Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,234 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (795253 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 1:37am On May 05, 2018
hilaryxoxo:
You’ve answered yourself.
They told you to submit 4 months and you submitted 3 months. Later you will be saying “miracle” “miracle”

They gave you a clear instruction and you didn’t follow. I don’t know what you want us to say :|

Though he submitted 3 months soa instead of 4-6months but that is not an issue, as long as the soa is genuine, has enough fund and it is for the last three months. If cic isn't ok with the 3 month soa they will request for more.
NB: Though it is good to stick to cic requirement during application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by swisster: 3:51am On May 05, 2018
good day guys . i finally get my gcm note. and this was their reasons.

Note 1. considering the economic conditions and employment prospects in the applicant home country,a nd taking into account factor purpose of travel, academic travel history,economic establishment and home ties, i am not satisfied that the applicant will respect the terms and condition of as a student in Canada.

plz gurus in the house help me out i need your advice on how to tackle this

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vivicintia(f): 4:06am On May 05, 2018
harde116:
I think he should apply alone, you can join him later. Especially for the fact that you are using two sponsors, If it was self sponsored, then better. Two sponsors is safe for one person.The question is "why exactly are you going with him now?" and which sponsor will sponsor two people when it's only one person that has to go to school.

Point is, you may even stand as a tie back home for your husband. With you applying at the same time, feels like you both may want to take off.LOL

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Famzyactivity: 4:17am On May 05, 2018
swisster:

Note 1. considering the economic conditions and employment prospects in the applicant home country,a nd taking into account factor purpose of travel, academic travel history,economic establishment and home ties, i am not satisfied that the applicant will respect the terms and condition of as a student in Canada.

How long did it take for the note to be sent to you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 4:47am On May 05, 2018
Kindly share your profile; your backgrounds, work history, etc.
swisster:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by swisster: 4:53am On May 05, 2018
Famzyactivity:

How long did it take for the note to be sent to you?

28 days
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by swisster: 5:02am On May 05, 2018
Phocusjosh:
Kindly share your profile; your backgrounds, work history, etc.

document submitted.

- *3 CIC APPLICATION FORMS*

*Education*

-Admission Letter.
-Letter of academic completion 4rm HOD. couldn't get my statement due to strike.
-WAEC RESULT

*FINANCIAL SUPPORT*
-DAD'S SOA of up to 30m.
-My SOA of up to 6.7m.
-Dad's playslip of 22m annually.

*HOME TIES*

+Letter from my company of work.
+birth certificate of my siblings.
+Birth certificate of my Dad
+landed properties of my dad.

*TRAVEL HISTORY*

+Photocopy page of my travel to Ghana,Benin and Togo�.

*EXPERIENCE*

+Computer Certificate.
+Invertor Certificate(Engineering Design program)

+Industrial Training Certificate.

*OTHERS*

+Affidavit of Sponsorship
+Affidavit of Relationship
+Letter of sponsorship
- letter of introduction from my dads company
-Up front medicals
-Police Certificate
-part pay of Tuition fee
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 5:14am On May 05, 2018
What did you study in your undergraduate and what do you intend to study at Georgian College?
swisster:

document submitted.

- *3 CIC APPLICATION FORMS*

*Education*

-Admission Letter.
-Letter of academic completion 4rm HOD. couldn't get my statement due to strike.
-WAEC RESULT

*FINANCIAL SUPPORT*
-DAD'S SOA of up to 30m.
-My SOA of up to 6.7m.
-Dad's playslip of 22m annually.

*HOME TIES*

+Letter from my company of work.
+birth certificate of my siblings.
+Birth certificate of my Dad
+landed properties of my dad.

*TRAVEL HISTORY*

+Photocopy page of my travel to Ghana,Benin and Togo�.

*EXPERIENCE*

+Computer Certificate.
+Invertor Certificate(Engineering Design program)

+Industrial Training Certificate.

