Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,073 members, 7,835,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (231) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (795077 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 9:17am On Jun 23, 2018
lummy11:

Thanks
please this is the profile for my reapplication.I was rejected based on insufficient funds after i recieved my gcms note. will be reapplying august.

new Admission letter
Sop
Sponsors SOA 21m (sponsor is my dad)
Sponsors affidavit of support
Cic forms
Landed property documents
Letter of employment
Transcript
Police report
Nysc certificate
lummy11,

At this juncture, what will work best is paying up your full tuition and having funds in a dorm account for your first year living expenses, this will go a long run in addressing insufficient available funds.
Also, let your dad state how much he that will be made available for you, per each academic year in his affidavit of sponsorship.
Lastly, I won't advise you to reapply by August against September resumption, taking into account the 9 weeks processing times for Nigerian applicants. Doing so, you're indirectly asking them to refuse your application. What most people don't seem to understand is that, whenever you apply late for study permit, there are high tendency of getting a refusal because you're not giving them enough time to process your study permit application. The ideal time is applying early or at least 3-4 months before school resumption, giving them enough time to process your visa. Therefore, going for winter will help your case.

This is my advise for you!
All the best!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 9:51am On Jun 23, 2018
Bieber78:
Guys please help me
This is my gcms notes , please help me out I need you guys opinion on the notes , so that I can apply again. Pls
Bieber78,

Sorry about the outcome of your application brother.

From the GCMS note you shared, the Visa officer is clearly pointing at your SOP.
First, simply start by explaining why your proposed program in Canada is reasonable considering the high cost of international students and difficulty of undertaking a foreign education i.e why leaving your family members for a very long period of time in pursuit of academic excellence. Why you decide to complete this course of study in Canada rather than Nigeria, that would not warrant paying exorbitant international students fee.

Secondly, present a justifiable reasons to why you should leave Canada at the completion of your studies. Here your home ties comes into play, Absence of adequate ties to your home country can impact chances adversely as this may raise doubts on your intent to return home after completing your studies. Putting into consideration that you're still at a very young age 19years old, having an established family in your home country with ownership of properties and other assets will be sufficient to prove family ties.
Explain extensively how your intended program will be of paramount benefit to you as a person, to your family business (how you decide to take up the business to a preeminent height in the nearest future) and also how it will be of good impact to your nation as a whole.

Do the above in your next application and you will smile with victory.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jewel80(f): 10:15am On Jun 23, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

lummy11,

At this juncture, what will work best is paying up your full tuition and having funds in a dorm account for your first year living expenses, this will go a long run in addressing insufficient available funds.
Also, let your dad state how much he that will be made available for you, per each academic year in his affidavit of sponsorship.
Lastly, I won't advise you to reapply by August against September resumption, taking into account the 9 weeks processing times for Nigerian applicants. Doing so, you're indirectly asking them to refuse your application. What most people don't seem to understand is that, whenever you apply late for study permit, there are high tendency of getting a refusal because you're not giving them enough time to process your study permit application. The ideal time is applying early or at least 3-4 months before school resumption, giving them enough time to process your visa. Therefore, going for winter will help your case.

All the best!

Please can you tell why refusal on the bases of insufficient fund when his sponsor is father with SOA of 21m as closing balance? I cant seem to place that right
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by swisster: 10:36am On Jun 23, 2018
please those that went to lagos vfs off recent help me out, i want to knw if d crowd is still very much der,
Am planning on coming for my biometric on Monday. is it going to b possible for me to do it dat same day.

Thank u.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vivicintia(f): 10:37am On Jun 23, 2018
Please can I get info on this.

To apply for study permit into UBC - University of British Columbia, there is a non-refundable application fee to the school which is 1.4m.

Please if visa is not granted , will this money be refunded?

If not please what's the way out because the money is a lot.

Thanks all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:03am On Jun 23, 2018
Jewel80:

Please can you tell why refusal on the bases of insufficient fund when his sponsor is father with SOA of 21m as closing balance? I cant seem to place that right
Jewel80,

Nice question to ask!

As we all know, CIC clearly states that sponsor's are required to provide proof of adequate finances only for the first year of study. Yet, applications often get rejected after presenting a huge bank statement of 21M because the visa officer suspected financial insufficiency. Thus, only focusing on the first year as stated by CIC may not be sufficient. Ideally, the father (sponsor) can increase the applicant chances of getting an approval by showing proof of adequate finances for more than 1-year, even though this was not expressly indicated by CIC as being the requirement for a study permit. Therefore, CIC puts into consideration the sponsor (father) probability of being able to fund the applicant future years of study in Canada.

