Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,384 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (787175 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by reichwolf: 5:23pm On Jul 01, 2018
Good afternoon to everyone in the house & congratulations to the recent TRV approvals.

Please I would like to ask if before adding my supporting documents to my SOP I should first put a bullet list of them all to make life easier for the Visa Officer as he/she will have an idea of what is included?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bodmillz: 5:41pm On Jul 01, 2018
reichwolf:
Good afternoon to everyone in the house & congratulations to the recent TRV approvals.

Please I would like to ask if before adding my supporting documents to my SOP I should first put a bullet list of them all to make life easier for the Visa Officer as he/she will have an idea of what is included?

Yes, it’s a good idea to list the documents you have enclosed with your application.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kayvine4u: 5:43pm On Jul 01, 2018
Hello house,

I hear its public holiday in Canada tomorrow and thus the VFS office would not open. How true is this, cos i was meant to submit tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bertram87: 5:51pm On Jul 01, 2018
BoystoMen:

3 weeks

@BoystoMen

Happy new month. Thanks for your reply, please which link did you use to order for it??

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by walecott(m): 6:01pm On Jul 01, 2018
kayvine4u:
Hello house,

I hear its public holiday in Canada tomorrow and thus the VFS office would not open. How true is this, cos i was meant to submit tomorrow.
It's true. Canada day
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Austinpee4: 6:10pm On Jul 01, 2018
@tbabson47

You will be shooting yourself in the foot still. How would you explain the employment you have if it requires a minimum of a degree to be employed? Also, how do you intend to explain the education gap and what evidence do you have to show that indeed you were active doing something all through the years?

My advise for you is to consider a PGD/C or possibly a master degree program. Forget all the 'hiding' stuff. Get a progressive degree from the one you already have. It is only natural to seek advancement not retrogression. You would be giving the officer a clear decision to refuse your application for purpose of visit if you are unable to convince them with this diploma(hardly would fly) because it will discernible that your primary intention is other than study and will unlikely depart Canada at the end of your study.

Regards.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Austinpee4: 6:14pm On Jul 01, 2018
Omonoba1981:

There was actually no useful information on the notes. I can try collage and upload them. Notes 1- 4 were just Label client enquiry.

And were email I sent when they processing was after 6months
You GCMS file is missing the officer's note then. You may want to contact the platform you made the request from.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kylexy61(m): 8:25pm On Jul 01, 2018
reichwolf:

Sure. You could even create clickable hyperlinks of the bullet list so that the VO can simple click and jump to a specific document instead of scrolling down.

Taking the pain to make the VO's work easier often creates a good impression.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vivicintia(f): 8:28pm On Jul 01, 2018
Hello All,

Please is anyone here for UBC MBA school?
I need to find out if there is a basis for the $5000 non-refundable deposit to be refunded.

How about if visa is not given after this payment.
Plz help!!
Attached

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Omonoba1981(f): 8:28pm On Jul 01, 2018
Austinpee4:

You GCMS file is missing the officer's note then. You may want to contact the platform you made the request from.

I applied using a friend in Canada, who is the PR. There was 11 notes at the end none was detail with reason.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by reichwolf: 9:00pm On Jul 01, 2018
vivicintia:
Hello All,

Please is anyone here for UBC MBA school?
I need to find out if there is a basis for the $5000 non-refundable deposit to be refunded.

How about if visa is not given after this payment.
Plz help!!
Attached

I don’t know about UBC in particular as I am applying to go to TRU Kamloops (3 hours from Vancouver) but my school has a refund policy in case of visa refusal. You will just need to contact them and provide them the visa refusal letter. I hope this helps. Keep the faith & know that usually paying some tuition money helps convince the VO too. I myself paid CAD$ 7500 to my school.

I hope you find my post useful.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 01, 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dubaiboy1: 9:23pm On Jul 01, 2018
From what I've seen on this forum with the similar case as yours... I don't think you should worry , don't stop praying though and you will hear the good news soon... Stay positive .

yuloz:
Hi Everyone,
Please I have a quick question. I applied for study permit last year, unfortunately got denied. Requested for gcms notes and reapplied in March. Got medical call and have done the medical in June. Is there any chance of denial? Also, my application status is on " we are reviewing whether you met the eligibility requirements? Should I be worried or let things be. Please share your experience, anyone??

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Cherryola: 9:42pm On Jul 01, 2018
After getting a visa approval is it advisable to go to Canada 7 weeks the school resumption
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Cherryola: 9:44pm On Jul 01, 2018
After getting visa approval is it advisable for the student to go to Canada 7 weeks before the school resumption
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 9:48pm On Jul 01, 2018
Cherryola:
After getting visa approval is it advisable for the student to go to Canada 7 weeks before the school resumption
You have no issue going 7 weeks to resumption. Just tell immigrations that you want to acclimatize, they might not even ask.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by swisster: 9:48pm On Jul 01, 2018
123abcclown:
Hello house,

Your guy is here again.

I submitted my application online yesterday and just got a Biometrics mail today.

I’m in Port Harcourt, so naturally coming to do the Biometrics in Lagos should be the best option...but I’m open to Abuja.

I honestly don’t know which one to go for, but I will like to know if I need to book an appointment before Biometrics capture in Lagos and or Abuja?

Which of the two is a better option?

