Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,876 members, 7,828,116 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (790228 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Uchboggy(m): 1:43pm On May 25, 2018
jnyuwa02:

This is the official financial requirement out of Lagos. 3 months of bank statement is the word on the street.
God bless you bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Steper4u: 1:44pm On May 25, 2018
Prudento:

But what is your online dashboard showing under background check and eligibility review?

Eligibility review says "Your application is in progress..."
Background check "We are processing your application..."
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 1:48pm On May 25, 2018
Owoch:

Please this is my first time of writing. Still trying to wrap my head around how this works.

If I happen to do my biometrics at Abuja vfs, can I go to Lagos vfs to submit my passport when the time comes or it has to be Abuja.

If you did biometrics in Abuja, you have to submit passport in Abuja. You can ask Abuja VFS to courier your passport back to you in Lagos when a decision is out without coming back to Abuja. I am not entirely sure though if you win, they still will courier the passport to you with the live visa. Even if they want you to come in person to Abuja if a visa is approved, it be worthwhile journey. Chat a VFS staff up live on their website, they will answer any questions you have. Best of luck!!

Ps: hope you know you can file your application online from the comforts of your room without going anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 2:04pm On May 25, 2018
Steper4u:

Eligibility review says "Your application is in progress..."
Background check "We are processing your application..."

You most likely have extensive travel history? If so I learnt they will have to grab your immigration files from those countries.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Uchboggy(m): 2:06pm On May 25, 2018
Snappyfingaz:

Put all your documents in a single Word document, save it as a pdf file. Then to compress, use smallpdf.com
Works like magic.
thanks bro . Done that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 2:08pm On May 25, 2018
How about applicant with NO travel history?
Prudento:

You most likely have extensive travel history? If so I learnt they will have to grab your immigration files from those countries.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Uchboggy(m): 2:08pm On May 25, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Please where did you get your information? Many have presented foreign bank statements and letters and scaled through. In fact I will assert that they have more credibility weight given to them than Nigerian banks.
but both of you are saying the same thing na, maybe you should read his statement again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 2:09pm On May 25, 2018
How about Biometric?

jnyuwa02:

If you did biometrics in Abuja, you have to submit passport in Abuja. You can ask Abuja VFS to courier your passport back to you in Lagos when a decision is out without coming back to Abuja. I am not entirely sure though if you win, they still will courier the passport to you with the live visa. Even if they want you to come in person to Abuja if a visa is approved, it be worthwhile journey. Chat a VFS staff up live on their website, they will answer any questions you have. Best of luck!!

Ps: hope you know you can file your application online from the comforts of your room without going anywhere.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Steper4u: 2:10pm On May 25, 2018
Prudento:

Lol these are the countries I have been to; Benin, Togo, Ghana and Côte d'Ivoire

I was born in Côte d'Ivoire and I had almost all my education in Ghana though I'm a Nigerian
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 2:12pm On May 25, 2018
Steper4u:

Lol these are the countries I have been to; Benin, Togo, Ghana and Côte d'Ivoire

I was born in Côte d'Ivoire and I had almost all my education in Ghana though I'm a Nigerian

I said it. Your own delay is explainable. Not like some of us.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Steper4u: 2:16pm On May 25, 2018
Prudento:

I said it. Your own delay is explainable. Not like some of us.

But I thought it was been said that Canadian immigration don't check records with Africans countries only with USA, Australia and other European countries.

When did you apply for your visa since you said you're been delayed too?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 2:19pm On May 25, 2018
Phocusjosh:
How about Biometric?

Good question. You would be called for biometrics. I don’t foresee biometrics causing such delays as the filing of an application. Those in Lagos should report on this live please. If it takes long maybe a trip to the capital and filing paper makes sense. Take excursion and come here North and feed your eyes to beauty that will make you wish you had more than two eyes to seesmiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 2:19pm On May 25, 2018
Steper4u:

But I thought it was been said that Canadian immigration don't check records with Africans countries only with USA, Australia and other European countries.

When did you apply for your visa since you said you're been delayed too?

