Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,430 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

A Female Corper Crushed By A Train In Lagos (Graphic Photos) - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A Female Corper Crushed By A Train In Lagos (Graphic Photos) (100557 Views)

NYSC: Man O War And A Female Corper While Drilling / Female Corper Nicknamed "Aunty Ass" Flogs Student Who Asked Her Out (Photos) / Tall Male Corper & A Short Female Corper: "When Goliath Finally Meets David" (2) (3) (4)

Re: A Female Corper Crushed By A Train In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Timoleon(m): 2:44pm On Mar 09, 2018
Umartins1:
The vibration that accompanies the approach of a train is enough alert to be aware of its closeness. How do these still happen?

I will like to imagine you know about the movement of trains in Lagos. Personally I believe the story is a lie. The vibrations from a train will definitely alert u because the earth feels like its quaking even from afar off. secondly, the movement of people around the track would usually b different. you would have obviously seen people running from the track to alert u that a train is coming. thirdly, the train horn is not whistle. it is really loud, and usually the sound gets to the train junctions where people are likely to cross even minutes before the train is viable. so you always know. Lastly, if a train did climb over her leg, I definitely has cut the leg in two. not this kind of injury. There must be a different story to this.

Re: A Female Corper Crushed By A Train In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by airminem(f): 2:44pm On Mar 09, 2018
She was making a call with her boyfriend that was about breaking up with her#sadtruth.
Re: A Female Corper Crushed By A Train In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by chuggy(m): 2:45pm On Mar 09, 2018
Ikeja-Along is a danger zone I started passing around 2003...Traders sell their goods on that rail line, people going to different places like Oshodi or Iyana Ipaja follow there too. When we hear the horn of an oncoming Train, we all run. She was very unfortunate.
RIP to her
Ear piece Kills
I don't use it
Please get a Bluetooth speaker or something safer
My 2 cents
Re: A Female Corper Crushed By A Train In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Fxwarrior: 2:45pm On Mar 09, 2018
lipsrsealed This is too graphic.
Re: A Female Corper Crushed By A Train In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Tenniebae(f): 2:49pm On Mar 09, 2018
I still find it difficult to believe people die D's way....cuz,d trains horn is so loud..how high cn d volume of ur phone be n u won't hear... the ground even vibrates wen d train is coming sef....rip to her,if its really true

Re: A Female Corper Crushed By A Train In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Timoleon(m): 2:52pm On Mar 09, 2018
Zionista:
If you've passed through that railway crossing at Ikeja, you'll notice that there is zero safety procedures put in place to control the hazard of being knocked down or crushed by a train. There is no sign, public address system, warden etc to regulate human traffic around that axis considering the massive human activities across the railway line.

The Railway Corporation is a very archaic institution that hasn't braced up to the modern realities of train management.

So sad that we lose lives senselessly in this country.

Your points are duly noted sir...pardon me for the questions I want to ask. From your post, I imagine you are conversant with the operation of trains at that ikeja. Has there ever been a time you were close to the tracks and a train was to pass through and you the hear the horns of the train even before visibly seeing the train? has there ever been a time you didn't feel the earth vibrate before visibly seeing the trains. Has there ever been a time that the movement of people around the tracks don't show you that the train is drawing near? I imagine at some point you would have waited to allow the train pass. From what you can tell about the blades if the train that connects to the tracks, if it were to move over a persons legs, would it look like the victim in this story or totally shredded?
Re: A Female Corper Crushed By A Train In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by chuggy(m): 2:54pm On Mar 09, 2018
zzbrodah:

I really don't believe a man pulled her back.
A sane human being will ensure he pull her the more just to save her from the imminent danger.

