Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,303 members, 7,829,711 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

You Atheists, Are Wrong! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Atheists, Are Wrong! (2817 Views)

Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People / Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" / New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Atheists, Are Wrong! by budaatum: 4:17pm On Mar 08, 2018
butterflylion:

You exist as an atheist simply because God exists.

Even here on nairaland it confirms itself. Atheists do nothing but talk about God all day every day yet they say he does not exist. Any Christian that opens any thread about God trust the atheist vultures to fly to it as always cheesy

You guys cannot do without God! grin

Edited from original by buda

What do you think atheist? Is op right?

P.s. No ignoring aloud!
Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by PSTEMMA1960(m): 4:20pm On Mar 08, 2018
make i park here dey observe first b4 commentary..
Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by DeSepiero(m): 4:28pm On Mar 08, 2018
Butterflylion is right as a theist simply because atheists are right.

Even here on nairaland he confirms himself. Butterflylion does nothing but talk about atheists all day every day yet he says they are wrong. Any atheist that opens any thread about religion, trust the butterflylion vulture to fly to it as always

The guy cannot do without Atheists! grin

15 Likes

Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by johnydon22(m): 5:05pm On Mar 08, 2018
budaatum:

P.s. No ignoring aloud!

How do we really reply to this question.

You already made it clear on your post You atheists are wrong

You already have a preconceived idea on the correctness of the atheistic stance so i have a feeling this is more of a See. you are wrong, i am right than a question stimulated by an intellectual need.

How do we reply the quoted OP when his argument is formulated on an unsubstantiated claim?

That is not how logic or rule of argument works.

You exist as an atheist because God exists

is a claim.

largely flawed - but i won't dwell on that.

But this claim rather as a statement is vague and undemonstrated at best. For this confident remark to be valid in an argumentative ground, our OP must demonstrate the substantial elements of his statement (claim)

Tell us the direct relationship between "exist as an atheist" and "God exists"

Tell us how this conclusion can be derived.

Till then, there really is nothing to refute on this post because it bears nothing.

7 Likes

Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by butterflylion: 5:19pm On Mar 08, 2018
budaatum:

P.s. No ignoring aloud!

I stand by my words.

Atheism is contrasted with theism and theism in its most general form, is the belief that at least one deity exists.

The root for the word "atheism" originated from the ancient Greek word "atheos", meaning "without God/gods".

Disbelieving or rejecting something means there was something to believe in or reject in the first place and a conscious choice was made to "move away" from that.

Take God out of the picture entirely and Atheists or atheism would not even be considered as there would be no dieties to disbelieve or reject therefore there would be no one seen as an atheist or who is without God or rejecting God/gods or disbelieving God or god's. What we would have would be just people.

But with God always in the picture, those who reject or disbelieve would ALWAYS be there which is what keeps atheists thriving.

No God no atheist
Yes God, Yes atheist.

Atheism leeches off God .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by OtemAtum: 5:37pm On Mar 08, 2018
butterflylion:

I stand by my words.

Atheism is contrasted with theism and theism in its most general form, is the belief that at least one deity exists.

The root for the word "atheism" originated from the ancient Greek word "atheos", meaning "without God/gods".

Disbelieving or rejecting something means there was something to believe in or reject in the first place and a conscious choice was made to "move away" from that.

Take God out of the picture entirely and Atheists or atheism would not even be considered as there would be no dieties to disbelieve or reject therefore there would be no one seen as an atheist or who is without God or rejecting God/gods or disbelieving God or god's. What we would have would be just people.

But with God always in the picture, those who reject or disbelieve would ALWAYS be there which is what keeps atheists thriving.

No God no atheist
Yes God, Yes atheist.

Atheism leaches off God .

If you are fit to discuss God, then God must be a thief, a scammer and a great liar. Samuel, you should know exactly what I'm saying. But thank God the god you are discussing is not God but a scammer like you.

1 Like

Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by budaatum: 7:44pm On Mar 10, 2018
butterflylion:

If I disbelieve that there is one million pounds in my bank account, it is because there is one million pounds in my bank account to disbelieve in!

4 Likes

Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by butterflylion: 8:01pm On Mar 10, 2018
budaatum:

If I disbelieve that there is one million pounds in my bank account, it is because there is one million pounds in my bank account to disbelieve in!

Mind the words I made bold in your comment.
You cannot disbelieve what you have because you already know you do not have it but you can disbelieve what someone else has.

1 Like

Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by budaatum: 8:06pm On Mar 10, 2018
butterflylion:

Mind the words I made bold in your comment.
You cannot disbelieve what you have because you already know you do not have it but you can disbelieve what someone else has.

