Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,575 members, 7,820,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

You Atheists, Are Wrong! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Atheists, Are Wrong! (2803 Views)

Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People / Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" / New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 26, 2020
budaatum:

Theoretically, anyone can deny the existence of air. And all one has to do to prove air exists is remove that air they claim does not exist from a room they are in and time how long it takes for them to change their minds.

Has anyone got a similar experiment to prove God exists to God existence deniers?

You're just too much in a hurry to conclude, there are thousands of ways to prove that air exists. You can just remove the air in a plastic bottle and see what happens to it, poke a balloon, puncture a tire, keep a shiny iron nail in the open air and so on.

The only way to prove the existence of God is what he is doing in the midst of mankind. There are perfect natural laws that's keeping us alive on this planet, even when we pour dirty things into the sea the phytoplankton is there to clean our waters, dead and routine things are good to vultures and so many other things like that. But some people may say "that is not enough evidence to prove the existence of a Supreme Being" so what about his promises?

Yet unfulfilled promises

©Make the earth a Paradise.
©All animals will eat straw, no more carnivores.
©No more infirmities, sickness
©No more death.
©No more Crime.
©No more growing old everyone will live as youths forever.
©No more oppresive governments.
©No more natural disasters.
©No more pain.

Fulfilling promises
©Rebellious humans will continue to hate and kill one another but his worshipers will live as brothers.
©His worshipers will stop planning wars, rather they will continue to preach PEACE.
©His worshipers will maintain the same line of thought when others will find hard it to agree on anything.
©His worshipers will worship the same way throughout the earth while others are confused over the best form of worship.
©His worshipers will be hated for not participating in the ongoing racism that's claiming lives.
©His worshipers will continue preaching and teaching while others will be pursuing material possessions.
©His worshipers will be totally different in terms of teachings and doctrines.

What majority of atheists are agitating for is the unfulfilled promises but faithful ones are paying rapt attention to the fulfilling promises! smiley
Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by budaatum: 6:20pm On Jun 26, 2020
Maximus69:

You're just too much in a hurry to conclude, there are thousands of ways to prove that air exists. You can just remove the air in a plastic bottle and see what happens to it, poke a balloon, puncture a tire, keep a shiny iron nail in the open air and so on.

The only way to prove the existence of God is what he is doing in the midst of mankind. There are perfect natural laws that's keeping us alive on this planet, even when we pour dirty things into the sea the phytoplankton is there to clean our waters, dead and routine things are good to vultures and so many other things like that. But some people may say "that is not enough evidence to prove the existence of a Supreme Being" so what about his promises?

Yet unfulfilled promises

©Make the earth a Paradise.
©All animals will eat straw, no more carnivores.
©No more infirmities, sickness
©No more death.
©No more Crime.
©No more growing old everyone will live as youths forever.
©No more oppresive governments.
©No more natural disasters.
©No more pain.

Fulfilling promises
©Rebellious humans will continue to hate and kill one another but his worshipers will live as brothers.
©His worshipers will stop planning wars, rather they will continue to preach PEACE.
©His worshipers will maintain the same line of thought when others will find hard it to agree on anything.
©His worshipers will worship the same way throughout the earth while others are confused over the best form of worship.
©His worshipers will be hated for not participating in the ongoing racism that's claiming lives.
©His worshipers will continue preaching and teaching while others will be pursuing material possessions.
©His worshipers will be totally different in terms of teachings and doctrines.

What majority of atheists are agitating for is the unfulfilled promises but faithful ones are paying rapt attention to the fulfilling promises! smiley
You are merely attempting to use anecdotal evidence to prove the existence of God, and atheists are more than wise to gobble that up.

Fact is, it is not for anyone to prove God exists, and any attempt to do so would make one commit the sin of image creation so God can be seen to exist by the atheists. Unfortunately, it would seem some don't mind sinning against the God they say exists.

When God wishes to prove God's existence, God knows well what and how to go about it. And if any reader of the bible wishes to take on that responsibility, they should perhaps see how Christ told them to go about it in Matthew 5:16.

Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jun 26, 2020
budaatum:

You are merely attempting to use anecdotal evidence to prove the existence of God, and atheists are more than wise to gobble that up.

Fact is, it is not for anyone to prove God exists, and any attempt to do so would make one commit the sin of image creation so God can be seen to exist by the atheists. Unfortunately, it would seem some don't mind sinning against the God they say exists.

When God wishes to prove God's existence, God knows well what and how to go about it. And if any reader of the bible wishes to take on that responsibility, they should perhaps see how Christ told them to go about it in Matthew 5:16.
The bolded is exactly what i narrated in my comment about fulfilled promises. smiley

I was a Muslim when i saw the light far of in the midst of JWs! smiley
Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by budaatum: 7:39pm On Jun 26, 2020
Maximus69:

The bolded is exactly what i narrated in my comment about fulfilled promises. smiley

I was a Muslim when i saw the light far of in the midst of JWs! smiley
Some would say there is light in Islam and you were just blind. Some would even say you still haven't seen the light or you'd not be a JW.