The number of factors CIC will look at to be sure that there are high probability of future funding are namely:
1-) The father's employment/business and financial resources (earnings).
2-) The father's willingness and motivation to support the applicant (son), which boils down to the rationality nature of the sponsor's letter of sponsorship.
3-) The father's financial establishment e:g investments, landed properties, building's, shares etc.. in home country.
4-) The applicant access to the stated 21M bank statement in the father's account.
5-) Additionally, If it's a company account, a cover letter from the bank will suffice, indicating that the sponsor is the sole signatory to the account.

I hope the above goes a long way to provide clarity to your question. Feel free to ask more, If the need arises.

Thank you!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Josh1996: 11:51am On Jun 23, 2018
Please to those who got admitted to Dalhousie University and University of Ottawa. Please how long does it take to get a response to your admission application.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dubaiboy1: 12:24pm On Jun 23, 2018
Dalhousie UG ... My application took 12 days.

Josh1996:
Please to those who got admitted to Dalhousie University and University of Ottawa. Please how long does it take to get a response to your admission application.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by lummy11: 12:32pm On Jun 23, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

lummy11,

All the best!

I have deferred my admission and i was given a new admission for summer intake (may).Am applying against may 2019
I will make plans to pay part of the tuition and open a dorm account for my living expenses
Thanks so much

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dolzz: 12:41pm On Jun 23, 2018
vivicintia:
Please can I get info on this.

To apply for study permit into UBC - University of British Columbia, there is a non-refundable application fee to the school which is 1.4m.

Please if visa is not granted , will this money be refunded?

If not please what's the way out because the money is a lot.

Thanks all

Hello. How did you come about this info? I also got admission to UBC and I have applied for my study permit but didn't need to pay any sum to UBC for study permit. But if the info is correct, you'll need to send an email to UBC to find out about the refund.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Engrappacino1: 1:06pm On Jun 23, 2018
Please gurus in the house the letter from my sponsor which is my aunty must it be an affidavit or just reference letter?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 1:10pm On Jun 23, 2018
Jewel80:

Sometimes it's not just about having the money in the account, the sponsor needs to clearly how much he will be committing towards study, his source of funds, his dependants(apart from the applicants), how he intend paying for the following year(and beyond)..... Just like @Frank said, I will advise the dad to pay tuition fee(except if the school don't accept it until trv is approved) and also transfer funds to applicant's account. These VOs are making things harder for applicants from Nigeria by the day, so you need to convince them beyond reasonable doubt.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jewel80(f): 1:14pm On Jun 23, 2018
Am guessing applicant went for a master's program ryt? So you're saying that 21M was probably not enough to cover both tuition and living expenses for 2years? How can that be?

Frankrobbn1:

Jewel80,

Nice question to ask!

As we all know, CIC clearly states that sponsor's are required to provide proof of adequate finances only for the first year of study. Yet, applications often get rejected after presenting a huge bank statement of 21M because the visa officer suspected financial insufficiency. Thus, only focusing on the first year as stated by CIC may not be sufficient. Ideally, the father (sponsor) can increase the applicant chances of getting an approval by showing proof of adequate finances for more than 1-year, even though this was not expressly indicated by CIC as being the requirement for a study permit. Therefore, CIC puts into consideration the sponsor (father) probability of being able to fund the applicant future years of study in Canada.

The number of factors CIC will look at to be sure that there are high probability of future funding are namely:
1-) The father's employment/business and financial resources (earnings).
2-) The father's willingness and motivation to support the applicant (son), which boils down to the rationality nature of the sponsor's letter of sponsorship.
3-) The father's financial establishment e:g investments, landed properties, building's, shares etc.. in home country.
4-) The applicant access to the stated 21M bank statement in the father's account.
5-) Additionally, If it's a company account, a cover letter from the bank will suffice, indicating that the sponsor is the sole signatory to the account.

I hope the above goes a long way to provide clarity to your question. Feel free to ask more, If the need arises.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jewel80(f): 1:20pm On Jun 23, 2018
mcobex:
Sometimes it's not just about having the money in the account, the sponsor needs to clearly how much he will be committing towards study, his source of funds, his dependants(apart from the applicants), how he intend paying for the following year(and beyond)..... Just like @Frank said, I will advise the dad to pay tuition fee(except if the school don't accept it until trv is approved) and also transfer funds to applicant's account. These VOs are making things harder for applicants from Nigeria by the day, so you need to convince them beyond reasonable doubt.

