Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,428 members, 7,836,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (795468 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Sisiekohats10(f): 5:44pm On Jun 04, 2018
Hello everyone my sis whom we applied together kust got refused study visa.
how do we get her passport back please?
What should she do next?
how can she see reasons why she was refused too?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 5:56pm On Jun 04, 2018
Sisiekohats10:
What should she do next?

Thanks

Let her track the application at vfs website. If they have dispatched the passport she can pick it up. When did she apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dwebb55: 6:09pm On Jun 04, 2018
Good evening house.
How do I go about dropping off my passport and doing my biometrics? Do I need to book for an appointment before going and where do I do the drop off?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Goldenegg: 6:18pm On Jun 04, 2018
Big congrats.

fash2018:
Long Post Alert!!!

I am a software developer. six years working experience.

I am a self sponsored.

Submitted April 5th (online)
Biometric April 6th
Medical Call - May 29 and passed June 4
approval - June 4

M.Eng Information System Security (Concordia University, Montreal)

Documents:
All IMM Forms
CAQ
My offer letter
My education degree ,transcript and certification
Marriage certificate and my birth certificate
IELTS Result
My CV (clearly shows past employments and date without gap)
letter of introduction from two employers with six months payslips(Permanent and Temporary)
Letter of introductions and six month statement from two banks (my salary account)
My Staff ID Card(Permanent Job)
Affidavit of gift from my brother(I attached his staff ID card and Permanent voters card, deposited cheque paid into my account)

POF
I submitted investment letter(stated total amount available in CAD). I did not withdraw the money throughout the process.

Travel History
Malaysia(social)

SOP
I followed the recommendations stated in this forum, I had it reviewed by bbclue and other people outside the forum.

Fund available for study
I stated the total amount in my investment letter (to cover living expenses and tuition for 2 years)

Cost of Room, Board and others
I left it blank (I don't no it actually)

Above all fasting and prayers!!

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by olumzy1993: 6:44pm On Jun 04, 2018
Hello house. I am new here and this is my first post.
I am 26 years old. I just applied for a bachelor's degree in film making. Though I have a degree here in Nigeria in estate management but I want to change my career line and I don't want to do it here in Nigeria. My question goes thus
1. When applying for my visa, do I need to notify them that o have a degree before
2. I am planning to get married next month would I be allowed to bring my spouse after 6 months
3. I only have my first year school fees, how feasible is it to be able to pay for my tuition fees for d reaming Two years with my wife's Assistant
4. Would nine million naira statement of bank account be enough to apply for visa?
5.the school excempt Nigeria from IELTS, I hope I can apply for visa without it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by CanadianNurse: 6:46pm On Jun 04, 2018
kylexy61:

CanadianNurse!! Great to hear from you again. One of the few who has chosen to come back after landing in Cannyland.

How's Winnipeg my boss?
Winnipeg Is chilled and we pushing everyday
E no easy but oluwa dey

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by CanadianNurse: 6:48pm On Jun 04, 2018
mcobex:
At last the ORACLE has showed up grin grin grin
How's Mapleland treating you bro? Good to hear from you again.
boss which Kyn oracle? I’m here to learn more sef
Maple land is very good and not easy but god is helping us do it
How’s your end ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chrisraph(m): 7:33pm On Jun 04, 2018
odimbannamdi:

ChrisRaph the 042 blogger... grin grin grin

You dey hustle for here sef?

hahahaha big bro... I just stormed this page no ooo I say make I read up Longest time bruh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Martswoll: 7:34pm On Jun 04, 2018
It’s the travel history guy again ooo... submitted my passport last Thursday immediately after getting my passport request letter. Today I tracked and it’s ready for collection.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 8:42pm On Jun 04, 2018
HiSignature:
As highlighted in your GCMS note and rightly pointed out by JoseJonn, get you a course related to your previous diploma degree and work experience. Physics just does not seem in line with your history

Oga is not a must you get related course....see if you can convince the v.o of your diversion to another course....men you go enter Canada....all it need is well suited explanation and I think your sop need small touch light......since your father is your sponsor it goes well.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 9:05pm On Jun 04, 2018
reichwolf:
Hello guys, please just a little inquiry:
What do you think of an SOP of 18 pages;

- 4 pages is me talking about why I’m doing an MBA, and detailing my visa history and funding

- 7 pages is me showing scans of my current and previous passports, my UK residence permit for when I was a student over there, and other stamps for other countries I’ve visited

- 2 pages is scans of my engineering BSc and MSc

- 2 pages for my TRU admission letter and Payment receipt of First semester tuition

- 3 pages for my dad’s authorisation letter, a scan of his passport & my birth certificate

I was denied the Canada student visa once, so this time I want to be perfect at the SOP.
Thanks for any output from you all.

Chai this thrend Don suffer small...even v.o go dey sleep for 18 page sop...abeg I no plan to joke ooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lemia(m): 9:11pm On Jun 04, 2018
Sisiekohats10:
What should she do next?

