Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,469 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (787399 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by gerrymini: 12:17pm On May 23, 2018
Thanks Guru! I really appreciate your advice. God bless.

Frankrobbn1:

gerrymini,

This is more realistic and credible! In this case, it's more better you claim that this business is running and try as much as possible to show some funds in your name. Again, make sure the activities of this business shows a natural progression with your proposed program in Canada.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 12:20pm On May 23, 2018
Which one is 5832E. Cant find the form online o

gerrymini:
Please house, kindly confirm

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by phemmisky(m): 12:26pm On May 23, 2018
mightyola:
Which one is 5832E. Cant find the form online o

cant find 5832E also ooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 12:26pm On May 23, 2018
technokid:
thanks alot.....i have an issue with my university certificate and nysc certificate. My middle name was spelt wrongly on both instead of Udoh, they omitted the h and spelt it Udo. Should I be bothered?

If the names are spelt wrongly from the name on your passport, you should go and rectify the names on your certificate and NYSC. Otherwise, go and do your passport in the name on your certificate and NYSC. You dont want CIC thinking you burrowed someone’s certificate with almost similar names like yours.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kylexy61(m): 1:06pm On May 23, 2018
esefrancis:

Please did you go for medicals?

Yes, I did
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chisiudeh: 1:48pm On May 23, 2018
@Frankrobbn1

I am in this shoes because that is what really broke the camels back for me. I quit in january after I wasn't granted simple permission to go take my ielts exam. My director gave me an ultimatum to either go or stay. Any other way of tackling it?

Meanwhile i'm looking for alternatives to tackle ur earlier suggestions.

gerrymini:
@Frankrobbn1

I am facing a similar challenge although, I intend to say that I resigned my job to study for my IELTS (which I did) and prepare ahead for studies in Canada. Do you think this will fly?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Sisiekohats10(f): 2:29pm On May 23, 2018
Phocusjosh:
You would be notified for Passport request when approved via email.
Hi... new here. Just submitted May 7... been expectant. pls what of those who when through paper route submission? What should we expect? Email alone or do they call individuals? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jewel80(f): 2:30pm On May 23, 2018
mcobex:
Available fund should be tuition fee, living expenses and any other funds. Add your tuition fee receipt to your app

Thank you. Please is it acceptable if my living expenses are in naira equivalent? And i present my bank statement? because we cant seem to find an exchange to pay d money into my dorm account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 2:51pm On May 23, 2018
Hello bro, you would be notified via mail if there is need for any info in respect to your application. I will advise you to link up your paper application online in order to follow up with every details of your application.

Kindly follow the below process to link your application online;

(1) Go to this below listed link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Study Permit and extension.
(6) Then select Family name, given name and date of birth option.
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill Passport information only and DO NOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
(9) Enter your course start date given on your offer letter exact same as that.
(10) Enter course end date as on offer letter only month and year is given so enter that only don't select the date.
(11) Enter your DLI no. same as given on the offer letter.
(12) Next search for your application.
(13) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(14) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

also use this ink; https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html

Sisiekohats10:

Hei... new here. Just submitted May 7... been expectant. pls what of those who when through paper route submission? What should we expect? Email alone or do they call individuals? Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 4:12pm On May 23, 2018
Jewel80:

Thank you. Please is it acceptable if my living expenses are in naira equivalent? And i present my bank statement? because we cant seem to find an exchange to pay d money into my dorm account.
Jewel80,

Of course yes! It's acceptable! So many successful TRV applicants didn't exchange funds into a domicilary account and got approved. It's left for you to certify the visa officer that the funds in the said naira bank account will be accesible by you and available during your stay in Canada and you will get your visa approved as well.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by amazonrck: 4:14pm On May 23, 2018
Nogen:

Hi dear. You will definitely get a daycare once you are on ground. I am speaking from personal experience. Sometimes, openings are created due to one or two children who are moving .

Also, try kijiji of the province you are going to, You will see openings in some private daycares. Leave out the Uni daycare for now. Go for private ones and I pray you get a very good one.

@Nogen, Thank you for your response. I have actually searched for some private daycares around the University, but they are fully booked too. I know things will be sorted once on ground, but my concern is the required documentation for the VO to secure TRV.

Kindly check your nairaland email, I sent you a mail few days ago.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 4:26pm On May 23, 2018
Phocusjosh:
You would be notified for Passport request when approved via email.

