Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,098 members, 7,828,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (273) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (790449 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jhammz519: 1:34pm On Jul 10, 2018
TFLASHOGEE:
hello house plz is it possible for me to land in Canada 3 to 4 months before my school resume cause I needs to get familiar to my new environment

3 months is a lot oo, a month would be OK.
Like mine my sch starts Sept but would land in canada Aug 20th.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Radiantblessing: 1:38pm On Jul 10, 2018
Please one more question, like I said earlier my application was denied and the only reason given was that my assets and personal funds is not sufficient to prove that I will return after studies. I want to reapply but I don't have even up-to 300k in my account but I want to attach investment and some other documents. Please hope I won't have a refusal because of the account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MeinKampf: 2:06pm On Jul 10, 2018
goingforward:

@bisimo, At the beginning of your application, you will need to fill out the questionnaire, while you are at it you will indicate that you are applying with a family member. Then it would prompt you a question whether you are applying for visit or Study. Choose study.

As @mcobex already said you will then fill out her own separate form for study for her..
Add your own schl admission letter and other admission information, you can also get creches/daycare online around the neighborhood of your school, write to them and attach their feedback or email trail to show the VO that you have made adequate plans for your 3year old.

Please do not leave your daughter behind. She is very little. ( i have a 5 & 6-year-old) and i applied for study for both of them and visit for my spouse. I cannot even imagine leaving them behind ( most esp my children) because I wanna step out to study.

How would I even concentrate on my studies sef?? undecided

I beg to differ that, visa officers are human beings and know the value of children staying with their parents at a young and tender age.
Just my thoughts.

One more thing i did was get a study leave letter from their schl and got the schl to help also emphasize in the letter, that my children are still too young to be separated from their mother. You may also do this.

goingforward.
@bisimo, take note that you can only apply for study permit for your children if they are 5yrs and above, otherwise you apply for visitor's visa for your child since the child is under 5

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 2:11pm On Jul 10, 2018
MeinKampf:

@bisimo, take note that you can only apply for study permit for your children if they are 5yrs and above, otherwise you apply for visitor's visa for your child since the child is under 5

Yes that's true. Thanks for the correction. Visitors visa is what you will apply for.
check here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/guidelines-on-minor-children.html

goingforward.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Pawlahh: 2:18pm On Jul 10, 2018
Anyone going to Saskpolytech
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Decline: 2:30pm On Jul 10, 2018
I have
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by artworks1: 2:51pm On Jul 10, 2018
Please someone should help me on this.

1. Can one study law in Canada and practice it in Nigeria?

2. I need a cheap tuition school in Canada offering law where one can school and work

3 If possible an school offering scholarship

4. Admission Requirements.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by TFLASHOGEE(m): 2:57pm On Jul 10, 2018
Jhammz519:

3 months is a lot oo, a month would be OK.
Like mine my sch starts Sept but would land in canada Aug 20th.
thanks bro where in Canada are you schooling cause mine is Ontario and what is the flight ticket like
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sankara01: 3:13pm On Jul 10, 2018
Where in Ontario, Toronto ?

TFLASHOGEE:
thanks bro where in Canada are you schooling cause mine is Ontario and what is the flight ticket like
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sankara01: 3:14pm On Jul 10, 2018
Has any approved TRV applicants gotten their "Point of Entry Letter of Introduction "?, I had you need to provide the letter at the Canadian Border to get your study permit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by oyinkansola2: 3:19pm On Jul 10, 2018
Pls how is the letter to d visa officer in London written cause my application has not been approved no medicals yet and it’s two months already
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by cecechi: 3:35pm On Jul 10, 2018
congratulations to all the approved...... I know some who read from at least part 7, like I said if you want to fully benefit from this forum, read from the beginning, it may be stressful but if you want something you have work hard for it..... As it is said on this forum... IT SHALL ALL END WITH PRAISE

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bisimo: 3:44pm On Jul 10, 2018
MeinKampf:

Thanks so much, God bless you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Uchboggy(m): 3:48pm On Jul 10, 2018
Bukella:

What month? Mine is june
26th May
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by weirdo17(f): 3:49pm On Jul 10, 2018
Bukella:
Hi everyone! Is there anyone going for a nursing program in Canada here? Or anyone currently doing a nursing program in Canada.. Looks like nursing is scarce here.

Hi, I'm going for a nursing program

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by TFLASHOGEE(m): 3:50pm On Jul 10, 2018
sankara01:
Where in Ontario, Toronto ?
The University of Western Ontario that my uni name
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bisimo: 3:51pm On Jul 10, 2018
goingforward:

@bisimo, At the beginning of your application, you will need to fill out the questionnaire, while you are at it you will indicate that you are applying with a family member. Then it would prompt you a question whether you are applying for visit or Study. Choose study.

