Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (786712 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Twallace: 4:09pm On May 08, 2018
Oshey9999:
TRV Approved.................................................

Application submitted on February - 26

Biometric done - February 28

Medical Request letter received -April 25

Medicals done - May 2nd

Medical Passed - May 6th

TRV Approved May 8th
...............................................................................................................

Here is the breakdown of what I submitted with my application:

All the required cic forms

Letter of Acceptance (St. Clair College, Windsor ON). This is a three year advance diploma degree in Biomedical Engineering Technology.

Receipt of 1 year tuition payment 13,000 CAD

Sponsors: 2 siblings one living in the US and the other living in the UK

Sponsor 1: UK company statement of account with a balance of 16k pounds, GTB SOA of about N12 millions, UK certificate of company registration.

Sponsor 2: Evidence of tuition payment of 13k CAD from US bank account, 4 month Payslips of more than 4k dollars per month

Goodluck to the hopefuls........................................

Please for those who have submitted their passport for TRV at the Lagos VFS, I would like to know if they charge any amount for passport submission. I plan to go there tomorrow morning.

Thank you.

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Oshey9999: 4:14pm On May 08, 2018
Ehimadeking:
Hello
I did my medicals March 26th
Passed my medicals March 29th
Till now no update on my application

What could b wrong?
Please I need advice

Sorry for the long wait. I understand how tiring it is waiting for visa decision. I have no idea why the delay as everyone here is just following the trend. Fortunately (relatively), you have scaled some hurdles and now are just waiting for the final leg. It could be they are waiting on background check, especially if you have travel history outside of naija.

I know you said you had contacted them with no response, I will suggest sending them another note. I don't see this as being desperate because your application is not following the normal trend we have seen here. By the way, not normal doesn't mean you will be refused.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by xzile: 4:22pm On May 08, 2018
Was at vfs lagos yesterday and today. My experience was terrible,yesterday i arrived vfs 6am but was far behind the queue (number 222).after much run about we were asked to go and come back today. People who came for 1st time today were given appointment for Thursday and Friday. If you plan going paper route you really have to be tough and patient, and bear in mind you won't submit in one day. Make photo copies of passport data page, bar code page, affidavits. I went along with 2 family forms 5707 & 5645 due to the controversy that was raised here some time ago but the vfs guy told me to submit which ever one i think is best for me he was nice. Also be prepared to snap passport there at a funny price, the passport photos i went with was rejected. It will all end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by NewNigeriaMind: 4:23pm On May 08, 2018
Hello House,

I appied for my MBA last year, i got rejected but since then i have been very busy with work to even reapply,

I read something about the Global Case Management System and i will like to understand how i can access this for my case.

I have checked page zero (0) but couldn't find anything on it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bukella(f): 4:24pm On May 08, 2018
Twallace:

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bukella(f): 4:28pm On May 08, 2018
Oshey9999:

Medicals done - May 2nd

Medical Passed - May 6th

TRV Approved May 8th
...............................................................................................................

Letter of Acceptance (St. Clair College, Windsor ON). This is a three year advance diploma degree in Biomedical Engineering Technology.

Sponsor 1: UK company statement of account with a balance of 16k pounds, GTB SOA of about N12 millions, UK certificate of company registration.

Sponsor 2: Evidence of tuition payment of 13k CAD from US bank account, 4 month Payslips of more than 4k dollars per month

Please for those who have submitted their passport for TRV at the Lagos VFS, I would like to know if they charge any amount for passport submission. I plan to go there tomorrow morning.

Thank you.

congratulations! I tap into this grace in Jesus name.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by tylerwill: 4:39pm On May 08, 2018
NewNigeriaMind:

I will like to have a word with you. Is it ok if I send a mail and you can share your contact details with me?

Pm me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ehimadeking(m): 5:11pm On May 08, 2018
Oshey9999:

Sorry for the long wait. I understand how tiring it is waiting for visa decision. I have no idea why the delay as everyone here is just following the trend. Fortunately (relatively), you have scaled some hurdles and now are just waiting for the final leg. It could be they are waiting on background check, especially if you have travel history outside of naija.

I know you said you had contacted them with no response, I will suggest sending them another note. I don't see this as being desperate because your application is not following the normal trend we have seen here. By the way, not normal doesn't mean you will be refused.

