Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? (2521 Views)

Vikramjeet Singh: Tb Joshua Made Me Convert To Christianity - Indian Sikh / Mohamad Amin Faridi: From Jihad To Jesus #10yearchallenge Of A Christian Convert / Ebonyi State Pastor Converts To Islam, Listen To His Testimony(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by creedencity(m): 12:55am On Mar 10, 2018
chemystery:

I thought god inspired both? Or you mean the validity of god's revelation is dependent on how earlier the revelation was released by god?

Quran his God's revelation to Muhammad (saw)
Bible is partly apostle paul's hoodwinked book.
enilove:

What knowledge do I lack ? Can you prove it?

I am not only an adult Christian but , by the grace of God , a teacher of the words of God.

Probably you are nor aware that jesus knew nothing about Christianity in his lifetime. Bring forth your evidence if he knew.
Or Thomas warning which paul heeded not
Or that there is evidence of salt in the bible
Or that judas committed suicide not by hanging rather jumped to his death
Or jesus perform ablution
Or jesus observe salat
Or that jesus is a son of man and not God.
Let me pause here except u want more.
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by tevinsolt: 1:37am On Mar 10, 2018
creedencity:

Probably you are nor aware that jesus knew nothing about Christianity in his lifetime. Bring forth your evidence if he knew.
Or Thomas warning which paul heeded not
Or that there is evidence of salt in the bible
Or that judas committed suicide not by hanging rather jumped to his death
Or jesus perform ablution
Or jesus observe salat
Or that jesus is a son of man and not God.
Let me pause here except u want more.

why stop there, list more

Quran is God's revelation to Muhammad - how did you come to this conclusion? because the Quran claims to be God's revelation? how convenient?

Jesus knew nothing about Christianity (absolutely bonkers to say if you ask me) but I'm guessing He knew about Islam?

Judas committed suicide by jumping - really and how did you come by this fact of history, let me guess the Quran says so?

Jesus is a son of man (I hate to say it but isn't that obvious), and not the son of God - again let me guess, God told Muhammad 600 years later

Bro.... smh
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by creedencity(m): 2:04am On Mar 10, 2018
tevinsolt:
Christians believe the bible to be the infallible word of God
Muslims, you believe the Quran to be the greatest book ever written, and that it is also the infallible word of God.

I would like to open this thread for the intellectuals from these two beliefs system to provide evidence to back the belief about their book being the infallible word of God . For all we know Someone with questions might come across this and decide to look further based on what they get from here.

Prophet Muhammad was not learned i.e can't read nor write with many evidence. From which are:
1.Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
"Those who follow the Messenger, the Prophet who can neither read not write whom they find written with them in the Tawraat and the Injeel, - he commands them for al-Ma’roof (i.e., Islamic monotheism and all that Islaam has ordained); and forbids them from al-Munkar (i.e., disbelief, polytheism of all kinds, and all that Islaam has forbidden); he allows them as lawful al-Tayyibaat (i.e., all good and lawful as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons, foods, etc.), and prohibits them as unlawful al-khabaa’ith (i.e., all evil and unlawful as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons, foods, etc.), he releases them from their heavy burdens (of Allaah’s Covenant) and from the fetters (bindings) that were upon them. So those who believe in him (Muhammad), honor him, help him and follow the light (the Qur’aan) which has been sent down with him, it is they who will be successful."
[al-A’raaf 7:157]
2.[al-‘Ankaboot 29:48]:
"Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): ‘Neither did you (O Muhammad) read any book before it (this Qur’aan), nor did you write any book (whatsoever) with your right hand . . .’ i.e., ‘you (O Muhammad) lived among your people for a while before you brought this Qur’aan to them, and you never read any book or were able to write anything. Everyone among your people and others knows that you are an unlettered man, who does not read or write.’
3. He it is Who sent among the unlettered ones a Messenger from among themselves, reciting to them His Verses, purifying them (from the filth of disbelief and polytheism), and teaching them the Book and al-Hikmah (al-Sunnah). And verily, they had been before in manifest error."
[al-Jumu’ah 62:2]
smoy:
logic, for a person that know nothing before now telling us the stages of human formation in the mothers belly in the desert of the Arabian peninsula of then where no meas of scientific advertisement to study, science has just yesteryear discover this phenomenal.

