Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (316) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (786558 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 1:14pm On Jul 28, 2018
Hello House. For those that applied online recentky, Please how much is the current application fee(Online). Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hurricanesgrace: 3:26pm On Jul 28, 2018
kpizzle:
The situation in Nigeria and coutries with similar status is very sad. The simple reason UK is 1week and other place is several weeks is just as a result of mistrust and pressure of many people applying. All the submitted documents needs to be verified and all details need to double checked. �

E go better.

The simple reason to the best of my knowledge why UK is one week and other countries several weeks is because Canada was colonized by Britain. The govt of Canada still report to the queen of England somehow. So it is only natural they be given some level of leniency as against Nigeria and other countries not necessary cos of mistrust.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Mbaku86: 3:36pm On Jul 28, 2018
Fleshly:

Bro, I'm yet to apply for visa but going through the posts here I'm at lost what 'medicals' am I to do? I have a health fitness certificate from FMC in Enugu, isn't it enough? Or is their a particular kind of medical test that is required.

Thanks for your anticipated reply.

The health fitness certificate will be inadmissible. As part of the requirements for Study permit you will have to take a Medical test by CIC approved Hospitals. They test primarily for your H.I.V Status, Syphilis and Tuberculosis. This is a link of the approved hospitals that you can take your tests - http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx You can undertake the test before the submission of your application (i.e Upfront Medicals) or submit your application and wait for CIC to "request" you to take one at any of the above-mentioned hospitals.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kishkosh: 4:11pm On Jul 28, 2018
makano:
Hello House. For those that applied online recentky, Please how much is the current application fee(Online). Thanks
Visa fee 150
Biometrics 85
235 CAD for VISA fee and biometrics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MrsDaniels(f): 4:53pm On Jul 28, 2018
Pls @Goingforward wanna link my hubbys spouse open work permit paper application to online but am a bit stranded as i dunno what should be in the last subcategory. Please kindly revert. Thanks alot.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MrsDaniels(f): 4:57pm On Jul 28, 2018
Oh okay....Thanks Love. God bless!

jnyuwa02:

Ma’am that is what the requirement says. But wait on CIC, they may not call you for medicals. One person relates his experience here that he has never seen CIC actually call people from GB for medicals even though that is the requirement. There is some ring of truth to it. I say just wait. They will let you know.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by BayourC: 5:07pm On Jul 28, 2018
alftdbts:
Good day, I’ve been silent reader for more than a year now, but had to register so I comment on this. I submitted same day with no appointment. I guess all that matters is your approach towards the guy giving out numbers. I came in late around 1:50 pm and still got to submit my application.

Anyone who wants to try should follow the advise of a Nairalander who submitted his application the same day he went to VFS without prior booking. We never know what can happen once you allowed into the building, just go early 5:30am as the person suggested. Instead of risking ones life and time to Abuja except you have another mission enroute Abuja. Was at VFS last week and I forgot my passport but they still allowed me to complete my biometrics, though I was asked at every point where my original passport was!!! The crowd there wasn't abnormal and I was number 71 got there around 9:30am. Spent like 1hr, 25mins.

Remember the early bird gets the worm, and the second mouse gets the cheese. If you being queried you can chip it in that your resumption time cannot beat the wait time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by BayourC: 5:08pm On Jul 28, 2018
Good day, I’ve been silent reader for more than a year now, but had to register so I comment on this. I submitted same day with no appointment. I guess all that matters is your approach towards the guy giving out numbers. I came in late around 1:50 pm and still got to submit my application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by harde116: 6:58pm On Jul 28, 2018
I agree with you, but the question is, did they specify a particular time for each of the updates? Did they say after 2weeks, you should get a medical request or any kind of request at all? I guess your answer is NO. I really don't think it's necessary is all i'm saying,except you have taken a significant step that should be updated. If not, na waiting sure pass. From August, i believe responses would be faster because people have to resume in September and their Queries would really disturb CIC.

jnyuwa02:

Wonderful!! Many people would have been tallied desperados then and refused visa because of numerous emails sent or a necessary email sent before processing time elapsed highliting something. Not so. I have never seen any one refused visa because of email they sent or tagged desperate because of it. To the contrary, I have seen many people who sent a lot of emails to CIC and CIC never responded and the only time they heard from CIC was their approval notice. To each his own.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by harde116: 7:04pm On Jul 28, 2018
But his questions would be? I think there is something psychological about this. It's more about calling some sort of "special" attention to your application, especially when it is not due. You must have a reason that, it's either your school is about to resume or there is something urgent about the application. But if nothing, what exactly would be your point? That you are impatient or because hypertension wants to kill you? because you want to hear their decision so you can move on? Or because you want to quickly book cheap flight? So they say you want to pay millions for school fees and it's small flight difference you can't afford. It's absolutely not needed in my opinion.

