Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,259 members, 7,836,187 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (795228 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by tylerwill: 12:02am On May 09, 2018
Don't bother too much about Police report certificate, if the vo has issues with security, that will be requested for. If you don't have any criminal records in Nigeria don't bother to get a Police clearance. Cic normally use it for security purposes. Only those that has been in a foreign land should get a Police clearance from the country they have lived in more than 6 months to show that they respected the laws of that country and also didn't violate their visa.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by harde116: 12:14am On May 09, 2018
Go to VFS first, get there as early as possible. Get a tally or whatever they give and head to alagbon. It takes about 30mins to get the police report if you know the right people, then you can go back to VFS to check if there's hope.

Ordinary biometrics, i got there before 12 and they bounced me, The next day, i got there like 9am, and i did not finish until past 5.

All the best.

Uzee24:

This is scary! You mean going there by 10am is a waste of time? I need to collect my police certificate b4 going there 2moro, and I was told I will get it around 9am.

Which affidavit are we making copies of please?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MichyEhi: 12:16am On May 09, 2018
pemilabelle:
check your mail box. Got mine immediately i submitted (online), did biometrics same day.

Thank you! How long did everything else take. Please inform me on the whole process.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Vizzle4sure: 1:01am On May 09, 2018
sheriff88:
Good day guys
I would like to know how to fill the employment section on the IMM1294. The space provided can't be enough for my details for the past 10 years

Pls gurus in the house, kindly help with the National Identity Document information in the IMM 1294E form, as I have my Voters Card and Temporary slip of NIMS and the Voter's Card having Issued date with no expiry date and Temporary Slip with no issued and expiry date. Kindly advise Sirs/Madams. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Maxihyfr: 1:21am On May 09, 2018
Are the biometrics also done online?!for dose using the online route Or at the vfs?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by HiSignature: 1:23am On May 09, 2018
It can only be done at vfs.

Maxihyfr:
Are the biometrics also done online?!for dose using the online route Or at the vfs?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by HiSignature: 1:26am On May 09, 2018
You can make do without putting any information the section.

Vizzle4sure:

Pls gurus in the house, kindly help with the National Identity Document information in the IMM 1294E form, as I have my Voters Card and Temporary slip of NIMS and the Voter's Card having Issued date with no expiry date and Temporary Slip with no issued and expiry date. Kindly advise Sirs/Madams. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ayeopare(m): 3:56am On May 09, 2018
It's my new dawn year indeed.
Got Approved this morning.
Date applied April 9th, Resumption Date: May 2nd, Date Approved: 8th May.
Documents submitted :
All the CIC documents, additional employment history was written on plane sheet with my pen.

Financial documents :

School receipt of 7313 CAD for one academic semester addressed to the immigration office by the school, One Month Bank statement of 32687 CAD in Bank of Montreal dated February emailed to me by my bank note not original document,Letter of introduction from the bank emailed to me dated March addressed to CIC, Letter of Confirmation of Award of Scholarship by NDDC indicating the source of my fund, Mother's gratuity and pension letter, No any other SoA,

Supporting Documents
Document of Landed Property owned by my Late Father, having the same address with my residential address, PMP, MCSA, MCSE 2012, CCNA Certifications, Waec result, HND, ND, PGD CERTIFICATE with all my transcripts attached, Letter of recommendation from Lecturers and previous employer, my Company documents incorporated March 2018 indicating am a share holder with 40% stake, certificate of incorporation, stamp duty receipt, no receipt of transaction, no tax documents, Mother's birthday certificate, and siblings birth certificates,
3 pages of Letter of explanation stating the source of my fund, employment history, and intent of study used in obtaining my admission.

Finally I wrote CIC a week to my resumption stating that I can no more defer my admission as my school request that considering my situation I will have to reapply after deferring for almost 3times, I attached the source of my funds and school receipt in the mail, stating the reason for my first denial was as a result of fund which has already been paid and stating my sponsor as a genuine government agency.

Plus : Serious fasting, prayers, anointing and Thanksgiving

19 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vivicintia(f): 4:07am On May 09, 2018
tylerwill:

No don't. Your application will be refused for financial reasons and source of funds in your gcms amongst other reasons.

You can go with a 3 month statement if the pages are up to 30. But 4-6 months are mandatory.