that is of embryology, and for geography the science just discovered the big bang of the creation of heath and galaxy few years ago but Qur'an has mention this over 1400 years ago.

how could he have know all this if he is the maker of the Qur'an? this can only be know by the creator who know the beginning and end i.e Allah(GOD) and then transmitted to Muhammad as revelations. these are among the miracles of the living witness called the Qur'an.
So tell me how an unlearned person can know what was just discovered in the 21st century with all exotic equipments that u will agree with me couldn't be gotten in the 19th century talk less of getting them about 1439 years ago and many more if not revealed to him.
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by creedencity(m): 2:14am On Mar 10, 2018
tevinsolt:

why stop there, list more

Quran is God's revelation to Muhammad - how did you come to this conclusion? because the Quran claims to be God's revelation? how convenient?

1.Jesus knew nothing about Christianity (absolutely bonkers to say if you ask me) but I'm guessing He knew about Islam?

2.Judas committed suicide by jumping - really and how did you come by this fact of history, let me guess the Quran says so?

3.Jesus is a son of man (I hate to say it but isn't that obvious), and not the son of God - again let me guess, God told Muhammad 600 years later

Bro.... smh
1. Refer to my previous post
2. Suicide is a dirty act, that's not something you can find in the Holy Book.
It's in your Bible
Acts 1:18 New International Version (NIV)

18 (With the payment he received for his wickedness, Judas bought a field; there he fell headlong, his body burst open and all his intestines spilled out.
3. As taught by your bible contradicting him to be the only begotten son.

This is nigeria., 911 aint dat effective. Make sure your head didn't fall of while shaking it. Be warned it dangerous grin grin tongue
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by tevinsolt: 3:45am On Mar 10, 2018
creedencity:

Prophet Muhammad was not learned i.e can't read nor write with many evidence. From which are:
1.Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

So tell me how an unlearned person can know what was just discovered in the 21st century with all exotic equipments that u will agree with me couldn't be gotten in the 19th century talk less of getting them about 1439 years ago and many more if not revealed to him.

Again go back and read my response to smoy
I think only a gullible person would see this and say "gosh what I've I been thinking...Quran is the word of God, look it describes the obvious as vaguely as it could."
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by tevinsolt: 3:59am On Mar 10, 2018
creedencity:

1. Refer to my previous post
2. Suicide is a dirty act, that's not something you can find in the Holy Book.
It's in your Bible
Acts 1:18 New International Version (NIV)

18 (With the payment he received for his wickedness, Judas bought a field; there he fell headlong, his body burst open and all his intestines spilled out.
3. As taught by your bible contradicting him to be the only begotten son.

This is nigeria., 911 aint dat effective. Make sure your head didn't fall of while shaking it. Be warned it dangerous grin grin tongue

Suicide is a dirty act ... so it shouldn't be in the Bible wow. I guess a well fabricated, packaged book would have been better just like the Quran am I right?
let me let you in on some things.....the Bible (Torah) also recorded how Cain killed is Brother Abel (how holy is that?)
what about how Eve and Adam ate from the forbidden fruit (this is super holy isn't?)

What you don't get is, the Bible is record of human failings and fault hence why salvation is needed and provided By God through only one person Jesus (who for some reason had a miraculous virgin birth also in your Quran [which I believed was plagiarized by the way])..... I mean what so special about him (show off, am I right)?