*OTHERS*

+Affidavit of Sponsorship
+Affidavit of Relationship
+Letter of sponsorship
- letter of introduction from my dads company
-Up front medicals
-Police Certificate
-part pay of Tuition fee

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by swisster: 5:26am On May 05, 2018
Phocusjosh:
What did you study in your undergraduate and what do you intend to study at Georgian College?

i studied mechanical engineering.

and am going for mechanical technician precision skills.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by swisster: 5:27am On May 05, 2018
swisster:

i studied mechanical engineering.

and am going for mechanical technician precision skills.

i also work wit a Auto clinic, i do car diagnosis
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 5:41am On May 05, 2018
The area I think you can improve on your application is your SOP. You will need to prove to the VO that your course has significant employment prospects in Nigeria, you will have to use this to prove your economic ties to Nigeria. What is the economic opportunity you are trying to create and harness? Please be as specific as possible. Do some research into various aspects of auto mechanics in Nigeria and specify how exactly your Canada education would enable you to come back to Nigeria and revolutionalize your sector of interest. Also, why go to study this course in Canada when you can go study it in Nigeria? The VO might not know the value of studying mechanical technician precision skills in Canada. Educate him/her. What is the benefit of studying the course in Canada? Lastly, Why PGD and not MSc?

My 2cents

swisster:

i also work wit a Auto clinic, i do car diagnosis

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by thompson1510(m): 5:50am On May 05, 2018
MeinKampf:

Yes I am going to Concordia by fall, awaiting my CAQ

Same here, I just applied last week sha.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by uyplus(m): 6:15am On May 05, 2018
Pls what exchange rate do you think the VO uses to estimate available funds? 235 (CBN rate) or 290 (black market rate)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by swisster: 6:55am On May 05, 2018
Phocusjosh:
The area I think you can improve on your application is your SOP. You will need to prove to the VO that your course has significant employment prospects in Nigeria, you will have to use this to prove your economic ties to Nigeria. What is the economic opportunity you are trying to create and harness? Please be as specific as possible. Do some research into various aspects of auto mechanics in Nigeria and specify how exactly your Canada education would enable you to come back to Nigeria and revolutionalize your sector of interest. Also, why go to study this course in Canada when you can go study it in Nigeria? The VO might not know the value of studying mechanical technician precision skills in Canada. Educate him/her. What is the benefit of studying the course in Canada? Lastly, Why PGD and not MSc?

My 2cents

Thank you sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by litterbug(f): 6:58am On May 05, 2018
litterbug:
Hello everyone,
I am new here. Applying for a student visa and will be accompanied by my two daughters 5 and 9. My husband is my sponsor and hometie.
Tuition per year is 5000CAD and books 1,300CAD making 6,300CAD. Living expenses I understand is 10,000CAD for one person. Pls house
1. How much does my sponsor declare for the 3 of us.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ggetter50: 7:03am On May 05, 2018
Please, for those who have successfully used online route for their application, is it possible or there is any chance to resume back to your application if you can’t complete it in one attempt?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Twallace: 7:16am On May 05, 2018
Ggetter50:
Please, for those who have successfully used online route for their application, is it possible or there is any chance to resume back to your application if you can’t complete it in one attempt?

Thanks.

Yes, you can resume your application any time you want. You don't have to complete it at once

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ggetter50: 7:26am On May 05, 2018
Twallace:

Yes, you can resume your application any time you want. You don't have to complete it at once
Thank you, brother

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 8:56am On May 05, 2018
uyplus:
Pls what exchange rate do you think the VO uses to estimate available funds? 235 (CBN rate) or 290 (black market rate)
To be on a safer side use black market
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vivicintia(f): 8:58am On May 05, 2018
Please assist with an urgent response!

Can I use an approved prodigy loan and a sponsor for visa application?