Ok. Just being this inquisitive because my sponsor who is my dad paid my full tuition and transferred living expenses to my account just for one academic year. Then his SOA has closing balance of just 8M. My program is 20months. I hope God works his miracle for me.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 1:44pm On Jun 23, 2018
Jewel80:

Ok. Just being this inquisitive because my sponsor who is my dad paid my full tuition and transferred living expenses to my account just for one academic year. Then his SOA has closing balance of just 8M. My program is 20months. I hope God works his miracle for me.
You are good to go, make sure he shows his source of income(it is very important).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jewel80(f): 1:50pm On Jun 23, 2018
mcobex:
You are good to go, make sure he shows his source of income(it is very important).

Yes i did. CAC docs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 23, 2018
MichyEhi:

You can use 4 months.

Please make sure it’s stamped by the bank.

Thanks wink
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 3:08pm On Jun 23, 2018
Omonoba1981:

Does that mean going the paper way, seems to be better!

Online route is better during the high season period. VFS does send all your docs to Nairobi or Ghana. What they do is to scan the basic docs to them leaving behind many vital docs that explain certain areas of application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by abestine(m): 4:32pm On Jun 23, 2018
swisster:
please those that went to lagos vfs off recent help me out, i want to knw if d crowd is still very much der,
Am planning on coming for my biometric on Monday. is it going to b possible for me to do it dat same day.

Thank u.
my advice is either go to Abuja Visa Office or do online. because the policy in Lagos now is that you book an appointment for submission first before you can submit or do biometric... Ire o!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 5:32pm On Jun 23, 2018
@Frankrobbn1 and other gurus in the house please I need your advise/contributions.

I was recently refused study permit on the ground of 'purpose of visit'. The VO is not convinced that I will leave Canada after my study.

Profile:
School: CPAWSB Alberta Province

Fees: I did not pay a din as it is stated on my acceptance letter that I must a study/work permit before I can register for the program and enroll for courses.

Previous Study: Graduate in Accounting and presently in the final stage of ICAN. Also i have 4yrs work experience in Accounting/Auditing.

Sponsor: Elder brother who provided 7 months bank statement of N25m closing balance. Though the VO did not tick insufficient fund as one of the reasons for denial(The only reason for denial is purpose of visit and am very sure that in my gcms note the VO must question why I want to take such professional program program in Canada at a high cost when I can take similar program here in Nigeria.)
Also, I plan to state in my next application that my elder brother does not have child yet(dependant).

Questions:
1. ICAN syllabus list Canada CPA as one of the professional bodies that can get direct membership with CPA designation. Pls can I print and attach this page in my next application to show that I will return to Nigeria to barge ACA designation with CPA designation?

2. Can I also include evidence of rental income that my wife and kid would use to sustain themselves while I am away? Can that boost my eligibility chances 'Purpose of visit'?

3. My online status already shows that I passed medical test, completed biometrics and background checks completed also that I failed eligible review.
In my next application, am I still expected to do another medical and biometrics? Also, will the next VO concentrate only on my eligibility review or start over from the beginning? I asked because I plan to present more proofs/points that I am eligible to study for Canadian CPA program and return to Nigeria after my studies.

4. Can I still use the SOA I presented previously which ended in March 30th 2018. Is it advisable to present it again in July when I reapply or can I add Apr-June 2018 SOA to the old one for submission. Someone advised that I can still use the same SOA for July but i want to confirm from the house.

PLS NOTE THAT I HAVE REQUESTED FOR MY GCMS NOTES... JUST WANT TO PREPARE AHEAD WHILE WAITING FOR THE NOTE.

PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVISE/CONTRIBUTIONS GURUS/EXPERIENCED APPLICANTS ESPECIALLY ON HOW TO CONVINCE THE VO IN MY NEXT APPLICATION THAT I AM ELIGIBLE TO SCHOOL IN CANADA AND WOULD RETURN TO NAIJA AFTER MY STUDIES.

THANK YOU.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vikmeek: 5:58pm On Jun 23, 2018
Newman1010:

@vikmeek, yes you can but the person will have to state why he or she wants to sponsor you. Why will a non relative want to incur so much cost in sponsoring you? How much is your total tuition and have you made any deposit? A lot of applicants have scaled through using third party sponsors but they need to write a convincing letter of sponsorship.