As @mcobex already said you will then fill out her own separate form for study for her..
Add your own schl admission letter and other admission information, you can also get creches/daycare online around the neighborhood of your school, write to them and attach their feedback or email trail to show the VO that you have made adequate plans for your 3year old.

Please do not leave your daughter behind. She is very little. ( i have a 5 & 6-year-old) and i applied for study for both of them and visit for my spouse. I cannot even imagine leaving them behind ( most esp my children) because I wanna step out to study.

How would I even concentrate on my studies sef?? undecided

I beg to differ that, visa officers are human beings and know the value of children staying with their parents at a young and tender age.
Just my thoughts.

One more thing i did was get a study leave letter from their schl and got the schl to help also emphasize in the letter, that my children are still too young to be separated from their mother. You may also do this.

goingforward.

Thanks so much, great mother .. So the application will be submitted at the same time or when mine is out then i can apply for visit visa for her?
pls advice.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bayocanny: 4:01pm On Jul 10, 2018
sankara01:
Any One Going to SENECA or Toronto ?
bro abeg check your email, I want to make a personal enquiry about your application. thank you sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sankara01: 4:20pm On Jul 10, 2018
I dan respond oh, email me @ gregsmedia2014@gmail.com

bayocanny:

bro abeg check your email, I want to make a personal enquiry about your application. thank you sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by cecechi: 4:38pm On Jul 10, 2018
How long does it take to collect passport after passport request. I submit my passport 27th june, got a mail from vfs 28th that it had been sent, couldn't track until 29th june. Till today it still shows under processing at canadian visa office. Why so long? Does anyone have a similar problem? Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sankara01: 4:40pm On Jul 10, 2018
cecechi:
How long does it take to collect passport after passport request. I submit my passport 27th june, got a mail from vfs 28th that it had been sent, couldn't track until 29th june. Till today it still shows under processing at canadian visa office. Why so long? Does anyone have a similar problem? Thank you.

One Week
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sparkleswithfol(f): 4:45pm On Jul 10, 2018
Hello everyone! is there anyone that has applied for masters program with an HND result?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by cecechi: 4:51pm On Jul 10, 2018
sankara01:

One Week
I think mine has exceeded one week, or do they mean 7 working days, then it has still exceeded. Waiting till the end of the week if nothing happens, please someone should advice what i should do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bayocanny: 4:53pm On Jul 10, 2018
sankara01:
I dan respond oh, email me @ gregsmedia2014@gmail.com

thanks boss i check it now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 10, 2018
bisimo:

Thanks. Pls I don’t understand how u mean I should apply for her as well? U mean I should find school for her to gain admission? She’s 3 year old and she don’t need study visa now. Was thinking maybe I can just include her name that she’s going with me. pls explain more how to go about this���

God bless you for your wonderful help.

what the moniker meant was that you should search for a kindergarten or daycare around the province you intend to school, mind you, you have to show email correspondence and possible advance payments as well and something to show that the agreement is binding. This will convince the VO more that your child won't be a liability to you during your cause of study

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by harde116: 5:42pm On Jul 10, 2018
VFS told me today that it is 5-10 working days, if it has exceeded that, please contact them.

cecechi:

I think mine has exceeded one week, or do they mean 7 working days, then it has still exceeded. Waiting till the end of the week if nothing happens, please someone should advice what i should do

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by harde116: 5:43pm On Jul 10, 2018
which one is letter of introduction again? una don start o

sankara01:
Has any approved TRV applicants gotten their "Point of Entry Letter of Introduction "?, I had you need to provide the letter at the Canadian Border to get your study permit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sankara01: 5:44pm On Jul 10, 2018
cecechi:

got mine in 8 days, contact the VFS office by email, phone or in person (include your tracking number)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by harde116: 5:46pm On Jul 10, 2018
I wonder why we get questions that can be answered yourself or even google on this platform. You can just google all these info and sort yourself out, don't leave info as delicate as this to the opinion of a general public that you don't even know their background. If you want to study "LAW" and you can't answer this questions yourself, omo!

All the best sha.

artworks1:

2. I need a cheap tuition school in Canada offering law where one can school and work

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by LoveChrist: 5:57pm On Jul 10, 2018
Hello all, please When is the right time to Start emailing professors (research degrée) for a 2019 Start date.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by blaqnony: 5:59pm On Jul 10, 2018
artworks1:

Thanks

I can only answer the first one. Yes, you can study law in Canada and still praciin Nigeria. This is because Canada is a common law country as Nigeria. Also before you can practice in Nigeria after your studies in Canada, you must go through the Nigerian law school where you will enroll on Bar Part 1 for few months and then Bar Part 2 for 1 year. After which you will be called to the Nigerian bar.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by blaqnony: 6:01pm On Jul 10, 2018
@Harde please can I get to talk with you? If so, I am sending you a mail now for that purpose. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.