Thanks for the wonderful response, I will contact again asap
I pray it ends with praises because I'm really tired of waiting. This is a month and two weeks now since I did my medicals.
God never fails
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kingfintan: 5:23pm On May 08, 2018
tylerwill:

My advice to you. Answer your questionnaire briefly to avoid unnecessary issues. Your questionnaire is a written proof of your application questions answered by you first hand.

Is it all the form you sent I will fill..

As for the questionaire I just have to put all my point in there because this cic people are very funny..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Setemiola(m): 5:46pm On May 08, 2018
please the a visa application form is noy open ...is writing please wail..please i dont mind if anyone can send it to me through my Email address...i will print it out from there. please i need it very urgent. thanks
Setemiola:

thanks boss

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Setemiola(m): 5:55pm On May 08, 2018
yes is 4-6 month...but APRIL is the last updated...but have not submit because i have not get the student visa application form.
hilaryxoxo:
Why don't you just do the 4-6months that they asked you and save yourself the stress

When they give people OBJ question, they'd say pick one answer but some people would still pick two. nawa oh

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 08, 2018
Use Adobe Reader to open it and fill it.

Setemiola:
please the a visa application form is noy open ...is writing please wail..please i dont mind if anyone can send it to me through my Email address...i will print it out from there. please i need it very urgent. thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Setemiola(m): 5:58pm On May 08, 2018
please someone should help me with student visa application form..am submitting by hand not online...the link site is not open.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 6:15pm On May 08, 2018
Setemiola:
please someone should help me with student visa application form..am submitting by hand not online...the link site is not open.
Get all required documents from the link attached and endeavour to download the updated Acrobat adobe reader inorder to gain access to the IMM1294E form.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/student.asp?countrySelect=NG#applications
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chisiudeh: 6:27pm On May 08, 2018
Congratulations on your TRV.
However, can I send you a PM.

Oshey9999:

Medicals done - May 2nd

Medical Passed - May 6th

TRV Approved May 8th

Thank you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Oshey9999: 6:56pm On May 08, 2018
chisiudeh:
Congratulations on your TRV.
However, can I send you a PM.

Yes, you can send me a PM.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chisiudeh: 7:02pm On May 08, 2018
Can I get your digit or email.

Oshey9999:

Yes, you can send me a PM.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by tylerwill: 8:21pm On May 08, 2018
lummy11:

Can i oreder the gcms note myself or i need someone in Canada to make the order for me

That's a company that runs a business out of it. Just pay the $23 or so then a form will be sent for you to sign and scan back to them. Do it and you will get a code.. You're all set and waiting for the gcms to come out in 4 weeks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by tylerwill: 8:25pm On May 08, 2018
kingfintan:

Is it all the form you sent I will fill..

As for the questionaire I just have to put all my point in there because this cic people are very funny..

Not all the form please.. The ones concerning you like Application made outside of Canada, family information, & with your questionnaire.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vivicintia(f): 8:28pm On May 08, 2018
tylerwill:

No don't. Your application will be refused for financial reasons and source of funds in your gcms amongst other reasons.

You can go with a 3 month statement if the pages are up to 30. But 4-6 months are mandatory.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Famzyactivity: 9:26pm On May 08, 2018
How is the crowd in vfs Abuja?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by lummy11: 9:28pm On May 08, 2018
tylerwill:

That's a company that runs a business out of it. Just pay the $23 or so then a form will be sent for you to sign and scan back to them. Do it and you will get a code.. You're all set and waiting for the gcms to come out in 4 weeks
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vivicintia(f): 9:37pm On May 08, 2018
Is it advisable to use 2 sponsors for study permit .they are both my uncles.

Plz advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Uzee24: 9:37pm On May 08, 2018
xzile:
Was at vfs lagos yesterday and today. My experience was terrible,yesterday i arrived vfs 6am but was far behind the queue (number 222).after much run about we were asked to go and come back today. People who came for 1st time today were given appointment for Thursday and Friday. If you plan going paper route you really have to be tough and patient, and bear in mind you won't submit in one day. Make photo copies of passport data page, bar code page, affidavits. I went along with 2 family forms 5707 & 5645 due to the controversy that was raised here some time ago but the vfs guy told me to submit which ever one i think is best for me he was nice. Also be prepared to snap passport there at a funny price, the passport photos i went with was rejected. It will all end in praise

This is scary! You mean going there by 10am is a waste of time? I need to collect my police certificate b4 going there 2moro, and I was told I will get it around 9am.