Oh, ok. Do you mean?

If I disbelieve that there is one million pounds in your bank account, it is because there is one million pounds in your bank account to disbelieve in!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by butterflylion: 8:10pm On Mar 10, 2018
budaatum:

Oh, ok. Do you mean?

If I disbelieve that there is one million pounds in your bank account, it is because there is one million pounds in your bank account to disbelieve in!

It's for me to say FIRST based on what I know and for you to disbelieve SECOND based on what you do not know.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by ScienceWatch: 8:29pm On Mar 10, 2018
budaatum:

Oh, ok. Do you mean?

Lol Very loud. Your exaggeration is extreme. Simplicity is a winner.
Ok how long will you take to DISBELIEVE one million pounds in Butterfly1on's account ??

To truly disbelieve, you will have to DISBELIEVE one pound at a time so as not to discriminate against even on note. How long will it take you?

Lol. Your example reminds me of the time you told Butterfly1on that you will buy 100 cars and drive them all at the same time. You had no concern for traffic cops frustration in that matter.

Simplicity is a winner.

2 Likes

Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by budaatum: 9:01pm On Mar 10, 2018
butterflylion:

It's for me to say FIRST based on what I know and for you to disbelieve SECOND based on what you do not know.
So, you claim to have a million pounds. I come along and say, "I don't believe you have a million pounds". And according to you, the reason why I don't believe, is because I am ignorant?

I would accept that I may be ignorant about you having a million pounds, if that were the case, but I am sure I asked you to show me some evidence so I can know you have a million pounds, and my disbelieve is because your evidence was rather incredulous!

Just imagine you were buying feed from me with the million pounds. You do know that even after you place the money on the table, I will count every pound before I let you walk off with my pig feed, and if you paid it into my account, I will wait for an alert first?

Sorry, I just don't believe you without you providing evidence to dispel my ignorance for me to believe you. Perhaps after we've been doing business for a while, I might believe you and give you credit. But for now, butterflylion saying a thing does not make it so. Money for ground please. I disbelieve you.

2 Likes

Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by butterflylion: 9:11pm On Mar 10, 2018
budaatum:

So, you claim to have a million pounds. I come along and say, "I don't believe you have a million pounds". And according to you, the reason why I don't believe, is because I am ignorant?

I would accept that I may be ignorant about you having a million pounds, if that were the case, but I am sure I asked you to show me some evidence so I can know you have a million pounds, and my disbelieve is because your evidence was rather incredulous!

Just imagine you were buying feed from me with the million pounds. You do know that even after you place the money on the table, I will count every pound before I let you walk off with my pig feed, and if you paid it into my account, I will wait for an alert first?

Sorry, I just don't believe you without you providing evidence to dispel my ignorance for me to believe you. Perhaps after we've been doing business for a while, I might believe you and give you credit. But for now, butterflylion saying a thing does no make it so. Money for ground please. I disbelieve you.

First of all I never said I had a billion pounds in my account and if indeed I would ever say so do you not think that I would be sure of what I am saying before saying it?

How would you know I had a billion pounds? Surely I would not take you to the bank to show you a billion pounds but how I live and my purchasing power would give you a hint that there could be a possibility that i am saying the truth.

My works would prove me right or wrong because I do not owe it to you to show you a literal physical 1 billion pounds but I can let you OBSERVE my spending spree.
Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by budaatum: 9:20pm On Mar 10, 2018
butterflylion:

First of all I never said I had a billion pounds in my account and if indeed I would ever say so do you not think that I would be sure of what I am saying before saying it?

How would you know I had a billion pounds? Surely I would not take you to the bank to show you a billion pounds but how I live and my purchasing power would give you a hint that there could be a possibility that i am saying the truth.

My works would prove me right or wrong because I do not owe it to you to show you a literal physical 1 billion pounds but I can let you OBSERVE my spending spree.
Below is what someone said about your so called spending spree. So forgive me if I refuse to take your word for it!

bobowaja:

I have being seeing your posts and that of analice around here for a while now..... You guys are opposite of what a Christian world constitute. So much hate have filled you guys up.

One advice for you and your wife. Purge your soul of this hate else it will destroy you.

If you are not buying anything from me, I see no reason why I have to believe or disbelieve whether you have a million pounds or not. But if you are, your say so is not credible enough for me, sorry.
Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by butterflylion: 9:27pm On Mar 10, 2018
budaatum:

Below is what someone said about your so called spending spree. So forgive me if I refuse to take your word for it!

If you are not buying anything from me, I see no reason why I have to believe or disbelieve whether you have a million pounds or not. But if you are, your say so is not credible enough for me, sorry.

