Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,150 members, 7,829,113 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (790555 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by AKUPSME: 10:36pm On Jun 03, 2018
dubaiboy1:
Hi guys.. please I have a question and I hope someone can help out ..

I want to submit my application via paper route .. Do I have to submit the original passport or just the photocopy of it ?

Thank you.
If its a Paper application you have to submit the Original Passport at the vfs office when applying.
Online applications require you scan and upload to your profile at the time of submission

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dubaiboy1: 11:34pm On Jun 03, 2018
Okay bro, thank you and God bless

AKUPSME:
If its a Paper application you have to submit the Original Passport at the vfs office when applying.
Online applications require you scan and upload to your profile at the time of submission
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chisiudeh: 12:09am On Jun 04, 2018
Please is the Reference letter addressed To whom it may concerned??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Twallace: 12:30am On Jun 04, 2018
reichwolf:

Actually my SOP and Dad's authorisation altogether is only 5 pages. The remaining 11 pages are scans of passport, visa stamps for other countries and payment receipt for first semester tuition.

The fact is that I want to ace this visa application. I'm so tense these days. But I rest my faith in GOD.

Hello sir.

I feel you don't know what SOP is or you are not using the right words or arranging them well. It seems like you are referring to your entire supporting documents as SOP.

SOP is just the ESSAY part. From this your last post, it seems it is only 4 pages. Others ones you are talking about (visa stamps, receipts, passports) are not SOP. Instead, they are supporting documents.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 2:11am On Jun 04, 2018
i am student applying for study permit, i want my family to accompany me, my wife, 2 children less than 4 years, which form will i use to apply for them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Aallizzwellwole: 5:48am On Jun 04, 2018
Pls, gurus in the house, good day to you all... Pls I need a little clarification.

**How long does it take for passport to be dispatched from the embassy after the final decision had been made**

I submitted a paper application, and later linked it with online account. On the 10th of May I:e last month, I received a notification that the application was refused through the online account and up till now the passport hasn't been dispatched from the embassy and when ever I tracked it, it always shows the submission date which the application was submitted. The application is going to four months now. This is my third application, in which have been answered all the questions thrown on to me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 6:46am On Jun 04, 2018
Aallizzwellwole:
Pls, gurus in the house, good day to you all... Pls I need a little clarification.

**How long does it take for passport to be dispatched from the embassy after the final decision had been made**

I submitted a paper application, and later linked it with online account. On the 10th of May I:e last month, I received a notification that the application was refused through the online account and up till now the passport hasn't been dispatched from the embassy and when ever I tracked it, it always shows the submission date which the application was submitted. The application is going to four months now. This is my third application, in which have been answered all the questions thrown on to me.
Sorry for the delay, your passport should have been dispatched by now. Find time and visit VFS to collect it, though they should have mailed or text you to come for it but sometimes it takes them longer period to do that(even when they have it there). If you live in the same state to the VFS office you applied from then feel free to stop by there any time(Mondays-Fridays) or you mail VFS to ask if it is with them before going
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 8:04am On Jun 04, 2018
Please what do i need to take along to VFS for my Biometrics?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ayoadefantastic: 8:14am On Jun 04, 2018
mightyola:
Please what do i need to take along to VFS for my Biometrics?

2 copies of passport data page, your passport and tge biometrics confirmation letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by fash2018: 8:41am On Jun 04, 2018
I want to thank God for TRV approval. I got medical passed and approval email at the same time this morning.

I have been a silent reader of this forum.

House how do I submit my International passport for stamping.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ladyb4sure(f): 8:48am On Jun 04, 2018
Someone trying to pull my spirit down by saying embassy doesn't give visa to someone of 33years going for PGD embarassed I weak. She said chance are very low.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lemia(m): 8:48am On Jun 04, 2018
fash2018:
I want to thank God for TRV approval. I got medical passed and approval email at the same time this morning.

Congrats boss!

When did you apply?

kindly share your profile!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kinfinity007: 8:56am On Jun 04, 2018
fash2018:

congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sogima(f): 9:05am On Jun 04, 2018
fash2018:

Congratulations dear, when did you Apply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 9:24am On Jun 04, 2018
Wow........Congrats!!!. Kindly share your profile
fash2018:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by reichwolf: 9:52am On Jun 04, 2018
fash2018:

Congratulations Sir/Madam
Are we not serving a living God? He shall always make a way. Which school are you heading to?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by drhammed: 10:08am On Jun 04, 2018
fash2018:

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by fash2018: 10:11am On Jun 04, 2018
Long Post Alert!!!

I am a software developer. six years working experience.

I am a self sponsored.

Submitted April 5th (online)
Biometric April 6th
Medical Call - May 29 and passed June 4
approval - June 4

M.Eng Information System Security (Concordia University, Montreal)

Documents:
All IMM Forms
CAQ
My offer letter
My education degree ,transcript and certification
Marriage certificate and my birth certificate
IELTS Result
My CV (clearly shows past employments and date without gap)
letter of introduction from two employers with six months payslips(Permanent and Temporary)
Letter of introductions and six month statement from two banks (my salary account)
My Staff ID Card(Permanent Job)
Affidavit of gift from my brother(I attached his staff ID card and Permanent voters card, deposited cheque paid into my account)

POF
I submitted investment letter(stated total amount available in CAD). I did not withdraw the money throughout the process.

Travel History
Malaysia(social)

SOP
I followed the recommendations stated in this forum, I had it reviewed by bbclue and other people outside the forum.

