Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (787242 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Omonoba1981(f): 10:30pm On Jun 30, 2018
ayoadefantastic:

Kind of similar to mine! If you check those countries, Sweden or US is not there; so I would say NO; technically shouldn't require medicals but who knows. I'm still waiting for response as well.

When do you apply? So I will need to go change mine to No then
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bertram87: 10:32pm On Jun 30, 2018
BoystoMen:

Oga frank
Please respond to ur pm
Just want you to go through my sop before submitting
Thank you

@BoystoMen...... Please how long before your GCMS note came out...?

Thanks.....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lordcrixus: 10:41pm On Jun 30, 2018
quote author=Cherryola post=68970076]Pls house my sponsor gave me hes UK acct of 50k pounds to use what again do I need for him to show that[b][/b] he's UK citizen[b][/b] [/quote]

[/color]A copy of his UK passport[color=#990000]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by messynaldo: 10:47pm On Jun 30, 2018
Thanks dubaiboy1
dubaiboy1:
Just a suggestion : If the direct flight to Sask is too high... Check from Lagos to Toronto .. And from Toronto to Sask.. Maybe it will save you some extra money.

Toronto to Sask is about $213 with air Canada.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by charlyduru: 11:47pm On Jun 30, 2018
dubaiboy1:
Just a suggestion : If the direct flight to Sask is too high... Check from Lagos to Toronto .. And from Toronto to Sask.. Maybe it will save you some extra money.

Toronto to Sask is about $213 with air Canada.

Or maybe Lagos to Toronto by air then Toronto to sask by train will save a lot also.

Just saying though
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dubaiboy1: 11:49pm On Jun 30, 2018
Yes, that is so right ..

charlyduru:

Or maybe Lagos to Toronto by air then Toronto to sask by train will save a lot also.

Just saying though
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by klexycole(m): 12:14am On Jul 01, 2018
Happy new month guys!

I congratulate the recently approved applicants, you shall all succeed in Canada. Keep working hard and smart.

To the guys awaiting their approvals, this new month shall bring new song to your mouth. May we congratulate and celebrate you too.

To those awaiting their admission decision, relax your mind and keep hoping for the best. Your admission shall come easy with funding.

So shall it be today and forever.
Success to everyone! smiley

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kpizzle: 7:37am On Jul 01, 2018
I also Congratulate the recent approvals in the house.

I got refused early in June and I have already applied for my GCMS note but I observed a certain trend that most people who got approvals are people with either Scholarship or Sponsors.

1) is it that the VO don't trust people like me who are self sponsors because purpose of visit and funds was part of the reason i was refused

2) after 10 years of been gainfully employed and my spouse too is gainfully employed, it is that the VO still prefers one to have a sponsor or get a scholarship?

Please my brothers and sisters in the house help to clarify
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 7:47am On Jul 01, 2018
kpizzle:
I also Congratulate the recent approvals in the house.

I got refused early in June and I have already applied for my GCMS note but I observed a certain trend that most people who got approvals are people with either Scholarship or Sponsors.

1) is it that the VO don't trust people like me who are self sponsors because purpose of visit and funds was part of the reason i was refused

2) after 10 years of been gainfully employed and my spouse too is gainfully employed, it is that the VO still prefers one to have a sponsor or get a scholarship?

Please my brothers and sisters in the house help to clarify
Self sponsor is not the reason you were denied. Order for your GCMS note asap to know the real reasons behind the denial, before then share your profile let's see.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kpizzle: 8:08am On Jul 01, 2018
mcobex:
Self sponsor is not the reason you were denied. Order for your GCMS note asap to know the real reasons behind the denial, before then share your profile let's see.

My GCMS note is now 3 weeks old. I hope I can get it in the next few days and I will share. But I am just saying that from all the profile of approvals that have been shared, sponsorship and scholarship has been a common factor.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 8:11am On Jul 01, 2018
kpizzle:

My GCMS note is now 3 weeks old. I hope I can get it in the next few days and I will share. But I am just saying that from all the profile of approvals that have been shared, sponsorship and scholarship has been a common factor.
If you are sponsoring yourself just make sure you have enough funds to cover the entire duration of your programme, but in the case of using a sponsor the sponsor can show funds for just one year(as long as he/she has a good source of income), that's just the difference.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Banks039: 8:17am On Jul 01, 2018
Hello ! How long does it normally takes before cic contacts you after submitting your online application, mine is alreadya month old and haven't heard from them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Awake18(m): 8:58am On Jul 01, 2018
Banks039:
Hello ! How long does it normally takes before cic contacts you after submitting your online application, mine is alreadya month old and haven't heard from them

Same as mine too,I completed biometric on June 1st
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sogima(f): 9:45am On Jul 01, 2018
Happy new month to you all... And congratulations to all that got approved last month.. We hope for more approval this month.. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Omonoba1981(f): 9:46am On Jul 01, 2018
Hello Guru in the house, I am trying to complete my SOP of Letter of explanation. I intend detailing out my travel history, but was wondering if it is going to be of harm than good. How should I word it so it doesn't hurt me?