I haven't seen any contradiction yet, if any post it up
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by chemystery: 1:51pm On Mar 10, 2018
creedencity:

In essence, belief in Quran is not belief in god but belief and trust in man. It is the belief that Muhammad wasn't lying. If therefore any Muslim believed in god, then it is Muhammad since he claimed to have revelation firsthand from god. Except other Muslims get their individual revelations, Islam like other religion has its foundation on belief in man
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by chemystery: 2:04pm On Mar 10, 2018
tevinsolt:

No, the question you need to ask is ..... If God (and I assume in this particular case is the same) inspired these two books that's clearly in contradiction, wouldn't that mean God's confused?
This should tell you that no one was actually inspired. The question we should be asking now is what brand of weed Mohammed, Jesus, Paul, Moses, and the rest took.
If god wants man to know about him, nothing stops him from inspiring or giving revelation to everyone. Then this would be an actual belief in god. What we have now is belief in ancient primitive men who claimed to have gotten revelation from god.

And Also right off the bat, how can anyone prove a book is inspired by God? what I am asking is not for proof but evidence to show validity.
There are lots of finger prints on holy books, but none is god-sized.
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by tevinsolt: 8:57pm On Mar 10, 2018
chemystery:

This should tell you that no one was actually inspired. The question we should be asking now is what brand of weed Mohammed, Jesus, Paul, Moses, and the rest took.
If god wants man to know about him, nothing stops him from inspiring or giving revelation to everyone. Then this would be an actual belief in god. What we have now is belief in ancient primitive men who claimed to have gotten revelation from god.

1. If that's the only conclusion you came to, then you're reasoning is flawed.

Two contradicting claims about a topic should at least generate two questions to determine truth.

(with this example of two contradicting claims)

Both claims can't be true at the same time, therefore

* One is either true and the other false.
or
* Both are wrong - (which suggests we know the truth)

2. yeah the weed must have been so strong and widely accessible, for those men to have written about the same thing at different locations at different times (spanning roughly a millennial).

3. Listen to yourself - "I think God, if you don't reveal yourself the way my mind wants, then you're not real"
But let's assume God grants this request ..... what kind of revelation would satisfy your doubt?

4. Belief in Ancient and primitive men? You bet. There are different fields of knowledge, Science, Mathematics, Business, History, .... you name it. Our body of knowledge today rest on some of the works of so called "Ancient and primitive"
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by olajide21: 9:14pm On Mar 10, 2018
tevinsolt:
Christianity predates Islam by a big stretch, If the witnesses when Jesus was on earth wrote their accounts approximately 600 years prior to even the Birth of Muhammad......why should a Christian convert to Islam?

Logically speaking isn't it wise to trust a person's immediate brother or friend's account about that person's life over some distant future relative or non relative?

So was Judaism before Christianity. Even Jesus never associated himself as a christian. Abraham, Moses, David, Solomon, Aaron, Jesus and Mohammad (saw) all worshipped one God. Including Adam.
Yes, Jesus prayed and worshipped hence he isn't God. He is not also the Son of God as he was birthed by a woman. He peed, pooed, ate etc , these are more reasons why he isn't God!!!
Islam, is same as what all prophets as mentioned above brought so it's the only true faith.

Part of the problem non muslims have is their lack of knowledge.of the faith. They know not and judge the faith based on their ill knowledge. Get a book about Islam, read and be informed.
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by olajide21: 9:17pm On Mar 10, 2018
chemystery:

There are enough signs Manifesting the existence of Allah around you. Look and think deep. Life does not exist by co incidence.
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by chemystery: 9:21pm On Mar 10, 2018
tevinsolt:

Two contradicting claims about a topic should at least generate two questions to determine truth.

or
No! If both claim to be inspired by god, then it is either both are lying or telling the truth.
For the fact they are contradictory means they aren't telling the truth. Therefore, no god inspired anyone!

2. yeah the weed must have been so strong and widely accessible, for those men to have written about the same thing at different locations at different times (spanning roughly a millennial).

3. Listen to yourself - "I think God, if you don't reveal yourself the way my mind wants, then you're not real"
But let's assume God grants this request ..... what kind of revelation would you satisfy your doubt?