How possible is it to have allowed her even if she snubbed the man.
Ikeja-Along is a danger zone I started passing around 2003...Traders sell their goods on that rail line, people going to different places like Oshodi or Iyana Ipaja follow there too. When we hear the horn of an oncoming Train, we all run. She was very unfortunate.
RIP to her
Ear piece Kills
I don't use it
Please get a Bluetooth speaker or something safer
My 2 cents
Re: A Female Corper Crushed By A Train In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Timoleon(m): 2:58pm On Mar 09, 2018
Shaev7:
can someone really say earphones will stop someone from hearing the horn of a train? Seriously I doubt! But am not saying we should have earphones on while walking in public. I have lived near train station before, in fact, behind my house is the station, at night towards 2am when one train was about to take off, I and my friend on deep sleep jumped up from like even scream at once when we heard the horn that night. Also during the day time trains usually horn when highlighting public places for all to give way. Well let me say that the external factors would not let her hear. RIP pretty girl.

I wonder how people believe all these fake stories. ear piece stop a person from knowing that a train is coming. A train that you can hear from the streets back. The vibration is like earth quake.

Re: A Female Corper Crushed By A Train In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Timoleon(m): 3:00pm On Mar 09, 2018
Njeps:

Baaaaaba.
You know girls like using more expensive earpiece than guys. True or False?
It seems you havent use this earpiece that sounds like the cloud above you has woofers.
Even the vibe from it wont make you realize the train's vibration.

Baaba bone. if u have heard a train's horns, you will know that the story doesn't add up.
Re: A Female Corper Crushed By A Train In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by teepain: 3:01pm On Mar 09, 2018
dairykidd:
Chai this fine girl just waste like that... If u must use ear piece or head phones on the road unplug one ear & keep the volume minimal u will still enjoy the gbedu & be safe.. Rip to the dead cry

But why would anybody need or want to enjoy 'gbedu' on a busy road?
Re: A Female Corper Crushed By A Train In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Timoleon(m): 3:04pm On Mar 09, 2018
AntiBrutus:

There is more to this story. A railway track is kilometres away from my house...chronique, you done hear that thing horn before? It's fcking loud!! Earpiece can muffle the sound of a car horn, but train? Let's not talk about the vibration.

The girl must have been very absent minded, maybe depressed sef. That's why when I am driving, I am very watchful of people walking by the road. Some are not in their body again, their mind is somewhere else. RIP to her.

I think people are really ignorant of a what a train's horn sound like. The average tipper truck would pierce through your ear phones with its horn let alone a train that you can hear from up to 3 streets back.
Re: A Female Corper Crushed By A Train In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 09, 2018
Lol, serves her right.

Ears phones and running from people trying to help you.
Nice pics also, why didn't she take selfie, lol she injured grin cheesy
Re: A Female Corper Crushed By A Train In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Timoleon(m): 3:15pm On Mar 09, 2018
chronique:

I know the sound too well. Fvcking loud but trust me, if your music is loud in your earpiece and you're listening to olamide's "WO" with all those noisy kicks and snares,you might not hear a damn thing. I know that people could be absent minded. I almost knocked a man down at the turning at Ikeja under bridge near ayinke house,one day. You know how drivers are always in a hurry to beat that traffic light so as to avoid being held down for long. As I made a sharp turn with speed,this man was just strolling casually on the road like he was tired of life and I missed him by just a few inches. It is well sha. May God not let us or any of our loved ones be victims of such in Jesus name.

Please pardon my intrusion into your mention. At your leisure, type the question 'how loud is the horn from a train' into google.
Re: A Female Corper Crushed By A Train In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by chronique(m): 3:19pm On Mar 09, 2018
Timoleon:

Please pardon my intrusion into your mention. At your leisure, type the question 'how loud is the horn from a train' into google.

For several years,I had the opportunity of hearing the sound of a train's horn from morning till evening at about 6pm,every blessed day. I don't need to Google how loud is the sound of a train's horn.
Re: A Female Corper Crushed By A Train In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by ziga: 3:20pm On Mar 09, 2018
To the photographer.

I pray somebody also takes your picture in your moment of pain and suffering.

Ami.
Re: A Female Corper Crushed By A Train In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Timoleon(m): 3:21pm On Mar 09, 2018
chronique:

For several years,I had the opportunity of hearing the sound of a train's horn from morning till evening at about 6pm,every blessed day. I don't need to Google how loud is the sound of a train's horn.