Thanks a lot

Please do I need to put source of funds for sponsor ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ggetter50: 4:28am On May 09, 2018
ayeopare:
Documents submitted :
All the CIC documents, additional employment history was written on plane sheet with my pen.

Financial documents :

School receipt of 7313 CAD for one academic semester addressed to the immigration office by the school, One Month Bank statement of 32687 CAD in Bank of Montreal dated February emailed to me by my bank note not original document,Letter of introduction from the bank emailed to me dated March addressed to CIC, Letter of Confirmation of Award of Scholarship by NDDC indicating the source of my fund, Mother's gratuity and pension letter, No any other SoA,

Supporting Documents
Document of Landed Property owned by my Late Father, having the same address with my residential address, PMP, MCSA, MCSE 2012, CCNA Certifications, Waec result, HND, ND, PGD CERTIFICATE with all my transcripts attached, Letter of recommendation from Lecturers and previous employer, my Company documents incorporated March 2018 indicating am a share holder with 40% stake, certificate of incorporation, stamp duty receipt, no receipt of transaction, no tax documents, Mother's birthday certificate, and siblings birth certificates,
3 pages of Letter of explanation stating the source of my fund, employment history, and intent of study used in obtaining my admission.

Finally I wrote CIC a week to my resumption stating that I can no more defer my admission as my school request that considering my situation I will have to reapply after deferring for almost 3times, I attached the source of my funds and school receipt in the mail, stating the reason for my first denial was as a result of fund which has already been paid and stating my sponsor as a genuine government agency.

Congratulations!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 5:35am On May 09, 2018
ayeopare:
Documents submitted :

Financial documents :

Supporting Documents

Congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by charlyduru: 6:05am On May 09, 2018
ayeopare:
Documents submitted :

Financial documents :

Supporting Documents

Big ups bruv ... bless up

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by charlyduru: 6:07am On May 09, 2018
DRiches:

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your reply. My Co-Sponsor didn’t mention any of his dependant in the sponsorship letter he gave to me. Right now, he’s not around to give me another one, and am submitting my application in few days to this time. Please, can I address this in my LOE/SOP? By stating his dependants? Can this really work?

@ All, please I also need your suggestions on this.

And please, I really need someone to review my SOP too.

Send it to durucharly@gmal.com

Congrats in advance and bless up

God bless you all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by charlyduru: 6:09am On May 09, 2018
DRiches:

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your reply. My Co-Sponsor didn’t mention any of his dependant in the sponsorship letter he gave to me. Right now, he’s not around to give me another one, and am submitting my application in few days to this time. Please, can I address this in my LOE/SOP? By stating his dependants? Can this really work?

@ All, please I also need your suggestions on this.

And please, I really need someone to review my SOP too.

God bless you all

Send it to durucharly@gmail.com

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Maxihyfr: 6:38am On May 09, 2018
Good morning all... For those applying online.. So we r to scan and send the whole 30pages of our sponsors SOP??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vivicintia(f): 6:45am On May 09, 2018
charlyduru:

Send it to durucharly@gmail.com

Please send me SOP sample

vivicintia@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vivicintia(f): 6:47am On May 09, 2018
ayeopare:
Documents submitted :

Financial documents :

Supporting Documents

Big congrats!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Maxihyfr: 6:49am On May 09, 2018
Maxihyfr:
Good morning all... For those applying online.. So we r to scan and send the whole 30pages of our sponsors SOP??

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by justwise(m): 6:50am On May 09, 2018
Solarmila:
Hi Justwise,

Sorry been offline.

I am a graduate of Applied Geology(B.Tech) with over Six years core HR experience. Finished with a 2.2 hence i know i can't get direct admission into MSC HR. I have 3 International HR certification, SHRM-CP, PHRi and CHRP (BC & Yukon). Last is certified by HR body in BC & Yukon Canada.

Why not give masters a try considering your work experience and other qualifications you have? Apply for masters and follow it up with letter to the school outlining your work experience in the field and other qualifications you have acquired.

Going for PG is a bit of a step-down.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 7:15am On May 09, 2018
Congrats boss. The coast has been cleared, its your time to shine.
ayeopare:
Documents submitted :

Financial documents :

Supporting Documents

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by xzile: 7:31am On May 09, 2018
There's no way you would be attended to same day even if you pass the night at the gate like some applicants does.
Uzee24:

This is scary! You mean going there by 10am is a waste of time? I need to collect my police certificate b4 going there 2moro, and I was told I will get it around 9am.