We can only hope for quick responses, but we can't push for it. I've been here so i understand how it feels and i can advise someone to be patient because i was, it was not easy, but i did.

Olayemudia:

The points are:
1. He did his medical test after applying
2. He is not sending an e-mail with an urgent subject.
3. He's not stating in the e-mail that his application is overdue
4. I've seen posts where people wrote to IRCC and they updated their application (remember we discussed that on phone).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by taskcompleteng: 7:09pm On Jul 28, 2018
Pls my Girl friend is yet to finish from Science Lab tech in a poly, and we will be traveling to Canada soon, is there any related courses she can take over there that can get her a job,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 28, 2018
That shouldn't be a problem, once you have you visa either study permit or permanent residence permit, you don't need to worry even if she doesn't finish, once she can can follow you may she is going with you on open spouse work permit, she can take transcripts from her science lab tech from where she stop in Nigeria. So don't bother get to Canada first before taking thqt

taskcompleteng:
Pls my Girl friend is yet to finish from Science Lab tech in a poly, and we will be traveling to Canada soon, is there any related courses she can take over there that can get her a job.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Pawlahh: 9:58pm On Jul 28, 2018
Hey guys, looking for a travel mate,
Anyone traveling to Winnipeg through Lufthansa on the 6th of August.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by litterbug(f): 11:30pm On Jul 28, 2018
Thanks a lot. I called the Canadian embassy to log a complaint and was told to apply for them separately then send them a mail to link their applications to my account.
Really appreciate@going forward

goingforward:

If you intended to apply for study for your children you are supposed to have filled the

IMM1294e - Application for a study permit made outside of Canada.

IMM5257b- Schedule 1 - Application for Temporary residence

for each of your children.

You would also see a section for optional and supporting documents to be uploaded for them.

Goingforward.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Olayemudia: 1:05am On Jul 29, 2018
Pawlahh:
Hey guys, looking for a travel mate,
Anyone traveling to Winnipeg through Lufthansa on the 6th of August.

22nd of August.
Why so early?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by nivlek000(m): 2:24am On Jul 29, 2018
Not too early to get acquainted with the new environment. Ample time to settle in. 22nd is fair also.
Olayemudia:

22nd of August.
Why so early?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Pawlahh: 8:16am On Jul 29, 2018
Olayemudia:

22nd of August.
Why so early?

Want to chill with my sister before school starts, and my school is at Saskatchewan.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Beeholar18: 9:58am On Jul 29, 2018
Happy sunday everyone
I submitted my application online mid of May and was given 10th of June for my biometrics. But I didn't got any letter to take alone with me. Then I mailed them and the reply I got was to wait till the date specified. On the specified date I mailed them again but was told some of the attachment I uploaded they couldn't open it so I should resend them that they will get intouch which I did and they confirmed they received it. That's 15th of June but since them have not heard from them. Please did anyone have an idea of what might be going on.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Brendamad: 10:36am On Jul 29, 2018
Olayemudia:

22nd of August.
Why so early?
Hi, are u leaving from Lagos? If so let’s connect
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Olayemudia: 11:07am On Jul 29, 2018
Brendamad:
Hi, are u leaving from Lagos? If so let’s connect

Yea.
I Sent you an Email

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 12:52pm On Jul 29, 2018
Beeholar18:
Happy sunday everyone
I submitted my application online mid of May and was given 10th of June for my biometrics. But I didn't got any letter to take alone with me. Then I mailed them and the reply I got was to wait till the date specified. On the specified date I mailed them again but was told some of the attachment I uploaded they couldn't open it so I should resend them that they will get intouch which I did and they confirmed they received it. That's 15th of June but since them have not heard from them. Please did anyone have an idea of what might be going on.
Thanks
was given 10th of June for my biometrics. But I didn't got any letter to take alone with me. Your statements are not clear
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by andre99(m): 2:41pm On Jul 29, 2018
@jnyuwa02 is very right, it was about the same time i applied last year. Processing time was as high as 22 weeks bro and yes it was study permit.
I still have a screenshot of it on my phone.