4. Belief in Ancient and primitive men? You bet. There are different fields of knowledge, Science, Mathematics, Business, History, .... you name it. Our body of knowledge today rest on some of the works of so called "Ancient and primitive"

[/quote]
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by tevinsolt: 9:34pm On Mar 10, 2018
olajide21:

So was Judaism before Christianity. Even Jesus never associated himself as a christian. Abraham, Moses, David, Solomon, Aaron, Jesus and Mohammad (saw) all worshipped one God. Including Adam.
Yes, Jesus prayed and worshipped hence he isn't God. He is not also the Son of God as he was birthed by a woman. He peed, pooed, ate etc , these are more reasons why he isn't God!!!
Islam, is same as what all prophets as mentioned above brought so it's the only true faith.

Part of the problem non muslims have is their lack of knowledge.of the faith. They know not and judge the faith based on their ill knowledge. Get a book about Islam, read and be informed.

I've already addressed this sub-par reasoning.
here we go again.
The first Christians were Jews, many Jews today are Christians but they are not really called Christians but Messianic Jews. (here's a trick for ya, the label is not what really matters but the Idea, the object of belief)

If those people you mentioned are Muslims in the way you mean it, then everyone that's submit to any form of higher power is a Muslim to that which they submit to (you see how dumb using vague generalization is?)

Jesus ate, peed, slept ..... tell me something Idk.

Highest height of gullibility is .... is to have eye witness account about someone and believe some guy 600 yrs later over them, because "He said" God has given him a revelation

Especially when there's so much contradiction and evidence that the book is reeked with Plagiarism of stories from the Gnostic gospels.
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by chemystery: 9:41pm On Mar 10, 2018
tevinsolt:

or
No! If both claim to be inspired by god, then it is either both are lying or telling the truth.
For the fact they are contradictory means they aren't telling the truth. Therefore, no god inspired anyone!

Yeah so strong to have written "same" contradictory message from different locations and at different times. You forgot to add that there was no internet too for them to have copied online. I guess you were there at those different times, moving to those different locations to know that those scripts didn't move from hand to hand.

But let's assume God grants this request ..... what kind of revelation would you satisfy your doubt?
It is not possible for an OMNIPOTENT god who wants to be known and believed to reveal himself to just few people out of billions in the world, and expect others to rely on man-made scripts written thousands of years ago. It only implies that belief in god is rooted on belief in man.

You wouldn't be saying this if you are science inclined. Science is knowledge from fact proven with testable evidence. Take for instance the Pythagoras theorem. You don't have to believe by faith that sum of the square of adjacent sides of a triangle is equal to the square of the hypotenuse. And I can actually prove to you or anyone else that this theorem is valid. And when tested repeatedly its results are always consistent and can be used and reused in real life applications. That's how science works. Now show me a testable proof that any of those primitive men who claimed to receive revelation from god actually told the truth?
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by chemystery: 9:47pm On Mar 10, 2018
olajide21:

There are enough signs Manifesting the existence of Allah around you. Look and think deep. Life does not exist by co incidence.
Life does not exist by coincidence? Is that the sign?
But your Allah existed by coincidence?
You need to think deeper!

If your Allah exists, what makes you think there is no superAllah that created him? You ain't thinking deep.
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by tevinsolt: 9:53pm On Mar 10, 2018
chemystery:

Again I'm gonna repeat what I said.

Two contradictory claims can't be true at the same time, in the same sense therefore

or
* Both are wrong - (suggesting that we know the truth, rendering the claims wrong)

Jesus Claiming to Be God is either true or false
Muhammad Claiming that he is not is also either true or false
or both are wrong.
the question now is how we discern which is true out of those options

clearly your bias (Atheism/Agnostic world view) is being projected onto this - so you automatically rule out God's existence, ("because both books claim to be the revelation from God" ) and to go further, the possibility of either one being true

If you don't get this simple train of thought..... then I can't help you
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by tevinsolt: 10:21pm On Mar 10, 2018
chemystery:

You wouldn't be saying this if you are science inclined. Science is knowledge from fact proven with testable evidence. Take for instance the Pythagoras theorem. You don't have to believe by faith that sum of the square of adjacent sides of a triangle is equal to the square of the hypotenuse. And I can actually prove to you or anyone else that this theorem is valid. And when tested repeatedly its results are always consistent and can be used and reused in real life applications. That's how science works. Now show me a testable proof that any of those primitive men who claimed to receive revelation from god actually told the truth?

