Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,070 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (787914 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 8:27am On May 23, 2018
Josh1996:
good morning bosses
please I have an issue. I was able to secure a supervisor at University of Ottawa for my MASC program. she told me to add her name when filling the application. since when I completed the application I have sent her 2 mails telling her that am done with the application and she hasn't responded. any reason for me to be concerned. Thanks

The person u should be contacting more often now is the Graduate Admin. Your supervisor will not see ur application until they have forwarded to her. Note that some graduate admins may not forward ur application without u disturbing them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Josh1996: 8:30am On May 23, 2018
Okay. .I have been calling the lady and have been getting good feedbacks. just worried about the supervisor not responding to my mail
Prudento:

The person u should be contacting more often now is the Graduate Admin. Your supervisor will not see ur application until they have forwarded to her. Note that some graduate admins may not forward ur application without u disturbing them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 8:33am On May 23, 2018
Josh1996:
Okay. .I have been calling the lady and have been getting good feedbacks. just worried about the supervisor not responding to my mail

Has ur application been forwarded to ur supervisor? If no, she doesn't have anything to tell you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 8:39am On May 23, 2018
Good day honourable members, i am new here and finding it difficult to reply people's posts. I would appreciate your assistance.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Josh1996: 8:44am On May 23, 2018
from the last time I spoke with the Graduate Admin. .they had not started evaluating my winter 2019 applications (that's the period I applied for) as they were just rounding up with the fall entries.
wait, so does that mean that my application file would still be sent to my potential supervisor for assessment despite her agreeing to be my supervisor?

Prudento:

Has ur application been forwarded to ur supervisor? If no, she doesn't have anything to tell you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 8:59am On May 23, 2018
Tax clearance issue... ..

We have....
1... Cac certificate

2....federal inland revenue tax service....here we have tax identification number and Value added tax certificate. ..which is two in one..this one u cant back date ...here we have strict compliance no magomago...if they calculate what u are owning it will enter millions of nairaland just have the tin/vat certificate in your hand

3....as an enterprise company the owner of that company if he has not started business he goes to lagos inland revenue service to register just for a token of 5k for a year direct assessment card will be issue to him and a receipt of payment apart from teller he used to pay in the office

4...or the person can declare that he is paying him self salary of 10000...for a month multiply by 12 month so they will calculate for 3 years and ask you to pay just another token to backdate it...also receipt will be given to the person

5....company profile should be added to back up..a brief description of the owner of the comapny and what the company are into....vision and mission statement....should be explain in the company profile

6..sales receipt issue out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 8:59am On May 23, 2018
Prudento:

What is your eligibility review showing? Do u have travel history?

I did my medicals upfront but no report concerning that... I did my degree in Ghana as an international student.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 9:03am On May 23, 2018
harde116:
Only says, "we are processing your background check" "we will send a message when we start reviewing your eligibility"

It's been that way since i started checking it, i think the only thing that changed would be "biometrics updated"

Same with mine... but no report concerning my medicals, however i did it upfront.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 9:05am On May 23, 2018
Josh1996:
from the last time I spoke with the Graduate Admin. .they had not started evaluating my winter 2019 applications (that's the period I applied for) as they were just rounding up with the fall entries.
wait, so does that mean that my application file would still be sent to my potential supervisor for assessment despite her agreeing to be my supervisor?

Your supervisor will review ur application and recommend u for admission. If she does that, u are as good as taken.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by JoseJonn(f): 9:23am On May 23, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Hey sweetie, how is your application? I await the good news! Sounds like a winner!

Hi Jeremy its going on well dear. We bless God! Eligibility and background check still running tho. ...waiting on CIC to blow d final whistle oo!

It will end in praises by His grace.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 9:33am On May 23, 2018
JoseJonn:

Hi Jeremy its going on well dear. We bless God! Eligibility and background check still running tho. ...waiting on CIC to blow d final whistle oo!

Amen ooh!! Please if they are lethargic and can’t blow that whistle, they should hand it over to me! smiley Bless God.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 9:40am On May 23, 2018
bbclue:
Tax clearance issue... ..

We have....
1... Cac certificate

2....federal inland revenue tax service....here we have tax identification number and Value added tax certificate. ..which is two in one..this one u cant back date ...here we have strict compliance no magomago...if they calculate what u are owning it will enter millions of nairaland just have the tin/vat certificate in your hand

3....as an enterprise company the owner of that company if he has not started business he goes to lagos inland revenue service to register just for a token of 5k for a year direct assessment card will be issue to him and a receipt of payment apart from teller he used to pay in the office

4...or the person can declare that he is paying him self salary of 10000...for a month multiply by 12 month so they will calculate for 3 years and ask you to pay just another token to backdate it...also receipt will be given to the person

5....company profile should be added to back up..a brief description of the owner of the comapny and what the company are into....vision and mission statement....should be explain in the company profile

6..sales receipt issue out

Good one. Here in the Plateau they don’t backdate because the tax clearances are computer generated. Except if you want the manual and inauthentic looking types I guess they will be able to do that. I will ask them about the company generated profile you speak of next I go there.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 9:44am On May 23, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Good one. Here in the Plateau they don’t backdate because the tax clearances are computer generated. Except if you want the manual and inauthentic looking types I guess they will be able to do that. I will ask them about the company generated profile you speak of next I go there.