It is not a completion on who is right or not. To each his own.
Re: A Female Corper Crushed By A Train In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Lightening: 3:30pm On Mar 09, 2018
Tmoore92:
A female corps member yet to be identified was cruised by a train at ikeja few hours ago on her way home from clearance

She wanted to cross to the other side where they board oshodi bus, she was using earphones so she did not hear the horn fron the train,
it seems the earphone was so loud people there said a man pulled her back but she told the man to leave her alone, she did not know why the man was calling her for, she was rush to the hospital by a jeep own by the NURTW chairman.

But saidly we lost her this evening. May her soul rest in peace.

I feel this strong tingle of irritation whenever I see someone either driving or walking on the road with the two ears tightly stuffed with earphones. I keep wondering if they have an alternative plan of how to stay safe from the plenty dangers lurking on our roads aside hearing. It is extreme foolishness. RIP sister.
Re: A Female Corper Crushed By A Train In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 09, 2018
harmbhrosz:
keep quiet joor, most of you don't just think before typing,

If he had forcefully pulled her, the same girl would have gone to tweeter to cry of how she was assaulted and almost raped by a guy, and someone like you would have come here to say why didn't he just tap her, why did he have to drag her.

People like you are always angry at everything and always quick to push blames.

#spits

Blessings fall on you.
People talking without brains, they guy tried, if he did anymore the lady may shout thief kidnapper, ritualist , and we all know Lagos, tire and fuel is always available.
Re: A Female Corper Crushed By A Train In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 09, 2018
emynicedgreat:
God have mercy .
please God grant her quick recovery
read the post well she's dead what did you want to recover? angry
Re: A Female Corper Crushed By A Train In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 09, 2018
donsimo:

Blessings fall on you.
People talking without brains, they guy tried, if he did anymore the lady may shout thief kidnapper, ritualist , and we all know Lagos, tire and fuel is always available.
this una comment weak me oooo
Re: A Female Corper Crushed By A Train In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Shaev7(m): 4:07pm On Mar 09, 2018
Njeps:

Baaaaaba.
You know girls like using more expensive earpiece than guys. True or False?
It seems you havent use this earpiece that sounds like the cloud above you has woofers.
Even the vibe from it wont make you realize the train's vibration.
Man. It's sad anyways. Am just thinking deep. Train is hell too loud especially our locomotive one. Though I have used such earpiece before quite terrible. Even myself talking I can't hear. All the same the news seem contradictive. Maybe its Beats by Dre lol

Re: A Female Corper Crushed By A Train In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Shaev7(m): 4:08pm On Mar 09, 2018
Timoleon:

I wonder how people believe all these fake stories. ear piece stop a person from knowing that a train is coming. A train that you can hear from the streets back. The vibration is like earth quake.
seriously speaking. The vibration is much. When the train is coming, in my flat I feel the vibration so close, at least that will draw my attention to something.
Re: A Female Corper Crushed By A Train In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 09, 2018
teepain:

But why would anybody need or want to enjoy 'gbedu' on a busy road?
My brother...
Re: A Female Corper Crushed By A Train In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by 2shur: 4:11pm On Mar 09, 2018
i never use earpiece.
if i do
den it means im walking against traffic
in naija
something must kill u.

akg earpeice for sale
follow come from note 8
8k only
Re: A Female Corper Crushed By A Train In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by STORM2(f): 4:17pm On Mar 09, 2018
How are we sure that girl wasn't even pushed by the man claiming he wanted to help? Cos I wonder that type of help that you'll give somebody that she won't listen when a train is involved.
For everyone here saying she died out of stupidity...I pray you never find out first hand how freak accidents like this can happen to ANYONE. God rest her soul. Her death was horrible. I pray her soul at least knows eternal joy.
Re: A Female Corper Crushed By A Train In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Dynamiq(m): 4:18pm On Mar 09, 2018
So painful. May her soul rest in peace.