How unfortunate. But let me help you out. I would say that I'm science literate than the Average person (BSc in Science).
Science is based on testable, falsifiable empirical evidence not "proven fact" as you claim.
And that's the beauty of science, knowledge is being built upon based on findings, meaning observation, studies and research and also Advancement in technology.

Induction and more so Deduction, is made from on observed data. This is how science is done.

Pythagoras Theorem is a proof in Mathematics not science. And how Ironic that you just used an Ancient person's work even more ancient than Jesus to back your opinion.

now show me why you even believe Pythagoras actually came up with the theorem to begin with?
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by alBHAGDADI: 7:40am On Mar 11, 2018
tartar9:

Wasnt Muhammad(SAW) the first to be Muslim during his time undecided
You mean there were no one who submitted to allah before he was born and before he submitted?

Allah clearly put it that he is the first Muslim.
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by alBHAGDADI: 7:43am On Mar 11, 2018
creedencity:

Anybody can go to the internet and quote Quran, but before you quote Quran upside down, know that you don't understand arabic.
The .....the first of those who.....in the Surah 39 vs 12 you quoted is referring to be the leader.
As u can see, he was commanded by Allah subhana watahala that he should be the first(leader) of those who are muslims.
He didn't say 'i am the first muslim'.
You cant tell me a student that got first position in class is the first student that started in the class.
Or you will tell me Buhari is tge first Nigerian.

Come for extra study in English, i wont charge you. grin

Make sure you come with hime for the liguistic lesson
Stop confusing yourself with lies. That verse didn't say anything about leader. If you just all the other quranic translation of that verse, none mentioned leader.

Say (O Muhammad): Lo! I am commanded to worship Allah, making religion pure for Him (only). And I am commanded to be the first of those who are muslims (surrender unto Him). S. 39:11-12 Pickthall
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by efeski(m): 7:50am On Mar 11, 2018
perhaps the sooner both sides realize that the progenitors of both faiths have since missed the mark and all we have today is a dumbed down version of an attempt to codify ethical cum moral rules for mankind to embrace and live by in the interest of peace and the commonwealth, then the better for us as a whole for only then will there be a proper understanding of the substance of both faiths and y'all can stop cussing and fighting each other and yourselves.
wake up o mankind
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by Hier(m): 7:52am On Mar 11, 2018
tevinsolt:
Christians believe the bible to be the infallible word of God
Muslims, you believe the Quran to be the greatest book ever written, and that it is also the infallible word of God.

I would like to open this thread for the intellectuals from these two beliefs system to provide evidence to back the belief about their book being the infallible word of God . For all we know Someone with questions might come across this and decide to look further based on what they get from here.

get a job bro

This is so far one of the lamest thread on NL
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by chemystery: 9:03am On Mar 11, 2018
tevinsolt:

How unfortunate. But let me help you out. I would say that I'm science literate than the Average person (BSc in Science).
Science is based on testable, falsifiable empirical evidence not "proven fact" as you claim.

And that's the beauty of science, knowledge is being built upon based on findings, meaning observation, studies and research and also Advancement in technology.

Induction and more so Deduction, is made from on observed data. This is how science is done.

Pythagoras Theorem is a proof in Mathematics not science. And how Ironic that you just used an Ancient person's work even more ancient than Jesus to back your opinion.

now show me why you even believe Pythagoras actually came up with the theorem to begin with?
If you say Pythagoras theorem in mathematics isn't science, then I can't be discussing science with you because it is evident you know nothing about science. If you studied elementary physics, you will know how wide its application is in that field. Also science is not there to prove who actually to accept came up with a scientific fact. It is there to analyse and try to falsify a scientific fact to make sure it is true so that the rest of the world don't make fool of themselves. And these facts would later serve as guide to the discovery of other scientific fact. But then, you are yet to prove to me that those who claimed to be inspired by god were actually telling the truth.
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by tartar9(m): 11:07am On Mar 11, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
You mean there were no one who submitted to allah before he was born and before he submitted?