Which affidavit are we making copies of please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Oshey9999: 10:31pm On May 08, 2018
Uzee24:

This is scary! You mean going there by 10am is a waste of time? I need to collect my police certificate b4 going there 2moro, and I was told I will get it around 9am.

Which affidavit are we making copies of please?

I don't think police certificate is required for Canadian study permit, so to me there is no point stressing yourself in getting one. Like you can see in the trv approval news shared today there was not any mentioning of police cert. I never thought police cert is needed before my application could be approved and yes the approval came even without police cert. I have seen many people here who submitted their applications without police certificate and still got approved. Do you think these Oyinbo people believe our Naija criminal justice system? Even the police officer doling out the certificates does not know if I'm a felon or not because there is little or no record of criminal history in Naija. That's my two cent though.

Best,

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by HiSignature: 10:43pm On May 08, 2018
Yes please, just prove your ties to them

vivicintia:
Is it advisable to use 2 sponsors for study permit .they are both my uncles.

Plz advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Oshey9999: 10:49pm On May 08, 2018
HiSignature:
Yes please, just prove your ties to them

I think you can, as long as they are both committed to supporting you. You will want them to provide tangible evidences of how and why they are sponsoring you. Showing records of past financial assistance will go a long way in making your case believable. For example, school fees payments in the past or other financial assistance. I hope this answers your question.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by HiSignature: 11:01pm On May 08, 2018
You are right, i also have someone who got approved without including police clearance certificate in her application.
However, everybody is trying their best to tighten all loose ends as no size fits all, so i understand Uzee's concern.
I'll say to Uzee, get your police certificate, register your presence at vfs tomorrow although not with the hope of submission but to get an appointment for submission. Following the xzile experience, there is every tendency that you might not even be able to submit tomorrow if you get there as early as possible tomorrow.

Remember that every document you submit automatically form part of your data base in canada when you eventually get in. so, If you want to make do without the police certificate at visa application time, i will advice you make sure to have one ready whenever you plan to depart Nigeria. The reason is that if you plan to get a part time job or full time job during summer especially in a government set up, they sometimes review the police certificate in your database as part of their security check, where if you do not have, will then need someone to do it from Nigeria for you.
This, a friend of mine experienced. The individual was required to present the original copy of her police clearance certificate from Nigeria to complete her security check for the job.

Oshey9999:

I don't think police certificate is required for Canadian study permit, so to me there is no point stressing yourself in getting one. Like you can see in the trv approval news shared today there was not any mentioning of police cert. I never thought police cert is needed before my application could be approved and yes the approval came even without police cert. I have seen many people here who submitted their applications without police certificate and still got approved. Do you think these Oyinbo people believe our Naija criminal justice system? Even the police officer doling out the certificates does not know if I'm a felon or not because there is little or no record of criminal history in Naija. That's my two cent though.

Best,

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Oshey9999: 11:15pm On May 08, 2018
HiSignature:
You are right, i also have someone who got approved without including police clearance certificate in her application.
However, everybody is trying their best to tighten all loose ends as no size fits all, so i understand Uzee's concern.
I'll say to Uzee, get your police certificate, register your presence at vfs tomorrow although not with the hope of submission but to get an appointment for submission. Following the xzile experience, there is every tendency that you might not even be able to submit tomorrow if you get there as early as possible tomorrow.

Remember that every document you submit automatically form part of your data base in canada when you eventually get in. so, If you want to make do without the police certificate at visa application time, i will advice you make sure to have one ready whenever you plan to depart Nigeria. The reason is that if you plan to get a part time job or full time job during summer especially in a government set up, they sometimes review the police certificate in your database as part of their security check, where if you do not have, will then need someone to do it from Nigeria for you.
This, a friend of mine experienced. The individual was required to present the original copy of her police clearance certificate from Nigeria to complete her security check for the job.

Now I understand the angle you are coming from.

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.