Thanks

when did she apply

drop her full profile
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hurricanesgrace: 9:13pm On Jun 04, 2018
Good evening gurus in the houx,
I need assistance plz.
Am trying to link up my application online. The thing is I had created an account which I used in my previous application. My question now is Can I still use the same account to link a fresh application and if its possible plz how do I go about it. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 9:14pm On Jun 04, 2018
Lemia:

when did she apply

drop her full profile

She asked a questions that needs answer.......and you are doing the questions back......what does her profile got to do with Wat she asked....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 9:24pm On Jun 04, 2018
That person that is helping her sister

What you will do is if you submit paper route.....check your email...inbox or spam....and if is up to two week since the refusal came in kindly go to vfs with the collection receipt they gave u when u submitted .....

Or if it is online you did....u can wait for them to send you an email or text message that your process passport has been dispatched....

.or you can check through Google search....how to track my application through vfs.......or vfs...it will show u if it is dispatched or not. ...is the simplest

But before then u can order for your gcms note online so you can know the actual refusal reasons....

Then after your gcmsnote come out....come here and asked your questions it will be solved

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lemia(m): 9:43pm On Jun 04, 2018
bbclue:

She asked a questions that needs answer.......and you are doing the questions back......what does her profile got to do with Wat she asked....

it has a lot to do with the end game which is for her to reapply and get the visa.

knowing her profile would give suggestions on what went wrong and how best to go about it while she awaits gcms notes.

And it's obviously a paper application. Only paper applicants drop their passport alongside their visa application.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sunshine4q: 9:43pm On Jun 04, 2018
Hello House,

Please, I want your advice and guidance. My sister is about to apply for Canadian student Permit. She was admitted to study for Post Graduate Certificate. However, the major thing is that she wants to take her children with her. The three of them are 11 years old, 11 years old and 7 years old. What should she do? Thanks for your help in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 9:56pm On Jun 04, 2018
Lemia:

it has a lot to do with the end game which is for her to reapply and get the visa.

knowing her profile would give suggestions on what went wrong and how best to go about it while she awaits gcms notes.

And it's obviously a paper application. Only paper applicants drop their passport alongside their visa application.

Make my data no finished I dey look for who to sub me....well I still insist u read her questions...
I go score you for the paper application u get 1 over 4....

When they refused someone visit una go say share your profile first

Them go approved visa. ..next share your profile....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 10:02pm On Jun 04, 2018
Any February/March Applicant(s) yet to get response from CIC?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by HiSignature: 11:33pm On Jun 04, 2018
I doubt if the person who asked the question will get to see your comment.
No one is saying that it is not possible to change to another course entirely, but have you checked the note he uploaded? The VO clearly stated that as a reason hence the advice as given by JoseJon which i supported.
It is all advice here, there aint any blue print. Everyman to his own.

bbclue:

Oga is not a must you get related course....see if you can convince the v.o of your diversion to another course....men you go enter Canada....all it need is well suited explanation and I think your sop need small touch light......since your father is your sponsor it goes well.....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hurricanesgrace: 1:21am On Jun 05, 2018
Someone plz help me out. Thanks

hurricanesgrace:
Good evening gurus in the houx,
I need assistance plz.
Am trying to link up my application online. The thing is I had created an account which I used in my previous application. My question now is Can I still use the same account to link a fresh application and if its possible plz how do I go about it. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lemia(m): 2:06am On Jun 05, 2018
bbclue:

Make my data no finished I dey look for who to sub me....well I still insist u read her questions...
I go score you for the paper application u get 1 over 4....

When they refused someone visit una go say share your profile first

Them go approved visa. ..next share your profile....

Loooool.

The reason we ask for them to share their profile is simple.

When an applicant gets approved, the profile shows us exactly how they put together their application which led to an approval. Such information can prove to be highly valuable to prospective applicants who may be in similar situations as the recently approved person.

Also, when someone gets refused, sharing their profile tells you exactly what they did and when we compare that to the knowledge of approved guys we know, we can find out the missing pieces.

So yeah, approved or not, we advise them to share their profile!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sogima(f): 4:50am On Jun 05, 2018
Phocusjosh:
Any February/March Applicant(s) yet to get response from CIC?

Yes March 9 submitted and medical April 30
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bluegirl080115: 7:30am On Jun 05, 2018
fash2018:
Long Post Alert!!!

I am a software developer. six years working experience.

I am a self sponsored.

Submitted April 5th (online)
Biometric April 6th
Medical Call - May 29 and passed June 4
approval - June 4

M.Eng Information System Security (Concordia University, Montreal)

Documents:
All IMM Forms
CAQ
My offer letter
My education degree ,transcript and certification
Marriage certificate and my birth certificate
IELTS Result
My CV (clearly shows past employments and date without gap)
letter of introduction from two employers with six months payslips(Permanent and Temporary)
Letter of introductions and six month statement from two banks (my salary account)
My Staff ID Card(Permanent Job)
Affidavit of gift from my brother(I attached his staff ID card and Permanent voters card, deposited cheque paid into my account)

POF
I submitted investment letter(stated total amount available in CAD). I did not withdraw the money throughout the process.