Allah clearly put it that he is the first Muslim.
Where was it said He(SAW) was the first Muslim ever.
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by tevinsolt: 1:25pm On Mar 11, 2018
Hier:

get a job bro

This is so far one of the lamest thread on NL

You, whoever you are, need to learn how to keep it moving whenever something doesn't interest you.

Because you really don't want a (like manner) response from me.
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by tevinsolt: 5:10pm On Mar 11, 2018
chemystery:

If you say Pythagoras theorem in mathematics isn't science, then I can't be discussing science with you because it is evident you know nothing about science. If you studied elementary physics, you will know how wide its application is in that field. Also science is not there to prove who actually to accept came up with a scientific fact. It is there to analyse and try to falsify a scientific fact to make sure it is true so that the rest of the world don't make fool of themselves. And these facts would later serve as guide to the discovery of other scientific fact. But then, you are yet to prove to me that those who claimed to be inspired by god were actually telling the truth.

Mr.
Mathematics and Logic are provable because they deal with real values, numbers. 1+1 = 2 any where in the universe. Pi = 3.14 is a constant. The theory of Evolution isn't, even though there's good body of evidence to support it rather than not.

Science deals with empirical evidence. In science data must be testable, falsifiable and not absolute. Science employs Mathematics, Language to carry out the scientific approach.

You sir, know not what you talk about, You have the internet at your disposal please use it.
It's useless going over this matter when your check yourself using a reliable source online.

About proving the Bible as the revelation of God? I'm sorry I can't do that, neither can I for any other book.
But I can use plausibility and evidence to show that.
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by chemystery: 7:35pm On Mar 11, 2018
tevinsolt:

Mr.
Mathematics and Logic are provable because they deal with real values, numbers. 1+1 = 2 any where in the universe. Pi = 3.14 is a constant. The theory of Evolution isn't, even though there's good body of evidence to support it rather than not.

Science deals with empirical evidence. In science data must be testable, falsifiable and not absolute. Science employs Mathematics, Language to carry out the scientific approach.

You sir, know not what you talk about, You have the internet at your disposal please use it.
It's useless going over this matter when your check yourself using a reliable source online.
When you are talking about science, be able to distinguish hypothesis & theory from facts.
Stop lying about science just to get plusses to justify your shallow biblical or Quranic worldview. So the scientific claim of a spherical earth isn't absolute? There is possibility it could be flat huh?

About proving the Bible as the revelation of God? I'm sorry I can't do that, neither can I for any other book.
But I can use plausibility and evidence to show that.

If this is the case, you can just believe any nonsense written thousands of years ago just because the author claimed he was inspired by god. What if such books are imaginative work of some ancient primitive men which some other folks read and took way too serious?
This is evident from the book of Deuteronomy where the author, Moses wrote how he died and even kept writing events that happened after his death.
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by tevinsolt: 10:25pm On Mar 11, 2018
chemystery:

When you are talking about science, be able to distinguish hypothesis & theory from facts.
Stop lying about science just to get plusses to justify your shallow biblical or Quranic worldview. So the scientific claim of a spherical earth isn't absolute? There is possibility it could be flat huh?

It's obvious you only argue for its sake. What I told you, I bet you've fact checked non.
But that aside
Learn the distinction between Math, Science, And Technology. There's a reason why the acronym (STEM) exists.
Show me without a doubt that the Earth is spherical.
I'll save you the energy. There's more and better evidence to support the Earth is a globe (not exactly spherical) and not flat. Not that there aren't evidence that might suggest a flat earth. An Individual could claim based on what they see that the earth is flat.
But then at the end of the day neither you or I have seen the Earth from vantage point to absolutely say this what it looks like.