People should please learn a lesson from this and pass it on to others.

As for me:

(1) when I am driving, I don't put on any earphone or put on the car radio or sound system - if I would use the sound system, it has to be tuned very low, not above the sound of the environment around me. This has helped me to avoid trouble on so many occasions; e.g., people on the road calling me to draw my attention to something important such as a danger or an impending mistake. Sometime in 2012, somewhere near Shagamu, what prevented me from running into an ambush by armed robbers was when I heard some women calling to me not to drive further, that a robbery was taking place some distance ahead. I had to reverse and park to stay somewhere safe until the danger was out of the way. If I was using earpiece on that day, with my eye focused on the road, I would definitely not have heard them calling to me. At other times, due to not using earpiece or sound system I have been able to detect something else that I need to check urgently, e.g. a change in the sound of the car which may indicate engine problem etc

(2) The use of earphone while walking outside, even on my relatively quiet street or even in front of my house, is a BIG NO NO, and it has been so, even since I was even young.

(3) Even if I am a passenger in a car; if I must use an earphone, I make sure my eyes are wide open and I am very alert at the facial expressions and body language of the people around me or the person around me. I do my best to ensure that someone is physically near enough to me as to be able to touch or tap me to draw my attention if need be.

Even if it is only one person that learns from my practice, it's a pleasure.

Re: A Female Corper Crushed By A Train In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by olamil34(m): 4:19pm On Mar 09, 2018
tivta:
jesus christ.
i never put the volume of my earphones at maximum when i am outside the house.

I don't even use it when am out.

I only use it when am at home on my bed, when the volume is at a reasonable rate.

Re: A Female Corper Crushed By A Train In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 09, 2018
Blessedhandsome:
this una comment weak me oooo

Do you know how hard it is to save soemonw who doesn't want to be saved, or doesn't know she/he is in danger.
A good examples is trying to save a drowning person.
Believe me if your not careful, both of you may drown.

The girls obviously didn't value her life or is it the job of any man to to protect her from herself.

I can only help someone who understand the value of what am doing for them another people can take care of themselves or die as they please.
Re: A Female Corper Crushed By A Train In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by harbarzzy(m): 4:21pm On Mar 09, 2018
Aden777:
RIP
D man wey pull her back na wicked person... If na him sister shey him no go draw her with all him force/pull d headphone/point to the danger...
Wicked soul - wetin go dey him mind be say "shebi she think say na another thing I dey call her attention to, no wahala"...

B4 u quote/coat/suit me, just imagine say d babe na ur sister... And u r d man... What would u have done?

Se anjuma
oga , don't say what you don't know.. The lady was so close...He was even the one that drag her out from the train..She for die instantly.. I witnessed it yesterday afternoon at Ikeja alonge

Re: A Female Corper Crushed By A Train In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 09, 2018
STORM2:
How are we sure that girl wasn't even pushed by the man claiming he wanted to help? Cos I wonder that type of help that you'll give somebody that she won't listen when a train is involved.
For everyone here saying she died out of stupidity...I pray you never find out first hand how freak accidents like this can happen to ANYONE. God rest her soul. Her death was horrible. I pray her soul at least knows eternal joy.

See what I am saying, here is a woman saying that the man probably pushed the girl, were, if she was at the scene the man who help would be on fire now.

See why you shouldn't help.
Re: A Female Corper Crushed By A Train In Lagos (Graphic Photos) by nolanpatt33: 4:36pm On Mar 09, 2018
greatnaija01:
the TWO of you above you didnt read that she is already DEAD abi?

pls this pics are too GORY.... God save us all. I WILL NEVER USE EAR PIECE AGAIN ON THE ROAD

Bros no b only u oh..from today I don stop

Female Corper Shows Cleavage & Underwear While Wearing NYSC Uniform / Guys, Don't Ever Date A Lady Going For NYSC. See Why. / Sex In NYSC Camps: How True? As A Corps Member Please Share?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59