Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,197 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (790691 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 8:00am On Jul 10, 2018
Yuyukoko:
Please I need some clarity on this- in the segment asking cost of my studies, room and board , is this for first year or total tuition? I know this has been asked before but can't seem to find it. Can someone please clarify this for me? Biko.

It's for the first year.

Tuition = ?
Room and Board = 10,000CAD
Others = 2,000CAD or 3,000CAD
Tuition + Room and board + Others = Funds available for my stay

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 8:34am On Jul 10, 2018
bisimo:

Thanks. Pls I don’t understand how u mean I should apply for her as well? U mean I should find school for her to gain admission? She’s 3 year old and she don’t need study visa now. Was thinking maybe I can just include her name that she’s going with me. pls explain more how to go about this���

God bless you for your wonderful help.
I meant getting "DAYCARE CENTRE" for your baby cos she needs to be taken care of while you are in school. Try and search for daycare centres around your school or apartment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Yuyukoko: 8:56am On Jul 10, 2018
Thank you!
Frankrobbn1:

It's for the first year.

Tuition = ?
Room and Board = 10,000CAD
Others = 2,000CAD or 3,000CAD
Tuition + Room and board + Others = Funds available for my stay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Udezuka: 9:46am On Jul 10, 2018
Udezuka:
Good day everybody,
You guys are really doing a good job here,please someone should help me on this,am an undergraduate student in Philippines still studying but I want to continue my degree in Canada but a different course but still in medical field,my fear is what will I give as reason of chosen Canada while the course is available in my residence country and home country,although my main reason is that Philippines don't allow foreigners write licence exams,only certificate are given to foreigners but I don't think this is a good reason to give vo

please can someone give me a clue on this please,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by harde116: 10:03am On Jul 10, 2018
Thanks bro

Frankrobbn1:

Congratulations harde116!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by harde116: 10:10am On Jul 10, 2018
Thanks alot. i already booked to be in the US, reason i was shouting and really waiting for response. so i'll move from the US. You made your booking yet? You should check turkish airlines too, they have reasonably fair prices and their airlines are good.

nivlek000:

Congrats Hugger.
Time to book your flight.
P.S. I noticed the cheapest and shortest flights in August are the Thursday Ethiopian Airline flights.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by TFLASHOGEE(m): 10:11am On Jul 10, 2018
hello house plz is it possible for me to land in Canada 3 to 4 months before my school resume cause I needs to get familiar to my new environment
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 10, 2018
TFLASHOGEE:
hello house plz is it possible for me to land in Canada 3 to 4 months before my school resume cause I needs to get familiar to my new environment

I honestly feel that if you can defend the fact that you'd need 3 to 4 months to get familiar with your new environment at the Point of Entry, you should book that flight.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Getmo: 10:38am On Jul 10, 2018
3 or 4 months is quite a long time. 1 or 2 months should be fine.
TFLASHOGEE:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Getmo: 10:41am On Jul 10, 2018
5 working days
Jewel80:
Please guys,

- how long before you get back your passport after submission at vfs lagos office?

-can someone submit passport on your behalf?

-can someone collect the passport on your behalf?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by BoystoMen: 10:55am On Jul 10, 2018
bisimo:

Thanks so much, can i submit my daughter application with mine? she's here with me and she's using my dependent visa. or you think i should apply alone. pls advice me .. she's just 3 year old

Will advice you apply for yours first
When you get yours
You apply for TRV for her
My opinion dou!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 11:30am On Jul 10, 2018
BoystoMen:

Will advice you apply for yours first
When you get yours
You apply for TRV for her
My opinion dou!
Her 3 year old daughter is with her in a foreign land and you expect her to apply alone? Both can apply and they will get approval, if they were to be in Nigeria then maybe she can apply alone first but in this situation applying with her baby will fly.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by TFLASHOGEE(m): 11:36am On Jul 10, 2018
thanks guys for your response but it will be mad winter by January that why I opt to move in early
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Emmyirab(m): 12:00pm On Jul 10, 2018
Hello E-family. I will be submitting my application in a week. Please, can anyone help review my SOP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Uchboggy(m): 12:05pm On Jul 10, 2018
This wait is sickening...application submitted 26th. And I have seen 29th people getting feedback ☹️...I need some consolation people �‍♂️

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bukella(f): 12:06pm On Jul 10, 2018
TFLASHOGEE:

Congrats on your trv ..could you please share your profile.. When did you apply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bukella(f): 12:07pm On Jul 10, 2018
Uchboggy:
This wait is sickening...application submitted 26th. And I have seen 29th people getting feedback ☹️...I need some consolation people �‍♂️

