Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,346 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (786365 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by harde116: 10:20pm On Jul 27, 2018
Ultimately, no one should even try to send any mail before the 9weeks is complete. If you ask me, i would even say you give it one more week, say 10weeks, that's if you are patient enough. It kind of shows you are not desperate and your life is not on "pause mode" even though we know it might be. But asking that something is updated even when it's not 9weeks is pretty ridiculous. They may not even need it, I think Frank or someone got approved without a medical request on this platform. So you never know...

I understand it's quite tiring, but we really do not have a choice.

All the best guys!

Austinpee4:

Very valid points bro. One important thing to note also about sending unnecessary emails to CIC when an application has not exceeded the stipulated processing time is that it is noted in the applicant's GCMS file which is detriment during a case review. I believe nobody would want a file note with any instance of desperation recorded especially when they have provided all that is to be expected and processing time has not been exceeded. Folks with applications within the stipulated processing time need to be patient and be positive about the outcome.

The routine and processing of an application is more to what we all assume and predict. The could be delay for various reasons but one thing is always certain, as long as you applied, they will revert back to you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 10:36pm On Jul 27, 2018
i agree with you @harde116 .

My resumption is even in January 2019 sef. grin grin.
Let me wear patience with agbada and shades.

hahahahah....

It will end in praise in Jesus name. Amen.

goingforward.

harde116:
Ultimately, no one should even try to send any mail before the 9weeks is complete. If you ask me, i would even say you give it one more week, say 10weeks, that's if you are patient enough. It kind of shows you are not desperate and your life is not on "pause mode" even though we know it might be. But asking that something is updated even when it's not 9weeks is pretty ridiculous. They may not even need it, I think Frank or someone got approved without a medical request on this platform. So you never know...

All the best guys!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 10:36pm On Jul 27, 2018
MrsDaniels:

@jnyuwa02 pls am curious i am resident in the Uk but came to Nigeria 2days ago....do l need to do medicals here in Nigeria as i saw on CIC website if u not resident in Nigeria for 6months and above u are excluded from doing medicals. Pls kindly revert. Thanks.

Good poignant question. Ordinarily, no you don’t have to take medicals because you haven’t lived or travelled in Nigeria for more than six months. But the second part of the adjoining clause for those who need medical says if you are going to Canada for more than 6 months, you have to take medicals. So my guess is you are a student who is planning to go to Canada for more than six months? If so, even though you have lived in Great Britain where medicals is not required and currently live in Nigeria where Medical is required of you only if you have lived here for more than six months, the brute fact of wanting to study in Canada for more than six months, compels the conclusion that you will need to take medicals. That is the verdict! If you plan to come to Canada for less than six months on the other hand, in your particular circumstance, you DO NOT need medicals.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by HiSignature: 10:55pm On Jul 27, 2018
I would like to weigh in here;
your premises are justified but so far she is a resident in UK and coming in for study (yes, for more than 6 months), she does not need a medical examination.
I have seen many friends in this situation as well; even one of them who ticked,yes (that she requires medical examination), in her medical request form was not called for an examination and her application was approved.
I do not think been in Nigeria at the moment will change the rule for her because as far as the visa office where she applied is concerned,she is 'still' in the UK.

The rules changes for express entry applicants where irrespective of where you reside, medical examination is a must even if the applicant is a temporary resident in Canada.

jnyuwa02:

Good poignant question. Ordinarily, no you don’t have to take medicals because you haven’t lived or travelled in Nigeria for more than six months. But the second part of the adjoining clause for those who need medical says if you are going to Canada for more than 6 months, you have to take medicals. So my guess is you are a student who is planning to go to Canada for more than six months? If so, even though you have lived in Great Britain where medicals is not required and currently live in Nigeria where Medical is required of you only if you have lived here for more than six months, the brute fact of wanting to study in Canada for more than six months, compels the conclusion that you will need to take medicals. That is the verdict!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 11:10pm On Jul 27, 2018
HiSignature:
I would like to weigh in here;
your premises are justified but so far she is a resident in UK and coming in for study (yes, for more than 6 months), she does not need a medical examination.
I have seen many friends in this situation as well; even one of them who ticked,yes (that she requires medical examination), in her medical request form was not called for an examination and her application was approved.
I do not think been in Nigeria at the moment will change the rule for her because as far as the visa office where she applied is concerned,she is 'still' in the UK.

