Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (795125 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by drhammed: 11:37am On May 05, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Where is the question?
If you have lived outside your home country for period of 6 months and above. You're expected to specify them and select YES. If you haven't the answer is NO. The question is simply asking for your Travel history.

Thanks bro, God bless you.

I was confused initially, but got it back almost immediately , that was why I deleted the post.

More blessings bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 05, 2018
Thank you sir!

Frankrobbn1:

Wow! This is great. Lotusboi Well-done!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by xzile: 2:30pm On May 05, 2018
Good day house, please someone should give directions to visa office lagos.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ayoslas88: 2:38pm On May 05, 2018
From any where in Lagos, enta bus going to Ajah drop at Ikate bustop, cross to the odaside and ask for VFS office.

I wil advice u to go early (8am)

Best of luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Newman1010: 2:38pm On May 05, 2018
xzile:
Good day house, please someone should give directions to visa office lagos.

Find your way to CMS. Get into a bus heading to lekki- Ajah. Your bus stop is Ikate ( the third roundabout). Cross over to the other side and walk into the estate. The building is on the left after the first turn on the left.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by charlyduru: 2:54pm On May 05, 2018
Good guys , please when one wants to show home ties with fathers comPany do I need to just attach the shares page showing am a share holder or the entire articles and memorandum of association
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Maxihyfr: 2:56pm On May 05, 2018
Good day all.. I'm happy to be here..
I recently gained admission into a Canadian university.. I didn't use and agent for it.. So now i don't know anything about visa application.. I'm i supposed to use an agen for visa application..?! Or can i apply for visa by myself.. If i can apply by myself i would please nred the necessary procedures required applying.. Thanks..

And pls wats TRV i keep seein in dis thread?

I dey wait una reply abeg ooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by charlyduru: 2:58pm On May 05, 2018
swisster:

i also work wit a Auto clinic, i do car diagnosis

Bruv am very interested in auto diagnosis , let’s talk check your pm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ilerioluwa123: 3:04pm On May 05, 2018
I got a medical request before submitting d medicals
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ilerioluwa123: 3:12pm On May 05, 2018
since 5 of April after medicals no news hope am safe
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ilerioluwa123: 3:14pm On May 05, 2018
or is it d mail from vfs for collection I would see next or they would still send a dispatch mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Martswoll: 3:31pm On May 05, 2018
Ilerioluwa123:
since 5 of April after medicals no news hope am safe

Bro you have it good at least , applied since 1st March , no medical request up to today, it’s the 10th week !!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by AKFTK: 3:45pm On May 05, 2018
ayoslas88:
From any where in Lagos, enta bus going to Ajah drop at Ikate bustop, cross to the odaside and ask for VFS office.

I wil advice u to go early (8am)

Best of luck

8am is too late bro, on Friday, I was there as early as 6:30am, and still couldn't submit. Some people got there as early as 4am.

And already, there's a list of people they will attend to first in Monday. The ones they couldn't attend to on Friday, they wrote their names in a register and they will be following that register on Monday.

I will advice anybody that wants to submit and he's in Lagos or it environs to use the online route.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 3:58pm On May 05, 2018
Maxihyfr:
Good day all.. I'm happy to be here..
I recently gained admission into a Canadian university.. I didn't use and agent for it.. So now i don't know anything about visa application.. I'm i supposed to use an agen for visa application..?! Or can i apply for visa by myself.. If i can apply by myself i would please nred the necessary procedures required applying.. Thanks..

And pls wats TRV i keep seein in dis thread?

I dey wait una reply abeg ooo
You can do it yourself, as even the agent you intend using might still come here to get answers....LOL!
Goto page 0 (click page 0) of this part and start reading to get some important info then come back to ask specific questions(if you have any then

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Aghatise: 6:13pm On May 05, 2018
With this situation at Lagos VFS, can one submit to Abuja VFS even when all official letters/ documents have been addressed to the Deputy High Commission of Canada in Lagos?

Any info about the situation report in VFS Abuja?

