Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,858 members, 7,851,919 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:20 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (802852 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kylexy61(m): 8:02pm On May 31, 2018
zan1999:
My profile
PhD
University of Manitoba
Application submitted: 17 November 2017
Medical Updated: April 2018
Visa Approved: 31st May 2018
On scholarship

Mighty congrats boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 8:14pm On May 31, 2018
Lotusboi:
Please help ooo. I’m trying to reapply by next week
Submitted 4th April
Applied for MEng Mech
Previous background Bsc Mech. 2:1
Works in a Mortgage Bank as a Project Engineer (5 month) graduated last year
Sponsor personal SOA= 1 million
Properties worth 100 million plus
Owns a Company submitted CAC documents
Personal Treasury Bill of 23 million to Mature Sept
Shares worth 9.2 million
Travel history- Dubai & UK
Rejected 29th May

Can’t wait for gcms cos I need to leave this fall hopefully

But why did you use such a financially constrained sponsor when you yourself are buoyant enough?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 31, 2018
All the financial listings are for the sponsor. By personal, I meant my sponsors personal accounts and treasury bills not the one of his company.

Prudento:

But why did you use such a financially constrained sponsor when you yourself are buoyant enough?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 8:57pm On May 31, 2018
Lotusboi. You haven't told the house the reason(s) why you were delayed. The way it is. Seems you were delayed based on insufficient funds. You only listed Proof of funds here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sogima(f): 9:00pm On May 31, 2018
Martswoll:
My people, my people , I just got my approval email by 11 this morning , Nairaland oooo them know my story !!

Just submitted my passport to VFS , approval came with request !! My application took exactly 3 months on the dot!! Mum knees are really ashy from prayers , the emotional stress is not easy , but keep faith hopefuls!!

Congratulations await my goodnews

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Josh1996: 9:04pm On May 31, 2018
Bosses, in a situation where the profs aren't taking master's student in the field I want to study, what do I do?
And the school (Dalhousie University ) says it's not mandatory to contact supervisors. Do I apply to the same field still or to another
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Josh1996: 9:06pm On May 31, 2018
Congratulations boss..go and make us proud ooo
zan1999:
My profile
PhD
University of Manitoba
Application submitted: 17 November 2017
Medical Updated: April 2018
Visa Approved: 31st May 2018
On scholarship

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 9:06pm On May 31, 2018
Hello Nairalanders,

My school's tuition confirmation deposit is 10kCAD.
My school is advising to get my study permit first then make payment afterward as the 10kcad payment is nonrefundable.
I am stuck in between the step to take.

To pay or not to pay before study permit application submission.

Is there anyone who did not pay any tuition and got study permit approved?

Goingforward.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 31, 2018
Yes sir. Insufficient funds and ‘I am not satisfied you’ll leave Canada based on purpose of visit’ the latter has me really confused tho, but I suspect it has to do with the funds in the account.

Asapant:
Lotusboi. You haven't told the house the reason(s) why you were delayed. The way it is. Seems you were delayed based on insufficient funds. You only listed Proof of funds here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by OFFICIALAEL: 9:21pm On May 31, 2018
Goodday House

My application got rejected today. I am thinking of reapplying since my intended program starts in September. My reason(s) for rejection is (are) stated below;
I am not satisfied that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. With the following ticked, travel history, family ties in Canada and in country of residence and purpose of visit.

I applied for a two year PGD program in computer information tech.
-Studied Maths.statistics undergraduate level
-Paid one year full tuition of 10k
-Had 10k CAD in my dollar acc
-Have three years working experience as IT support with Microsoft certification
-26 years of age
-letter of acceptance, schoolfees receipt
-Personal documents submitted are IELTS, bsc cert, waec, employment letter, letter of introduction from coy, study leave grant, affidavit of return, 2page SOP (was vetted it by a trusted guru), intl PP, birth cert plus that of older siblings (all independent), salary bank statement (abt 200k balance), land gift deed from parents
-Sponsors documents submitted are intl PP, letter from previous employer, retirement letter,personal account statement , fixed deposit statement, land docs, shares doc, letter of support, affidavit of sponsorship

Please with the above information what do you suggest I do as regards reapplying?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 9:41pm On May 31, 2018
I'm sure you wouldn't want to give away your 10k to Dalhousie uni as it's well stated "10k non-refundable"

However, Sir, my best advice for you is to apply for TRV first. Get ur TRV and make your deposit of $10k. You don't need to deposit $10k to Dal uni before you apply for TRV.

N:B Deposit of Tuition before applying for TRV dosen't guaranty TRV

Best
goingforward:
Hello Nairalanders,

My school is advising to get my study permit first then make payment afterward as the 10kcad payment is nonrefundable.