Boss please would this also apply to those who applied online or applicable to all applicants ' I mean those who applied via paper rout and online'

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 4:26pm On May 23, 2018
technokid:
thanks alot.....i have an issue with my university certificate and nysc certificate. My middle name was spelt wrongly on both instead of Udoh, they omitted the h and spelt it Udo. Should I be bothered?

jnyuwa02:

If the names are spelt wrongly from the name on your passport, you should go and rectify the names on your certificate and NYSC. Otherwise, go and do your passport in the name on your certificate and NYSC . You dont want CIC thinking you burrowed someone’s certificate with almost similar names like yours.

Attorney! A sworn and notarized affidavit clearly stating the discrepancies of names on his documents/certificates will do well in his case. The bolded words shouldn't be the best suggestion at this point in time.

Cc: technokid

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 4:30pm On May 23, 2018
joe10:

Boss please would this also apply to those who applied online or applicable to all applicants ' I mean those who applied via paper rout and online'
Thanks
joe10,

Online applications - You will get a passport request to submit your passport for stamping at the VFS. While,

Paper applications - Your passport of which you submitted along side with your application, will be dispatched to you, while you pick it up at the VFS.

Hope understood!
All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 4:35pm On May 23, 2018
Please does anyone knows which school accept tuition fee on arrival for pgd applicant who want to study business administration
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 4:43pm On May 23, 2018
chisiudeh:
@Frankrobbn1

I am in this shoes because that is what really broke the camels back for me. I quit in january after I wasn't granted simple permission to go take my ielts exam. My director gave me an ultimatum to either go or stay. Any other way of tackling it?

Meanwhile i'm looking for alternatives to tackle ur earlier suggestions.

chisiudeh,

My earlier suggestion regarding your current employment situation will be your best bet here. I advise you go in search of that. You can't present to a Visa officer that you quit your source of livelihood since January till date all in the name of sitting for an IELTS test that doesn't take a candidate up to a month to prepare for the exam and come out with flying colors.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 4:49pm On May 23, 2018
bbclue:
Please does anyone knows which school accept tuition fee on arrival for pgd applicant who want to study business administration
bbclue,

I guess I came across such school today while browsing through the internet. Oh! Unfortunately, I was unable to lay my hands on the school. undecided
But for real, it's difficult to find such school that offers PGD in the discipline of Business administration and pays upon arrival. Most schools will require an applicant to pay at least a tuition deposit or an acceptance fee. You can as well extend this question to www.quora.com or www.google.com grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 5:04pm On May 23, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

joe10,

Online applications - You will get a passport request to submit your passport for stamping at the VFS. While,

Paper applications - Your passport of which you submitted along side with your application, will be dispatched to you, while you pick it up at the VFS.

Hope understood!
All the best!

Yes it is now understood. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by holubukola(f): 5:07pm On May 23, 2018
Good evening and well-done to everyone out here who has been supporting others,Pls can someone send me a sample of SOP so I can work with it,I am just about to apply by first week of June. Thanks
Frankrobbn1:

bbclue,

I guess I came across such school today while browsing through the internet. Oh! Unfortunately, I was unable to lay my hands on the school. undecided
But for real, it's difficult to find such school that offers PGD on the discipline of Business administration and pays upon arrival. Most schools will require an applicant to pay at least a tuition deposit or an acceptance fee. You can as well extend this question to www.quora.com or www.google.com grin grin grin
I also want to ask that is SOP compulsory because it was not listed among the requires documents in kine
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 5:24pm On May 23, 2018
holubukola:
Good evening and well-done to everyone out here who has been supporting others,Pls can someone send me a sample of SOP so I can work with it,I am just about to apply by first week of June. Thanks

I also want to ask that is SOP compulsory because it was not listed among the requires documents in kine
holubukola,

Madam, there are few samples of SOP at the beginning of this thread, I beg you to check page 0 of this thread you will find some. Also, you can get so many through www.google.com. But beware of plagiarism while picking some points from the internet.
Sure! SOP is not compulsory but necessary. Because we have some records of few applicants that didn't include an SOP in their application and got approved, while some were rejected.
With the present situation on ground, SOP/LOE is very important when it comes to Canada study visa. I'll advise you include them in your application as it will further buttress your study gaps, why the program, why you choose Canada and not Nigeria, your home ties, financial establishment and after study plan (career goals) and prospects in Nigeria.
Finally a well written SOP does wonders in your application and can land you a visa approval.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 5:33pm On May 23, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Attorney! A sworn and notarized affidavit clearly stating the discrepancies of names on his documents/certificates will do well in his case. The bolded words shouldn't be the best suggestion at this point in time.