AKFTK:

8am is too late bro, on Friday, I was there as early as 6:30am, and still couldn't submit. Some people got there as early as 4am.

And already, there's a list of people they will attend to first in Monday. The ones they couldn't attend to on Friday, they wrote their names in a register and they will be following that register on Monday.

I will advice anybody that wants to submit and he's in Lagos or it environs to use the online route.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Twallace: 7:01pm On May 05, 2018
Aghatise:
With this situation at Lagos VFS, can one submit to Abuja VFS even when all official letters/ documents have been addressed to the Deputy High Commission of Canada in Lagos?

Any info about the situation report in VFS Abuja?

That shouldn't be a problem. After all, Abuja is just a collection center. They don't process TRV there, they will still take it to Lagos and to Accra
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kylexy61(m): 8:07pm On May 05, 2018
So guys, thanks to God, I picked up my passport from the VAC yesterday with TRV.

I want to ask a question. My passport will expire on 21st Jul, 2020 and as such the validity period of the attached TRV is up to 20th Jul, 2020. I presume I will graduate sometime in June/July 2020 and since I would like to apply for PGWP after graduation, I have to renew the passport and study permit so that I can get the 90 days period after graduation, and have ample time to prepare and apply for PGWP.

I want to ask if I can go through the renewal process and get the new passport in hand in Canada without having to come back to Ghana. Secondly, even in Canada, do I still have to wait till 6 months to expiry before I can renew the passport? I want to renew the passport earlier so that it can be processed early enough for me to proceed the study permit extension.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by luvluvluv: 8:28pm On May 05, 2018
Am 31yrs now and had my ssce since 2002

Will this not be a barrier to starting a bsc course in Canada?

Pls advise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 9:22pm On May 05, 2018
kylexy61:
So guys, thanks to God, I picked up my passport from the VAC yesterday with TRV.

I want to ask a question. My passport will expire on 21st Jul, 2020 and as such the validity period of the attached TRV is up to 20th Jul, 2020. I presume I will graduate sometime in June/July 2020 and since I would like to apply for PGWP after graduation, I have to renew the passport and study permit so that I can get the 90 days period after graduation, and have ample time to prepare and apply for PGWP.

I want to ask if I can go through the renewal process and get the new passport in hand in Canada without having to come back to Ghana. Secondly, even in Canada, do I still have to wait till 6 months to expiry before I can renew the passport? I want to renew the passport earlier so that it can be processed early enough for me to proceed the study permit extension.

Sorry to deviate from your point of concern, please did they email you to pick the passport same day your trv was approved or did you have to wait for a separate mail and for how long? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jacintaflavian: 10:21pm On May 05, 2018
when did you apply?
can i apply now for fall 2018,undergraduate degree
Brendamad:
Hello house. Please any university of Manitoba applicant. Just got admission with a scholarship of 5400CAD. Looking to connect with someone.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chisiudeh: 10:33pm On May 05, 2018
Good day team. I'm new here and would like some questions answered. I finished school in 2010 with a HND and was offered admission to study a diploma program in canada in a very much related course. Since leaving school, I've worked in a couple of places (some with employment letter and some with non). So i want to know;
1. how do i prove my genuineness to the VO since i'm going for a Diploma Program when i already have one .
2. i've been out of school for more than 5 years. Does that have any role to play in the application.
3. How long does it take to get invited for interview after application is received.
4. will i be given a list of documents to provide when invited for interview.

Thanks .