What month? Mine is june
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by annmmesoma: 12:08pm On Jul 10, 2018
Udezuka:
Good day everybody,
You guys are really doing a good job here,please someone should help me on this,am an undergraduate student in Philippines still studying but I want to continue my degree in Canada but a different course but still in medical field,my fear is what will I give as reason of chosen Canada while the course is available in my residence country and home country,although my main reason is that Philippines don't allow foreigners write licence exams,only certificate are given to foreigners but I don't think this is a good reason to give vo

I think in your sop you should emphasize more on the benefits you will get in studying it in Canada than Philippine may be because of their standardized learning system is more better than Philippine but don't talk about Philippine not allowing foreigners to write license exams because the VO with think your main aim in wanting to study in Canada Is just to be licensed and start practicing in canada therefore not returning to your home country after your studies

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bukella(f): 12:14pm On Jul 10, 2018
Udezuka:
Good day everybody,

I am a feeling you studying nursing.. Are you a Nigerian registered nurse? You can make draw your points from there.....i belief there are other reasons to give apart from the license stuff. ...my summary

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bukella(f): 12:14pm On Jul 10, 2018
Udezuka:
Good day everybody,

I have a feeling you studying nursing.. Are you a Nigerian registered nurse? You can draw your points from there.....i belief there are other reasons to give apart from the license stuff. ...my summary

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bukella(f): 12:17pm On Jul 10, 2018
annmmesoma:

I think in your sop you should emphasize more on the benefits you will get in studying it in Canada than Philippine may be because of their standardized learning system is more better than Philippine but don't talk about Philippine not allowing foreigners to write license exams because the VO with think your main aim in wanting to study in Canada Is just to be licensed and start practicing in canada therefore not returning to your home country after your studies

Exactly and she should make sure she has strong home ties
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bukella(f): 12:18pm On Jul 10, 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bukella(f): 12:26pm On Jul 10, 2018
Hi everyone! Is there anyone going for a nursing program in Canada here? Or anyone currently doing a nursing program in Canada.. Looks like nursing is scarce here.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dubaiboy1: 12:39pm On Jul 10, 2018
Hi guys ... The IMM1294 form .. Once validated, can you make changes and validate again ?? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by annmmesoma: 12:50pm On Jul 10, 2018
Bukella:
Hi everyone! Is there anyone going for a nursing program in Canada here? Or anyone currently doing a nursing program in Canada.. Looks like nursing is scarce here.

I am going for a nursing program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bukella(f): 12:54pm On Jul 10, 2018
annmmesoma:

I am going for a nursing program

Do you mind if I pm you please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by blaqnony: 12:57pm On Jul 10, 2018
dubaiboy1:
Hi guys ... The IMM1294 form .. Once validated, can you make changes and validate again ?? Thanks

You can validate as much as you want
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dubaiboy1: 1:05pm On Jul 10, 2018
Thanks

blaqnony:

You can validate as much as you want
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by annmmesoma: 1:07pm On Jul 10, 2018
Bukella:

Do you mind if I pm you please.
No problem. you can
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 1:07pm On Jul 10, 2018
bisimo:

Thanks. Pls I don’t understand how u mean I should apply for her as well? U mean I should find school for her to gain admission? She’s 3 year old and she don’t need study visa now. Was thinking maybe I can just include her name that she’s going with me. pls explain more how to go about this���

God bless you for your wonderful help.

@bisimo, At the beginning of your application, you will need to fill out the questionnaire, while you are at it you will indicate that you are applying with a family member. Then it would prompt you a question whether you are applying for visit or Study. Choose study.

As @mcobex already said you will then fill out her own separate form for study for her..
Add your own schl admission letter and other admission information, you can also get creches/daycare online around the neighborhood of your school, write to them and attach their feedback or email trail to show the VO that you have made adequate plans for your 3year old.

Please do not leave your daughter behind. She is very little. ( i have a 5 & 6-year-old) and i applied for study for both of them and visit for my spouse. I cannot even imagine leaving them behind ( most esp my children) because I wanna step out to study.

How would I even concentrate on my studies sef?? undecided

I beg to differ that, visa officers are human beings and know the value of children staying with their parents at a young and tender age.
Just my thoughts.

One more thing i did was get a study leave letter from their schl and got the schl to help also emphasize in the letter, that my children are still too young to be separated from their mother. You may also do this.

goingforward.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bukella(f): 1:12pm On Jul 10, 2018
annmmesoma:

No problem. you can

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hayqinsbFX: 1:17pm On Jul 10, 2018
Any Nigerian coming to london for Fanshawe this fall HMU I have nice rooms available.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.