Many thanks to the house most especially michyehi, dubaiboy1 and mcobex for answering my earlier questions.

since itz biometric u are going for, u don't need to book appointment in Lagos, jst try and be at d vfs office as early as possible, then probably b4 10am u are done wit ur biometric.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by swisster: 9:52pm On Jul 01, 2018
Jewel80:

Abuja will be a good option. From what people say here, no crowd at all, walk in and do your thing and leave. For Lagos, you definitely wont be able to do your biometrics the same day, you first come to book an appointment and if you are late you might get an appointment for a 2days after date, if early, the next day. Plus there is always a crowd at Lagos vfs office. So, from this, which do you think is better?

plz nd plz this is not true. u only book appointment when u are coming for paper route submission, but if u are coming for biometric only, u will do it dat same day. except u come very later (mayb by 1pm).
those going for biometric only, feel free to use lagos vfs if itz close to u. nd try to be der as early as possible. peace.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bodmillz: 10:07pm On Jul 01, 2018
swisster:

plz nd plz this is not true. u only book appointment when u are coming for paper route submission, but if u are coming for biometric only, u will do it dat same day. except u come very later (mayb by 1pm).
those going for biometric only, feel free to use lagos vfs if itz close to u. nd try to be der as early as possible. peace.

Things might have changed but in May when I applied online and went for biometrics in Lagos, I was there around 7:30am and was booked for the next day.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by drhammed: 10:24pm On Jul 01, 2018
As at May 28, people still book appointment for Biometrics at Lagos VFS office.
swisster:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by harde116: 10:48pm On Jul 01, 2018
Hi everyone,

Abeg o, i applied online since April 20th, and i have not heard pekem. I've only done biometrics which has been updated. So it's obviously gone beyond their processing time, and i used the webform already, and i'm not exactly sure how effective that is.

Please who knows the official email and i can send my request to, and how often they respond to emails.

Thanks guys and all the best to us all.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by swisster: 11:03pm On Jul 01, 2018
Bodmillz:

Things might have changed but in May when I applied online and went for biometrics in Lagos, I was there around 7:30am and was booked for the next day.
i did my biometric last week,i went dat day i also completed it within an hour 30mins. a frd of mine came around 11 am to do his,he completed his dat same day last week

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by nivlek000(m): 11:08pm On Jul 01, 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by blaqnony: 11:19pm On Jul 01, 2018
harde116:
Hi everyone,

Abeg o, i applied online since April 20th, and i have not heard pekem. I've only done biometrics which has been updated. So it's obviously gone beyond their processing time, and i used the webform already, and i'm not exactly sure how effective that is.

Please who knows the official email and i can send my request to, and how often they respond to emails.

Thanks guys and all the best to us all.

Nawa o. Did you apply online?

I applied online on the 2nd of May and by Tuesday 9 weeks (being the processing timeline) would have exhausted. Only did Biometrics. Not heard from them for medicals ever since then. But I intend sending a web mail by Thursday. I hope this doesn't look desperate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 11:29pm On Jul 01, 2018
If you passed the Medicals, then that's good news..Congrats in advance
yuloz:
Hi Everyone,
Please I have a quick question. I applied for study permit last year, unfortunately got denied. Requested for gcms notes and reapplied in March. Got medical call and have done the medical in June. Is there any chance of denial? Also, my application status is on " we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements? Should I be worried or let things be. Please share your experience, anyone??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 11:35pm On Jul 01, 2018
Please for those that just submitted. What is the current application fee for Paper route nd Online route? I was told by someone that it's 91k for online nd 83k for paper, which I know it's not true. Dts the reason for my question.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bertram87: 1:35am On Jul 02, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Sure man, you got it!! I will redact all necessary info. Look in your inbox later.

@jnyuwa02
Please boss I need that draft too johnnseggs@gmail.com . Will be waiting to hear from you.

Thank you and God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hurricanesgrace: 1:46am On Jul 02, 2018
Good morning everyone,
Please I want to ask is there anyone who has booked an apointment between 1st of dis month to 5th but won't be going.so we can swap? Please its urgent. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 5:32am On Jul 02, 2018
Jewel80:

Abuja will be a good option. From what people say here, no crowd at all, walk in and do your thing and leave. For Lagos, you definitely wont be able to do your biometrics the same day, you first come to book an appointment and if you are late you might get an appointment for a 2days after date, if early, the next day. Plus there is always a crowd at Lagos vfs office. So, from this, which do you think is better?

I saw this reply and literally got my ass to Abuja.

I’m in Abuja already, looking forward to completing the biometrics later this morning.

Thanks for the advice. Very sincere appreciation also goes to swisster, Lotusboi and Boystomen.

I’d share my experience here when I’m done.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 5:36am On Jul 02, 2018
makano:
Please for those that just submitted. What is the current application fee for Paper route nd Online route? I was told by someone that it's 91k for online nd 83k for paper, which I know it's not true. Dts the reason for my question.

I applied on Friday and paid $235CAD ~ $180USD

Naira equivalent between N60,000 - N70,000 depending on payment means/dollar rate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jewel80(f): 6:58am On Jul 02, 2018
swisster:

Dont paint me a liar please! I went for my biometrics on May 30, as early as 5.30am I was at the vfs office in Lagos. All of us who came in for biometrics that day was given an appointment for the next day. So just speak from your own experience. If things have changed, fine, just say it without painting someone else's encounter as not true!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jewel80(f): 7:00am On Jul 02, 2018
Bodmillz:

Exactly!

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.