Fact is, no one can show anyone the light unless one opens one's own eyes to see the light, so why would anyone go about telling blind people to "see God" that they can not possibly see unless they first become as little children and allow Christ to opens their eyes?
Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 26, 2020
budaatum:

Some would say there is light in Islam and you were just blind. Some would even say you still haven't seen the light or you'd not be a JW.

Fact is, no one can show anyone the light unless one opens one's own eyes to see the light, so why would anyone go about telling blind people to "see God" that they can not possibly see unless they first become as little children and allow Christ to opens their eyes?
@bolded!

Let them prove they're the light by making PEACE reign amongst themselves nah! cheesy
Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by budaatum: 8:18pm On Jun 26, 2020
Maximus69:

@bolded!

Let them prove they're the light by making PEACE reign amongst themselves nah! cheesy
"Making PEACE reign amongst themselves", is not God's light, Max.

I'm currently dealing with one who thinks he's in the light while promoting enmity and division, but one does not judge a religion by the ignorant bad fruits of a few of its adherents since many yell "Lord Lord" but gnash their teeth because they have not read the book or do not understand what they read.

Below are verses from the Quran that teach precisely what [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%205%3A43-48&version=NIV]Matthew 5:43-48[/url] teaches.

“And good and evil deeds are not alike. Repel evil with good. And he who is your enemy will become your dearest friend.” Surah 41:34

. . . Do not say to one who offers you peace, “You are not a believer,” seeking the spoils of this life. For God has abundant treasure. You used to be like them, after all, and then God blessed you. Surah 4:94

God's light is when we make peace with our enemies, and those who think God is enmity and division are in the dark.

Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 26, 2020
budaatum:

"Making PEACE reign amongst themselves", is not God's light, Max.

I'm currently dealing with one who thinks he's in the light while promoting enmity and division, but one does not judge a religion by the ignorant bad fruits of a few of its adherents since many yell "Lord Lord" but gnash their teeth because they have not read the book or do not understand what they read.

Below are verses from the Quran that teach precisely what [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%205%3A43-48&version=NIV]Matthew 5:43-48[/url] teaches.

“And good and evil deeds are not alike. Repel evil with good. And he who is your enemy will become your dearest friend.” Surah 41:34

. . . Do not say to one who offers you peace, “You are not a believer,” seeking the spoils of this life. For God has abundant treasure. You used to be like them, after all, and then God blessed you. Surah 4:94

God's light is when we make peace with our enemies, and those who think God is enmity and division are in the dark.

I don't understand what you mean by the underlined but i can remember a Nazarene who was called the Prince of Peace {Isaiah 9:6} but said "i came to cause DIVISION" Matthew 10:34-39 smiley
Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by budaatum: 8:51pm On Jun 26, 2020
Maximus69:

I don't understand what you mean by the underlined but i can remember a Nazarene who was called the Prince of Peace {Isaiah 9:6} but said "i came to cause DIVISION" Matthew 10:34-39 smiley
If you followed the link that you removed, you might understand.

That Nazarene was pretty big on people first removing forests from their own eyes, if you remember.

Christ causing division refers to the division in one's own mind as we attempt to resolve the reflections we saw as in a mirror with what we now might fully comprehend.

You too would have experienced this division as you converted from Islam to JW.

C.f Corinthians 13, and Paul seeing the light.
Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 26, 2020
budaatum:

If you followed the link that you removed, you might understand.

That Nazarene was pretty big on people first removing forests from their own eyes, if you remember.

Christ causing division refers to the division in one's own mind as we attempt to resolve the reflections we saw as in a mirror with what we now might fully comprehend.

You too would have experienced this division as you converted from Islam to JW.

C.f Corinthians 13, and Paul seeing the light.

Fully understood Ma! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by budaatum: 8:57pm On Jun 26, 2020
Maximus69:

You humble me, as in, you make me feel humble.
Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 26, 2020
budaatum:

Jesus' teachings causes division amongst people but at the same time those who accept his teachings have peace amongst themselves, that's the practical application of what i quoted.
So it's only JWs that i know whose teachings causes division as you've rightly said, but amongst those who adhere to the teaching there is Peace! smiley
Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by budaatum: 10:24pm On Jun 26, 2020
Maximus69:

Jesus' teachings causes division amongst people but at the same time those who accept his teachings have peace amongst themselves, that's the practical application of what i quoted.
So it's only JWs that i know whose teachings causes division as you've rightly said, but amongst those who adhere to the teaching there is Peace! smiley
I think "Jesus teachings" causes divisions amongst people who are not following "Jesus' teachings". Even if people disagree with each other, they can still break bread together, as you and I are doing despite the differences between us.