If this is the case, you can just believe any nonsense written thousands of years ago just because the author claimed he was inspired by god. What if such books are imaginative work of some ancient primitive men which some other folks read and took way too serious?
This is evident from the book of Deuteronomy where the author, Moses wrote how he died and even kept writing events that happened after his death.

I'm not even gonna respond to this ( An intellectual would ask.....ok you claim to have evidence, show me your evidence. But you rather and again jumped to conclusions.)

you've been going on and on about "scientific proven fact"

Whatever you believe must be more sensible than theism. So where are the proven facts that your held beliefs on God and religion is true?
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by chemystery: 7:23am On Mar 12, 2018
tevinsolt:

It's obvious you only argue for its sake. What I told you, I bet you've fact checked non.
But that aside
Learn the distinction between Math, Science, And Technology. There's a reason why the acronym (STEM) exists.
Show me without a doubt that the Earth is spherical.
I'll save you the energy. There's more and better evidence to support the Earth is a globe (not exactly spherical) and not flat. Not that there aren't evidence that might suggest a flat earth. An Individual could claim based on what they see that the earth is flat.
But then at the end of the day neither you or I have seen thbe Earth from vantage point to absolutely say this what it looks like.
How does the acronym STEM prove that mathematics or engineering aren't science?
Mathematics, engineering and the rest all fall under science. There is nothing you do in electrical/electronic engineering that is not covered in physics. In fact, many electronic engineering text books are written by physicists. You would only be doing word play if you call one science and the other engineering.

Photographs and video footage of the earth has been taken to show it is spherical. And this is one amongst several other evidence. Google is your friend.

I'm not even gonna respond to this ( An intellectual would ask.....ok you claim to have evidence, show me your evidence. But you rather and again jumped to conclusions.)

you've been going on and on about "scientific proven fact"

Whatever you believe must be more sensible than theism. So where are the proven facts that your held beliefs on God and religion is true?
I have no belief, all I have is knowledge! Theism is not about knowledge. Not even about belief in god, but belief in man
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by tevinsolt: 12:11pm On Mar 12, 2018
chemystery:

How does the acronym STEM prove that mathematics or engineering aren't science?
Mathematics, engineering and the rest all fall under science. There is nothing you do in electrical/electronic engineering that is not covered in physics. In fact, many electronic engineering text books are written by physicists. You would only be doing word play if you call one science and the other engineering.

Knowing the distinction tells a science literate (Which from our discussion so far as shown, you're not) whether you know what you're talking or not.

These fields of knowledge are interwoven but each still maintain their uniqueness.
In kinematics for example, data that's obtained by observation and experimentation using lab models is obtained by a function in Mathematics.
Engineering and technology are applications of both approach.

The scientific method is an approach of observing the real world.
Observation - Questions - Hypothesis (tentative explanation) - Experiment - Theory ( tested explanation)

Photographs and video footage of the earth has been taken to show it is spherical. And this is one amongst several other evidence. Google is your friend.

Have you seen it yourself? again you've shown your hypocrisy by believing other men's work and accepting their claims as the truth. Have the courage to apply the same standard all through.
The earth isn't exactly spherical. The shape is bulged.

I have no belief, all I have is knowledge! Theism is not about knowledge. Not even about belief in god, but

Lol you have no belief. Listen to yourself..... You've been reading too much of these internet pseudo intellectual atheistic and agnostic nonsense.

You're lack of belief is what?
And the "knowledge" you claim have came from where.... Let me guess other Men?

Unlike you I understand that most often than not, Knowledge of anything is passed down generation to generation. Knowledge of Language, History, Mathematics, science, applied Science, philosophy, Music and art.
So yes I believe other humans (shocking isn't it). If you don't, such a sad life you live buddy.
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by tevinsolt: 12:22pm On Mar 12, 2018
chemystery:

I have no belief, all I have is knowledge! Theism is not about knowledge. Not even about belief in god, but belief in man

And again I'll ask. You say you have no belief, but knowledge.