The rules changes for express entry applicants where irrespective of where you reside, medical examination is a must even if the applicant is a temporary resident in Canada.

The requirements interpreted correctly, anybody from Great Britain coming into Canada for more than six months, needs a medical examination. Anybody coming in for less than six months from GB, does not need medicals. You are right in the eyes of the requirement, she is still in the UK. That said, CIC reserves discretion to do and undo, including not requiring medicals from people who normally should give medicals. We have seen at least one person here on NL approved for visa without medicals when the requirement stipulates medicals be submitted by those coming from Nigeria and have been resident here for more than six months preceding the year they sought entry to come Canada. I am pretty sure she needs medicals if she is going for more than six months. But whether CIC would exercise discretion not to require it from her, is not within my purview of certainty.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents/country-requirements.html?_ga=2.207346451.1017965248.1532726615-1344338015.1532118200
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 11:14pm On Jul 27, 2018
Brother, i'll advice you to apply to MUN or Windsor. Windsor might not be so difficult to get into.
Windsor gave my friend an admission with same of yours. GPA.3.65/5.0.He has no work experience, just graduated lately. He packaged his application well and wrote an extremely convincing Letter of Intent which i read.. (course based masters) And i guess his letter of recommendations are great.

My lil advice, buh if u feel Manitoba is okay by you. Go ahead brother.
michael28:
Good day all, I'm new here and I would like to know my chance of getting admission into MUN or U of Manitoba with a CGPA of 3.65/5.0 but the average GPA of my last two years of undergraduate study is 4.3/5.0. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Olayemudia: 11:23pm On Jul 27, 2018
joe10:

I do not think it is necessary for you to submit your SOA if your sponsor has sufficient fund and you are submitting his SOA. But, you can submit your SOA/pay slip to reveal your monthly pay if you have work experience or still working just to boost your claim.

I hope this helps.

There's a ground for refusal called personal establishment. Well if the person in question is trying to get into college for under-g no p. But if he/she wants to get into graduate school, it is bigly necessary.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by HiSignature: 11:27pm On Jul 27, 2018
I quite understand you and yes CIC reserves the right to do and undo. In my experience thus far, I have not seen any resident in the UK for more than 6 months apply for study permit and asked to go for medicals. I went through same as well and did not have to do any medical examination.

Now look at it from this point; why add the yes and no options if ALL applying for more 6 months TRV require medicals; remember that Nigerians applying for less than 6 months do not require medicals as well (maybe the rules have change) and this cut across board for ALL countries.

jnyuwa02:

The requirements interpreted correctly, anybody from Great Britain coming into Canada for more than six months, needs a medical examination. Anybody coming in for less than six months from GB, does not need medicals. You are right in the eyes of the requirement, she is still in the UK. That said, CIC reserves discretion to do and undo, including not requiring medicals from people who normally should give medicals. We have seen at least one person here on NL approved for visa without medicals when the requirement stipulates medicals be submitted by those coming from Nigeria and have been resident here for more than six months preceding the year they sought entry to come Canada. I am pretty sure she needs medicals if she is going for more than six months. But whether CIC would exercise discretion not to require it from her, is not within my purview of certainty.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents/country-requirements.html?_ga=2.207346451.1017965248.1532726615-1344338015.1532118200
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 11:29pm On Jul 27, 2018
harde116:

All the best guys!

Wonderful!! Many people would have been tallied desperados then and refused visa because of numerous emails sent or a necessary email sent before processing time elapsed highliting something. Not so. I have never seen any one refused visa because of email they sent or tagged desperate because of it. To the contrary, I have seen many people who sent a lot of emails to CIC and CIC never responded and the only time they heard from CIC was their approval notice. To each his own.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Olayemudia: 11:34pm On Jul 27, 2018
harde116:

All the best guys!