The loan will not cover all funds so I want to use the prodigy loan+ a sponsor..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 8:58am On May 05, 2018
[quote author=litterbug post=67293830][/quote] www.cic.gc.ca will give you the details or read previous pages to get your answer as this has been answered(can't remember the exact page).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by xzile: 9:17am On May 05, 2018
Please can someone give directions from CMS to VAC lagos and[b] challenges like to be experienced[/b] there during submission I would want to go next week to submit my app. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Brendamad: 9:19am On May 05, 2018
Hello house. Please any university of Manitoba applicant. Just got admission with a scholarship of 5400CAD. Looking to connect with someone.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MeinKampf: 9:41am On May 05, 2018
thompson1510:

Same here, I just applied last week sha.
I'm yet to get the CAQ. I'm confused as to whether I should send the documents again. Someone posted it for me in Canada since early April
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 9:41am On May 05, 2018
vivicintia:
Please assist with an urgent response!

Can I use an approved prodigy loan and a sponsor for visa application?

The loan will not cover all funds so I want to use the prodigy loan+ a sponsor..

I won’t recommend loan. Stay only sponsorship if you can. But if you must go loan also, do your best to show VO that you have strong ties to induce your return and that your prospects back home are so lucrative. Never seen a loan succeed with the Canadians. Maybe you can be the first! It is a tall order, good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 9:47am On May 05, 2018
vivicintia:

Thanks

You have to fire back and tell them why the economic condition in Nigeria won’t make you violate your student status. Show evidence in landed property and economic opportunity in Nigeria that makes it absolutely beleivable that you will return. Concentrate on your course of studies, show the VO how the sector of industry you are interested in is one of the most lucrative in Nigeria or the doors a foreign education will open to you once you return makes it likely that you will comply to your student visa condition of return back to Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 10:05am On May 05, 2018
Lotusboi:
Your career seems to be inconsistent, (sorry to say)
From Microbiology to Early Childhood Education to International business Manangement, all within the space of 4 years.
You’ll have a lot of explaining to do in your LOE/SOP (what ever name you want to call it)
Why you don’t want to have an elementary knowledge of business management in your home country considering the cost of going to Canada?
Why the sudden change in career path 3 times?
Inability to complete your masters program in the US and absconded?
You have to do some serious thinking to answer all probable questions that one would want to inquire from you as a Visa Office.
Good luck �

Wow! This is great. Lotusboi Well-done!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by drhammed: 10:14am On May 05, 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 10:24am On May 05, 2018
Congrats boss. I'm going to U of M for fall. Msc. Agribusiness and Agricultural Economics. How about you?
Brendamad:
Hello house. Please any university of Manitoba applicant. Just got admission with a scholarship of 5400CAD. Looking to connect with someone.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Daacorpaapi: 10:28am On May 05, 2018
Oh actually I have a brother over there, he made the deposit and the draft. [quote author=edosunday1 post=67285591][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:27am On May 05, 2018
drhammed:

Where is the question?
If you have lived outside your home country for period of 6 months and above. You're expected to specify them and select YES. If you haven't the answer is NO. The question is simply asking for your Travel history.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:29am On May 05, 2018
Daacorpaapi:
Hello e-family
Applied for my SP 7th of dec and it was refused 29th Jan due to insufficient funds after ordering my gcms, I saw the reason as lump sum deposit.
So am preparing another application and I made the following changes

Paid sch fees for One year PGD/17k as my first application I paid 7k .
All cic forms
Letter of introduction from my workplace.
10k bank draft deposited at Royal Bank of Canada,for accommodation and upkeep.(bank also issued letter)
Sponsor statements and affidavit of support
2nd sponsor docs and statements (bro who got PR)
Landed docs
Upfront medicals
/police report.
LoE
SOP
School docs
New LOA for fall semetser

I believe it's God that gives visa,
Am re-applying online so please wise men what am I leaving behind... Edakun oga @frank, jnyuwa and others
Your profile is very strong to land you a TRV Approval! Make sure your SOP and LOE is convincing to an extent.

All the best!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (517)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.