You seem to be missing your own argument.

You raised the issue of a billion pounds and not me. I was simply playing along with you. The post from the guy whom you posted talks about something else entirely and has nothing to do with a spending spree or a billion dollars.

Let me put it this way, my take for the billion pounds was from the angle of God existing or not existing. How do you know God exists ? His works (spending spree or purchasing power) is proof of this.

People pray to him and get answers.
Demons are cast out of people in real time
The name of Jesus gets aggressive reactions from people said to be demon possessed
Etc

That was why I played along with your billion pound parody.

But like I said on another thread, this loop is closed and here you are repeating the same talk and comments others before you have made repeatedly on nairaland. The cycle never stops.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by budaatum: 10:07pm On Mar 10, 2018
I am missing nothing, you are. You say god exists. I am claiming your evidence is insufficient to convince me. You point to what you claim is God's spending spree! Now you want to make it sound as if the discussion is about an actual million pounds! Someone even supported you by suggesting the analogical million pounds be counted pound by pound.

First you ask me to take your word for it that there is a god. Then you ask me to take your word for it that the spree is that god's! How can there be a spending spree of a god we haven't concluded actually exists? Isn't that worst than you pointing to someone else's purchases and calling it evidence for your million pounds? No wonder you claim people are controlled! If I took your word for anything without you presenting evidence for it, I would definitely be controlled, and by you!

Yes, your loop is closed. The only thing you prove is the futility of responding to you.

butterflylion:

You raised the issue of a billion pounds and not me. I was simply playing along with you. The post from the guy whom you posted talks about something else entirely and has nothing to do with a spending spree or a billion dollars.

Let me put it this way, my take for the billion pounds was from the angle of God existing or not existing. How do you know God exists ? His works (spending spree or purchasing power) is proof of this.

The name of Jesus gets aggressive reactions from people said to be demon possessed
Etc

But like I said on another thread, this loop is closed and here you are repeating the same talk and comments others before you have made repeatedly on nairaland. The cycle never stops.
Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by butterflylion: 10:16pm On Mar 10, 2018
budaatum:
I am missing nothing, you are. You say god exists. I am claiming your evidence is insufficient to convince me. You point to what you claim is God's spending spree! Now you want to make it sound as if the discussion is about an actual million pounds! Someone even supported you by suggesting the analogical million pounds be counted pound by pound.

First you ask me to take your word for it that there is a god. Then you ask me to take your word for it that the spree is that god's! How can there be a spending spree of a god we haven't concluded actually exists? Isn't that worst than you pointing to someone else's purchases and calling it evidence for your million pounds? No wonder you claim people are controlled! If I took your word for anything without you presenting evidence for it, I would definitely be controlled, and by you!

Yes, your loop is closed. The only thing you prove is the futility of responding to you.

What I say or present is what I say and present. How you view the evidence is up to you and not up to me. If you believe it based on its sufficiency or not is up to you and not me. I can't force you to accept what you choose not to.

I say God exists and you say He doesn't. I have my reasons to make my claim and you have your reasons to make yours. So when you say WE haven't concluded God actually exists let it be known that you speak for a very small minority.

The rest of us would rather point to the spending spree and purchasing power and believe because we ask and receive specifically as asked and as he said, these signs shall follow us that believe that in his name we shall......

We see this to be true because it does happen and has been happening. Acts prove existence and we the majority have seen the Acts.
Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by budaatum: 3:43pm On Mar 13, 2018
butterflylion:

You do not make claims and expect not to show proof to support it.
Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by LightSpirit: 8:56pm On Mar 13, 2018
Two goldfish were swimming around and around in a glass bowl. One announced crankily that he
had become an atheist. ’Fine, fine’ scoffed the other. ’Now just explain to me who changed the water in this bowl?’

Now a goldfish in a bowl thinks that God changes the water. Your guesswork about God cannot be
more than that. That’s why if you say to people that there is no God – they will say ’What are
you talking about? Then who created the world? Who changed the water?’ Stupid ideas, because
God is not the cause, and the world is not the effect. God has not created the world. If he has
created this world, then that is enough proof that he is absolutely mad: that will prove only this,
nothing else.

God has not created the world. God is not really a creator. It will be far better to say that God IS
the world. God is not the creator but the creativity.

1 Like

Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by Nobody: 6:40am On Mar 14, 2018
LightSpirit:
Two goldfish were swimming around and around in a glass bowl. One announced crankily that he
had become an atheist. ’Fine, fine’ scoffed the other. ’Now just explain to me who changed the water in this bowl?’