I placed Jesus teachings in "" because such teachings are taught by others too. In fact, finding them in Islam, Buddhism, and many other teachings is what makes me refer to the Bible and the Quran so much.

Below are older than Jesus sources for the same teaching.

"Do not return evil to your adversary; Requite with kindness the one who does evil to you, Maintain justice for your enemy."
The Akkadian "Counsels of Wisdom", circa 2000 BC.

"In this world hate never yet dispelled hate. Only love dispels hate. This is the law, ancient and inexhaustible."
Buddhist "Dhammapada, circa 500 BC.

"Return love for hatred. Otherwise, when a great hatred is reconciled, some of it will surely remain. How can this end in goodness? "
Taoist "T'ai Shang Kan Ying P'ien", circa 200 BC.

As Christ said, "those who live on bread alone will become malnourished".
Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by Nobody: 5:59am On Jun 27, 2020
budaatum:

I think "Jesus teachings" causes divisions amongst people who are not following "Jesus' teachings". Even if people disagree with each other, they can still break bread together, as you and I are doing despite the differences between us.

I placed Jesus teachings in "" because such teachings are taught by others too. In fact, finding them in Islam, Buddhism, and many other teachings is what makes me refer to the Bible and the Quran so much.

"Do not return evil to your adversary; Requite with kindness the one who does evil to you, Maintain justice for your enemy."

"In this world hate never yet dispelled hate. Only love dispels hate. This is the law, ancient and inexhaustible."

"Return love for hatred. Otherwise, when a great hatred is reconciled, some of it will surely remain. How can this end in goodness? "

That's where the problem lies!

True Christians don't welcome all wind of teaching, we focus on only one source and that's the teaching of Jesus.

According to the Bible, Satan (a powerful unnoticed spirit being) is behind all other forms of worship, so for us not to be indoctrinated by Satanic fabrications we mustn't welcome all wind of teaching.

That's what John 3:16 means! smiley

1 Like

Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by budaatum: 11:02am On Jun 27, 2020
Maximus69:

That's where the problem lies!

True Christians don't welcome all wind of teaching, we focus on only one source and that's the teaching of Jesus.

According to the Bible, Satan (a powerful unnoticed spirit being) is behind all other forms of worship, so for us not to be indoctrinated by Satanic fabrications we mustn't welcome all wind of teaching.

That's what John 3:16 means! smiley
I hope you realise you are saying that even if a teaching is the same as what Jesus taught, if Jesus is not the source, it is satanic.

Jesus introduced "all wind of teachings" like "turn the other cheek" and "love your enemies". It is what he meant when he said "one must not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from God's mouth". The pity is, some think only the words in the Bible proceeded from God's mouth, but of course its because they are ignorant of God talking to others and think God only spoke to those who gave them a report.

Thankfully, Jesus is opening peoples eyes to other sources. It can only increase our knowledge as learning in Egypt increased his.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 27, 2020
@John 14:6 smiley
budaatum:

I hope you realise you are saying that even if a teaching is the same as what Jesus taught, if Jesus is not the source, it is satanic.

Jesus introduced "all wind of teachings" like "turn the other cheek" and "love your enemies". It is what he meant when he said "one must not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from God's mouth". The pity is, some think only the words in the Bible proceeded from God's mouth, but of course its because they are ignorant of God talking to others and think God only spoke to those who gave them a report.

Thankfully, Jesus is opening peoples eyes to other sources. It can only increase our knowledge as learning in Egypt increased his.

1 Like

Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by MuttleyLaff: 2:41pm On Jun 27, 2020
Maximus69:

budaatum:

Maximus69:
Jesus' teachings causes division amongst people but at the same time those who accept His teachings have peace amongst themselves, that's the practical application of what i quoted.

budaatum:
Gbam!

budaatum:
I placed Jesus teachings in because such teachings are taught by others too. In fact, finding them in Islam, Buddhism, and many other teachings is what makes me refer to the Bible and the Quran so much.

If I were Jesus then, I too wouldn't want to reinvent the wheel. I'll be innovative, improve what's on ground with something of an added value factor introduced, produce something fresh, something unseen or unheard of before, something totally new et cetera, or if not any of those, then, to just make do with what's already in use

budaatum:
"Jesus answered,
"It is written: 'Man shall not live on bread alone,
but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.
'"
"
- Matthew 4:4

Matthew 4:4 is the full representation of anything regarding said about "not eating bread alone"
Re: You Atheists, Are Wrong! by budaatum: 2:58pm On Jun 27, 2020
Maximus69:
@John 14:6 smiley
Remembers "Jesus teachings"? I'm certain he would not condemn Buddha for having taught what he taught.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mysterious Statue Worshiped In New York / Age Of Aquarius "Science Meets Religion" / Bible Verse That Called God A Drunkard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.