I completed my GCE when I was in SS2 2015 (15 Years old then )and left Nigeria since then. I first tried converting my visitor permit to student in Canada as a minor but was rejected, I had to go outside of Canada t applied. I went to LA to applied got rejected twice and came to Nigeria last year got rejected . Now I am trying to put in a strong SOP for the 5th application.

I have opportunity for a US student permit, but really don't like to study in US (more expensive) and with an elder sister studying in Canada it will save a lot for the family to also study in Canada

left Lagos to Canada - November 2nd/3rd 2015 page 5 on Intl passport page Family (Visit)

Left Canada to USA - April 6th 2016 page 12 on Intl passport page Arizona ( 4 days Youth church conference )

from USA to Canada - April 9th 2016 page 5 on Intl passport page

From Canada to USA - August 5th 2016 page 12 on Intl passport page Los Angeles ( 2nd try for student application)

From USA to Canada - August 5th 2016 page 5 on Intl passport page

Canada to USA - October 2nd 2016 page 10 on Intl passport page North Dakota ( 5 days church youth vacation)

From USA to Canada - October 6th 2016 page 7 on Intl passport page

Canada to USA - November 22nd 2016 page 12 on Intl passport page

USA to Canada - January 30th 2017 Page 7 on Intl passport page

Canada to Nigeria - May 5th 2017 page 6 on Intl passport page

Nigeria to Sweden - May 11/12th 2017 page 9 on Intl passport page

Sweden to Nigeria - September 13th 2017 page 9 on Intl passport page

Nigeria to USA - September 28th 2017 page 12 on Intl passport page

USA to Nigeria - March 22nd 2018 page 9 on Intl passport page
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 10:20am On Jul 01, 2018
Can some one kindly help.me review this above "statement" in reference to my low grade in French Language.

Dear Admission committee.

The reason for my low grade in French Language is due to the fact that i'm a Nigerian, Although English is the Language of instruction in (name of my sch).I can't write nor speak french Language fluenly, however this consequently resulted to my low grade in French Language.

I hope i composed this statement properly. If not. I beg of you all. kindly help do so. I'll appreciate you all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by drhammed: 10:50am On Jul 01, 2018
Asapant:
Can some one kindly help.me review this above "statement" in reference to my low grade in French Language.

Dear Admission committee.

The reason for my low grade in French Language is due to the fact that i'm a Nigerian, Although English is the Language of instruction in (name of my sch).I can't write nor speak french Language fluently, however this consequently resulted to my low grade in French Language.

I hope i composed this statement properly. If not. I beg of you all. kindly help do so. I'll appreciate you all

Hello,

I will not advise you use the above as a justification for your low grade in French.

The above reason definitely means that you can't survive/learn other people's culture and languages. Taking into consideration that Canada have some French speaking cities.

The question below might be the issue from admission committee

1. Were you not taught the French?
2. If you can't cope with French, how would you cope with other people's languages. (with the reason stated above).
3. Assuming you find yourself in Germany or other countries not directly speaking English, how will you survive?
4. Assuming your School is in Quebec Province of Canada, then how do you cope?.

And many others.

Rather, I'll suggest you find a better convincing reason for your low marks in French., Perhaps you can still tel them you didn't have access to many French textbook, the lecturer didn't make it lively, to initiate your interest to that foreign language, etc.

Please note: This is my own personal opinion/advice, and not a general reflection.

Above all, I wish you the best.

Cheers.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Geenosko: 12:11pm On Jul 01, 2018
Omonoba1981:
Hello Guru in the house, I am trying to complete my SOP of Letter of explanation. I intend detailing out my travel history, but was wondering if it is going to be of harm than good. How should I word it so it doesn't hurt me?

The experts can add but I reckon that trying to switch from a visitors visa to student while in Canada shows the VO that you probably didn't respect the conditions of the visit visa hence the subsequent refusals.

And if the reasons for the previous refusals haven't been addressed, you may be refused again.

I suggest that you request for your GCMS notes from the last refusal (so we don't second guess) then you take it up from there.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Canibude: 12:37pm On Jul 01, 2018
Please can I use a police clearance that just expired a month ago ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hotcakept2: 1:53pm On Jul 01, 2018
Please is anyone here going to fanshawe college?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by nivlek000(m): 2:03pm On Jul 01, 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by nivlek000(m): 2:09pm On Jul 01, 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dwebb55: 2:18pm On Jul 01, 2018
Jewel80:

Abuja will be a good option. From what people say here, no crowd at all, walk in and do your thing and leave. For Lagos, you definitely wont be able to do your biometrics the same day, you first come to book an appointment and if you are late you might get an appointment for a 2days after date, if early, the next day. Plus there is always a crowd at Lagos vfs office. So, from this, which do you think is better?

Since you applied online and are doing just your biometrics you don't have to book to do your biometrics in Lagos. Just get there early and you'll be fine. I did mine in less than 2 hours in June!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by BoystoMen: 3:04pm On Jul 01, 2018
Bertram87:

@BoystoMen...... Please how long before your GCMS note came out...?