The points are:
1. He did his medical test after applying
2. He is not sending an e-mail with an urgent subject.
3. He's not stating in the e-mail that his application is overdue
4. I've seen posts where people wrote to IRCC and they updated their application (remember we discussed that on phone).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kpizzle: 11:37pm On Jul 27, 2018
Hi Gurus in the House, please am a bit confused

My re-application is just 10 days today and my medical has been updated as passed. When i re-applied i didn't submit upfront medical because I could not wait for the report which was delayed as a result of system issues at children practice. I later went to the hospital and collected the medical report. 4 days ago, i scanned the report and sent a mail to lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca asking them to include the medical report to my application and I was surprised to see the medical update as passed today.

Is this normal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Olayemudia: 11:45pm On Jul 27, 2018
kpizzle:

My re-application is just 10 days today and my medical has been updated as passed. When i re-applied i didn't submit upfront medical because I could not wait for the report which was delayed as a result of system issues at children practice. I later went to the hospital and collected the medical report. 4 days ago, i scanned the report and sent a mail to lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca asking them to include the medical report to my application and I was surprised to see the medical update as passed today.

Is this normal?

Is the report different from the one used in your previous application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kpizzle: 11:49pm On Jul 27, 2018
I didn't do or submit upfront medical in my previous application

Olayemudia:

Is the report different from the one used in your previous application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MrsDaniels(f): 12:04am On Jul 28, 2018
Wow......i did submitted my applcatn and my hubbys yesterday morning already and done biometrics too we only attached our police certificate issued in the UK. Note:- Am in Nigeria for only 2-3months so you think i still need medicals?

jnyuwa02:

Good poignant question. Ordinarily, no you don’t have to take medicals because you haven’t lived or travelled in Nigeria for more than six months. But the second part of the adjoining clause for those who need medical says if you are going to Canada for more than 6 months, you have to take medicals. So my guess is you are a student who is planning to go to Canada for more than six months? If so, even though you have lived in Great Britain where medicals is not required and currently live in Nigeria where Medical is required of you only if you have lived here for more than six months, the brute fact of wanting to study in Canada for more than six months, compels the conclusion that you will need to take medicals. That is the verdict! If you plan to come to Canada for less than six months on the other hand, in your particular circumstance, you DO NOT need medicals.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 12:10am On Jul 28, 2018
MrsDaniels:
Wow......i did submitted my applcatn and my hubbys yesterday morning already and done biometrics too we only attached our police certificate issued in the UK. Note:- Am in Nigeria for only 2-3months so you think i still need medicals?

Ma’am that is what the requirement says. But wait on CIC, they may not call you for medicals. One person relates his experience here that he has never seen CIC actually call people from GB for medicals even though that is the requirement. There is some ring of truth to it. I say just wait. They will let you know.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:13am On Jul 28, 2018
Elfmannisback:

How much is the naira value of 85CAD at VFS? I'm applying against PR visa.

www.oanda.com

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 12:14am On Jul 28, 2018
kpizzle:

Is this normal?

This is very normal. This what I asked people to do and people are going hey wire. Enjoy jor! You just cut yourself some valuable waiting time.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by HiSignature: 12:27am On Jul 28, 2018
I'll look out for the trend of her application.
I think from her information, she applied in Nigeria even though she holds UK resident permit.
I would actually like to see if her application will be treated using the UK timeline (1 week) or Nigeria's processing time.

jnyuwa02:

Ma’am that is what the requirement says. But wait on CIC, they may not call you for medicals. One person relates his experience here that he has never seen CIC actually call people from GB for medicals even though that is the requirement. There is some ring of truth to it. I say just wait. They will let you know.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 12:34am On Jul 28, 2018
HiSignature:
I'll look out for the trend of her application.
I think from her information, she applied in Nigeria even though she has hold UK resident permit.
I would actually like to see if her application will be treated using the UK timeline (1 week) or Nigeria's processing time.

It won’t happen. She is applying in Nigeria and automatically comes under the Nigerian jurisdictional rule as per average processing time. If she is applying in the UK, even as a resident chances are likely than not that she will not even be eligible for the one week. Nigerians applying abroad even as residents have been complaining lately of not been accorded the same processing time as native citizens of those countries they are applying in.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chisiudeh: 12:36am On Jul 28, 2018
Attorney jnyuwa02 i greet o.
I applied on the 6th of June and did biometrics two weeks later and as at then the PT was 8 weeks. Am i right to contact them after the 8 weeks elapses?