Hope Elders of the house help a brother out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Maxihyfr: 10:50pm On May 05, 2018
chibreezy:
good evening all i must say you guys are doing a good job. i came into this forum as a newbie i think sometime in january.i already had my admission from a canadian university already for masters in environmental engineering and have a bsc in chemical engineering from a nija uni(2014). i asked the first question here on how to go about my deposit payment to my school but unfortunately it wasnt answered but i just read on the thread and googled some questions too and was able to make the deposit of 2kcad not even the full tuition payment.. ok to cut the long story short, this post is for dose discouraged and it may serve as encouragement to them not to relent..i applied for my trv on 7th of feb(paper route) for the first time i do not have any travel history before, i got an invite for medicals 1st march and got my trv on 9th march(yesterday)..my dear it was really a surprise to me coz it was after i applied i even got to start reading and following up more on the thread i got scared at some point when i even saw some documents that was mentioned here like sop, letter of previous employment place ,sponsor birth certificate, sponsor passport biodata page, siblings birth cerificate and parents too, police report too etc. men all this things been no dey my application i said to my sef i dun f up o.. The only things i submitted was my trv forms, sponsor letter, sponsor account statement(personal and company) , sponsor cac documents, my nysc discharge, waec certificate, degree certificate, diploma in telecoms certificate,my personal account with just 170k closing balance, ielts, identification letter, my bsc school transcript, evidence of paid 2kcad, admission letter, accomodation offer letter from school and above all THE G FACTOR(GOD). this are just what i used in applying for the first time and getting it.. i think a simple and genuine application makes the job easy for the vo. i applaud these guys frank, iyjuwa, chuks and many others i cant remember their names i dont reply nor comment though but i follow your posts and comments and you give really good advices and una dey try e no easy to dey give free advice abeg so GOD bless you all and reward you all ur heart desires .. for those expecting it will be your turn soon..cheers yall and all the best to you all.

I just got admission last week.. Na visa i wan apply for.. I dont even knw where to strt
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Maxihyfr: 10:53pm On May 05, 2018
jacintaflavian:
when did you apply?
can i apply now for fall 2018,undergraduate degree

I got admission in the university of manitoba too.. For applied business management
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Maxihyfr: 10:55pm On May 05, 2018
Brendamad:
Hello house. Please any university of Manitoba applicant. Just got admission with a scholarship of 5400CAD. Looking to connect with someone.

I got admission in the university of manitoba too.. For applied business management
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chisiudeh: 11:13pm On May 05, 2018
How do you k what to submit to the VO. Were you given a document checklist of things to bring.
chibreezy:
good evening all i must say you guys are doing a good job. i came into this forum as a newbie i think sometime in january.i already had my admission from a canadian university already for masters in environmental engineering and have a bsc in chemical engineering from a nija uni(2014). i asked the first question here on how to go about my deposit payment to my school but unfortunately it wasnt answered but i just read on the thread and googled some questions too and was able to make the deposit of 2kcad not even the full tuition payment.. ok to cut the long story short, this post is for dose discouraged and it may serve as encouragement to them not to relent..i applied for my trv on 7th of feb(paper route) for the first time i do not have any travel history before, i got an invite for medicals 1st march and got my trv on 9th march(yesterday)..my dear it was really a surprise to me coz it was after i applied i even got to start reading and following up more on the thread i got scared at some point when i even saw some documents that was mentioned here like sop, letter of previous employment place ,sponsor birth certificate, sponsor passport biodata page, siblings birth cerificate and parents too, police report too etc. men all this things been no dey my application i said to my sef i dun f up o.. The only things i submitted was my trv forms, sponsor letter, sponsor account statement(personal and company) , sponsor cac documents, my nysc discharge, waec certificate, degree certificate, diploma in telecoms certificate,my personal account with just 170k closing balance, ielts, identification letter, my bsc school transcript, evidence of paid 2kcad, admission letter, accomodation offer letter from school and above all THE G FACTOR(GOD). this are just what i used in applying for the first time and getting it.. i think a simple and genuine application makes the job easy for the vo. i applaud these guys frank, iyjuwa, chuks and many others i cant remember their names i dont reply nor comment though but i follow your posts and comments and you give really good advices and una dey try e no easy to dey give free advice abeg so GOD bless you all and reward you all ur heart desires .. for those expecting it will be your turn soon..cheers yall and all the best to you all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kylexy61(m): 11:33pm On May 05, 2018
Prudento:

Sorry to deviate from your point of concern, please did they email you to pick the passport same day your trv was approved or did you have to wait for a separate mail and for how long? Thanks

