man than to kill the animal... I think in a better structured society, the government should have come to the rescue of the community and help capture the elephant alive, or better still animal right activist and group would have been contacted to rescue the elephant...I want to believe that animal right activists on nairaland will not wait till when the next rare African Elephant is killed in Idanre before they start raining abuses on the hero hunter...Quite disheartening though, especially in a country where most of the pseudo zoos are in dear need of elephants...

3 Likes

Re: Hunter Kills An Elephant At Janiyi Camp, Idanre, Ondo State. by noeloge82(m): 9:39am On Mar 08, 2018
[quote author=bmos post=65658326][/quote]
Am just surprised that people will shoot an elephant and even I never knew idanre has elephants around cos I haven't heard of any from that place since my visits
Re: Hunter Kills An Elephant At Janiyi Camp, Idanre, Ondo State. by xreal: 9:40am On Mar 08, 2018
The man should be killed aswell; infact he should die a slow death.
Re: Hunter Kills An Elephant At Janiyi Camp, Idanre, Ondo State. by Teeboi56: 9:40am On Mar 08, 2018
Good job
Don't forget my own share ooo
Re: Hunter Kills An Elephant At Janiyi Camp, Idanre, Ondo State. by akilo1: 9:41am On Mar 08, 2018
thesicilian:
there is hungry in the land
Re: Hunter Kills An Elephant At Janiyi Camp, Idanre, Ondo State. by billyG(m): 9:41am On Mar 08, 2018
This leopard clawed-face has killed d only Loxodonta africana left in d SW,now his kinsmen will title him"The Elephant killer"a feat no afonja can acheive again in d nxt 50yrs.
Re: Hunter Kills An Elephant At Janiyi Camp, Idanre, Ondo State. by Raziii(m): 9:42am On Mar 08, 2018
He is feeling like a warrior. He should be apprehended! cry
Re: Hunter Kills An Elephant At Janiyi Camp, Idanre, Ondo State. by ophatlewis(m): 9:43am On Mar 08, 2018
Hope this is not the one on first bank logo sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear / 2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) / Anambra Agricultural Exports At Lagos Airport- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.