Now a goldfish in a bowl thinks that God changes the water. Your guesswork about God cannot be
more than that. That’s why if you say to people that there is no God – they will say ’What are
you talking about? Then who created the world? Who changed the water?’ Stupid ideas, because
God is not the cause, and the world is not the effect. God has not created the world. If he has
created this world, then that is enough proof that he is absolutely mad: that will prove only this,
nothing else.

God has not created the world. God is not really a creator. It will be far better to say that God IS
the world. God is not the creator but the creativity.

I am highly disappointed in this post..
Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by superhumanist(m): 8:32am On Mar 14, 2018
OtemAtum:

If you are fit to discuss God, then God must be a thief, a scammer and a great liar. Samuel, you should know exactly what I'm saying. But thank God the god you are discussing is not God but a scammer like you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by superhumanist(m): 9:00am On Mar 14, 2018
butterflylion:

I stand by my words.

I want to correct this nonsense.

So, if I say that I do not believe in unicorns, does that mean that unicorns exist in the first place and I made a conscious choice not to believe in it?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by superhumanist(m): 2:57am On Mar 21, 2018
^^^

See as butterflyl1on run commot.
Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by Niflheim(m): 12:30pm On Mar 21, 2018
Stan Lee talks a lot about Spiderman.................Walt Disney spoke a lot about Mickey Mouse!!! I guess Mickey Mouse exists!!!

1 Like

Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by superhumanist(m): 1:28pm On Mar 21, 2018
Niflheim:
Stan Lee talks a lot about Spiderman.................Walt Disney spoke a lot about Mickey Mouse!!! I guess Mickey Mouse exists!!!

Funny enough, Disney owns Marvel, therefore Disney also owns spiderman.

(Although Sony holds (shares) the rights to spiderman movies)

1 Like

Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by butterflylion: 5:24pm On Mar 21, 2018
superhumanist:

So, if I say that I do not believe in unicorns, does that mean that unicorns exist in the first place and I made a conscious choice not to believe in it?

I want to believe you saw this comment of mine here to a similar comment made by someone else.

butterflylion:

Just seeing this now. I know you wish I ran grin cheesy

Who runs from dummies?
Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by butterflylion: 7:08pm On Mar 21, 2018
superhumanist:

You must be the latest version of Jackbizzle my favourite dumbo. grin

You cannot say something does not exist unless someone first declares that it exists and for anyone to say it exists they must be first speaking from a position of knowledge.

Nobody just throws stuff around for the fun of it.

Or do you jump up in the middle of the night and start shouting that "crayfish does not exist " if you had never previously been told that it does?

Smh
Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by superhumanist(m): 7:22pm On Mar 21, 2018
butterflylion:

You must be the latest version of Jackbizzle my favourite dumbo. grin

You cannot say something does not exist unless someone first declares that it exists and for anyone to say it exists they must be first speaking from a position of knowledge.

Nobody just throws stuff around for the fun of it.

Or do you jump up in the middle of the night and start shouting that "crayfish does not exist " if you had never previously been told that it does?

Smh

I hope sciencewatch has not given you some tramadol. Your posts have been out of sync lately
Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by butterflylion: 7:26pm On Mar 21, 2018
superhumanist:

I hope sciencewatch has not given you some tramadol. Your posts have been out of sync lately

More like your intelligence has been out of sync ALWAYS you NEVER grasp my posts.
Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by purem(m): 8:06pm On Mar 21, 2018
butterflylion:

Etc

If all theist are like you religion will be more complicated than this undecided
Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by butterflylion: 8:08pm On Mar 21, 2018
purem:

If all theist are like you religion will be more complicated than this undecided

Well I am not a theist and I do not do religion.

I am a son of God and an heir to my Father in heaven.
Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by olusamuel01: 8:28pm On Mar 21, 2018
This new movie "Fragments of truth" further authenticates the New Testament.
Questions regarding the reliability of the Bible have been debated by scholars worldwide for centuries,” Fathom Events CEO Ray Nutt said. “‘Fragments of Truth’ will give audiences of all ages new understanding on the power of the New Testament and ultimately help strengthen their faith.”
“The challenges to the reliability of the Gospels have never been greater,” said director Reuben Evans. “But when we heard about the latest research Dr. Craig Evans published, we knew this was a story that we had to tell.”
http://www.gospelredefined.com/2018/03/fragments-of-truth-goes-to-cinemas.html

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Anyone Else Feeling The Presence Of The Lord On Earth As We Speak ? / What Will You Do If God Ask You To Kill Your Own Child? / Salvation And Tithe, Which Is Greater

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.