I applied online. TRV was approved and my passport was requested same day. After I submitted my passport, I received an email 3 days later that it was ready for collection.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by babzy90: 1:49am On May 06, 2018
Hi guyz...im kind of new on this thread but I've read a few things. I have an offer from a college for a PGD in instrumentation and control engr. I finished my uni since 2013 (chemical engr) but haven't really worked, just been managing my mum's shop. My mum will b my sponsor. I av my educational documents, my SOP, will soon pay my first year fees, my mum's acct statement, also with another fixed deposit acct 5m. I want to know if I'm good to go with my application or I still need other things cuz from wat I've seen people are rejected due to home ties, finance and purpose of visit. Is my profile good enough to get me a visa? Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by zaynabola: 2:05am On May 06, 2018
Hello when were you given admission? I applied since February and they are still saying my application is under review.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Martswoll: 4:00am On May 06, 2018
zaynabola:
Hello when were you given admission? I applied since February and they are still saying my application is under review.

Did you apply online?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 4:08am On May 06, 2018
kylexy61:

Congratulations. Firstly, you can renew your passport in the Ghana embassy in Canada. After renewal, you will then apply for extension of your study permit. You can only apply for extension of your study permit few months before it’s expiry. Don’t worry, once u apply you are deemed to have a student status.

Remember applying for study permit is different from TRV renewal. If you want to travel out, you will need to extend your TRV also.

The period before renewing your passport is based on your countries regulation but mostly within few mo the to expiry.

Don’t be scared, don’t think about it. Just come to Canada. Everything will work out seamlessly. Instead, start looking at ur career projection, which professionals exams you need to take, how you will settle and buy houses. Study permit extension and passport renewal are little things to worry about. Canada is a very very good country. GOD Bless CANADA

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 5:17am On May 06, 2018
EfeNuda1:

Congratulations. Firstly, you can renew your passport in the Ghana embassy in Canada. After renewal, you will then apply for extension of your study permit. You can only apply for extension of your study permit few months before it’s expiry. Don’t worry, once u apply you are deemed to have a student status.

Remember applying for study permit is different from TRV renewal. If you want to travel out, you will need to extend your TRV also.

The period before renewing your passport is based on your countries regulation but mostly within few mo the to expiry.

Don’t be scared, don’t think about it. Just come to Canada. Everything will work out seamlessly. Instead, start looking at ur career projection, which professionals exams you need to take, how you will settle and buy houses. Study permit extension and passport renewal are little things to worry about. Canada is a very very good country. GOD Bless CANADA

Settle down and buy houses? Devote your time to your studies and make a first class and come thank me later. That would be the thing that will open doors for you. Worry about buying houses when you graduate and have your PR. I don’t know about Canada. But in the United States, nobody will sell a house to you until you are a PR or citizen. Yes he can apply for Ghana passport in Canada within a few months of expiry. That too is for the future.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 6:07am On May 06, 2018
babzy90:
Hi guyz...im kind of new on this thread but I've read a few things. I have an offer from a college for a PGD in instrumentation and control engr. I finished my uni since 2013 (chemical engr) but haven't really worked, just been managing my mum's shop. My mum will b my sponsor. I av my educational documents, my SOP, will soon pay my first year fees, my mum's acct statement, also with another fixed deposit acct 5m. I want to know if I'm good to go with my application or I still need other things cuz from wat I've seen people are rejected due to home ties, finance and purpose of visit. Is my profile good enough to get me a visa? Thank you

You are financially good to land a TRV. Now you must work on proving ties to Nigeria that would induce your return. Cover all gaps and show you have been engaged in meaningful pursuits all these years is all that is needed. Why a PGD instead of a masters you have to justify. It’s a tall order. Perhaps you can justify that on saying you want vocational training instead of the theoretical which is what a masters is all about. Tell them the set of skills you want to acquire requires practical training. Explain that you are a genuine student and applying in good faith. Explain the correlation between chemical engineering and control instrumentation engineering. Good luck.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.