If they check ur criminal records even at home country, why wouldn't they check other African countries? I hope u know background checks go even as far as checking the authenticity of your employment?
Applied April 11
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Steper4u: 2:25pm On May 25, 2018
Prudento:

If they check ur criminal records even at home country, why wouldn't they check other African countries? I hope u know background checks go even as far as checking the authenticity of your employment?
Applied April 11

Hmm ok

But this my delay is too much since February 17 when the processing time was 6weeks

I'm fed up�
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 2:25pm On May 25, 2018
Uchboggy:
but both of you are saying the same thing na, maybe you should read his statement again

Okay got it!! Thanks man for pointing that out, I thought he said “Does Not”smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 2:27pm On May 25, 2018
Steper4u:

Hmm ok

But this my delay is too much since February 17 when the processing time was 6weeks

I'm fed up�

Take heart my brother, let them do their work. Could be be worse. Having travel history is a mix bag.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 2:33pm On May 25, 2018
I applied online and I didn't use up to an hour at VFS Lagos for my biometrics.
jnyuwa02:

Good question. You would be called for biometrics. I don’t foresee biometrics causing such delays as the filing of an application. Those in Lagos should report on this live please. If it takes long maybe a trip to the capital and filing paper makes sense. Take excursion and come here North and feed your eyes to beauty that will make you wish you had more than two eyes to seesmiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Steper4u: 2:33pm On May 25, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Take heart my brother, let them do their work. Could be be worse. Having travel history is a mix bag.

Thanks bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Josh1996: 2:35pm On May 25, 2018
Good afternoon bosses, for those that applied to university of Ottawa...I just checked my uzone and saw a section with letter of supervisor approval among the list of uploaded documents. Is or was this really same with you guys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 2:49pm On May 25, 2018
Steper4u:

Thanks I will do that. But the days it takes before one gets the GCMS note is discouraging

30 calendar days
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Owoch: 2:53pm On May 25, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Yes, I am applying online but I want to go for my biometrics in Abuja because of the information going around on Lagos vfs. With what u've said concerning going back to Abuja to submit my passport when the time comes, it's best to fight it here in Lagos. Thanks for your response. I appreciate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Owoch: 2:57pm On May 25, 2018
Phocusjosh:

When exactly did you apply please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 2:59pm On May 25, 2018
March 12, 2018.
Owoch:

When exactly did you apply please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Owoch: 3:00pm On May 25, 2018
Phocusjosh:
March 12, 2018.

OH, that's a while ago. Thanks though.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 3:07pm On May 25, 2018
Phocusjosh:

There you go @owoch

Cc:owoch

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by phemmisky(m): 3:07pm On May 25, 2018
Josh1996:
Good afternoon bosses, for those that applied to university of Ottawa...I just checked my uzone and saw a section with letter of supervisor approval among the list of uploaded documents. Is or was this really same with you guys

those that just applied or those that applied and have been admitted?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chisiudeh: 3:35pm On May 25, 2018
In other words, they wont offer you visa more than the expiry date of a persons passport right?
jnyuwa02:

This is the official financial requirement out of Lagos. 3 months of bank statement is the word on the street.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Yuyukoko: 3:45pm On May 25, 2018
jnyuwa02:

On seeing this, I went to check cic.gc.ca but still seeing 4months bank statements, I'm confused now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 3:48pm On May 25, 2018
Prudento:

Applied April 11

I applied April 13th still praying and waiting for final decision as today makes it 6 weeks as stated as the processing time when i applied. I just dey fear but God dey sha...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 3:50pm On May 25, 2018
Yuyukoko:

On seeing this, I went to check cic.gc.ca but still seeing 4months bank statements, I'm confused now.

To be on a safer side please use six months bank statement.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Steper4u: 3:52pm On May 25, 2018
joe10:

I applied April 13th still praying and waiting for final decision as today makes it 6 weeks as stated as the processing time when i applied. I just dey fear but God dey sha...

Nothing to fear bro, let's just be positive, everything will be fine
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 3:52pm On May 25, 2018
joe10:

Has ur eligibility review started?

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.