Thanks.....
3 weeks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 3:25pm On Jul 01, 2018
Nivleek & Drhammed. I appreciate you guys. Thank you very much for your advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Omonoba1981(f): 3:35pm On Jul 01, 2018
Geenosko:

The experts can add but I reckon that trying to switch from a visitors visa to student while in Canada shows the VO that you probably didn't respect the conditions of the visit visa hence the subsequent refusals.

And if the reasons for the previous refusals haven't been addressed, you may be refused again.

I suggest that you request for your GCMS notes from the last refusal (so we don't second guess) then you take it up from there.

I already requested GCMS when i got rejected. there was no detail reasons. The notes also didnt say much just mostly mail threads when I was waiting for my result

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by andre99(m): 3:36pm On Jul 01, 2018
Omonoba1981:

I completed my GCE when I was in SS2 2015 (15 Years old then )and left Nigeria since then. I first tried converting my visitor permit to student in Canada as a minor but was rejected, I had to go outside of Canada t applied. I went to LA to applied got rejected twice and came to Nigeria last year got rejected . Now I am trying to put in a strong SOP for the 5th application.

I have opportunity for a US student permit, but really don't like to study in US (more expensive) and with an elder sister studying in Canada it will save a lot for the family to also study in Canada

left Lagos to Canada - November 2nd/3rd 2015 page 5 on Intl passport page Family (Visit)

Left Canada to USA - April 6th 2016 page 12 on Intl passport page Arizona ( 4 days Youth church conference )

from USA to Canada - April 9th 2016 page 5 on Intl passport page

From Canada to USA - August 5th 2016 page 12 on Intl passport page Los Angeles ( 2nd try for student application)

From USA to Canada - August 5th 2016 page 5 on Intl passport page

Canada to USA - October 2nd 2016 page 10 on Intl passport page North Dakota ( 5 days church youth vacation)

From USA to Canada - October 6th 2016 page 7 on Intl passport page

Canada to USA - November 22nd 2016 page 12 on Intl passport page

USA to Canada - January 30th 2017 Page 7 on Intl passport page

Canada to Nigeria - May 5th 2017 page 6 on Intl passport page

Nigeria to Sweden - May 11/12th 2017 page 9 on Intl passport page

Sweden to Nigeria - September 13th 2017 page 9 on Intl passport page

Nigeria to USA - September 28th 2017 page 12 on Intl passport page

USA to Nigeria - March 22nd 2018 page 9 on Intl passport page
You be real Ajala travel all over the world cool
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Austinpee4: 3:46pm On Jul 01, 2018
Omonoba1981:

I already requested GCMS when i got rejected. there was no detail reasons. The notes also didnt say much just mostly mail threads when I was waiting for my result
The last page of the GCMS file usually contain the officer's note on the refusal. Check the file to ensure you have the complete pages. The screen shot here is only the generic reasons for the refusal which was also contained in the correspondence letter issued to you at the time of the refusal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Austinpee4: 3:59pm On Jul 01, 2018
tbabson47:
Hi everyone, I hold a BSc degree in accounting which I obtained 5 yrs ago, I have started working in an organisation and just of recent I got a Diploma in Business Administration (partial) scholarship from Toronto school of management, Canada. I have been asked to pay a deposit fee of $2000 which i plan to few weeks from m. Please what are my chances of getting a VISA considering the progression of studies.

Thanks for your response guys.
Your chances will largely depend on how well you are able to convince the visa officer that the diploma is what you need at this time in your career. Also, i'd assume the diploma is of post-graduate study otherwise, you will have to be beyond convincing to stand a chance with a "diploma" being that you already have a BSC . A diploma is lower than the degree you already have and unless you have an inch-perfect and cogent reason for opting for a diploma, i'm afraid, it will be an onerous task.

Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Austinpee4: 4:09pm On Jul 01, 2018
Banks039:
IRCC will contact you once there is a need to. This is usually within the stipulated processing time. Once your application exceed that time, you can enquire about your application. There is no particular time in exactitude to contact an applicant by IRCC during the time of processing. It could come anytime and when there is an update or a request. Be patient and hope for a positive outcome.

Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Omonoba1981(f): 4:50pm On Jul 01, 2018
Austinpee4:

The last page of the GCMS file usually contain the officer's note on the refusal. Check the file to ensure you have the complete pages. The screen shot here is only the generic reasons for the refusal which was also contained in the correspondence letter issued to you at the time of the refusal.

There was actually no useful information on the notes. I can try collage and upload them. Notes 1- 4 were just Label client enquiry.

And were email I sent when they processing was after 6months

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by tbabson47(m): 5:01pm On Jul 01, 2018
[quote author=Austinpee4 post=68989638]
I really appreciate your response. It's very helpful.

On a second thought, I won't rather disclose my BSC degree to the VO. I hope I'm lucky enough to pull that off.

What's your take on this Please?

Regards.

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.