Goingforward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 31, 2018
Congratulations! @Martswoll and @Zan1999
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 9:49pm On May 31, 2018
Asapant:
I'm sure you wouldn't want to give away your 10k to Dalhousie uni as it's well stated "10k non-refundable"

However, Sir, my best advice for you is to apply for TRV first. Get ur TRV and make your deposit of $10k. You don't need to deposit $10k to Dal uni before you apply for TRV.

N:B Deposit of Tuition before applying for TRV dosen't guaranty TRV

Best

Hi @Asapant,

Thanks for your speedy response.
It's not actually Dalhousie university.
It's York University.

Why I am concerned is because I have read on this forum where several people stated that not making any payment of Tuition is not good for ones application.

My question is, if I leave the funds in my account to show the tuition money is available wouldn't it suffice.?

Plus is there anyone who has gotten study permit approved without paying Tuition.?

goingfoward.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Martswoll: 10:02pm On May 31, 2018
kylexy61:

Still, approval is almost guaranteed. They have absolutely no reason to request for your passport if they intend to reject your application. My correspondence letter (approval mail) came after I had submitted my passport.

Alright brother , I wait for the pickup then.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 10:23pm On May 31, 2018
Martswoll:
My people, my people , I just got my approval email by 11 this morning , Nairaland oooo them know my story !!

Just submitted my passport to VFS , approval came with request !! My application took exactly 3 months on the dot!! Mum knees are really ashy from prayers , the emotional stress is not easy , but keep faith hopefuls!!
I told you not to worry that approval will show soon, congratulations. Book your flight asap before price begin to rise ooo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 10:30pm On May 31, 2018
reichwolf:
Hello peeps, this was my previous refusal letter. At the time I was still finishing my MSc Petroleum in the UK & was applying for a 1 year Business Administration program at Medicine Hat College, Alberta.
I’m back home now and I will be applying for an MBA 2 year program in Thompson Rivers Fall 2018.
Can someone tell me how I will draft the SOP to convince the visa officer that I’m coming back?
Order for your GCMS note/CAIP file before your make any other move.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by AKUPSME: 10:33pm On May 31, 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 10:38pm On May 31, 2018
goingforward:
Hello Nairalanders,

Goingforward.
You don't have to pay tuition before applying for trv but make sure the money is in your account,the explain to the vo that you would have loved to pay your tuition fee before applying but your school don't accept tuition fee until trv is secured.
Paying tuition fee doesn't guarantee trv, it only shows to the vo you have funds readily available for your studies.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by AKUPSME: 10:39pm On May 31, 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by OFFICIALAEL: 10:40pm On May 31, 2018
Sorry for the delay Sir,
+ I don't think it's right to call names please. You could kindly edit. [/quote]
Thanks, Okay noted.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 10:40pm On May 31, 2018
Hello bro, sorry bro. From the correspondence letter, you were rejected based on purpose of visit and insufficient finance.

Firstly, to tackle purpose of visit, you have to write a very good statement of purpose because your undergraduate studies and employment are well related with your intended course of study. I will advise you explain into details why MEng Mech?, You will need to prove to the VO that your course has significant employment prospects in Nigeria, you will have to use this to prove your economic ties to Nigeria. Explain how exactly how MEng Mech will help you as a project officer. What is the economic opportunity you are trying to create and harness? Please be as specific as possible. Do some research into various aspects of mechanical engineering in Nigeria and specify how much that aspect of the economy is worth (in USD or CAD) and how exactly your Canada education would enable you to come back to Nigeria and revolutionalize your sector of interest. Go and do research online! Google for World Bank facts, or McKinsey, ADB facts, etc.

Secondly, insufficient finance, this is easy to tackle with well explained analysis of your financials. Create a spreadsheet or table detailing annual expenses vs funds available. This would be a concise summary of all your expenses, and all your sources of funds. It will make it easy for the VO to comprehend your finances. Also, ensure your sponsor declare the specific amount he's releasing for your studies and as well explain the sources of his income. He can as well state how he intends to cope financially with his family after the withdrawals of your tuition and living expenses. Basically, he should include all possible info that the VO may wonder about and back up with evidence.

Your GCMS will give you the exact reason(s) you were denied. Conclusively, follow your guts and involve God in your next application.

It shall end in praise wink smiley

Lotusboi:
Please help ooo. I’m trying to reapply by next week
Submitted 4th April
Applied for MEng Mech
Previous background Bsc Mech. 2:1
Works in a Mortgage Bank as a Project Engineer (5 month) graduated last year
Sponsor personal SOA= 1 million
Properties worth 100 million plus
Owns a Company submitted CAC documents
Personal Treasury Bill of 23 million to Mature Sept
Shares worth 9.2 million
Travel history- Dubai & UK
Rejected 29th May

Can’t wait for gcms cos I need to leave this fall hopefully

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by AKUPSME: 10:40pm On May 31, 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Martswoll: 10:40pm On May 31, 2018
mcobex:
I told you not to worry that approval will show soon, congratulations. Book your flight asap before price begin to rise ooo

Haha abi !! Sharp sharp
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by deboskie(m): 10:41pm On May 31, 2018
I have been following this thread for few months now, from February to be precised.... I started reading with keen interest from Part 11 and I am just catching up LIVE now...lol, though I read through the first three parts of this thread briefly. I can boldly say I have gained from different posts and contributions out here which I believe would help me applying for my study visa soon. God bless everyone that have been contributing selflessly on here and those that contributed in the past but presently busy with studies and other stuffs.