My oga on top I remain loyal.....I think people in Lagos...are very good in backdating.....I did mine in Alausa.in fact I paid 5000. ...the person help me to write 50,000....as direct assessment in the tax summary receipt...from the system....

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 9:45am On May 23, 2018
JoseJonn:

For how long has ur eligibiity review been running
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by aduku1(m): 9:50am On May 23, 2018
Urgent Reply needed?
While filling the visa application on my employment details for the past 10years , the column there cannot accommodate wat I wish to write....I was told to print an additional page of that section, please how do I do DAT.....do I print the first one first den edit it and print the section again?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by gerrymini: 10:03am On May 23, 2018
Someone please kindly confirm the CIC docs to be submitted.

1294E
5483E
5707E
5832E
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 10:33am On May 23, 2018
Pls I am trying to pay my college application fee online and it's unsuccessful. I used my GTB Mastercard savings account. Do I need a Canadian account or a domiciliary account with Canadian currency to do this? Pls I am stuck. Thank you for your kind response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jewel80(f): 10:37am On May 23, 2018
Goodmorning guys! Please if i have already paid my full tuition fee, what should i say my available fund for studies is?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 10:53am On May 23, 2018
MISFITrep:
Pls I am trying to pay my college application fee online and it's unsuccessful. I used my GTB Mastercard savings account. Do I need a Canadian account or a domiciliary account with Canadian currency to do this? Pls I am stuck. Thank you for your kind response

I used mine last nite it went to make payment for someone last nite....is network keep trying
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by gerrymini: 10:56am On May 23, 2018
Please house, kindly confirm

gerrymini:
Someone please kindly confirm the CIC docs to be submitted.

1294E
5483E
5707E
5832E
Are these the correct the cic docs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 11:09am On May 23, 2018
gerrymini:
Please house, kindly confirm

Yep
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 11:09am On May 23, 2018
Jewel80:
Goodmorning guys! Please if i have already paid my full tuition fee, what should i say my available fund for studies is?
Available fund should be tuition fee, living expenses and any other funds. Add your tuition fee receipt to your app

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Martswoll: 11:25am On May 23, 2018
Hello gurus in the House Abeg , did my medical after Request from CIC to do it , last week Tuesday, status changed to “you passed the medical exam”

How long do you think before I get a decision now? I applied 28february Biometrics 1st March, medical call 10th May , medical done 15th May. Medical passed 20th May , so what next and when my people !!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 11:32am On May 23, 2018
Just chill bro, approval in a bit. CIC are unpredictable when it comes to approval.
Martswoll:
Hello gurus in the House Abeg , did my medical after Request from CIC to do it , last week Tuesday, status changed to “you passed the medical exam”

How long do you think before I get a decision now? I applied 28february Biometrics 1st March, medical call 10th May , medical done 15th May. Medical passed 20th May , so what next and when my people !!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Martswoll: 11:36am On May 23, 2018
Phocusjosh:
Just chill bro, approval in a bit. CIC are unpredictable when it comes to approval.

Aight , one question, do I get an email if they approved? Or does the approval only occur in my CIC account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Qupp: 11:39am On May 23, 2018
Twallace:

I believe you get payments from sites like Payoneer or PayPal. Get a reference letter from Payoneer and add your payoneer statement of account. You can download it when you log into your account, then use it as evidence to explain your freelance work.

Have a great Sunday.
My paypal has been blocked and u knw how paypal doesnt function fully in nigeria. I recieve money into my uba bank acct directly tru moneygram from my clients will dat be enough?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Qupp: 11:40am On May 23, 2018
mcobex:
What exactly do you want to know bro? I haven't been following your case
How i am going to link my bsc in mcb i nigeria to bsc in computer science in canada. Am a programmer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Qupp: 11:40am On May 23, 2018
jnyuwa02:

I will talk to him to see if he wants to help you. I know he has a new more demanding work and his time helping people here was over. He is the perfect person to help you cos his brother who was into freelance work was refused a visa and to tackle it, they had to work together in ably documenting the freelance work to the VO before the visa was approved.
Thanks still waiting
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Linzo(m): 11:46am On May 23, 2018
MISFITrep:
It wasn't successful because you're using a debit card instead of credit card. I guess it was stated in the college website that payment should be carry out in credit card!! If yes then you need a credit card to complete your registration. I register recently at Brandon university and I also encounter such issue but was solved with a friends dorm account credit card. Though some schools in Canada accept debit card for payment but few only require credit card. So check the instruction again.
Finally, try to check the balance in your GTB account and be sure its up to the required amount when convert into Canadian dollars considering the killer exchange rate . May I know the name of your college? Let me help check it too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 11:51am On May 23, 2018
You would be notified for Passport request when approved via email.
Martswoll:

Aight , one question, do I get an email if they approved? Or does the approval only occur in my CIC account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:53am On May 23, 2018
gerrymini:
Noted. So what do you advise? can I say self-employed since I already have a registered business even though it is not in operation?
gerrymini,

This is more realistic and credible! In this case, it's more better you claim that this business is running and try as much as possible to show some funds in your name. Again, make sure the activities of this business shows a natural progression with your proposed program in Canada.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by esefrancis: 11:55am On May 23, 2018
kylexy61:

I applied online. Took 6 weeks to be processed.
Please did you go for medicals?

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.