Thanks

jnyuwa02:

This is very normal. This what I asked people to do and people are going hey wire. Enjoy jor! You just cut yourself some valuable waiting time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 12:41am On Jul 28, 2018
chisiudeh:
Attorney jnyuwa02 i greet o.
I applied on the 6th of June and did biometrics two weeks later and as at then the PT was 8 weeks. Am i right to contact them after the 8 weeks elapses?

Thanks

Yes Sir, you are Scot free!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:43am On Jul 28, 2018
bbclue:

At times you people asked unnecessary questions. ..why can't you pick calculator and multiply by yourself....

God have mercy......Frank come and answer questions am sure primary 4 student can answer.....
bbclue,

Lol! grin very funny of you! I recently find out that nobody is doing research on their own. Everyone needs a direct answer from the oven to their questions. Continuous repetition of questions that has already been answered on the previous threads has now become a new trend here, which is not supposed. I now see post's like "I have been called for biometrics, please when will they call me for medicals and passport request". Etc.. Things have drastically changed on this thread. I remember vividly some time last year, how newbies are redirected to read the previous threads before coming here to ask questions.. No wonder whenever I come online the thread is derailing so quickly. People are meant to do some research on their own, then if eventually they need guidance during the process, that's when they can ask questions and the knowledgeable ones here can answer.

God help us all!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:47am On Jul 28, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Attorney jnyuwa02 do you sleep at all? grin grin. You're always active to respond to queries. No mind me, nice job okay!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 12:51am On Jul 28, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Attorney jnyuwa02 do you sleep at all? grin grin. You're always active to respond to queries. No mind me, nice job okay!

Mallam Frank, smiley I sleep ooh! Just one of those days I happen to be awake with free time on my hands to answer questions before sleep comes calling to yonderland.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:55am On Jul 28, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Mallam Frank, smiley I sleep ooh! Just one of those days I happen to be awake with free time on my hands to answer questions before sleep comes calling to yonderland.

Oh! That's nice! Anyways, you're a saving grace here, at least the task is reducing with your assistance. Continue with the good works okay.

Stay safe Attorney General of Plateau Mountain. cool
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 12:57am On Jul 28, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Oh! That's nice! Anyways, you're a saving grace here, at least the task is reducing with your assistance. Continue with the good works okay.

Stay safe Attorney General of Plateau Mountain. cool

Haha, thanks Legend, God bless you and all your endeavors!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 1:01am On Jul 28, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Haha, thanks Legend, God bless you and all your endeavors!

Thank you attorney! God bless you more too.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Naijaforeigner: 10:21am On Jul 28, 2018
jnyuwa02:

It won’t happen. She is applying in Nigeria and automatically comes under the Nigerian jurisdictional rule as per average processing time. If she is applying in the UK, even as a resident chances are likely than not that she will not even be eligible for the one week. Nigerians applying abroad even as residents have been complaining lately of not been accorded the same processing time as native citizens of those countries they are applying in.

This is Very very correct. This man here knows what he is saying.

@HiSignature, I applied in Uk and my aplication would be 3 weeks on Tuesday (31/07/18). I still checked about 5 minutes ago, they are still doing background checks (P.S: I even submitted disclosure with my application).

The processing time of 1week as stated on their site does not apply to Nigerians.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kpizzle: 10:55am On Jul 28, 2018
The situation in Nigeria and coutries with similar status is very sad. The simple reason UK is 1week and other place is several weeks is just as a result of mistrust and pressure of many people applying. All the submitted documents needs to be verified and all details need to double checked. �

E go better.

Naijaforeigner:

This is Very very correct. This man here knows what he is saying.

@HiSignature, I applied in Uk and my aplication would be 3 weeks on Tuesday (31/07/18). I still checked about 5 minutes ago, they are still doing background checks (P.S: I even submitted disclosure with my application).

The processing time of 1week as stated on their site does not apply to Nigerians.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by itsmeurLady(f): 11:14am On Jul 28, 2018
Geenosko:

You can pm me. I have some spare time this Saturday

Thank you so much, God will bless you, you have no idea what this means to me, thank you. Check your pm please

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.