Which affidavit are we making copies of please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Maxihyfr: 7:35am On May 09, 2018
Maxihyfr:

Pls any answer wud do.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by thompson1510(m): 7:36am On May 09, 2018
Maxihyfr:

I just got admission last week.. Na visa i wan apply for.. I dont even knw where to strt

I have the same problem. The only issue I have now is writing a SOP...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sogima(f): 7:43am On May 09, 2018
Oshey9999:
TRV Approved.................................................

Application submitted on February - 26

Biometric done - February 28

Medical Request letter received -April 25

Medicals done - May 2nd

Medical Passed - May 6th

TRV Approved May 8th
...............................................................................................................

Here is the breakdown of what I submitted with my application:

All the required cic forms

Letter of Acceptance (St. Clair College, Windsor ON). This is a three year advance diploma degree in Biomedical Engineering Technology.

Receipt of 1 year tuition payment 13,000 CAD

Sponsors: 2 siblings one living in the US and the other living in the UK

Sponsor 1: UK company statement of account with a balance of 16k pounds, GTB SOA of about N12 millions, UK certificate of company registration.

Sponsor 2: Evidence of tuition payment of 13k CAD from US bank account, 4 month Payslips of more than 4k dollars per month

Goodluck to the hopefuls........................................

Please for those who have submitted their passport for TRV at the Lagos VFS, I would like to know if they charge any amount for passport submission. I plan to go there tomorrow morning.

Thank you.

Congratulations dear
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vivicintia(f): 7:43am On May 09, 2018
Please which medium is better
Paper or online
This paper route seem to be tedious

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by tylerwill: 7:58am On May 09, 2018
ayeopare:
Documents submitted :

Financial documents :

Supporting Documents

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by tylerwill: 8:02am On May 09, 2018
vivicintia:

Thanks a lot

Please do I need to put source of funds for sponsor ??

Your sponsor can explain that in the sponsorship letter with proof to back it up.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by tylerwill: 8:12am On May 09, 2018
vivicintia:
Please which medium is better
Paper or online
This paper route seem to be tedious

On route is better than the other, it depends which is more convenient for you. Paper application you get to do your biometrics and you can submit all photocopies of your docs (voluminous paper work) and originals of those docs addressed to IRCC (Cic, Canadian embassy. Your passport will also be collected as well and you won't go to the vac again unless to collect your processed application result & passport. Paper route is also cheaper.
Online application gives you the opportunity to submit your application at the comfort of your home but you will scan all docs with their combined size for each upload shouldn't be more than 4mb. Days later you will get a notification in your cic account to go for biometrics with a letter. A little more expensive and if you're not within Lagos or Abuja (depending on the vac you used) it will be stressful traveling to and fro leaving work. But online you get first hand information about your application although paper application can also be linked online too. Both processing are favorable. The choice is yours

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by tylerwill: 8:14am On May 09, 2018
thompson1510:

I have the same problem. The only issue I have now is writing a SOP...
Go to page Zero and you will get a clue. When you're done the masters/gurus here will assist you in reviewing.

N.B : I'm not a guru
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MightyGIE: 8:19am On May 09, 2018
mcobex:
How will you apply for it when the principal applicant(the student) doesn't have any right to be in Canada? You offer letter doesn't qualify you but rather your trv. It is only when your trv is secured that you can now apply for your spouse(you can do that even while in NIgeria as long as trv has been secured). The only thing you can apply for your spouse before your trv approval is visiting and nothing more

I beg to differ. That isn't true information. You can apply for your study permit and spouse open work permit and trv for children at same time. Pls more experienced people should talk on this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Maxihyfr: 9:03am On May 09, 2018
Good morning all... For those applying online.. So we r to scan and send the whole 30pages of our sponsors SOA??

PLS ANSWERS NEEDED
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 9:12am On May 09, 2018
MightyGIE:

I beg to differ. That isn't true information. You can apply for your study permit and spouse open work permit and trv for children at same time. Pls more experienced people should talk on this.

Yes, you can apply for TRV & SOWP at the same time if you have the required fund to take care of your family in Canada.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (517)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.