Cc: technokid

Why a temporary solution than the problem taking care of once and for all. If he can approach his school to change the error in name or certificate and also NYSC, should be a permanent solution to the problem and avoid any doubts or problems from CIC.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 5:38pm On May 23, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

bbclue,

But for real, it's difficult to find such school that offers PGD in the discipline of Business administration and pays upon arrival. Most schools will require an applicant to pay at least a tuition deposit or an acceptance fee. You can as well extend this question to www.quora.com or www.google.com grin grin grin

Okay thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by holubukola(f): 5:39pm On May 23, 2018
Any Ru applicant here,fall 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 5:46pm On May 23, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Why a temporary solution than the problem taking care of once and for all. If he can approach his school to change the error in name or certificate and also NYSC, should be a permanent solution to the problem and avoid any doubts or problems from CIC.

Attorney! And you think this would be done in a haste? Do you know the rigorous process he has to undergo and the huge cost involved prior he can change his first degree certificate and NYSC name?
It's not an easy task as you thought. In a situation like this, a well written notarized affidavit explaining the discrepancies of name will be the best for now and will be acceptable by the visa officer.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 6:04pm On May 23, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Attorney! And you think this would be done in a haste? Do you know the rigorous process he has to undergo and the huge cost involved prior he can change his first degree certificate and NYSC name?
It's not an easy task as you thought. In a situation like this, a well written notarized affidavit explaining the discrepancies of name will be the best for now and will be acceptable by the visa officer.

If it was me, that what I would do, address the root of the problem, than stories that touch. It’s graduation certificates we are talking about. Very critical documents. Just my perspective.

Ps: He should talk to the school, you will be surprised with some effort, he can get it done quick. He can do an affidavit for the NYSC because that one might be prolonged.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by holubukola(f): 6:08pm On May 23, 2018
Thanks so much,I will edit them well,as I have adequate home ties and good after study plans which I already explained in my application to Ru.
Thanks for prompt response

Frankrobbn1:

holubukola,

Madam, there are few samples of SOP at the beginning of this thread, I beg you to check page 0 of this thread you will find some. Also, you can get so many through www.google.com. But beware of plagiarism while picking some points from the internet.
Sure! SOP is not compulsory but necessary. Because we have some records of few applicants that didn't include an SOP in their application and got approved, while some were rejected.
With the present situation on ground, SOP/LOE is very important when it comes to Canada study visa. I'll advise you include them in your application as it will further buttress your study gaps, why the program, why you choose Canada and not Nigeria, your home ties, financial establishment and after study plan (career goals) and prospects in Nigeria.
Finally a well written SOP does wonders in your application and can land you a visa approval.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jewel80(f): 6:20pm On May 23, 2018
Thanks Frank! Please is there anyone in the house with admission from any university in edmonton? Any ideas on accomodation? The on-campus accomodation at uni of alberta is expensive.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Vnjz: 6:25pm On May 23, 2018
Dear Nairalanders,

I applied march 19th denied may 8 on purpose of visit , i have addressed their questions in a well detailed sop ,, questions is can i re-apply with all the previous documentations i used, are they still valid at this time. i will appreciate your response, help a sister out abeg
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 6:32pm On May 23, 2018
Linzo:

It wasn't successful because you're using a debit card instead of credit card. I guess it was stated in the college website that payment should be carry out in credit card!! If yes then you need a credit card to complete your registration. I register recently at Brandon university and I also encounter such issue but was solved with a friends dorm account credit card. Though some schools in Canada accept debit card for payment but few only require credit card. So check the instruction again.
Finally, try to check the balance in your GTB account and be sure its up to the required amount when convert into Canadian dollars considering the killer exchange rate . May I know the name of your college? Let me help check it too
problem resolved already, It was network thank you for helping out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 6:33pm On May 23, 2018
Vnjz:
Dear Nairalanders,

I applied march 19th denied may 8 on purpose of visit , i have addressed their questions in a well detailed sop ,, questions is can i re-apply with all the previous documentations i used, are they still valid at this time. i will appreciate your response, help a sister out abeg
Vnjz,

Purpose of visit as a generic reason for refusal is always broad and can be tackled when you get to set your eyes on your CAIPS file
So, I'll help a sister by advising her to order for her GCMS note before re-applying.
Using the link: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

Edited: Is your intended program reasonable in control with your previous studies/job role?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 23, 2018
bbclue:

I used mine last nite it went to make payment for someone last nite....is network keep trying
you are correct! Poor network... It has gone through thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Famzyactivity: 6:39pm On May 23, 2018
Gurus in the house , who can please help me review my sop

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.