Thank you very much for your reply,

My tuition is 9000CAD per semester, my proposed sponsor is a family friend and a former govt official and he is willing to write a convincing sop
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sankara01: 6:04pm On Jun 23, 2018
Did you do an UPFRONT MEDICAL ?

joe10:
@Frankrobbn1 and other gurus in the house please I need your advise/contributions.

I was recently refused study permit on the ground of 'purpose of visit'. The VO is not convinced that I will leave Canada after my study.

Profile:

Fees: I did not pay a din as it is stated on my acceptance letter that I must a study/work permit before I can register for the program and enroll for courses.

Previous Study: Graduate in Accounting and presently in the final stage of ICAN. Also i have 4yrs work experience in Accounting/Auditing.

Sponsor: Elder brother who provided 7 months bank statement of N25m closing balance. Though the VO did not tick insufficient fund as one of the reasons for denial(The only reason for denial is purpose of visit and am very sure that in my gcms note the VO must question why I want to take such professional program program in Canada at a high cost when I can take similar program here in Nigeria.)
Also, I plan to state in my next application that my elder brother does not have child yet(dependant).

Questions:
1. ICAN syllabus list Canada CPA as one of the professional bodies that can get direct membership with CPA designation. Pls can I print and attach this page in my next application to show that I will return to Nigeria to barge ACA designation with CPA designation?

2. Can I also include evidence of rental income that my wife and kid would use to sustain themselves while I am away? Can that boost my eligibility chances 'Purpose of visit'?

3. My online status already shows that I passed medical test, completed biometrics and background checks completed also that I failed eligible review.
In my next application, am I still expected to do another medical and biometrics? Also, will the next VO concentrate only on my eligibility review or start over from the beginning? I asked because I plan to present more proofs/points that I am eligible to study for Canadian CPA program and return to Nigeria after my studies.

PLS NOTE THAT I HAVE REQUESTED FOR MY GCMS NOTES... JUST WANT TO PREPARE AHEAD WHILE WAITING FOR THE NOTE.

PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVISE/CONTRIBUTIONS GURUS/EXPERIENCED APPLICANTS ESPECIALLY ON HOW TO CONVINCE THE VO IN MY NEXT APPLICATION THAT I AM ELIGIBLE TO SCHOOL IN CANADA AND WOULD RETURN TO NAIJA AFTER MY STUDIES.

THANK YOU.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 6:38pm On Jun 23, 2018
sankara01:
Did you do an UPFRONT MEDICAL ?

Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MrsDaniels(f): 6:38pm On Jun 23, 2018
How do i private chat u? I donno how to do it oh.

Frankrobbn1:

Madam,

It's safe you private chat me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by deboskie(m): 6:50pm On Jun 23, 2018
Sorry to hear about your refusal. You will surely get it in your next application. You have done good requesting for your GCMS note which will give you the main reason(s) for the denial as 'Purpose of Visit' can be due different reasons. What is the duration of the CPA course? and what is the total cost for the program in Canada?
joe10:

Profile:

Questions:

THANK YOU.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by pascal2young(m): 7:05pm On Jun 23, 2018
Good day ogas at the top. My younger bro got admitted to Memorial University for a Bsc programme but he is a minor(15). Please I need advice towards his visa application as pertaining to Guardian...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dubaiboy1: 7:10pm On Jun 23, 2018
15 years old ?? Check CIC website .. I'm sure you will find enough information pertaining to what you can do about an application for a Minor .

pascal2young:
Good day ogas at the top. My younger bro got admitted to Memorial University for a Bsc programme but he is a minor(15). Please I need advice towards his visa application as pertaining to Guardian...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 7:41pm On Jun 23, 2018
Ratawu:

Online route is better during the high season period. VFS does send all your docs to Nairobi or Ghana. What they do is to scan the basic docs to them leaving behind many vital docs that explain certain areas of application.

I agreed with you.....I will prefer online route
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vivicintia(f): 9:02pm On Jun 23, 2018
Dolzz:

Hello. How did you come about this info? I also got admission to UBC and I have applied for my study permit but didn't need to pay any sum to UBC for study permit. But if the info is correct, you'll need to send an email to UBC to find out about the refund.

The payment is part of the tuition fee. 1.4m
Please will there be a refund if admission is not granted?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vivicintia(f): 9:05pm On Jun 23, 2018
[quote author=vivicintia post=68759907]

The payment is part of the tuition fee. 1.4m
Please will there be a refund if visa is not granted?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MichyEhi: 9:07pm On Jun 23, 2018
joe10:

Profile:

Questions:

THANK YOU.

Sorry about the refusal.

Firstly, when did you apply?

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.