Travel History
Malaysia(social)

SOP
I followed the recommendations stated in this forum, I had it reviewed by bbclue and other people outside the forum.

Fund available for study
I stated the total amount in my investment letter (to cover living expenses and tuition for 2 years)

Cost of Room, Board and others
I left it blank (I don't no it actually)

Above all fasting and prayers!!

Thanks

Congrats fash2018. Your sop was brilliant and the way you presented your financial strength was mind blowing. Congrats once again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MrsDaniels(f): 8:18am On Jun 05, 2018
Hello @Justwise Longest time Dear, its me Mrsdaniels please need a very big help &clarification over Canadian Study permit and Sowp. Please I & my hubby want to apply in the Uk for Study permit and spouse open work permit at once because I and my hubby been residing here for 2years now and then got admission for a Fashion Marketing course of 1year which is inclusive of a Co-op program to be done. Please @justwise @frank1 and others what forms are to be submitted and where can i get the correct forms downloaded from please. As have tried but it kept taking me to the page on CIC for one who wants to apply in Canada and not outside Canada. And please what are the documents needed for my hubby to submit alongside mine ? And do we need to do the medical test too? Please can you reply asap. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by olaheritage(m): 8:41am On Jun 05, 2018
eduwalt communication Nigeria(ewc) is a Canada educational consulting firm with over 7years in Nigeria and 40yrs in Canada..are u interested in going to Canada for undergraduate or masters programme @ ewc we can help you secure admission into one of our affiliated schools which includes university of regina, university of Manitoba,memorial university,Winnipeg university and Seneca college.Benefit to derive from ewc are no service fee u
ntil ur admission and visa is fully granted,Canada work permit while u school,access to student loan in Canada,tuition fee payable in Canada and lots more.for more info pls call or chat 07062033485 you can as well visit our website to confirm our authenticity at www.ewc.com.ng

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 8:44am On Jun 05, 2018
olumzy1993:
Hello house. I am new here and this is my first post.
I am 26 years old. I just applied for a bachelor's degree in film making. Though I have a degree here in Nigeria in estate management but I want to change my career line and I don't want to do it here in Nigeria. My question goes thus
1. When applying for my visa, do I need to notify them that o have a degree before
2. I am planning to get married next month would I be allowed to bring my spouse after 6 months
3. I only have my first year school fees, how feasible is it to be able to pay for my tuition fees for d reaming Two years with my wife's Assistant
4. Would nine million naira statement of bank account be enough to apply for visa?
5.the school excempt Nigeria from IELTS, I hope I can apply for visa without it.
olumzy1993,

1-) If you should conceal the fact that you already have a degree in Canada, how do you intend to cover up your study gaps for the past 4 years while at the University and a year mandatory NYSC program.... Which amounted to 5 years study gap?.

2-) Yes you can bring in your spouse through SOWP (Spousal open work permit) when you've successfully acquired your TRV.

3-) At first, you need to show POF for your first year tuition and living expenses and have some left for your sponsor. In addition, You will certify the VO that funds will be made available for the subsequent years of study from your guarantor.

4-) 9M is good to an extent... But it boils down to the total sum of your first year expenses in Canada and the number of dependants your sponsor has, will also be put into consideration. The more dependants your sponsor has, the more funds he/she needs to show/declare.

5-) You don't need IELTS before applying for your visa.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Martswoll: 9:25am On Jun 05, 2018
MY people !!!!

Just picked my passport from VFS with visa stamped �!!
Safe to say the travel history guy is adding another travel history to his travel history lol !

Thanks to everyone here !! Y’all are family !

For my hopefuls and my friend denied don’t give up, what will be will be !!

21 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by pemilabelle: 9:34am On Jun 05, 2018
Good morning Fam.........

Please Guru's in the house, I am trying to establish TIES to Nigeria. The VO stated he/she wasn't convinced I'll leave at the end of my studies.

Do these guys(VO) get to call the organizations one work with to confirm study leave letters? I submitted a letter of introduction in my previous application. Don't know if they can give me a study leave letter.....

What else can i use to to prove TIES? I am single. Meanwhile, I got a deed of gift (land) from my dad.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 9:43am On Jun 05, 2018
Martswoll:
MY people !!!!

Safe to say the travel history guy is adding another travel history to his travel history lol !

Great day for you. Congrats!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by esefrancis: 9:50am On Jun 05, 2018
Martswoll:
MY people !!!!

Please i have been trying to track my application. Submitted online. But saying no record found. Its been exactly 1 months since i did biometrics and got a mail that it has been transfered to vsf Lagos. How long did yours take before you were able to track yours
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Martswoll: 9:54am On Jun 05, 2018
esefrancis:

Please i have been trying to track my application. Submitted online. But saying no record found. Its been exactly 1 months since i did biometrics and got a mail that it has been transfered to vsf Lagos. How long did yours take before you were able to track yours

You won’t be able to see anything on VFS portal when you track, that’s why you need to monitor your application via your online account.

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (517)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.