Kindly see attached.

wealth360:
Many waited for long agreed, but be sincere on CIC website did you see anything like 22 weeks for study permit processing time? A VO decision on an application can take more than the official processing time on their website. you no specify which one bro that is what am saying. grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 3:12pm On Jul 29, 2018
litterbug:
Thanks a lot. I called the Canadian embassy to log a complaint and was told to apply for them separately then send them a mail to link their applications to my account.
Really appreciate@going forward

@litterbug,

its better you called them, you are good to go.

goingforward
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MrsDaniels(f): 3:51pm On Jul 29, 2018
@goingforward pls am waiting for your response. How do i link my hubbys spouse open work permit application online.

MrsDaniels:
Pls @Goingforward wanna link my hubbys spouse open work permit paper application to online but am a bit stranded as i dunno what should be in the last subcategory. Please kindly revert. Thanks alot.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 4:21pm On Jul 29, 2018
MrsDaniels:
@goingforward pls am waiting for your response. How do i link my hubbys spouse open work permit application online.

@MrsDaniels,

I applied for a visit visa for my hubby not open work permit, we also did an online application. I am not sure how to go about the linking of an open work permit.
Gurus in the house @jnyuwa02 @Frankrobbn1 please assist.

Thanks

goingforward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by henricson(m): 4:25pm On Jul 29, 2018
I'll like to first apologize to people who may get angry that the alot of repetitive questions are being asked. I tried my best to get information from old threads and the CIC website.

This is my first time applying for a Canadian study permit. Got an admission to humber college for a graduate program in project management slated for the winter program January 2019. I have an MBA from Ahmadu Bello Zaria, and b.sc in banking and finance. I have been working for almost 3 years in customer care for a telecommunications company. That's for that.

So far, I realised one can apply online and just upload required documents. I hope it's ok to take pictures of documents and upload.

For clarification, required documents to upload online are, acceptance letter from university, birth certificate, police clearance (yet to be called to pick this up), upfront medical clearance (booked appointment date at prime medical is 31/07/2018), SOA from sponsor plus letter of introduction, plus canadian citizenship page of sponsor, employment letter and payslip of sponsor, letter of introduction from work place plus 6months payslip (learnt payslip not important though), employment letter, Nigerian passport (data page), proof of first semester tuition payment.

One last question, I guess visa application fee is paid immediately after application online, and later on the visa office calls for biometrics

Please once again, I apologise for taking us back
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 4:48pm On Jul 29, 2018
henricson:
I'll like to first apologize to people who may get angry that the alot of repetitive questions are being asked. I tried my best to get information from old threads and the CIC website.

This is my first time applying for a Canadian study permit. Got an admission to humber college for a graduate program in project management slated for the winter program January 2019. I have an MBA from Ahmadu Bello Zaria, and b.sc in banking and finance. I have been working for almost 3 years in customer care for a telecommunications company. That's for that.

So far, I realised one can apply online and just upload required documents. I hope it's ok to take pictures of documents and upload.

For clarification, required documents to upload online are, acceptance letter from university, birth certificate, police clearance (yet to be called to pick this up), upfront medical clearance (booked appointment date at prime medical is 31/07/2018), SOA from sponsor plus letter of introduction, plus canadian citizenship page of sponsor, employment letter and payslip of sponsor, letter of introduction from work place plus 6months payslip (learnt payslip not important though), employment letter, Nigerian passport (data page), proof of first semester tuition payment.

One last question, I guess visa application fee is paid immediately after application online, and later on the visa office calls for biometrics

Please once again, I apologise for taking us back

You will have to scanned all documents....firstly you will upload imm forms 1294E...family information form...and temporary visitor form....then there is a place they wrote..
Client information were you will upload your SOP....BSC certificate etc. ...then you still upload....sponsored financial document with your own all together...and there after your data page of passport separately...and passport photograph...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Shinner2010(m): 7:18pm On Jul 29, 2018
hello house, do I need to pay the school full tuition fee before applying for Visa or only need to show statement of account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Aphrikanna: 8:05pm On Jul 29, 2018
When I see people talking about study permit and I've not even gotten admission yet sad sad sad

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Aphrikanna: 8:12pm On Jul 29, 2018
michael28:
Good day all, I'm new here and I would like to know my chance of getting admission into MUN or U of Manitoba with a CGPA of 3.65/5.0 but the average GPA of my last two years of undergraduate study is 4.3/5.0. Thank you
What term did you apply for and what course

(1) (2) (3) ... (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.