(just overlooking the absurdity of that) What is the evidence that your "knowledge" is the answer to human purpose?
Can you scientifically show to me that your "knowledge" answers the fundamental questions of existence nature and human conciousness?
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by chemystery: 2:42pm On Mar 12, 2018
tevinsolt:

Knowing the distinction tells a science literate (Which from our discussion so far as shown, you're not) whether you know what you're talking or not.

These fields of knowledge are interwoven but each still maintain their uniqueness.
In kinematics for example, data that's obtained by observation and experimentation using lab models is obtained by a function in Mathematics.
Engineering and technology are applications of both approach.

The scientific method is an approach of observing the real world.
Observation - Questions - Hypothesis (tentative explanation) - Experiment - Theory ( tested explanation)

Have you seen it yourself? again you've shown your hypocrisy by believing other men's work and accepting their claims as the truth. Have the courage to apply the same standard all through.
The earth isn't exactly spherical. The shape is bulged.

Lol you have no belief. Listen to yourself..... You've been reading too much of these internet pseudo intellectual atheistic and agnostic nonsense.

You're lack of belief is what?
And the "knowledge" you claim have came from where.... Let me guess other Men?

Unlike you I understand that most often than not, Knowledge of anything is passed down generation to generation. Knowledge of Language, History, Mathematics, science, applied Science, philosophy, Music and art.
So yes I believe other humans (shocking isn't it). If you don't, such a sad life you live buddy.

First, mathematics isn't science. After exposing your ignorance, they suddenly became interwoven.

I have come to accept everything I know through knowledge and not by belief. If belief is such a good virtue, you won't be trying so hard to rope me into it. And even going as far to claim science is built on belief.

I cant continue having you strawman me. If you can claim that Pythagoras theorem and the scientific fact of a spherical earth is accepted by belief, then you deliberately want to troll just to make your belief in ancient cavemen valid.

You see, science is a belief to non-scientist but knowledge to scientists. So I'm not surprised seeing a non-scientist compare science with hallucinating ideas of primitive ancient cavement.

We mustn't share the same shallow worldview. You can continue believing and getting your morals form primitive ancient cavemen and claim it is belief in god.

So now, relax and wait for the heaven they promised you. Afterall your ancient cavemen left you with enough proof of their imaginary heaven more than any scientific proof.
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by tevinsolt: 6:36pm On Mar 12, 2018
chemystery:

First, mathematics isn't science. After exposing your ignorance, they suddenly became interwoven.

I have come to accept everything I know through knowledge and not by belief. If belief is such a good virtue, you won't be trying so hard to rope me into it. And even going as far to claim science is built on belief.

I cant continue having you strawman me. If you can claim that Pythagoras theorem and the scientific fact of a spherical earth is accepted by belief, then you deliberately want to troll just to make your belief in ancient cavemen valid.

You see, science is a belief to non-scientist but knowledge to scientists. So I'm not surprised seeing a non-scientist compare science with hallucinating ideas of primitive ancient cavement.

We mustn't share the same shallow worldview. You can continue believing and getting your morals form primitive ancient cavemen and claim it is belief in god.

So now, relax and wait for the heaven they promised you. After all your ancient cavemen left you with enough proof of their imaginary heaven more than any scientific proof.

you are free to carry on believing what you want. At this point I've already gotten what I need from you to not continue on with this back and forth.

Knowledge - facts, information, and skills acquired by a person through experience or education
Education - the process of receiving or giving systematic instruction
Belief - an acceptance that a something is true or that something exists.

fact - Without the belief that there's uniformity in nature, Science won't be a thing.

but it's ok to go on believing Chaos by chance over billions of years gave rise to order and then few billions years from now the earth would exist no more.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... / The Misconceptions About Hell Fire Thoroughly Examined And Explained / Pastor Removes Church Members Panties And Shave Them During Church Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.