Though I have not applied for my visa not to talk of getting approval but I strongly believe my approval post will come before end of this part 14 but I can advise newbies to try as hard as possible to read through past posts to equip them and to have more understanding about admission and visa processes, Also, to give them the confidence needed to DIY.

I am joining this great family in good FATE.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by OFFICIALAEL: 10:42pm On May 31, 2018
Goodday House

My application got rejected today. I am thinking of reapplying since my intended program starts in September. My reason(s) for rejection is (are) stated below;
I am not satisfied that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. With the following ticked, travel history, family ties in Canada and in country of residence and purpose of visit.

-26 years of age
-Personal documents submitted are IELTS, bsc cert, waec, employment letter, letter of introduction from coy, study leave grant, affidavit of return, 2page SOP (was vetted by a trusted guru), intl PP, birth cert plus that of older siblings (all independent), salary bank statement (abt 200k balance), land gift deed from parents
-Sponsors documents submitted are intl PP, letter from previous employer, retirement letter,personal account statement , fixed deposit statement, land docs, shares doc, letter of support, affidavit of sponsorship

Please with the above information what do you suggest I do as regards reapplying?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 10:42pm On May 31, 2018
OFFICIALAEL:
Goodday House

-26 years of age
-Personal documents submitted are IELTS, bsc cert, waec, employment letter, letter of introduction from coy, study leave grant, affidavit of return, 2page SOP (was vetted it by a trusted guru), intl PP, birth cert plus that of older siblings (all independent), salary bank statement (abt 200k balance), land gift deed from parents

Thanks
Don't be in a hurry, contact your school and let them know your trv app was denied and ask them when is the next available academic session so you can defer your admission. I will strongly advise you order for your GCMS note to know the real reasons behind your denial as that will help you package a better app next time. TRUST ME, THE WAIT WILL BE WORTH IT.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by yetunde84: 10:45pm On May 31, 2018
Hi people,

Do people get rejected after medical request?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 10:48pm On May 31, 2018
The bolded is not true. I will advise you to create a spreadsheet or table detailing annual expenses vs funds available. This would be a concise summary of all your expenses, and all your sources of funds. It will make it easy for the VO to comprehend your finances. Then back up your funds available with your SOA with tuition + living expenses and other expenses as stated in IMM129E Form (Application for study permit made outside of Canada).

It shall end in praise.
goingforward:

Hi @Asapant,

It's York University.

Why I am concerned is because I have read on this forum where several people stated that not making any payment of Tuition is not good for ones application.

My question is, if I leave the funds in my account to show the tuition money is available wouldn't it suffice.?

Plus is there anyone who has gotten study permit approved without paying Tuition.?

goingfoward.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 10:51pm On May 31, 2018
goingforward:

Hi @Asapant,

It's York University.

goingfoward.

I don't think anyone in this forum said "its a must to pay tuition fee before applying for trv" as it is not a must(except in some few cases where the school instruct you to pay full/part of tuition before applying for trv. The advise is these, if for instance you have a sponsor(especially a third party) he/she can either pay your tuition fee or transfer the fund into your account.
NB: Paying tuition fee doesn't guarantee trv, it only tackles the aspect of fund
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by deboskie(m): 10:55pm On May 31, 2018
Medical Passed after a medical request is very close to an approval. But note: Medical passed is NOT an approval until a final decision is made by the VO. I can say it is like 90% close to an approval judging from previous approval testimonies on this thread.
yetunde84:
Hi people,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 10:56pm On May 31, 2018
yetunde84:
Hi people,

Yes they do but it is very rare. Once cic request for an applicant to go for medical there's a 98% or even 99% certainty that the application will be approved but if let's say an applicant did upfront medical, he/she can get medical pass and still get denied(its more of a 50%/50%). The only time I advise people to do upfront is when they don't have much time(applying late) but if not then allow cic to request for it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by yetunde84: 11:08pm On May 31, 2018
mcobex:
Yes they do but it is very rare. Once cic request for an applicant to go for medical there's a 98% or even 99% certainty that the application will be approved but if let's say an applicant did upfront medical, he/she can get medical pass and still get denied(its more of a 50%/50%). The only time I advise people to do upfront is when they don't have much time(applying late) but if not then allow cic to request for it

Cic requested for my nephew's medical exam

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (517)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.