Fund available for study
I stated the total amount in my investment letter (to cover living expenses and tuition for 2 years)

Cost of Room, Board and others
I left it blank (I don't no it actually)

Above all fasting and prayers!!

Thanks

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dubaiboy1: 10:25am On Jun 04, 2018
Congrats.

fash2018:
Long Post Alert!!!

I am a self sponsored.

Biometric April 6th
approval - June 4

Documents:
All IMM Forms
CAQ
My offer letter
IELTS Result
letter of introduction from two employers with six months payslips(Permanent and Temporary)
Letter of introductions and six month statement from two banks (my salary account)
Affidavit of gift from my brother(I attached his staff ID card and Permanent voters card, deposited cheque paid into my account)

POF
I submitted investment letter(stated total amount available in CAD). I did not withdraw the money throughout the process.

Travel History
Malaysia(social)

SOP
I followed the recommendations stated in this forum, I had it reviewed by bbclue and other people outside the forum.

Fund available for study
I stated the total amount in my investment letter (to cover living expenses and tuition for 2 years)

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 11:04am On Jun 04, 2018
Print out the Passport request letter and your Passport, submit at the VFS office you did your biometric. Congrats once again!!!

fash2018:
Long Post Alert!!!

I am a self sponsored.

Biometric April 6th
approval - June 4

Documents:
All IMM Forms
CAQ
My offer letter
IELTS Result

POF

Travel History
Malaysia(social)

SOP

Fund available for study

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kunleoyad: 11:12am On Jun 04, 2018
Please I need help concearning Seneca College,will I need to write SOP,get referees cos its not indicated on the school site.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by codeplace(m): 11:23am On Jun 04, 2018
Thanks

bbclue:

I think is 2 reference letter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by JoseJonn(f): 12:01pm On Jun 04, 2018
fash2018:
Long Post Alert!!!

I am a self sponsored.

Biometric April 6th
approval - June 4

Documents:
All IMM Forms
CAQ
My offer letter
IELTS Result

POF

Travel History
Malaysia(social)

SOP

Fund available for study

Thanks

Might mighty congrats dear!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chisiudeh: 12:55pm On Jun 04, 2018
Congratulations.

fash2018:
Long Post Alert!!!

I am a self sponsored.

Biometric April 6th
approval - June 4

Documents:
All IMM Forms
CAQ
My offer letter
IELTS Result

POF

Travel History
Malaysia(social)

SOP

Fund available for study

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 12:55pm On Jun 04, 2018
Congratulations! I tap into this speed and grace.

fash2018:
Long Post Alert!!!

I am a self sponsored.

Biometric April 6th
approval - June 4

Documents:
All IMM Forms
CAQ
My offer letter
IELTS Result

POF

Travel History
Malaysia(social)

SOP

Fund available for study

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by odimbannamdi(m): 1:01pm On Jun 04, 2018
chrisraph:

I think its exorbitant oooo... official docs are meant to be brief, it might get boring for the VO,

Besides you might use your words to deny yourself visa sef when u explain non relevant points.. I think three pages is cool if its bigger reduce fonts to 12 (standard font size).

ChrisRaph the 042 blogger... grin grin grin

You dey hustle for here sef?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 2:35pm On Jun 04, 2018
IF YOU INCLUDE AN AFFIDAVIT O RETURN WITH YOUR APPLICATION AND WAS REFUSED, AFTER ADDRESSING THE VO's CONCERNS,
When submitting visa applications, it may be helpful to draw their attention to a declaration stating that you understand the nature of temporary entry, and that you will not overstay. As the Federal Court noted in Zhang v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2014 FC 499:

''It is apparent that the visa officer has also failed to consider any other reasons raised by the applicant to support her claim that she would return to the PRC. For example, her study plan states that her fiancé lives in China, he owns his own business there and he has purchased an apartment in her name. The applicant’s declaration explains that her fiancé is not interested in living abroad but that her study “is also one part of the preparation for our future career; therefore I will not stay in Canada for long term” (see para VI of the declaration, Applicant’s Record [AR] at 28). The declaration also states that the applicant plans to have a family in China and to take care of her parents there and that she understands the repercussions of failing to leave Canada (at paras VII and IX, AR at 28-29). As stated in Cao v Canada (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration), 2010 FC 941 at para 13 [Cao], “[t]he decision to submit the applicant’s declaration is not a banal gesture. The declaration is a clear statement that the applicant understand the consequences of overstaying his welcome in Canada, and for this reason, it will not happen.”

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by AKUPSME: 2:53pm On Jun 04, 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 3:41pm On Jun 04, 2018
fash2018:
Long Post Alert!!!

I am a self sponsored.

Biometric April 6th
approval - June 4

Documents:
All IMM Forms
CAQ
My offer letter
IELTS Result

POF

Travel History
Malaysia(social)

SOP

Fund available for study

Thanks

Congratulations fash oooooooo. .............so happy for you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by fash2018: 4:02pm On Jun 04, 2018
bbclue:

Congratulations fash oooooooo. .............so happy for you

Thank you and thanks everyone.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 5:01pm On Jun 04, 2018
fash2018:
Long Post Alert!!!

I am a self sponsored.

Biometric April 6th
approval - June 4

Documents:
All IMM Forms
CAQ
My offer letter
IELTS Result

POF

Travel History
Malaysia(social)

SOP

Fund available for study

Thanks

I am happy for you... Go and experience a brand new life in Canada. Congratulations

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.